WEST/NORTH Family

DeletedUser

ELITE (faction of Gaia which broke off to join WEST)

They haven't broke off from there brothers in Gaia. They are just regrouping, new leadership, more active members. Look at the name, not just Gaia members joining the ranks of ELITE.

Also I wouldn't ask IMT to join us. Not after what I've heard.

DeletedUser

and what have you heard sutton? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My predictions here....

This will set off merger mania. We will see many tribes combining and posturing to counter this open show of unity. Obviously there will be the huge underground movement of people rapidly scurrying to create alliances to counter the big family too. In the upcoming days, the maps will no longer look like they do today, not because of any war though. Save your copy now for historical purposes ;)

The formation of the family is not a threat. It simply makes game play and future plans easier. Each tribe around the family knows based on their current diplomacy whether they are a near term target. About 1 minute looking at the map, will also tell them if they need to be concerned about the fact that a light blue dot can change to bright red in under 1 second, indicating a future risk.

Now do I see the huge family succeeding? No. My reasons for that prediction are not based on any secret knowledge or bias towards any of the tribes, but on things I've already seen happen in other large families.
1. You become too big, you suddenly find yourself with a lot of enemies who want to take you down while they can
2. 400 people makes for difficult communication. Just getting them all to register on an external forum is quite an effort.
3. As the game ages, there will be more and more inactives. Due to the size of this family, they will suffer from this more than any single tribe. Eating the inactives will limit their ability to use the full family strength in any given war, thus removing the so called advantage.
4. The more people you have, the greater the chance for personality clashes.
5. Tribal members and leader's attitudes change as they see themselves becoming more powerful. This can cause some significant internal issues as the mindset changes from one of what is good for the family to what is good for me.

I intend to sit back a few months and see whether I'm right or not. Although I suspect I'll start to see some things happen on the mega merger field in a week or so.

DeletedUser

8 tribes.. gotta say thats kinda ridiculous
some players are gonna be having fun communicating and coordinating attacks/claims..

DeletedUser

Now do I see the huge family succeeding? No. My reasons for that prediction are not based on any secret knowledge or bias towards any of the tribes, but on things I've already seen happen in other large families.
1. You become too big, you suddenly find yourself with a lot of enemies who want to take you down while they can
2. 400 people makes for difficult communication. Just getting them all to register on an external forum is quite an effort.
3. As the game ages, there will be more and more inactives. Due to the size of this family, they will suffer from this more than any single tribe. Eating the inactives will limit their ability to use the full family strength in any given war, thus removing the so called advantage.
4. The more people you have, the greater the chance for personality clashes.
5. Tribal members and leader's attitudes change as they see themselves becoming more powerful. This can cause some significant internal issues as the mindset changes from one of what is good for the family to what is good for me.

great reasoning

DeletedUser

They haven't broke off from there brothers in Gaia. They are just regrouping, new leadership, more active members. Look at the name, not just Gaia members joining the ranks of ELITE.

Also I wouldn't ask IMT to join us. Not after what I've heard.

Sutton, seriously just be quiet. Gaia has fallen apart since TGG left and you know it. Some are joining WEST. Some haven't decided what to do yet. I know of at least one who has joined WOTB. Maybe some will even go down with their tribe.

"Look at the name." ELITE. Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a tribe named that before. Amazing. You guys must be really good.

Look, I know a few who have joined, and I don't have any problem with them. But don't try and assert yourselves as uber-1337 just because you're part of WEST.

And about IMT, you're incredibly arrogant if you think we would want to join ELITE. I specifically said "IMT will not be joining the WEST family". And it doesn't matter if you asked or not, because you don't run WEST, and the people who do have asked us in the past.

stellro

Ive gotta agree with alot of what rhapzody says here.

And tribes like PG - who had there good relationships with WEST to take out Quest must now be looking over their shoulders as ultimately - your not part of the family!!!

