W42 Newspaper

DeletedUser

Cleaned up a bit. Sticky for now - keep it on-topic, and up to date, and it shall stay that way :)

nice work.

olympus

Cleaned up a bit. Sticky for now - keep it on-topic, and up to date, and it shall stay that way :)

nice work.

Doesnt making this a sticky defy the whole point of threads moving down the less active they are?

This is an interesting read, and comments will keep being posted, but once they stop and/or the new issue is released, this one will drop down until its no longer on the first page and thus read by anyone.

Making this a sticky makes no sense, unless you plan to sticky every newspaper forever.

I'm guessing your plan is to unsticky once the new issue comes out and then sticky that one? But if people are reading and commenting anyway, you wouldnt need to sticky it.

Does that make sense? o.0

darkaniken2

Doesnt making this a sticky defy the whole point of threads moving down the less active they are?

This is an interesting read, and comments will keep being posted, but once they stop and/or the new issue is released, this one will drop down until its no longer on the first page and thus read by anyone.

Making this a sticky makes no sense, unless you plan to sticky every newspaper forever.

I'm guessing your plan is to unsticky once the new issue comes out and then sticky that one? But if people are reading and commenting anyway, you wouldnt need to sticky it.

Does that make sense? o.0
You nub. When the new issue comes out, the old one is put in a dated spoiler and the new one put in it's place.

DeletedUser71925

Absolutley brilliant! :)

Next issue, could we have something about the top 10-20?

Or does no-one care? :p

(I do :icon_sad:)

I was thinking it would be good if Orion could interview you. also maybe talk to leaders of _IS_ and TBS. hmmm. possibly even IDS or STACHE. You know, people around 10-15.

hope the next issue doesn't take as long to post up as this one did (6 weeks).

orionlukas

I was thinking it would be good if Orion could interview you...

What... the...? :icon_eek:

Can you read minds? Hmmm... maybe it is an obvious choice... Yes, we had a "downfall event" based interviews this edition (around Manic), so maybe "new beginnings" theme would be more in order for the next...

Of course unless something big comes up, like... I don't know... "The collapse of WOH" for example, (just of the top of my head)... which would make Tiger, Sailor or Arte a hot interview subject (no offense to Pint crew).

Depends which one of the WOH bunch would be willing to talk and finally come clean, tell all and seek public forgiveness. :icon_biggrin:

Don't worry (to whomever comes forward)... forgiveness will be yours, just find humility to ask. :icon_biggrin:

Of course, I wouldn't be able to be the one that does such an interview for obvious reasons as I am involved in the whole thing. Prob one of the other guys.

We'll see how Pint performs... :) (or if they stumble somewhere ingloriously :icon_biggrin:) it seems tribes are liable to collapse within a day or two in this game. Let's see how they do and if something else breaks.

Two weeks in this game is 10 years. A lot can happen to put someone in the spotlight (they like or not). :icon_biggrin:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

What... the...? :icon_eek:

Can you read minds? Hmmm... maybe it is an obvious choice... Yes, we had a "downfall event" based interviews this edition (around Manic), so maybe "new beginnings" theme would be more in order for the next...

Of course unless something big comes up, like... I don't know... "The collapse of WOH" for example, (just of the top of my head)... which would make Tiger, Sailor or Arte a hot interview subject (no offense to Pint crew).

Depends which one of the WOH bunch would be willing to talk and finally come clean, tell all and seek public forgiveness. :icon_biggrin:

Don't worry (to whomever comes forward)... forgiveness will be yours, just find humility to ask. :icon_biggrin:

Of course, I wouldn't be able to be the one that does such an interview for obvious reasons as I am involved in the whole thing. Prob one of the other guys.

We'll see how Pint performs... :) (or if they stumble somewhere ingloriously :icon_biggrin:) it seems tribes are liable to collapse within a day or two in this game. Let's how they do and if something else breaks.

Two weeks in this game is 10 years. A lot can happen to put someone in the spotlight (they like or not). :icon_biggrin:

It seems dear Orion you will have to find another hot story because we don't have any intention to colapse even few are working hard to this. :icon_wink: Also, none of the ones specified by you - Arte, Tiger, Ven or me will look about what you dream for. We will just try to figure our mistakes and we will start again.

BTW - if you want to try the reporter/analyst career, never use a single kind of source... You will remain ever not more than a "nice and talented" voice comparing with the real "opera" singers. And this is just an advice without any hidden weird intentions. :)

trevben1

Just read this issue. Enjoyed it :)

Only thing I'd change is the interviews. Possibly just mailing a series of questions allowing the interviewee to make more concise and colorful PnP style responses would be a better read.

DeletedUser

VERY GOOD :) should have a ' random tribe of the week' ( well 2 weekly ) slot

DeletedUser

Fortnightly :)

cheers :p

what i mean by that is it could be within the top say, 30 , where theres just a segment/ interview from them, there leaders etc, just to include everyone, not just the top 10

DeletedUser

Welcome to the 2nd issue of the W42 newspaper, released every two weeks.
We currently have a couple of new sections in addition to the topics you saw last issue. We hope you enjoy reading this as much as the paper team did writing it.
As always, suggestions and improvements are always welcome and we are alwyas looking for new members to join the team.
-Enjoy
Note: All issues will be placed onto the first post of the thread. Old issues will be placed into a spoiler, also on the front page with the dates of the release date on top.

