WEST/NORTH Family

maldevised

The first thread turned into bickering. The second thread was closed because it was started to "discuss moderation." This thread is created in order to legitimately discuss the big move made by both former STFU/FEAR (now NORTH) and WEST.

Please discuss impacts on the world as whole without bickering. :icon_smile:

DeletedUser

I don't understand why such a huge family is formed in the first place :icon_rolleyes:

Hasn't W14 learn enough from past huge family failures like Greenwich, DD3N and a couple of others? :icon_redface:

enddragon

i dont like there being such large families

i think they will fall

DeletedUser

What factors decide if a large familly tribe wil fail or not?
Random points like this posted till now isnt helping anyone.

DeletedUser

They have learned from the past when the great families fell.
But the example and leadership of WEST taught them well again.
I personally see it as a matter of great micromanagement within the system. If a leader achieves such great feat, no matter how large it is, itll be the same as handling a single tribe.
Impact.
Will yet to be seen. No idea at the moment.

DeletedUser

can we stop talking about certain tribes and search why/if is bad to have large tribes?
Theb u dont bring anything new if u say West is so, they do so and so on.
It will help us more, if u come with bad things about West one day :)

DeletedUser

As a member of NORTH I know the history of at least my own path to this family NORTH & WEST. Therefore I will shed just enough light on this so people understand why we are different.

Firstly, if this was just a regular family I don't think anyone would have accepted it, as we know full well the downsides to large families.. Sea of blue, pointwhores... and all that.

Secondly we are not a bunch of players/tribes that thought "Oh hey! Let's form a super-big family cos then we wont get attacked." Each and every branch of this family loves good servings of war, it is after all what this game is about.

The tribes we came from to form this (STD!! FIRE FEAR STFU and WEST) have all proven their war and diplomacy skills as individual tribes several times over. We have worked together in the past to great success, the move to a family was to aid us with improved communication (another big family downside) as well as being about to plan and operate more 'as one' when the time comes.

Now before the screen turns to a mess of blurry greyness (I've not had much sleep), I'll close with this statement:
We are different, we understand the downfalls of family tribes well and have spent quite a bit of time looking for solutions to these. If it doesn't work then fine you guys were right.. but if it does work, well then we'll be one big happy family won't we?

ps. This doesn't represent the views of the tribe, I am but a mere worker in this machine known as NORTH/WEST Family

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

if is something i dislike is to see STFU named North :icon_sad:
Dont get it: wasnt enought to change profile and say:
We the nordic tribes:
STFU,Fear, GTFO,FU,2.
form North familly
We are the same familly with West.

DeletedUser

I suppose we just wanted that unity, the closeness, the friendship. Will you be our ally? :icon_wink:

tits mcgee

i think this new families biggest problem is going to be the fact that players will get unhappy with the amount of allies which means no villages to take they either quit or go and turn on their own tribe this will result in failure no matter what they say I honestly dont believe any even semi skilled player would want to be in a family of that size.

PS: war proven isnt one of the things you can claim that you are look at FEAR vs BUNS stats and also STFU hasnt fought a real war yet at all:icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

is it just me or i see Gaia merging into a tribe called "ELITE" and becoming another branch of that family?

well done guys...9th branch...you manage to invite every n00b in the world in your family...really well done.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i think this new families biggest problem is going to be the fact that players will get unhappy with the amount of allies which means no villages to take they either quit or go and turn on their own tribe this will result in failure no matter what they say I honestly dont believe any even semi skilled player would want to be in a family of that size.

PS: war proven isnt one of the things you can claim that you are look at FEAR vs BUNS stats and also STFU hasnt fought a real war yet at all:icon_twisted:

We all have space to expand I don't see a problem there, I mean technically I'm in the middle, the worst possible place, where FEAR STFU and WEST meet but I have 2 clusters being formed on the edge of this big blue sea so I'll be just fine for a long time to come.

Just because you don't hear about things it doesn't mean they aren't happening - there's been a ton of wars you don't have a clue about.

Oh and the stats, did I not explain about that in this or another thread?

DeletedUser

Just because you don't hear about things it doesn't mean they aren't happening - there's been a ton of wars you don't have a clue about.

this is just my opinion, but i think theres a huge difference between small wars that no one pays attention to and larger scale wars that are fought over continents..

DeletedUser

Ok Guys,

They formed a branch like this because they wanted to have more dominant power. This is still first few days so there testing it out for a few more weeks. If it doesn't work they will most likely just become allies. There you go.

DeletedUser

no doubt if it works they will be a profoundly significant world 14 power, but i think the majority of other tribes will still see them as the huge family.. was there much cynicism when the krakens formed their family?

maldevised

no doubt if it works they will be a profoundly significant world 14 power, but i think the majority of other tribes will still see them as the huge family.. was there much cynicism when the krakens formed their family?

The Krakens started as a family with a bunch of branches full of noobs and became a world power. WEST/NORTH are significantly different.

DeletedUser

To summarize, the West/North family is now composed of:

WEST
NORTH (formerly STFU)
NORTH4 (formerly FEAR)
NORTH3 (formerly GTFO)
NORTH2 (formerly FU,2)
FART
ELITE (faction of Gaia which broke off to join WEST)
WEST 3

Have I forgotten anyone?

And no, IMT will not be joining the WEST family.

My question is, what will happen to STFU~N?