W18 Fun or Not???? Did Apoc Ruin the World?????

DeletedUser

I dunno there were several points in our history where things could have gone badly for us.

The core:
G.Khan and LEGION could have been as good as everyone said they were.
Blade! could have been not been a bunch of inactives.-MM- could have broke the NAP (more blatantly) by supporting LEGION more (or engaging TWA outright)

K45/54:
Tribes didnt support their players. We waited, massed a single player, they became overwhelmed and steamrolled. Its not like there were bad players here, just overwhelmed and under supported.

K36: What a lucky break. K34 and K35 were taking forever to clear. all frontline vills had stacks to the high heavens - the biggest accomplishment of ~S~ against Apoc. But once we paradropped behind enemy lines into K36, they didnt react fast enough.

DeletedUser

I'm going to say that Apoc didn't ruin the world. Family tribes are the perfect solution in theory. However they are hated. So, Apoc has given y'all something to hate and destroy. Although saying that, I think the world would be better with several more super powers.

Considering there is hardly anyone left that isn't Apoc.. after their main enemy that they were fighting all went barb.. there was no one left to fight and so Apoc turned on one of its allies. I wouldn't say they ruined the world.. it was becoming incredibly boring and in that regard maybe they did.. however now w18 has become 1000x more fun and while many more people were seriously considering quitting, that wont be happening now. Thanks Apoc. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser67005

If tribes like LEGION and xGoCx were still around, things would be far more interesting. Of course, they arent here, they cant come back, so there is really almost no hope left on W18. Apoc didnt ruin the world, they provided a solid enemy force...

DeletedUser

Considering there is hardly anyone left that isn't Apoc.. after their main enemy that they were fighting all went barb.. there was no one left to fight and so Apoc turned on one of its allies. I wouldn't say they ruined the world.. it was becoming incredibly boring and in that regard maybe they did.. however now w18 has become 1000x more fun and while many more people were seriously considering quitting, that wont be happening now. Thanks Apoc. :icon_biggrin:

Can't argue with this. Although I think we have you to thank Rattle. Much obliged.

DeletedUser88101

The core:
G.Khan and LEGION could have been as good as everyone said they were.
Blade! could have been not been a bunch of inactives.-MM- could have broke the NAP (more blatantly) by supporting LEGION more (or engaging TWA outright)
Supporing legion was step one.
Second part was to let -MM- members noble Legion and Blade inactives to jump closer and engage TWA. There was even talk about just nobling Blade up as a whole lol

However when step one was just completed, intel was recieved about Agression going to attack. The plan for TWA was aborted and all troops where starting to ship North instead of west.

-MM- allready realised the potential of Apoc then and wanted to attack them while legion still stood a chance. Unfortunatly not all tribes came to that realisation fast enough.

DeletedUser

The following has nothing to do with my tribal loyalties:

I'm going to say that Apoc did ruin the world.

The problem was that there was the formation of the UA, which was pretty much the same thing as mass recruiting people but only this time it was tribes, any tribe who was a super power probably got the invite, Apoc is pretty much the name chosen that meant there was no longer going to be any more tribe recruiting. This whole move made it so one half of the world pretty much skipped expanding west. As well from what I've experienced when I was in apoc...twice, is that they will use diplomacy to their advantage, such as merging with a tribe...then kicking all the ones they didn't actually want and declaring them refugees to another tribe, leaving a disorganized, abandoned tribe to the vultures, while standing on the sidelines sipping tea for all I know. Thus "removing" the allied tribe, since the ally was "hindering" their expansion. It pretty much puts the knife directly in the back...

In response to Truscott:
Originally Posted by truscott6
Although saying that, I think the world would be better with several more super powers.
As for more super powers, those super powers wanted to fight. That involved fighting each other, not forming a rival family of tribes to fight the first family of tribes, so thus everything boiling down to one super tribe vs another. Whats the point of making multiple super powers when one family wants there to be only two super tribes against each other, making the endgame stage come quickly.

I know that each persons dealing with apoc are different, some found it enjoyable, others like me ended up getting completely screwed in most situations early-mid world by the local tyrant that was set up under the TWA/APOC banner. I mean at least I made a good enough impression on them to be given an account after getting back stabbed. If I had never had any dealing with apoc, I would have been on the losing side, but I think I would have had more fun there.

DeletedUser

The problem was that there was the formation of the UA, which was pretty much the same thing as mass recruiting people but only this time it was tribes, any tribe who was a super power probably got the invite, Apoc is pretty much the name chosen that meant there was no longer going to be any more tribe recruiting.

Check out the map thread. At the time of the formation of the UA there were 3 tribes/tribe families that were regarded as "super powers": MM, The Elite Brotherhood & TWA.

I may be wrong (I wasn't one of the UA council at that time) but I would guess that the other superpowers didn't get an invitation.

DeletedUser53573

Check out the map thread. At the time of the formation of the UA there were 3 tribes/tribe families that were regarded as "super powers": MM, The Elite Brotherhood & TWA.

I may be wrong (I wasn't one of the UA council at that time) but I would guess that the other superpowers didn't get an invitation.

Just everyone else:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Not sure if anyone remember me, but here's what i got out of what I remember I stopped because of RL and when -INF- and -MM- merged.

In and around Legion, -MM- Blade (K) B.o.B Wargod Agression CHKHAWK everything kept changing and altering so much that no body really got the tribe aspect besides -MM- of course. I helped lead (K) and Brother Knight Avenged and LoS and Legion TF for a while and yes there were good players in all of them but very few were loyal players because they don't mind moving because they have already done it so much. While near TWA and BA and Apoc that was all pretty organized and it focused mainly on tribe until FEAR and TF war. People had been certain with FEAR and TF attacking it would weaken them. Thats why the Apoc tribal power helped and they learned to fight. And Fear and TF crumbled because of disorganization. While we were all trying to figure out what we should do they began pushing into the nearly dead TWA-NorthVik which either gave them a good stronghold or got us inactives. At the same time we were trying to organize If we should noble Legion Merge INF and -MM-. Of course after nobling Blade the villages didn't have much extra strength. So Apoc slowly pushed took there time sent support from the mass's back home. From K75 i was on the front line and even though i got banned and lost 500k of stuff at the time I can't say that the attacks were to great. As soon as Apoc got the members familar with a good offense the rest of us tribes were finally figuring out what to do. That's when INF and -MM- merged. And that's about when i left because of a summer trip. But from what i can assume as soon as they learned a good offense they were off and in conclusion I think that Apoc yes played a lot of tribal hugs though it was sneaky. And us in and around K55 K65 K75 shouldn't have panicked and ended up making their job easier in the process.

Haven't been around here for a good 7 months but its just a thought on my part.