W18 Fun or Not???? Did Apoc Ruin the World?????

DeletedUser

I appreciate that the answer for a lot of people to this question will depend on which side of the war they have been, but I personally continue to enjoy W18 for the friends that I have made and the fun we have in game.

I think a lot of people will say the fun went out of this world some time ago with our "hugging" but if that was the case, why still play?

When the war with MIM kicked off numbers where pretty even, despite what swordnoob will try to portray. Therefore, what went wrong with MIM and why were they not up to the task at hand?

For me the answer is simple, their leadership! Since the deterioration of MIM APOC has intergrated with players that were previously classed as the enemy. Has this worked out for the better, only time will tell but all I can say is that is has given me new found respect for players such as rudegar!!!

Unfortunately, in this game the vast majority of people follow without question, something I think some wannabe princesess seem to have thrived off, but fortunately for us the number of active players in this world is now significantly reduced and we have become more astute to the lies and BS these players once got away with!

Where am I going with all this, simple, is the game fun or not? My answer as I have mentioned above is yes for the reasons I put, but had I been unfortunate enough to have been in MIM with it's poor leadership, both present and past, then my answer would most definately be no!!!!

DeletedUser

I think the way Dhudson posed the questions puts a biased slant on things, but I'll answer the surface question.

It's definitely more fun by being on the winning side, but it's not nearly as much fun as it used to be - but the reason is how *long* we've been playing, not that one side is winning.

Even when I win a board game like Axis & Allies, I'm usually bored by the end. It's just toooo long.

I love that chess has a clear mechanism where you lose when a certain threshold is reached - I don't have to chase every last piece around the board until I've killed the last pawn.

So... I'd actually consider playing another TW world *if* there'd been a clearer victory condition. If the enemy all quit now, and the world closed - I'd have had a much more satisfying experience than playing for another year or more mopping up the barb noblers and waiting for the next personality conflict to launch a short-lived rebellion.

DeletedUser

W18 is still fun. Mainly because of the people I play with. There are even a couple of enemies out there that make it fun. And, I love APOC, I don't think we ruined the world, I think we've played well and played smart.

DeletedUser

you all want to make it fun again . heres a plan , we split the world in half and the left fights the right ... From K0 to end of K4 vs K5 to K9 ... what you all say ..

Everybody with villages on teh opppsite side have to defend there own villages

DeletedUser

Like dhudson, I'd say the game is definitely fun, and to me as well it really is about the friends I have made. Our enemies lack juice though, which is a shame, as it feels a bit like nobling red barbs. I don't know what it was like in the original MM but I am guessing it was a fun place to be. No idea what happened to them to go downhill like they did.

DeletedUser

I quit w18 2 months ago but still checking my inbox from time to time becouse of few friends there...I dont know,I started to be annoyed with some ppl,started to be lazy to even launch my nukes,lots of my friends is quit...so its stopped to be fun for me...but I definitely dont blame Apoc for that.

Anyway,was fun for quite some time,I've met some really great ppl...I had some damn good fights...so w18 was definitely worth it to play.

DeletedUser

it still is fun for me..apoc didn't ruin it though,they make it interesting..

DeletedUser

Like dhudson, I'd say the game is definitely fun, and to me as well it really is about the friends I have made. Our enemies lack juice though, which is a shame, as it feels a bit like nobling red barbs. I don't know what it was like in the original MM but I am guessing it was a fun place to be. No idea what happened to them to go downhill like they did.

yes beeing mass stacked and eating inactives seems like your way of "fun",,

w18 died many months ago when they apoc hugged tf

DeletedUser

Since i entered this world a few days ago its been nothing but fun, i guess the people who have lost or been butthurt by APOC have a different view on the situation. :)

DeletedUser

Since i entered this world a few days ago its been nothing but fun, i guess the people who have lost or been butthurt by APOC have a different view on the situation. :)

Neither I've lost or been butthurt by Apoc(my stats are free to check...was more like other way around tbh)...its just stopped to be fun.
But i guess the key words in your statment are I entered this world few days ago...

[spoil] AA :) 4 u [/spoil]

DeletedUser

yes beeing mass stacked and eating inactives seems like your way of "fun",,

w18 died many months ago when they apoc hugged tf

when the inactive is you, it's nothing but fun. nom, nom, nom. how does 20 villages feel?

DeletedUser

when the inactive is you, it's nothing but fun. nom, nom, nom. how does 20 villages feel?

"yawn"

Got plenty of nobles and soon plenty of time....

Took me 3 weeks last time to grow to 3 mill +, will take same time now to get to 5 mill +...

How will you feel when Im at 5 mill ?????

And who you think I will nuke when got 300 offencive villas ?

"tsk tsk tsk"

Thailand has been great, nothing beats 4 months here hehehehehhehehehhee

DeletedUser

"yawn"

Got plenty of nobles and soon plenty of time....

Took me 3 weeks last time to grow to 3 mill +, will take same time now to get to 5 mill +...

How will you feel when Im at 5 mill ?????

And who you think I will nuke when got 300 offencive villas ?

"tsk tsk tsk"

Thailand has been great, nothing beats 4 months here hehehehehhehehehhee

them barbs better watch out, huh? :icon_rolleyes:

keee

MM was always a smaller, more compact bunch of players to begin the world. And those players were definately the best in the world at expanding the tribe on the forums and in-game. But alas, their time has passed. As they inevitabley had to expand in the absence of those who left over time, the intake displaced alot of the originals from K/INF/MM. In short.. APOC core players just stayed around alot longer than the MM ones..

dhudson who?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

MM was always a smaller, more compact bunch of players to begin the world. And those players were definately the best in the world at expanding the tribe on the forums and in-game. But alas, their time has passed. As they inevitabley had to expand in the absence of those who left over time, the intake displaced alot of the originals from K/INF/MM. In short.. APOC core players just stayed around alot longer than the MM ones..

dhudson who?

It's not just that the core players stayed around longer. They gathered together lots of players that they could sift through to find the long-term keepers. What some would call hugging, is also planning for attrition or succession.

Every leader should immediately have a plan for what happens when they leave, and make sure to have a healthy transition.

One of our dukes actually thoughtfully planned out joining another of the family tribes when they stepped down, so that the current members would be encouraged to rely on the new leader instead of continually going to the retired person and thereby creating shadow leadership confusion.

DeletedUser

On topic... w18 has been a hoot lately... did apoc ruin the world?? I guess the answer to that depends on what motivates you... personally, I love being the underdog and I see the apoc thing as a challenge unlike any other world I have played. I suppose for those who freak out at a few thousand incoming they would say yes apoc ruined the world... for myself... I see a big family as a giant cumbersome blob and when good things happen against them it magnifies the embarrassment... with more than half the actives left allied to them it's hilarious that it is taking to long to break tiny tribes like =V=...

Big family tribes are nothing but fat and lazy... noble trains at 40 seconds from start to finish are never going to work....lol I suppose thats why such a small number of players can give them so much difficulty... I wonder what they will do if... heaven forbid.... a few more experienced players decided to come back to settle a few old scores?

DeletedUser

I'm going to say that Apoc didn't ruin the world. Family tribes are the perfect solution in theory. However they are hated. So, Apoc has given y'all something to hate and destroy. Although saying that, I think the world would be better with several more super powers.