War has come -- ESL and TUBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Daakman: "I do hope we can be honorable fighters to each other."
==============================

WTF?!?

Honor in war? LOL!

"Please. Just before you dig your dagger into my skull and pillage the village women, please tell me I fought honorable... "

LOL! You limp thing you!

DeletedUser2237

Daakman: "I do hope we can be honorable fighters to each other."
==============================

WTF?!?

Honor in war? LOL!

"Please. Just before you dig your dagger into my skull and pillage the village women, please tell me I fought honorable... "

LOL! You limp thing you!

There should be a measure of honor in war, at least insofar as honoring one's word. Then again, deceit is a major factor in war, as well...

DeletedUser

In the end when a victor stands, there is always talk of how that came to be. Some smearing as well of course, but one thing always remains the same. They are acknowledged the victor and no matter how the victory came to be, they are recognized as having won and in a game like this I would think in game respect is worth more then in game honor.

Sounds like an eulogy over the grave of a dead tribe.

"Oh, but they were honorable in all that they did and thus we lay them down to rest for the final time...."

Not saying honor shouldnt be upheld but lets be real, war IS war. It is absolute and ugly. To try and beautify it with words of honor doesnt change what it is.

DeletedUser

Well, allow me to disagree with you, Frankish. TUBA family is quite a large family, thus it is not well co-ordinated. Numbers usually don't tell the truth. Example: I have just scouted a member of TUBA and launched attacks on him. Before my scouts hit him, I had a mail not from him but from a personal ally of him! who was asking why I am attacking him!!! That took me by surprise... And I am certain that many more TUBA members are not aware of this war. ESL family on the other hand consists of 2 tribes (something well known) and we can co-ordinate quite well. Targets have been given to us already, support is also organized already.

Oh, and yes, we will get help, as TUBA will. When you have friends, you need them in such cases. Maybe they want to have fun also :D

Thats rather poor logic. That arguement only works when you have lots of quality players like FTR. Tuba obviously has more quality players and more players than you. That kinda stacks the odds against you. But hey I guess we will see wont we :lol:

DeletedUser

This should be a good war. Which allies are getting involved?

DeletedUser3257

Newsflash...

Rumors say that ME will join TUBA while XiG stands by ESL :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Start to place your bets on who wins :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I will have the facts of this situation completely clear.

1. Two very large TUBA warriors launched attacks unprovoked against one of my Battle Lords. ESL's response was immediate presumption of war and we began to counter.

2. TUBA's Duke Amakal contacted me and tried to reign the situation in. We spoke both in game and on IM. The terms of a cease fire were made. TUBA agreed to fight against Smirff for his attacks and investigate JVD Master as to why he joined.

3. All attacks from ESL against TUBA stopped, including after noble taps. The terms were fully agreed to and both sides were copied as to the terms so there could be no statement they were not agreed to, as seen here. In fact, Amakal even commented he liked my letter better than his own.

4. TUBA then launched nicely coordinated, unprovoked attacks in contradiction of the cease fire, largely originating from former JACKS and EVLVD members. This was followed with a boastful mail declaring the war had begun.

These are the facts uncolored by perception or bias. They cast no one in a positive light or a negative one. They are, simply, what they are.

TUBAs attacks have hit and they've taken a few villages. We'll counter and we will. Ultimately the war will tip based on alliances and history, as all wars will. JACKS was a novel idea doomed to fail for not having friends. We are aware our friends are entering for us. We are aware some who are not even our friends side with us.

We are not sure which TUBA friends join them. Alliances are critical, though, TUBA may have a harder time convincing their friends to join against us merely because they started this, agreed to stop, then started it again. Many will watch TWPLUS and decide which side to enter -- if the other side seems to be losing.

Perhaps, though, the greatest difference in the outcome will come in the days leading to now. EVLVD and JACKS, now firmly in charge of TUBA, built themselves on naked aggression and growth against anyone they wished. ESL has lived without growing similarly. We've grown in response to aggression against us, so even those tribes who dislike us, tend to at least acknowledge we did something to them because they did something to us first.

In the end, we've left a smaller wake in terms of leaving angry people behind us. The problem TUBA has is they are being directed by the very people most likely to bring the most enemies against them. One could ultimately even see traditional members of TUBA break off and form anew, disgusted with the new leadership that has not told them what is happening.

Lokinder, Lord of Tribal Affairs.

OUT OF CHARACTER:

I really enjoyed the mail messages I received both from Smirff and from Caoimhín. They were both smartly written and in character. I got a good chuckle out of Caoimhin's as they specifically attacked the character Lokinder plays here which was wonderfully done and allows a lot of in character fun. In past wars, some people have crossed the line between personal and character and so far I think these guys are my favorite. They get the fun part is not just sending catapults on a two day journey, but, also the interaction that goes with it.

DeletedUser

Newsflash...

Rumors say that ME will join TUBA while XiG stands by ESL :icon_biggrin:

The MX tribes will stick together. A decision will be made and those of us with a brain bigger than a pea will abide by it. You as a member of MX should know that and not post inflammatory remarks in this open forum. Why you would attempt to open a rift between MX at this point is beyond me but it is foolish in the extreme.

:swordsman: Ternith :swordsman:

DeletedUser

Contrary to your belief Lokinder The former TUBA Leaders are still the ones in charge here.

DeletedUser3257

The MX tribes will stick together. A decision will be made and those of us with a brain bigger than a pea will abide by it. You as a member of MX should know that and not post inflammatory remarks in this open forum. Why you would attempt to open a rift between MX at this point is beyond me but it is foolish in the extreme.

:swordsman: Ternith :swordsman:
I go with the flow, and it seems to be the trend right now :lol:

DeletedUser2520

pshh i didnt know i was apart of this war untill i wole up this mourning lol

DeletedUser

Lokinder, Lord of Tribal Affairs,

Sounds like you sold them the Treaty of Versailles. After they agreed to it the TUBA leaders suddenly realized what they had done and a backlash was forthcoming (crush your own for a mistake?).

My bet is the TUBA. I like the underdogs. Plus there are more than just one tribe that is willing to financially support such a daring endeavor.

However, if ESL crushes TUBA, they will surely be in the top 10 tribes in the world. oh... I mean in the Top 5 tribes in the world. Oh wait... they are in the top 5. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3257

is it just my imagination or there were 2 more ESL tribes -> ESL3 and ESL4 a week ago? :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

This world has been quiet for quite some time now. I am of the strong impression TUBA have some firm cards on the table and ESL will certainly encounter a strong and worthy opponent.

I have a smile on my face whilst writing this. I am joyful of the prospect of fighting TUBA. I know that we have some good allies on our side, some may part with us, others may seek a better relation. In the end I share the hope expressed in this thread that we are heading for a world war.

May the strongest win, I hereby want to wish TUBA luck, like every sportsman should do.

To war! To victory!

DeletedUser3899

Lokinder, Lord of Tribal Affairs,

Sounds like you sold them the Treaty of Versailles. After they agreed to it the TUBA leaders suddenly realized what they had done and a backlash was forthcoming (crush your own for a mistake?).

My bet is the TUBA. I like the underdogs. Plus there are more than just one tribe that is willing to financially support such a daring endeavor.

However, if ESL crushes TUBA, they will surely be in the top 10 tribes in the world. oh... I mean in the Top 5 tribes in the world. Oh wait... they are in the top 5. ;-)

I dont see how TUBA is the underdog

Status
Not open for further replies.