War Scores-Weekly Updates

DeletedUser

baby_crying_closeup.jpg

DeletedUser

Finally, I laugh at statistics like this. After all, what you're showing is 3 tribes vs. 6.

if u can't stand 6 tribes (that they aren't even allies, some of them are at war with each others), (i don't really know but i think i red u have ur own forum), attacking as a family (being an alliance), being 1,2 and 6 on the ranking, recruiting many top players from other tribes... WHY THE HELL DO U CLAIM TO BE ELITE?!?!?!

don't make "6vs3" as an excuse...

that's the only part i understood from that post o_O (i discovered my english is horrible... what the hell is "amusing"??? "underdog" "stalemate" "equaling" =( )

DeletedUser

if u can't stand 6 tribes (that they aren't even allies, some of them are at war with each others), (i don't really know but i think i red u have ur own forum), attacking as a family (being an alliance), being 1,2 and 6 on the ranking, recruiting many top players from other tribes... WHY THE HELL DO U CLAIM TO BE ELITE?!?!?!

that's the only part i understood from that post o_O (i discovered my english is horrible... what the hell is "amusing"??? "underdog" "stalemate" "equaling" =( )

amusing = it makes me laugh
underdog = at a disadvantage
stalemate = neither side winning or loosing
equaling = both sides equal

DeletedUser

Thana Nightshade said:
underdog= at a disadvantage

Underdog= a person or group who is expected to lose in a contest or conflict

Saying "underdog= at a disadvantage" would make pretty much everybody an underdog in different ways.

DeletedUser

Um... way to leave out the entire definition to suit your needs.

As we all should know, many English words have what we call "more than one meaning." Check it out:

Underdog - n.

1. One that is expected to lose a contest or struggle, as in sports or politics.
2. One that is at a disadvantage.

It works both ways. Stop arguing about semantics.

DeletedUser

Computer removing parentheses to try and grasp understanding....

if u can't stand 6 tribes, attacking as a family, being 1,2 and 6 on the ranking, recruiting many top players from other tribes... WHY THE HELL DO U CLAIM TO BE ELITE?!?!?!

that's the only part i understood from that post o_O

....analysis

Computer has failed to understand....

DeletedUser

Um... way to leave out the entire definition to suit your needs.

As we all should know, many English words have what we call "more than one meaning." Check it out:

Underdog - n.

1. One that is expected to lose a contest or struggle, as in sports or politics.

It works both ways. Stop arguing about semantics.

Ironic, you tell me to stop using only the part of the definition that "suits my needs" and then you do the exact same thing. Scroll down farther on the page that you found that definition on and you'll see this:

underdog-
noun
one at a disadvantage and expected to lose

Like I already said, using the second definition you listed would make both sides in this conflict underdogs. I'm not even going to bother posting about this again, so post all the definitions you want, I couldn't really care less.

DeletedUser

don't quarrel with dj.
longer then you do this, more stupid you look like.
rather admit that he's good and send some nukes on eneys.

DeletedUser

I know I said I wasn't going to post about this again, but then again I didn't expect you to flame me and call me a jackass for posting the correct definition... What site did you even use for that page? This is straight from dictionary.com:

un·der·dog /ˈʌndərˌdɔg, -ˌdɒg/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uhn-der-dawg, -dog] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a person who is expected to lose in a contest or conflict.
2. a victim of social or political injustice: The underdogs were beginning to organize their protests.
[Origin: 1875–80, Americanism; under- + dog1]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
un·der·dog (ŭn'dər-dôg', -dŏg') Pronunciation Key
n.

(Download Now or Buy the Book)
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Online Etymology Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
underdog
"the beaten dog in a fight," 1887, from under + dog. Cf. top dog "dominant person in a situation or hierarchy."

Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2001 Douglas Harper
WordNet - Cite This Source - Share This
underdog

noun
one at a disadvantage and expected to lose

Hmmm looks like it IS on a page other than wikipedia... and I don't use wikipedia... everybody knows that site is full of BS. Also, please explain where I claimed that you "deleted" part of the definition. I simply said you did the exact same thing I did, not including the FULL definition in that last post. Now look who's doing the flaming, and at least I didn't swear at you... in fact I was reasonably polite in my posts (and the reason for them was to help someone get the correct definition of underdog, whereas the point of your posts was obviously to flame me) but apparently I'm a jackass for being reasonably polite. You still haven't even commented on the fact that using thana's definition, both sides would be the underdogs...

DeletedUser5905

Guys if you really want a compotition who can quote from online dictionarys more then please start a new thread up.

This thread is for war scores which im sure you will find more intresting.

DeletedUser

Couldn't agree with you more... was simply trying to help diego20001 understand what an underdog is.

DeletedUser

Way to let it go ;) still off-topic, and technically we're both right since we both provided the correct definition, and I was not a jackass. There's no need to keep talking about this.

Also, like I said, I only posted because you flamed the hell out of me and called me a jackass- clearly uncalled for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaembesh

God... You're arguing with eachother, and in seven's case insulting the other, over the definition of a single word which has little relevence to the actual topic :icon_eek::lol:

Not only is this going seriously off topic, but with the addition of the needless insults, you're both likely to get banned if you carry on.

Let this argument die.

DeletedUser5905

Guys just let this drop.

STOP SMAMMING THREAD

TAKE YOUR ARGUMENTS ELSEWHERE AND DON'T YOU DARE REPLY SAYING IT WAS HIS FUALT, YOU ARE ARE BOTH AS BAD AS EACH OTHER.

DeletedUser

Problem solved?

Thanks for intervening Gambeash. That made all the difference in the world.

DeletedUser

BINGO!!! *applauds*