W62 similarities to businesses in the world

DeletedUser

The moronic tendecies you show make me worry about you, then your saying that just me and elmo don't like you is just stupid, read and go away.

DeletedUser

well have you bothered reading the entire thing like mantaray suggested? you might learn a thing or two, instead of being an ignorant fool. ignorance is not always bliss.

and i didnt just mention you two, i listed a whole bunch of people.

you want me to make another one just cause of you? they're all informational. don't you have a war to attend to?

DeletedUser

Side note apart from this thread: you once again failed to show me any evidence that you are a great tribe player.
you failed to show me any stats whatsoever with the war
you failed to show any links or any inkling or tidbit that you learned from playing tribal wars.
you failed to make a strong arguement against me in this case, but would rather start making accusations similar to flaming, but not enough to bother sending to the mod.
you failed to read the entire post.
you failed to listen to other's suggestions, and instead offer your own.
narrow-minded? Very much so, indeed.

Have I heard a single OUNCE of wisdom or any tribal wars connections apart from the current Org & Panic wars? No. Not one.

DeletedUser

Part 2: How tribes and businesses collapse.

Perspective: From the outside
Wars/competition
Businesses fail because they acknowledge that other larger businesses will always be larger tahn them, and they cannot see any profit in merging. Thus, they realize that what they are doing is no longer profitable (refernece to the movie Inception).

Tribal wars POV: Tribes fail because they are demolished in wars or by being "gangbanged" upon.

Perspective: From the inside

Businesses fail because they have a spy leaking information to their competitors. Perhaps a secret formula like spongebob, Mr. krabs vs. Plankton? Possibly. The kids show does have some connection. A very far-fetched one. Once the recipe, or any information as to how the business operates is leaked, the other company models them and becomes successful as well and may rise to become even more well-known than the original (Charlie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory).

TW POV: Tribe spies leak info on ops and troop counts, causing the other side to be completely unaware of the attacker's intentions. This moment of blindsight causes mass confusion within the tribe, and causes many tribe members to leave.
Also, consider the tribe leader who bails, and everybody bails after him. OR consider the tribe leader who disbands the tribe, knowing that their tribe is no longer in a good position and thus must concede defeat.

Or the far-fetched possibility of natural disaster. This cannot be connected to tribal wars unless you think of it like a TW mega server crash which wont happen.

DeletedUser

Side note apart from this thread: you once again failed to show me any evidence that you are a great tribe player.
you failed to show me any stats whatsoever with the war
you failed to show any links or any inkling or tidbit that you learned from playing tribal wars.
you failed to make a strong arguement against me in this case, but would rather start making accusations similar to flaming, but not enough to bother sending to the mod.
you failed to read the entire post.
you failed to listen to other's suggestions, and instead offer your own.
narrow-minded? Very much so, indeed.

Have I heard a single OUNCE of wisdom or any tribal wars connections apart from the current Org & Panic wars? No. Not one.
.......just leave, forum cancer.

DeletedUser

Sorry i do not bode well to the idea of cancer. My aunt died cus of it. So back off. I'd rather support the Alzheimer's organizations.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sorry i do not bode well to the idea of cancer. My aunt died cus of it. So back off. I'd rather support the Alzheimer's organizations.
I am sorry to hear about your aunt. However, there is more than one definition for the word "cancer".

Cancer: any evil thing that spreads destructively; blight.

I, too, have lost someone to cancer, but I can understand the difference between the two definitions and when someone is using it to be hurtful. A triple post is forum cancer.

DeletedUser

Sorry for misunderstanding. I thought you were referring to the actual disease. Sorry for judging too soon, i really must get a decent rest tonight.

Thanks 7 trolls :icon_smile:, but i belive that position is already taken. I am content in getting my opinions out in the hopes that most of you will expand your knowledge of how tribal wars can relate to the real world and think from a different perspective, as all of you are smart enough, and amazing players to have come this far. Well i certainly can't say "real world" cus they both exist in one and the same.
Each and every one of you are talented, strategic-thinking intelligent players to have made it into late july, considering the world started in march. W62 started out with about 30-40k of players, (or was it up at 60? i dont remember, i joined late) but now it has decreased to 8288 players and 623 tribes. While I have my own personal preferences as to who will "win" in some of the wars, the sides can always be tipped at any time.

I would like to congratulate each and every one of you w62 players for having made it through 4 months of numerous wars, formations and breakdowns of many tribes, mergers NAPS and enemies, the conversations you've had with other tribe members, and the friendships you've built throughout the course of this world. Be grateful for each one, and with your past experience, and the current conditions of this world, I wish each and every one of you the best of luck.