Interviews
[spoil] Currently, we are in need of an interviewer. If you would like to apply you can message me via forum mail or skype me at mattmattmd [/spoil]

Graphs
[spoil][spoil]These graphs show two perspectives on ODA. The first shows the ratio of ODA to point, which is the total ODA divided by the total points. This shows relatively how aggressive each tribe is, though it is not entirely accurate. The second graph shows the ODA increase from the last issue. This show how much attacking a tribe has done in the last two weeks. It too, however, is inaccurate because of of inactives also needing to be cleared out for in-tribe nobles.

Next week we should be able to feature a line graph of ODA growth.[/spoil]

ODA Increase

[spoil]
TWODAGROWTH.jpg
[/spoil]

ODA/Point Ratio
[spoil]
TWODA2.jpg
[/spoil][/spoil]

Sig Of The Issue
King Shrek
[spoil]
kingshreksig4.jpg
[/spoil]

COA Of The Issue
OM
[spoil]
user_image.php
[/spoil]

W42 Top Ten Tribal Map

[spoil]
mapforw42week1a.jpg
[/spoil]

War Stats

[spoil]
GangBang on TOP

[spoil][spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: Bio!
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: TOP
Players:

Timeframe: Last Week

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 0
Side 2: 0
Difference: 0

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

image.php
[/spoil]

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes: -AOK-
Players:

Side 2:
Players:

Timeframe: Last week

Side 1: 64
Side 2: 3
Difference: 61

image.php

Side 1: 585,617
Side 2: 28,270
Difference: 557,347

image.php

[/spoil]

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes: ModWar
Players:

Side 2:
Players:

Side 1: 3
Side 2: 4
Difference: 1

image.php

Side 1: 24,046
Side 2: 37,785
Difference: 13,739

image.php

[/spoil]

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes: Wick3d
Players:

Side 2:
Players:

Side 1: 36
Side 2: 12
Difference: 24

image.php

Side 1: 313,467
Side 2: 109,515
Difference: 203,952

image.php

[/spoil] [/spoil]

Wick3d Vs Nyuk

[spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: Wick3d
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: Nyuk
Players:

image.php

image.php

[/spoil]

Stache's 2 Vs 1

[spoil][spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: Pint
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: STACHE
Players:

Side 1: 26
Difference: 26

image.php

Side 1: 232,758
Difference: 232,758

image.php

[/spoil]

[spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: IDS
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: STACHE
Players:

Side 1: 76
Side 2: 4
Difference: 72

image.php

Side 1: 660,034
Side 2: 33,566
Difference: 626,468

image.php
[/spoil] [/spoil]

W.O.H Vs Naked
[spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: W.O.H
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: NAKED
Players:

Side 1: 16
Side 2: 16

image.php

Side 1: 143,212
Side 2: 146,217
Difference: 3,005

image.php

[/spoil]

Naked Vs TKWSN

[spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: NAKED
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: TKWSN
Players:

Side 1: 20
Side 2: 63
Difference: 43

image.php

Side 1: 148,076
Side 2: 478,739
Difference: 330,663

image.php
[/spoil]

W.O.H Vs DODO

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes: W.O.H
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: DODO
Players:

Side 1: 12
Side 2: 5
Difference: 7

image.php

Side 1: 103,825
Side 2: 39,135
Difference: 64,690

image.php

[/spoil][/spoil]

Quote(s) Of The Issue
[spoil]
They started the massacre, not the war.
TBS were at war for a long time way before bio joined in, the experienced players from KHAN, left and formed TBS, as khan was falling apart
[/spoil]

[spoil][1:47:47 PM] Caren: thanks chuck
[1:48:26 PM] Sarg: lol....it's Bill
[1:48:40 PM] Caren: thanks bill :)
[1:49:45 PM] Sarg: well at least i wasn't sleeping with you...lmao[/spoil]

Few News In Brief Around W42

[spoil]

1/ FOREVER WAR, FOREVER WAITING

This photo of Guido28, the most attacked warrior of W42 in a rare moment of silence has been taken by on location by our reporter. Only half an hour latter, TOP bombardment will resume.

[spoil]
guido28.jpg
[/spoil]

Guido28:
“What can I tell you… I can only wait and wait, until my guys finally arrive and we can put up a better fight. All this damn waiting is driving me nuts. Once they arrive I hope I’ll be given a proper uniform and badges.”

2/ IT IS OK TO ASK FOR HELP

Recently, a photo of Dodo’s High Contrast has leaked on the internet by an unknown source, showing him after attending famous TV psychiatrist Dr. Phil’s clinic at an undisclosed location.