Other likely prey being the Birds family. I remember everybody calling the Krakens and yes they have been a surprise - but they have grown into this tribe very well from an early stage and have grown as a family - whereas the tribes that have merged into the North family will all have their own personalities, leadership, vision and "ways of doing things" which is where I can see the fractures coming from & in fighting in future - cross nobling, lack of direction, lack of communication etc.

I foresee alot of tribes re-evaluating their diplomacy and a few knee jerk reactions to this "family" but with GOH being so far away from all this we can simply watch with interest - will this family be in the same format come the turn of the year...I seriously doubt and feel this world may have lost abit of credibility for this new family!

DeletedUser

Sutton, seriously just be quiet. Gaia has fallen apart since TGG left and you know it. Some are joining WEST. Some haven't decided what to do yet. I know of at least one who has joined WOTB. Maybe some will even go down with their tribe.

Aye, TGG left, and hasn't returned. This broken their morale, but now the morale is getting lifted. New tribe, not the same players. Everyone is high at this time, damn, too many players happy, my black heart can't take it!

"Look at the name." ELITE. Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a tribe named that before. Amazing. You guys must be really good.

Oh Yes, we are awsome! We are strong! WE ARE REFUGEE UNITED!!

-No, you stupid get. Use your head-

Look, I know a few who have joined, and I don't have any problem with them. But don't try and assert yourselves as uber-1337 just because you're part of WEST.

No. Just got elite for the simple fact. Honestly, its not for public eyes.

And about IMT, you're incredibly arrogant if you think we would want to join ELITE. I specifically said "IMT will not be joining the WEST family". And it doesn't matter if you asked or not, because you don't run WEST, and the people who do have asked us in the past.

I wouldn't ask IMT to merge or even think of it! IMT had a great past, but sadly now, IMT are nothink just old relics of the past roting. But that mean your a bad tribe, just saying its an old tribe. Needs to move on somewhere in world 14.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't ask IMT to merge or even think of it! IMT had a great past, but sadly now, IMT are nothink just old relics of the past roting. But that mean your a bad tribe, just saying its an old tribe. Needs to move on somewhere in world 14.

For the last time, I'm not talking about YOU asking us to merge. I'm talking about WEST asking us to join their family, which they did at one point in the past. That's right. Your superiors invited this old relic to join WEST.

And IMT are nothing but a tribe that is probably one of the most refined war machines on W14? How many wars has ELITE fought? How many did Gaia fight? And IMT is 25 players-strong of pure steel (we'll subtract the ones who are quitting). Ask anyone who's fought us.

DeletedUser

For the last time, I'm not talking about YOU asking us to merge. I'm talking about WEST asking us to join their family, which they did at one point in the past. That's right. Your superiors invited this old relic to join WEST.

They asked you, I never so why bring it up? Stupid.

And IMT are nothing but a tribe that is probably one of the most refined war machines on W14? How many wars has ELITE fought? How many did Gaia fight? And IMT is 25 players-strong of pure steel (we'll subtract the ones who are quitting). Ask anyone who's fought us.

Care to remind me how long ELITE has being made for? Not even 24 hours.

Gaia/West Family, care to remind me how many wars they have fought and won?

I'm not bringing up the past. The past is the past. The future. I'm just saying, IMT should just join a good tribe or a family. Sooner or later a tribe is going to come along, and crush IMT, same happens to every tribe. Don't make keep blasting out the flames here.

maldevised

Well, Just notice your ITALIC WORD "BECAME".

A compliment? Not really I guess

My god, man. I gave you a compliment. I italicized "became" because you guys were noobs back in the day. Don't even try to deny it. My words merely called attention to the fact that you entered the top 20 by sheer ennoblement (but only after you recruited EVERYONE who you would have merged with down the line anyway), whereas so many other tribes (Quest, PG, WEST) have only become super powers through merging with other strong tribes.

:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

whereas so many other tribes (Quest, PG, WEST) have only become super powers through merging with other strong tribes.

:icon_rolleyes:

Even the strong will fall :)

Back to the topic, this merger will fall in time to come, especially in the face of another strong opponent(s).