Anyways, I'm going to back off on commenting too much on the other topics with the wars since I have no say, unless i really wanna get anything in there which hasn't already been mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So your still talking, after 7 trolls was being sarcastic. And I don't need to read random "educational" posts from some college kid who thinks he knows what hes talking about.

NATMUS

Someone sign this guy up for Blogger now! What a legend !!! :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Okay here's another one of my rants. I will tailor this to be more accommodating to this world's tribes. Firstly, HOW IS TRIBAL WARS IN ANY WAY RELATED TO BUSINESSES?

My dad works for a financial business, called Merill Lynch. He used to work for Morgan Stanley. (I'm in the USA)
How does it give any legitimacy to the things you said.

Im thinking of economics as a major and finance/accounting/business as a minor so tribal wars is a HUGE help to me in multiple ways.
It's a game my friend, but you can make use of some natural qualities you may have like charisma, dedication. You can be a leader ig and displaying all the good stuff as well and still not show anything irl as well, it's up to everyone. As for what you really learn in this game, I'm unsure. Manage your ressource and HQ rush or anything eeeh. It's a strategy game, so it'S obvious you gonna play a bit using any kind of strategy, be at at a player's level or tribe's level.

The roles: DUKE & BARON: erm....CEO and Vice president. those two roles are very similar to each other in the game and in reality. i've been in each and have led w55 to become #2 in that world for 3 months before the leadership was mutinied and overrun.
Leadership is leadership.... Charisma, good vision, appropriate decisions are necessary (never had a mutiny :/)

FORUM MOD: in any world, there will always be someone out there who will want to censor what you say. it's called the constitution of the united states of america.
That's true, though you don't have to tie everything to america. (damn americans xD)
At least they censor you on the externals, not ig.
Censoring is actually needed to keep any community structured (as religion was used for that purpose before) as there are always some stooopid guys here and there.

RECRUITER: EMPLOYERSSSS. DUHHHHHH. They are SELECTIVE and recruit based on past experience, and this new "template feature" in v8.0 of tribal wars is a perfect example. VERY similar to Facebook.
Facebook. The sheeps gathering tool :icon_confused:

DIPLOMAT: Do i need to explain this one? International diplomats. International relations. THE UN (no, not the tribe, i mean the UNITED NATIONS) that exists in our world.
Well diplomacy, alright.

COUNCIL: everyone needs a group of people who can advise them, even the president of the US and all the other countries.
Not really, you may need people to carry out decisions, but that's it. Open an history book instead of your financial ones, you'll find some examples.

Okay now that i've covered that, EACH MEMBER OF A TRIBE is similar to EACH MEMBER OF A BUSINESS. sorry for the caps i like to stress these bits of information. What I'm saying is that each member has unique qualities which add to the combined group or the "whole"= tribe, or business as an entity.
I sense you'll discover fire before the end of the post :lol:

Similar to marching band, or the marines, or any musical band or group in general. Without each part, the group would suffer great losses.
The marines... :lol:

NOW onto the business aspect.
(yey!)

Tribal wars is much like the world. For one, consider the shape of the world. It is constantly increasing its size in a circular formation (thank you , computer technology)
Unlike the world, tribal wars has unlimited resources regarding natural resources (energy, air, electricity, fuel, oil, etc.). Tribal wars will CONTINUOUSLY provide resources, thanks to the given woodcutters, iron mines, and clay pits that you start out with.
well, yes

Unlike reality, there is no currency like money. There are no BANKS which provide constant funds.
you trade resources for resources, it's how the game was made. But its a war game, probably why the concept of currency itself wasn't added, so that you can focus on warring than playing sim city. You can see there is no oil as well or your country would have -prolly- invaded tw... :icon_wink:

A break here, i just want to say i'm a sophomore at Fordham University in New York City. My 2nd personality/identity is yellow night in TW. I am also a campus tour guide, which is why I like getting involved in many things, mainly the external forums.
:lol: cool

Break time's over, back to work:

BUSINESSES AND TRIBES continued:
WARS. Ha, yes there are wars in reality and in businesses. But in businesses, they fight by competing. They do not ATTACK OR PILLAGE VILLAGES. they compete by selling products, investing in stocks and bonds, they hire more clients (more players) which are well known and have experience and have more money (more points).
Now when you consider wars in real life, they destroy the entire world literally but the world continues and moves on once a victor is decided and they come to a NAP. Neutral agreement. After an ultimatum of sorts (WW2).
Businesses compete by comparing how much total income they've made over each month, every 3 months or a "quarter" in a year. They like to HUG like the tribe Org. But rather than merging all the time, businesses choose mergers wisely and certain firms/organizations/businesses dominate in that field like MCDONALDS in the fast food chain. FACEBOOK in social media. PRUDENTIAL in insurance. Just examples.
For once everything that you said here wasn't just hilarious but actually wrong.
I'll just quote that from wiki:

"As the strategic and tactical aspects of warfare are always changing, theories and doctrines relating to warfare are often reformulated before, during, and after every major war.
Carl Von Clausewitz said, 'Every age had its own kind of war, its own limiting conditions, and its own peculiar preconceptions."==> interesting to read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War#Motivations
Modern wars are more motivated by money though, especially the one made by the US :)

Let's consider mcdonalds since we all like to go there every once in a while:
THEY ARE NOW THE #2 LARGEST CORPORATION (tribe) AND FAST FOOD BUSINESS IN THE WORLD. only second to subway. In tribal wars terms, subway= org; mcdonalds= panic. But they are best friends in TW! HOW CAN THAT BE?
It's because it's a bad analogy ?

BECAUSE THEY HUG. They coexist, knowing that they have full dominance of the world.
oh hello agency aka Burger King. You have many customers (villages) as well! and increasing # every day!
Wars are not as fast at all as they are in TW. There are no ENDS to the world (oh sorry apocalyptic movies like 2012, Solar Attack, War of the Worlds, etc.). Unlike reality, TW ends the world once a tribe has reached 75% dominance over the world, and is closed for further new players (in real life terms, no more babies no more increasing population, except from what already exists. LAND IS A FIXED RESOURCE. EVEN IN TW at this point)
The diplomacy function is there for something, it doesn't mean they won't fight against each others at some point.
As for the world (the real one) and its future, don't expect you can do whatever the sh.t you want on earth and screw everything forever, without consequences. cause ==> effect, you know ?

ALLIES NAPS AND ENEMIES:
How do businesses and TW make friends, neutral agreements, and enemies???
How is it that Mcdonalds and Burger King coexist???
Because they have similar products that people CRAVE. It's in the biological makeup of the burgers. Thanks to all those cows out there!
Do something about your references, or the only things you know are fast food restaurants ?
Friends in TW come from fighting together and it requires some time... I guess a nubcake like you with his big facebook reference has like 539 "friends" ? And that may actually be why you all end up dead early in this game against a 40 members tribe from the start.

How do all the tribes coexist? Because they each have valuable VILLAGES. 9k or more in points.
WHY WAS AMAZON POPULAR even after the period from 1938-1962? because it tailored to EVERYONES needs.
it provided what people wanted during that time, regardless of the world war 2 slump.
Coexistance is an utopy. (especially in TW). Amazon as reference now.. wow

In businesses, they seek mergers. ONLY WHEN THE PROFITS ARE GREATER THAN THE COSTS.
Would you invite a 100 point player over a 9k player? only if the 9k player's a complete noob. you must consider all factors. Would Org invite a player like me to join them??? NOOOO. because they are elite, and i am not the best of the best.
The truth lies in your last sentence: you have no skill, this has nothing to do with your amount of points. (and actually all what you wrote in this thread denotes a childish, brainwashed personality so yeah, you prolly won't get in)

However, I have my unique qualities which is why i lead my tribe in this world, and have already begun on w64. Sorry, getting sidetracked. Blame my ADHD.
You're funny (hilarious) and that's absolutely not enough to lead aside maybe a bunch of workers at macdonalds (you see, I try to take examples you can understand)

ALLIES NAPS AND ENEMIES. Thank you, brilliant mind of mine.
Businesses COEXIST (allies) because they realize that they are on the same PLAYING FIELD. would mark zuckerberg give $1,000,000 to a hobo? NO. Would he like a meeting with Bill Gates or Warren Buffet? PROBABLY. WOuld he make Facebook merge with Twitter or Myspace? NO. because he is greater.

Would org merge with Agency? MAYBE. a possibility, but probably not gonna happen. they are too similar on the playing field, and they realize that they are BIGGER than them (not necessarily better or greater, but bigger nonetheless and HAVE NO QUARRELS WITH THEM). Does Mcdonalds want to steal customers from Burger King? PROBABLY. So they send spies!!!!! DUHHHHHH Org has spies in many other tribes Lambezz admits it. Oh hello there health inspector. Yes this burger tastes like yesterday's laundry. (in TW terms, the result would be, tribe leader dismisses useless member)
Ahh spies. They are everywhere ^^.

ALLIES vs. Enemies/NAPS in business:
I've already covered the allies section in business to some extent for you to get the big picture.

http://www.petrostrategies.org/Links/Worlds_Largest_Oil_and_Gas_Companies_Sites.htm

ENEMIES: consider the link above. would rank 1 and rank 2 merge? Possibly Would they become allies? Even more of a possibility. Would rank 1 and rank 50 merge? most likely not as rank 1 realizes he has greater dominance and more of an audience or customer range than rank 50 does, and has more INFLUENCE IN THIS WORLD (oh hey there Org= rank 1 and rank 50=JEFFRY)

These enemies FIERCELY compete with those lower by stealing from their customers, thus their MONEY goes to them, and not rank 50. Think of money in terms of villages, troops, and players.
Who said there was no currency in TW ?

This causes rank 50 to go BANKRUPT. Sorry JEFFRY tribe, this is just an example.
In TW Terms, JEFFRY DISBANDS as it realizes it has no further use to go on, and the costs outweigh the benefits.

Want more?
No!

I will continue the rest soon. Getting tired.

I hope you enjoyed!
Sincerely, yellownight

*still think I'm just a dumb TW player? NO.
Think again.

Twas cool, apologizes for getting lazy at the end but it's pretty much always the same stuff.

yellownight:
-campus tour guide
-from an university in teh US
-likes money
-knows all teh burger companies
-states the obvious
-still manages to be wrong
-needs to be locked in a huge library for months with cup noodles and water.

Asylum Escapee

Clearly org is wendys with panic being kfc. Stopped reading at subway (really, subway? Nnot sure if trolling or stupid)

DeletedUser

So your still talking, after 7 trolls was being sarcastic. And I don't need to read random "educational" posts from some college kid who thinks he knows what hes talking about.
No seriously, I'd bet he could write more than our current blogger(s) :lol:

Would also be interesting to see his blogging style :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Groan :( The similarities and parallels are getting a bit ridiculous!! Thats all I have to say!

DeletedUser

well have you bothered reading the entire thing like mantaray suggested? you might learn a thing or two, instead of being an ignorant fool. ignorance is not always bliss.

and i didnt just mention you two, i listed a whole bunch of people.

you want me to make another one just cause of you? they're all informational. don't you have a war to attend to?

There isn't anything informational about your post. It's just your opinion. Mantaray points out where you have made mistakes, therefore, they cannot be facts.

I must admit, the first one you did was fairly interesting, a good amount of it did make sense. But this one doesn't, and doesn't show any relation to business at all

DeletedUser

Yeah, most of the above comments you some of you left were right, and I stand corrected on many points.

I only talked about fast food chains because you all can relate to them in some way. If I actually wrote about businesses like Apple & Windows, I think I might have lost your attention a lot sooner.

Zorglub, thanks for shedding some light on some of my mistakes. Dunno if i haven't mentioned this before, but i was sleep deprived at the time I wrote the original post. Oh, and just to answer your final bits of commentary, I have closer to 900 friends on Facebook, although I only consider 10 to be true friends. Many of my analogies were bad, but thanks for pointing that out :icon_biggrin:

No, i do not WANT money. I need it. Going to be doing some job hunting later in the year. Not that it's any of your concern.

Im sure theres a lot of you that are much smarter than I am, but yet many of you tend to be ignorant or post in a way that doesn't reflect your wit (this goes for all of the w62 posters). However, the majority of what's being said on w62 is perflectly in compliance with the PvP/external/public forum rules and regs.

I do have trouble being judgemental, and it's VERY hard writing from an objective point of view. I'm sure u6s5l and Repinski can attest to that. However, I will try and adopt their method of seeking information from others before I bother writing another one of these, and try and make it simpler to understand.

What I wrote is not meant to be accurate of what is "right" or "wrong" but rather paints a limited overview with references to our world outside tribal wars. Much of what I say is not true, but I try to describe these terms and concepts in the way that I see them, from my experience, from my schooling, and from the way I've learned. It is more like me painting a picture, and you to all see it in your own ways.

DeletedUser

Im sure theres a lot of you that are much smarter than I am, but yet many of you tend to be ignorant or post in a way that doesn't reflect your wit (this goes for all of the w62 posters). However, the majority of what's being said on w62 is perflectly in compliance with the PvP/external/public forum rules and regs.
It may be in compliance with the rules, but what you are posting is mostly posted into the Off-topicaaaa section. Mainly because nobody here cares.