W56 All Star team

DeletedUser

Firstly he wasn't the original Saeldur, Saeldur was the original Saeldur.

Secondly, he sucked. If you'd ever done an op with him you'd know. He was kicked from MoM for multiple counts of moronic behaviour, reinvited because his new co was supposed to keep him in line.. and eventually he quit so the account stayed.

Huhu, my mistake. The original then. :)

DeletedUser84667

Bringing this thread back just reminds me that I made basically no teams :icon_cry:,

DeletedUser101547

would be interesting to hear peoples thoughts on a dream team now and if they've changed very much

DeletedUser

1.) Paolo83 (original)
2.) IWTBA (original)
3.) 2hot
4.) Mclovins2
5.) Mikebiscuit
6.) hughfj08
7.) Angel Styles
8.) bigjay/corrupt
9.) W2V's Leadership :icon_cool:
10.) *stryker* (gibby)
11.) binks-sake
12.) sirkon
13.) spiritdoctor
14.) Fajah
15.) Reksnfx
16.) Dark Huntress
17.) Taylor gang or die (just because of the name) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ahh, the moral highground reserved for quitters. :icon_wink:

I get the point you made, but personally

Quitters > Traitors, by far for me. I'd rather have someone quit then turn and use all the insider information they know to take down their old tribe.

DeletedUser

Choco hasn't told us anything about MoM, so any 'insider information' was used either by himself only (marginal effect), or not at all. Regardless of Choco though, the point about quitters and their high ground is still valid even if Choco was the biggest scumbag on earth.

DeletedUser

Choco hasn't told us anything about MoM, so any 'insider information' was used either by himself only (marginal effect), or not at all. Regardless of Choco though, the point about quitters and their high ground is still valid even if Choco was the biggest scumbag on earth.

I wasn't talking about Choco, just quitters versus traitors in general Rukoh. And yeah, I don't dispute that your point was valid. It was. I was just merely pointing out, that if it came down to it, I'd prefer someone quitting over someone turning coat, in terms of this 'dream team' list. I know I personally wouldn't fall on that list - I did leave Tutti with a few remaining actives in there (about 2/3), and I did leave 2 behind in S-D (but in that case, I didn't go to an enemy); but I'd pick those who had quit over those who turned a still salvagable (at worst) tribe and left them. Not if they left an already dead or tribe or were the only (or one of the only remaining actives), but if they had effectively betrayed a tribe. It was just a side note to raise some discussion. Meh.

It's the high ground thing :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

You can't play with a quitter. You can play with someone who has left his previously dying tribe. Classic case of one-eye being king in the land of the blind. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

You can't play with a quitter. You can play with someone who has left his previously dying tribe. Classic case of one-eye being king in the land of the blind. :icon_wink:

Well, if I had to go and play on, say W62, and I had a choice of who I would prefer to play with, I'd prefer to play with UKC, over Choco, for instance. Both great players, both very skilled, but I'd still pick UKC, even though, statistically speaking, if anything goes bad, based only on past history, he'd be more likely to quit. Obviously, a large part of that decision is personal, but a second, also quite large chunk, is down to the fact that I would rather play with someone who has quit before, rather then someone who I knew was ready to sell out as soon as they thought everything was lost. (Last point is not in reference to Choco's case in particular or just specifically, by the way. Figure I should edit that in before you do your usual thing of taking one bit of my post and taking it out of context. It's just my general view towards those I deem in the "turn coat" category.)

DeletedUser

in the end though, that is the "thing" about a dream team...You do not have to defend why, but you are welcome to tell.

If i was going to make a dream team I would not limit it to one world. I, as many others, have the benefit of experience from a few worlds so If I could make a dream team of my choice, I would pull from all of those experiences.

I however am still looking for a dream world.

My dream world.

speed 2
troops travel speed 1 or less.
No farming
Barbs do not grow
no specialty barbs.
tech levels go to level 3 but you only get 15 spots
paladin yes with artifacts---gives a wild card effect
cheap nobles
morale effect on
sitting the 60-120 day thing
than this is the big one...no co-played accounts. Or getting someone else to play the account if the original player leaves. If someone leaves or quits that account is deleted after the sitting period is over.

I think the last one would add a different perspective and more realistic type of game. I do not think it is going to happen with a slow speed world as this is typically what the speed rounds do.

DeletedUser

Uh, yeah, there's a 'dream world' topic out there somewhere in suggestions, this topic is about dream-teams.

@Gregoun; Fair enough. But if someone's only fault is that he will jump if hope is lost, I'd be inclined to go for the 'traitor'. Many in this game would switch tribes if hope is lost. The 'not-quitting' quality is often more valuable than the 'die-hard' quality, at least to me. Inactivity is any tribe's bane, 'losing hope' is not.

DeletedUser

Uh, yeah, there's a 'dream world' topic out there somewhere in suggestions, this topic is about dream-teams.

@Gregoun; Fair enough. But if someone's only fault is that he will jump if hope is lost, I'd be inclined to go for the 'traitor'. Many in this game would switch tribes if hope is lost. The 'not-quitting' quality is often more valuable than the 'die-hard' quality, at least to me. Inactivity is any tribe's bane, 'losing hope' is not.

Yeah, fair point Rukoh.

Got another interesting point here; would I still make your list for the dream team, with all that has gone on? :icon_neutral: