W47 Maps

DeletedUser

Early war against MAD would likely destroy them. If they are given a chance to turn their string into a wider cluster, they will be in a very good position.

DeletedUser

w47-South-14-03-10.gif

Pretty sure Skittl's in the south.. :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

[spoil]
w47-South-14-03-10.gif
[/spoil]

What do the different blobs represent?

Some have 1-2 spikes on top and bottom, others have 1-2 spikes on the side. Is this representative of anything, OD, Points etc? Or as it seems, random.

Im just thinking I have seen some maps in the past where the high of the blob represents points, and the width represents ODA. Speaking of those, anyone fancy doing one of those? Top 20 tribes? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rizzler

Some have 1-2 spikes on top and bottom, others have 1-2 spikes on the side. Is this representative of anything, OD, Points etc? Or as it seems, random.

Im just thinking I have seen some maps in the past where the high of the blob represents points, and the width represents ODA. Speaking of those, anyone fancy doing one of those? Top 20 tribes? :)

I think the blobs represent villages :p

Nah, I don't think it represents anything, probably just like a style.

DeletedUser

I don't think it represents anything out of ordinary. Those differences appear when you use the "expand" and "smooth" functions on Photoshop. If you look at my map: No circle is the same. Some are more oval than others etc. It's just a side effect I guess.

DeletedUser

Gimp circles are always identical... :icon_cool: I guess we all know what that means... Gimp > PS!

DeletedUser

I think the blobs represent villages :p

Well thank you :lol:

I don't think it represents anything out of ordinary. Those differences appear when you use the "expand" and "smooth" functions on Photoshop. If you look at my map: No circle is the same. Some are more oval than others etc. It's just a side effect I guess.

Thanks for that. I have never tried Photoshop or any kind of map making, so havent experienced those glitches.

But my question still remains, can someone make a map with Points and ODA represented in blob size? :)

DeletedUser

I'm surprised you included Empire, my tribe in there. We aren't all that big.

DeletedUser

Well thank you :lol:

Thanks for that. I have never tried Photoshop or any kind of map making, so havent experienced those glitches.

But my question still remains, can someone make a map with Points and ODA represented in blob size? :)

My answer having not attempted it would be no, though perhaps using TWmaps something could be figured out. Alas, that'll be taking a lot of work. I might mess with some stuff this weekend. At present I am doing schoolwork. Will see about playing about with it later.

The only problem I foresee is getting the different sizes/ODs as different colors (which is an important part of making a map). If you can get them properly setup, then it would be no different htan making a regular map. The key would be not doing it all completely by hand. That would not be fun.

A humble player

My answer having not attempted it would be no, though perhaps using TWmaps something could be figured out. Alas, that'll be taking a lot of work. I might mess with some stuff this weekend. At present I am doing schoolwork. Will see about playing about with it later.

The only problem I foresee is getting the different sizes/ODs as different colors (which is an important part of making a map). If you can get them properly setup, then it would be no different htan making a regular map. The key would be not doing it all completely by hand. That would not be fun.

Some editing/advancement to the auto-updating map programming would do it fairly easily from my limiting programming knowledge. It would eb hard to first to, but easy afterwards.

DeletedUser

I mean a map like this
en190417gt5.png

Map made by 4leaf for use in the W19 forums

It would appear 4leaf is needed!

DeletedUser

I find that map fail big time.

I dont suppose you would actually care to explain why? :icon_rolleyes:

How does one read it? :|

Its pretty simple. The wider a blob, the higher the ODA they have. The taller a blob, the higher points. From the map I have commented you can tell VIRAL are agressive and have high ranked players while TK are very aggressive for their points.

I find it really easy to get a read on general player agression and points using this type of map. Evidently thats only me. :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

What that kid said... :icon_redface: How does one read it? :|

Your gonna get it:icon_evil::icon_twisted:

I dont suppose you would actually care to explain why? :icon_rolleyes:

Its pretty simple. The wider a blob, the higher the ODA they have. The taller a blob, the higher points. From the map I have commented you can tell VIRAL are agressive and have high ranked players while TK are very aggressive for their points.

I find it really easy to get a read on general player agression and points using this type of map. Evidently thats only me. :icon_cry:

It fails. Creative, but fail. D:

Piece of Cake

I actually find it a pretty awesome map. Though I have no idea how to make it.

DeletedUser

For tribes of the South I am surprised you skipped VEX and Skittl

Didn't add Skittl because the map was mainly for tribes in south-west :) Forgot about VEX, might make a new map tomorrow with the whole world :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator: