Tutorial - First farm run

Zoquelle

I agree about 1/1/1. The tutorial suggested I build timber and farm as I completed it. By that time, I had already built 1/1/1.

On a positive note, it looks like they've given us the 5 spears and by following certain build steps, they reward us with enough resources to immediately build a barracks and start producing spears without any kind if inactivity in our builds. I really like that.

It makes it possible to start farming within the first 6 hours.

DeletedUser

fordy you know I will delete my current account on w 54 due to not using that account for that world.

Michael Corleone.

If you really have no farming options, normally I'd say wait a few hours because barbs will appear. You'd be really screwed without them.
And if you don't get any an used your restart already? :icon_neutral:

Do you know what adapting to your area is?

Zoquelle

And if you don't get any an used your restart already? :icon_neutral:

Do you know what adapting to your area is?

You can't restart without waiting a week on this world. Starting next to three bonus barbs and getting bondfire are the two most unfair things in this game. I pray for both.

Michael Corleone.

You can't restart without waiting a week on this world. Starting next to three bonus barbs and getting bondfire are the two most unfair things in this game. I pray for both.
No you can restart. You cannot join with another account without waiting a week on this world.

Zoquelle

No you can restart. You cannot join with another account without waiting a week on this world.

ah, got confused. I looked around for a bit and found a few people 4 fields from a barb (diagonally). I kinda wonder if their placement algorithm places barbs such that everyone is within a minimum distance of a barb.

But yes, if you decide not to restart and you're too far to farm, you have to build timber. Maybe the tutorial's AI was trying to tell me something? lol

DeletedUser

Nauzhor gave a really good guide on an LC rush based upon how many barbs you have in your area.
http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=265
Don't restart you might be a little bit slow to get off at but then everyone in your area will sorta be too and as more people join sometimes a few more barbs tend to pop into being.

Zoquelle

Nauzhor gave a really good guide on an LC rush based upon how many barbs you have in your area.
http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=265
Don't restart you might be a little bit slow to get off at but then everyone in your area will sorta be too and as more people join sometimes a few more barbs tend to pop into being.

I read thru the guide and it looks smartly written. I don't think it applies to this world since we're getting more than normal: 5 free spears and enough resources to build the barracks right off the bat. Even if your nearest farm is far away, I think it makes sense to go for the spears and do paly/spear runs as soon as possible - you'll make more resources than kicking up your pits.

A humble player

I read thru the guide and it looks smartly written. I don't think it applies to this world since we're getting more than normal: 5 free spears and enough resources to build the barracks right off the bat. Even if your nearest farm is far away, I think it makes sense to go for the spears and do paly/spear runs as soon as possible - you'll make more resources than kicking up your pits.

1. That guide is in general outdated, it is too "rushy"
2. it wasn't great at the time
3. nauz never used it
4. guides lake that are not good to follow

Michael Corleone.

Guides are not meant to be followed step by step. It teaches the idea of adapting your area and surroundings.

DeletedUser

Guides are not meant to be followed step by step. It teaches the idea of adapting your area and surroundings.

Could not have put that better myself. You don't have to follow that guide, guides are there to take what you need and maybe look at things from a different point of view.

DeletedUser

^^^ Like humble palyer said (HALLO) you should always build mines up to atleast 1 first, then do whatever else. If you do go straight for barracks then you will lose out on a lot of resources near the start..

I think mines make 5 res per hour (at level 0) at level 1 it makes 30 per hour.. cant remember all the times but if you go straight to barracks you miss out on a spear every 1hr 45 minutes compared to every 10 hours...... (with pits alone) time would shorten depending on how well you can farm with your pally but still not worth the wait