[spoil]
highcontrast2.jpg
[/spoil]

High Contrast:
“First of all, I suspect somebody from TGH for leaking this after unsuccessfully launching at DODO few weeks back. Secondly, yes that is indeed me. It was a difficult period in my life and I suffered identity crisis together with abandonment issues.

But that is all behind me now as I worked through those demons with the good doctor and I am ready to go back into the trenches and man my machine gun as always.

And one last thing, there is nothing to be ashamed of in asking for help. It is ok to do it, that’s all I have to say about this.”

3/ W.O.H vs MATRIX

With Matrix making the first moves against W.O.H in K65, Eye of the Tiger has been snapped countering one of the attacks.

[spoil]
agenttiger.jpg
[/spoil]

Eye of the Tiger (aka Leadr):
“Punks! There were like three or four of them, all wearing those leather trench coats. Not sure about the others, but I definitely shot one of them… hopefully it’s gonna be a fatal wound.

Usually I don’t come around here in K65 often, but I had an important meeting with 50 Calibre. Once I go back home to K76, I trust 50 will know how to deal with Matrix himself. But hey… always glad to help.
No further comments, thank you.”

4/ ONION

King Shrek, rebutted recent negative perceptions of PINT, the tribe being painted as if run by an ogre.

King Shrek:
“You see… when you rise to the top 20 as fast as PINT did, of course you gonna have evil tongues working overtime. Yes, we are aware of STACHE hiring several PR firms to pump all this negative stuff about us, but we will not get dragged into it.

Our record will speak louder than any of their word, that’s all I have to say to them. Think of PINT like an onion; it has layers, many different layers, and that’s what makes us stronger than most.

Hmm… before you go back to your newsroom, fancy a pint?”

[spoil]
kingshrek.jpg
[/spoil]

5/ CORE BURNING

As BIO!, AOK, Mod War and Wick3d push deeper towards and into K55, the continent is veiled more and more with dark burning clouds. Rajawali Jaya wows to fight till the end.

This photo was taken by one of our reporters embedded with Wick3d. TOP village burns as busted TOP armoured personnel carrier lays abandoned nearby and Wick3d troops are about to do the final clearing.

[FONT=&quot][spoil]
topapc.jpg
[/spoil][/FONT]

6/ NEWSPAPER STAFFER NEARLY BURNS HIS PLACE OF RESIDENCE

Here in the newsroom we don’t intend to be in the news ourselves, but there are exceptions.

Here we are, having a routine editorial meeting, discussing things to go into the newest edition, when all of sudden, five lines into the Skype chat, Dark jumps in panic:

[spoil]
[7:53:30 AM] Orion Lukas: Yeah, but taking a stab at somebody new in comparison at someone with established reputation...
[7:53:47 AM] Orion Lukas: could be looked upon negatively.
[7:54:07 AM] Orion Lukas: Crimi's quote is better in that regard.
[7:54:08 AM] Darkaniken2: FECK
[7:54:09 AM] Darkaniken2: Brb
[7:54:16 AM] Dozzler: true
[7:54:16 AM] Orion Lukas: But that is just my opinion.
[7:54:54 AM] Orion Lukas: Dark, is your house on fire all of a sudden?
[7:55:07 AM] Orion Lukas: :)
[7:55:25 AM] Darkaniken2: Close
[7:55:30 AM] Orion Lukas: Oh, your other PC crashed?
[7:55:30 AM] Darkaniken2: I left a rag on the stove... :|
[7:55:43 AM] Orion Lukas: You gotta be f.....g kidding me!
[7:55:50 AM] Orion Lukas: You serious?
[7:55:54 AM] Matt ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶: Stove? Lol
[7:56:17 AM] Dozzler: rofl dark
[7:56:19 AM] Dozzler: xD
[7:56:55 AM] King Smaff: hahah
[7:56:57 AM] Orion Lukas: He's probably trying to put out the smoking rag.
[7:57:00 AM] King Smaff: stove, you live in alabama?
[7:57:06 AM] Matt ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶:lol. But Dark, btw If you die I'm not going to be pleased I need you paper submition. Then you can die
[7:57:22 AM] Orion Lukas: hahaha
[7:57:22 AM] Darkaniken2: I'm good. Threw the rag in the sink. :D
[7:57:26 AM] Orion Lukas: (rofl)
[7:57:32 AM] Matt ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶: lol
[7:57:39 AM] Orion Lukas: Have you openned the window?
[7:57:49 AM] Darkaniken2: Both doors and 3 windows. :D
[7:57:50 AM] Orion Lukas: You know... for the smoke to go out?
[7:58:07 AM] Orion Lukas: Hahaha[/spoil]

[spoil]
darkonfire.jpg
[/spoil]
[/spoil]

-W42 Newspaper team.
Orion Lukas, Dozzler, Darkaniken2, I Less Than 3 You.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser71572

FIRST POST!

Edit: Sig of the issue :)

Nice post matt, I haz layers

Last edited:

DeletedUser

nice good issue. i would have liked to see another interview though but i guess its cause you didnt have someone to do the interview.