Tribalwars, a dying game? :O

DeletedUser

I kind of did copy this from the General Section. Most people don't read General well... people who don't have time don't which is a lot I think.

Discussion... Will tribalwars ever fully die out? What could they do to prevent it?

I believe sooner or later it will if I remember correctly 3-4 years ago there was A LOT more players than there are now. .NET sitting at 169K players. Not many if you think of it.

Now I ask you W52 do you think Tribalwars is dying? If not, why do you think so? If so, how can they/we prevent it?

-The Punisher.

DeletedUser

We can prevent it by training pidgeons to use computers.

Pidgeons are ruthless. Organised. Far more intelligent than they let on. They'll crap on you, fly away, and taunt you before you even see them coming - If we had more pidgeons in Tribal Wars, there would be much greater competition and people wouldn't get bored.

You know it makes sense.

DeletedUser

We can prevent it by training pidgeons to use computers.

Pidgeons are ruthless. Organised. Far more intelligent than they let on. They'll crap on you, fly away, and taunt you before you even see them coming - If we had more pidgeons in Tribal Wars, there would be much greater competition and people wouldn't get bored.

You know it makes sense.

:lol:

On a moar srs bsns note; I dunno if it's already been brought up in the other thread but perhaps the opening of different country servers and the slow, but steady, popularization of coplaying has an impact on the lessening numbers.

Yeah, it's probably already been brought up.

DeletedUser

The fact that worlds are progressing at a much more accelerating rate than ever before is proof of this in my opinion.

Stop making pre-mades and killing off entire regions of possible tribal wars players is one possible option. Each player that dies to a group that will be gone a month in is a possible player that could be active and remain consistent in keeping the game alive. Just a small idea.

DeletedUser91488

they should find a way to ban tribalhugz, massive merges between tribes just for protection just kills off entire K's

DeletedUser

TW will eventually die. Its not good policy when you let your customers kill each other.

-Rayn

DeletedUser

Of course I must do basic fact checking:

Here is the InnoGames Business model, the large group are all players, the green ones are premium players, the boxes are advertising. Obviously InnoGames is either going broke or they are money hungry because introducing the higher premium rates and new premium features (that must be seperately purchased). Also, with higher general traffic, the cost of advertising is going up as well.
[spoil]
geschaeftsmodell.jpg
[/spoil]

And I couldnt find stats on TW.net traffic, but overall... Id say their playerbase for their games is growing...

[spoil]
growth-innogames_en.png
[/spoil]

There are stats for TW in general, just not specifically the .net server. There is currently 37 million registered users on 30 servers.

I personally recall when The West released, 10 of my friends quit TW. When Grepolis was released... I left TW with about 8 or 9 people. SevenLands is currently in German beta server. When it released in English, its likely that alot of people go play that instead of TW.

[spoil]
dun_ghul_text.jpg
[/spoil]

Personally, I have only been able to get 1 person to join TW seriously. Others have joined, but they dont like the fact that there are hardcore strategies that are essentially flawless. Therefore, since they havent perfected them, they dont stand a chance against someone who has. There is no way of "fixing" this without destroying the game for older players.

So... will TW.net die? Maybe... Will TW die? Probably not...

And @ dinozzo: Thats more likely to get people pissed off that they cant merge. Which wouldnt help.

-Rayn

DeletedUser

they should find a way to ban tribalhugz, massive merges between tribes just for protection just kills off entire K's

I'd like to see a world where switching tribes is impossible, where you cannot send attacks at your own tribemates and cannot support anyone outside of your own tribe.

This could simplify the game and allow new players to get interested before the seasoned ones take advantage of them through deception.

there may be a few bugs running a world this way , but worth a try I believe.

DeletedUser

I'd like to see a world where switching tribes is impossible, where you cannot send attacks at your own tribemates and cannot support anyone outside of your own tribe.

This could simplify the game and allow new players to get interested before the seasoned ones take advantage of them through deception.

there may be a few bugs running a world this way , but worth a try I believe.

I believe that was world 28 (one of the 20s, Ill double check)... and it sucked ALOT! Spying was a huge issue so basically "trusted member" was introduced and you just had a bunch of people not willing to fight.

-Rayn

DeletedUser

W27 maybe, its info isnt on the "More Information" section of help.

-Rayn

DeletedUser

Hmm are you refering to the world that you were automatically put into a tribe once you joined? You could leave your tribe after being on the world for 3 months.

DeletedUser

I played on that world... was really boring.

GeneralLewis

DeletedUser

I didn't even bother joining it.

And yes it was w27.

About world 27:

World 27 was announced along with world 28 on the 10th of November 2008, and started on the 13th. It shared a registration constraint with world 28.

The world featured very unique settings, with each joining player being randomly put in one of 200 tribes. During the first three months of the world it was not possible to leave a tribe or for it to be disbanded. As soon as a tribe reached 100 members a duke was elected via vote in the forums.

10,587 players joined on opening day, with that total raising to 35,113 after a week. Sadly 35,113 was also the peak number of players we saw on the world.

In terms of ennoblement activity the world peaked during week 2 of 2009, during which there were 198 village captures every day.

The world has 107,414 villages, has seen 86,642 village captures and TW Stats has tracked 108,528 tribe changes, making the world the 'quietest' world we have at tribalwars.net.

The world was closed to new registrations on the 5th of August 2010.

DeletedUser

You reckon there will be another world with similar settings?

DeletedUser

By "quietest" Im sure they mean the most mind numbingly SimCity-esque. And no, I doubt they will... 198 captures per day? Thats a very slow day... Ive seen tribes do more than that... Then again, the settings would deter older players from joining, thus making it more fair for new players.
Hmmm, its worth some thought. But from what Ive heard, the people who come to .net go to co.uk to learn how to play.

-Rayn

DeletedUser

The hardcore element will strangle the game in the end. As long as there are basement-dwellers with all day to spare, there will be elitism.

TBH I personally dont enjoy tribalwars like I used to when I was a Newbie. When TW was just a carefree game. I remember marking like 1000 incomings a day. That wasnt a game, that was a job. Didnt enjoy it.

I only enjoy W52 because all I do is turtle and troll :3

Swans1981

I kind of did copy this from the General Section. Most people don't read General well... people who don't have time don't which is a lot I think.

Discussion... Will tribalwars ever fully die out? What could they do to prevent it?

I believe sooner or later it will if I remember correctly 3-4 years ago there was A LOT more players than there are now. .NET sitting at 169K players. Not many if you think of it.

Now I ask you W52 do you think Tribalwars is dying? If not, why do you think so? If so, how can they/we prevent it?

-The Punisher.

I'm sure i read somewhere that the drop out rate has leveled off and they are gradually growing back up, slowly..

Dan Rather

:lol:

On a moar srs bsns note; I dunno if it's already been brought up in the other thread but perhaps the opening of different country servers and the slow, but steady, popularization of coplaying has an impact on the lessening numbers.

Yeah, it's probably already been brought up.

Ya, I brought up this point several times in the original thread. Co-playing dilutes the talent pool and makes it appear to have less players overall. I hate co-players sooooo much.