W51 Blog

DeletedUser95593

I do. I believe in you armstrong! Don't forget a top 10 analysis, i didn't make it there for there to be no analysing of me!

DeletedUser

Like I said, the current CoC is outdated and is being worked on.

I'd like to stick this out into the open, although it'd probably be easier to ask this in IM's.

If the current CoC (the one that is on forums and only version available to members of the community) is "outdated", would it not be considered logical that whatever infractions said blogger/s have concluded in the time that the previous (current) CoC was active would be the guidelines of the blogger? I'm trying to point out, that if there's a new CoC being worked on, the old one stands ground until the new one is released, or so it should be regardless of what it is about.
It's the same general idea with laws and rules, you can't point at parliament and say "They're talking about that law" and insist you'll get a free pass, and neither is it with rules - just ask around, there are punishments for breaking the rules, even though the rules are being worked on.

What I'm trying to say is; Publish the CoC now and then you can back up what you're trying to say, thus every comment after the release is void, or don't release it as it's obviously still being worked on and accept the simple truth. You have the guidelines up, everyone in the community agrees upon them when creating the account and thus the community managers also do. You can't say this or that out of hidden forums that aren't for the standard member of the community. :icon_idea:

DeletedUser

I'm guessing updated the CoC is harder than it sounds and it probably has to be accepted by lots of different people.
Well the Head Bloggers all have an input on it. Since we come from varying time zones and have our own personal lives, it sometimes hard to get in contact with certain ones with a time that works for both.

And it is harder than it sounds, and what one would normally think. It has to be carefully worded to mean exactly what we want to say and nothing else. The only way I can really put this into perspective is looking at something like the American Constitution. The First Amendment gives people freedom of speech, but we all know you can't run into a crowded theater and shout "Fire!" That second part isn't explicitly written in the Constitution, and people have tried to use it as a loophole in the past. So with ours, we have to word it so that things can't be taken out of context and turned around to fit someone's personal agenda.

I'd like to stick this out into the open, although it'd probably be easier to ask this in IM's.

If the current CoC (the one that is on forums and only version available to members of the community) is "outdated", would it not be considered logical that whatever infractions said blogger/s have concluded in the time that the previous (current) CoC was active would be the guidelines of the blogger? I'm trying to point out, that if there's a new CoC being worked on, the old one stands ground until the new one is released, or so it should be regardless of what it is about.
It's the same general idea with laws and rules, you can't point at parliament and say "They're talking about that law" and insist you'll get a free pass, and neither is it with rules - just ask around, there are punishments for breaking the rules, even though the rules are being worked on.
Normally yes except that we've already announced the changes to the rest of the bloggers, but again this goes back to what I said above. The bloggers know and understand the rules, but we have to finished writing the CoC in a way that is straight forward and clear to all without leaving any grey areas.

What I'm trying to say is; Publish the CoC now and then you can back up what you're trying to say, thus every comment after the release is void, or don't release it as it's obviously still being worked on and accept the simple truth. You have the guidelines up, everyone in the community agrees upon them when creating the account and thus the community managers also do. You can't say this or that out of hidden forums that aren't for the standard member of the community. :icon_idea:
The CoC isn't ready. What would be the point of publishing a half finished piece of work? I'm telling you what the blogger policies are since they aren't posted yet. What point would I have to lie to you? I'd lose my job as a head blogger if I was openly misleading the general public.

And I've still yet to have anyone message me personally talking about the blogging position. So if you're suggesting that I should hold armstrong to the old CoC and have him fire from his job for not playing on this world, you would be in a worse position. Yes he's not getting them out as quickly as he should and yes he's been talked to about this, but at least he's in the process of writing one when time allows it. If he was fired you'd still have no blog and no one working on one.

DeletedUser

Just got to finish homework then I can finish it off. If worst comes to worst and my mum moans at me to go to bed, it will be out tomorrow, but I will avoid that as much as I can, if it does happen I will make it worth the wait.

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Just got to finish homework then I can finish it off. If worst comes to worst and my mum moans at me to go to bed, it will be out tomorrow, but I will avoid that as much as I can, if it does happen I will make it worth the wait.

Ok, I'm going to be "that guy" here. :icon_redface:

You know, the immature one. The one you look down on; but:

[spoil]
my mum moans

Yeah she does!:icon_wink:[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Phil, you should write this:

My blog will be done tommorow. If it's not, read this again :icon_wink:.

DeletedUser

My blog will be done tomorrow, if not, read this message again.
;)

DeletedUser96316

Are you sureeee ?

meg%20ryan%20wtf%20face.png

DeletedUser

Phil, you should write this:

My blog will be done tomorrow. If it's not, read this again :icon_wink:.

I'm afraid this may be correct. Homework took longer than expected yesterday so I didn't get much done, and I got home from school at about 7 today so haven't had too much time to work on it, but I will do it as much as I can.