W28 Discussions!

DeletedUser

Ok there has been quite some ongoing talk about being inactive (this has been dealt with when PWO owned priest or whatever).

But now i was wondering of what you think of 2 things.

1. The difference between survival in the Core and Rim

2. That top 20 players on w28 have one of the highest player noblings percentage (almost each) and have not even hit a world war yet.
From worlds that i have been on or kept on and abit extra research from myself.

Now let me start.

Diference in Core and rim.

I have always played core, even when i was a newbie. The only time i played rim was when i asked a friend to noble me out (i was supposidely quiting) and then came back on the rim.

Core requires Skill and agressiveness to survive in my opinion. why?
Many good players join a world at the start for the amusement of fighting quick and neutralising enemies quickly. So you need to know what to do ...
I would say the average of good players to noobs in the core is 1:2

WHich means that in your 20x20 there may be good competition.

now as for RIm based, the ratio fo good players to noob decreases drasticly to maybe 1:200. Now this is a perfect opinion to teach newbie players, but it is EASY to survive.

all the oponents around you either dont build troops (pointwhore) or build mixed villies. and when i started on the rim i had one major problem at the start, i farmed everyone so hard that most of my 50x50 went barb. Meaning nobling enemies and custering was going to be hard. SO i let the noobs in to regrow the vills as i took their big juicy ones and set myself up :)

That shows that it is easy. Now its also luck that you dont get positioned near a good player who maybe wants to take a rim tribe and make it good or play for fun and become big, but that is a 0.5% chance of being near a good player rather than a 50% chance of being near a good payer in the core.

Your survival chances just increased by 100 times on the rim than in the core :icon_wink::lol:

DeletedUser

Ok there has been quite some ongoing talk about being inactive (this has been dealt with when PWO owned priest or whatever).

To be honest I dont think you can say that PWO owned him. Yes they proved that twstats doesn't necessarily prove that every player who looks inactive is inactive but One Shoe Preist was still fairly correct when stating that there are a fair portion of PWO who are inactive. (Roughly 25%)

I have just glanced through their stats and yes, some of the people who looked inactive grew in 100k in points (e.g. Gam) proved they are not inactive but there are still 9 players there who have not grown (or have only grown 100 - 300 points per day - Im guessing those accounts have a sitter that can be bothered to keep building the villages).

DeletedUser62440

I agree with this at the start of the world but by the end a lot (not all) of the noobs are gone. By this stage in the world, most of the players left who have a decent number of points don't have mixed villages and know how to fight

DeletedUser

Well I am pretty much a newbie other then this world, I know CC is completely right about the start at the rim I did play there a month untill getting bored on another world.

I just put questionmarks on the level of skills. no mixed villages is something I am inclined to agree with at least I would be suprised to still see them around.

But knowing how to fight is a different thing that I don't see needed, if your in the right tribe only fighting people much smaller it doesn't take a lot of skill to just keep sending nukes and nobles. If your tribe choses to merge and mainly noble internally then its even more easy to survive

But in the core you mostly need activety and skills the first month(s), after that initial test of skills you can easely give an acount to a lesser player and he would grow just fine in the right tribe. So I'm not going to boost that the core is so much better as the rim

I am just stating that people who claim people that play in this stage of the game are all skilled and cool are wrong

DeletedUser

but come on the newcomers wont get in any respectable tribes....

and the 1 : 200 thing a lot of us have nobled alot of the noobs out already

DeletedUser60182

To be honest I dont think you can say that PWO owned him. Yes they proved that twstats doesn't necessarily prove that every player who looks inactive is inactive but One Shoe Preist was still fairly correct when stating that there are a fair portion of PWO who are inactive. (Roughly 25%)

I have just glanced through their stats and yes, some of the people who looked inactive grew in 100k in points (e.g. Gam) proved they are not inactive but there are still 9 players there who have not grown (or have only grown 100 - 300 points per day - Im guessing those accounts have a sitter that can be bothered to keep building the villages).

Not all players are taking offensive action against PETA/Farm-U specifically. There are still a few tribes that are being removed from within the 42/32 area I believe.

DeletedUser

oh yeah the worst noobs are gone by now, and new noobs are not surviving.. But you can't argue with lower average needed to grow on the rim, the new influx of noobs there is a reason for that

Where core tribes iether have inactives or oponents that were winners of the cleaning up.

If it wasn't for people quiting and going inactive I would expect the highest skills in the core and then slowly the average skill going down toward the rim.

If you have 10 skilled people in the core your one of many and have to fight much battles risking to die.

if you got 10 skilled people in a rim k you need to fight none or at most 1 real oponent to get controll over it (in w26 I fought with 20 member tribe against a 250 member family and it was very unfair as they were completely chanceless)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

also lets see if sith can keep the average points per player in 3

DeletedUser

but come on the newcomers wont get in any respectable tribes....

and the 1 : 200 thing a lot of us have nobled alot of the noobs out already

they just restart.
The reason this world hasnt closed is for one reason, the number of vills hasnt exceeded the limit to close the world (ie hasnt reached the K limits to close)

We still need 1K all around to close, but i think this world will close not because of that but because new players have no chance of reaching top 100 or so. and that the superpowers have emerged in this world and now the clock is ticking

I agree with this at the start of the world but by the end a lot (not all) of the noobs are gone. By this stage in the world, most of the players left who have a decent number of points don't have mixed villages and know how to fight

that is not totally true. using w15 as another world (as that is a world that has gone through many changes). Big families can protect noobs because the good ones go to the frontlines ... while the noobs stay on the rim, grow on barbs and inactives and sometimes send tons of nukes just to get 1 village, why because they are noobs and dont know efficeicy ... (not saying that that is a noobish way, just saying what they usually do)

and from there they grow protected until the family begins to fall and the noobs get owned :D

+ i have seen that many many times on worlds before too

100-300 points a day is a player that is building up his vills and probably their troop counts too. Now you can say ODA didnt go up, but maybe ODD as they support other tribe members ;)

+ dont forget not all sitters are bothered to actually build up the vills of another account. They just log in, check any incommings, maybe recruit and send troops to where needed and leave!

DeletedUser

also lets see if sith can keep the average points per player in 3

what i dont get is what does the average points have to do with it. If you look at our family you can see that if we replaced Sith's small guys with Sith! biggest guys, we can go up a few million. But we dont do it, why, because we care about skill level in both tribes. Its not about points, its if you can or cannot win a war as a co-ordinated family :icon_wink:

a good family doesnt put all good players in one tribe and leave the leftovers to try and do what they can to grow and become good with barely any several contacts with many good players :)

DeletedUser

W28 "population" is decreasing and it shouldn't. It should be growing since the world hasn't closed yet.

I haven't seen this happening in any other world I've played. This world can be considered "new" and still it has lots of people leaving the game.

DeletedUser

W28 "population" is decreasing and it shouldn't. It should be growing since the world hasn't closed yet.

I haven't seen this happening in any other world I've played. This world can be considered "new" and still it has lots of people leaving the game.

because they see no chance in winning against the top players/tribes/superpowers

The main reason people join is to be the best, if they are rank 30k and rank 1 has a 10 month advantage, no chance they will catch up so delete or dont log in for 2 weeks :)

Hoping the world closes quite fast, once this is over my time on tw is over as im not bothered playing anymore :lol:

DeletedUser64451

We have two sat accounts right now, both players have quit we're just waiting for a nice quiet time to consume them...so 38/40 are "actively" playing their own accounts, every day. Some of our players are under attack from RAGE!, which is slowing down their growth. Some of our players just had a birthday (happy birthday BA!) and as such probably won't be sober enough for a week to noble anything. Like it has been posted before in other threads, since we don't noble barbs and inactives very much, the players we have who are deep in our territory have a long way to go to hit any enemies...so when we prepare for an op we give ourselves 8-10 days...which makes it look like we're not very active for a while, and then whammo.

Yes, we have some quitters. Yes, we have a couple who don't do much. Yes, we have some real life situations causing a temporary setback for a couple of members. That makes up about 6 of us. The rest of us are always here, always ready, patiently waiting to unload on whoever our next unfortunate target might be.

If we were 25% inactive, we'd be losing villages somewhere, with all the enemies we have. That just isn't happening.

DeletedUser

crazy, like wise we could also rise a few mill, i was just saying lets see if your SITH not SITH! could keep the same rank with as many people ( ie best way to do it it is avg points imo as either could just sitch a player to rise a rank) not really in a competitive way just a lets see what happens way

lol no wander i didnt take english up at a level

DeletedUser

crazy, like wise we could also rise a few mill, i was just saying lets see if your SITH not SITH! could keep the same rank with as many people ( ie best way to do it it is avg points imo as either could just sitch a player to rise a rank) not really in a competitive way just a lets see what happens way

lol no wander i didnt take english up at a level

hehe ok cool! well only time will tell tbh. and all tribes have their plans to rise ranks .... :) ;)

EDIT: the main bit is that Sith has constantly been at war since the start of the world, i say 75% of them being on this world they have been at war and yet still manage to hold a rank 3 ;)

Ie: first the tribe red, then whoever was in K55, then Apox fam and now F-U, not many tribes have achieved that on this world :)

Not trying to make Sith look great compared to others ... just pointing out that if they slip a rank doesnt mean its the end of the world ... because they are occupied at going in other ranks (eg: ODA, ODD, ODT :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We have two sat accounts right now, both players have quit we're just waiting for a nice quiet time to consume them...so 38/40 are "actively" playing their own accounts, every day. Some of our players are under attack from RAGE!, which is slowing down their growth. Some of our players just had a birthday (happy birthday BA!) and as such probably won't be sober enough for a week to noble anything. Like it has been posted before in other threads, since we don't noble barbs and inactives very much, the players we have who are deep in our territory have a long way to go to hit any enemies...so when we prepare for an op we give ourselves 8-10 days...which makes it look like we're not very active for a while, and then whammo.

Yes, we have some quitters. Yes, we have a couple who don't do much. Yes, we have some real life situations causing a temporary setback for a couple of members. That makes up about 6 of us. The rest of us are always here, always ready, patiently waiting to unload on whoever our next unfortunate target might be.

If we were 25% inactive, we'd be losing villages somewhere, with all the enemies we have. That just isn't happening.

You must have missed my post where i made a few people look kinda......well you kno. Here is the link again.

http://twinspect.net/twinspect.php?srv_lang=English&name=bubbledrunk&srv_world=94&ally=on