DeletedUser

The world evolves according to the tribes that reside it.
Now it happens that the northern region favors familial ties
It is of course expected that a lot of people won't like it. As it goes against the usual flow of things.
It is also understood that certain inviduals resent the idea for they believe on the noble 1 tribe to prove itself against the world. Who woulnt want that right?
Again, respect is due to the players who decided to make up the relation. The circumstances before are not the same as of now.

I see 3 things why people post against threads related to familial tribes.

1) They have been branded as noobs due to the principle of fighting with sheer immense number (lazy type).
2) Intense amount of commucation needed to establish a good working network betweene families. Often failing.
3) Lesser amount of actual battles due to the relation established (otherwise known as tribal hugging.

I know that even before establishing the family, these individuals know what theyre up against, (which is what is happening now). They are not mentally incapable not know that certain idividuals will be up against them. Before you guys posted here, I believe these families already know that they are to be called names, ridiculed and of course questioned.
But why did they pursue it? Why go against the current?

All tribes have goals and they are all respected. Time will only tell what they plan on going against the usual flow of the game.

I know that certain individuals here actually are serious enough to post hoping that it would actually affect in game. Why bother posting at all if it isnt true.
But if you guys really are up against family tribes, why not go to your accounts and talk things through with their leaders?
I believe one has done that already. Windows Watcher*searches for the guy*. He was open minded enough not to limit himself a few months back to offer his advice to WEST and the familial problem he sees. He not only shouted his lungs over these forums, but actually made A MOVE. Respects due to individuals like him. West is indebted to the ideas he had, we were able to adapt to it. Though we remained a family, his in game advice has greatly helped us a lot.

Time will tell if this would work. If it does, congatulations. If it does not, those who told so were right. Criticizing alone won't actually help, in game. Why dont you guys prove our point together with your words. Because so far, WEST, which is a family have proven themselves, without actually using lot of words so far.

Again, if people are to post at the world forums for the sake of criticizing the new family, you have your right as a poster, we respect that. But I know for one that it only unites them more, because of the challenge of what people say. But if you guys decently want to know answers, feel free to send mails to the leaders. They are called leaders for their nobility, so expect an answer.

Unless proven so, this me does not prohibit familial ties, and unless they are stopped they will keep on trying till they get ther goals accomplished.

Lets just see which W14 tribe survives till the end.
The end justify the means-only in TW :icon_razz:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Lets just see which W14 tribe survives till the end.
The end justify the means-only in TW :icon_razz:

you could just say lets just see which WEST branch will survive till the end.

with you recruiting eveyr n00b tribe and even one of the worst tribes of tw in general (yes i am referring to gaia) and gaining 1-2 branches per day then certainly in the end it wil only be WEST but it wont be the end of the game since there will be 2000 + players left.

That move is not only ridiculous and hilairous but even pathetic...9 branches....

hey can OU be a part of your family? gtfo

DeletedUser

They asked you, I never so why bring it up? Stupid.

You are in their family now. Do you understand that? Expect to be flamed on the forums as if you were part of WEST itself, because that's what you are. Any decisions made by their leaders reflect on your entire family.

Care to remind me how long ELITE has being made for? Not even 24 hours.

Gaia/West Family, care to remind me how many wars they have fought and won?

How many wars did Gaia fight and win? 0. Sorry, but the only war Gaia ever had was with OU, and they pretty much got destroyed. No contest.

WEST has actually fought some wars, but never decisively won any. All of their past opponents have basically been enveloped by their family. IMT beat GUD (payback admitted to it) and the SW family (rimmed them all) decisively. We also fought Uruz/TribeU and Quest simultaneously, possibly the highest odds of any war between major tribes, and neither of them made a significant dent. I consider that a victory on our part.

Now, my goal is not to go on the forums and trumpet these things, but compared to the war record of WEST and Gaia, you shouldn't be talking.

I'm not bringing up the past. The past is the past. The future. I'm just saying, IMT should just join a good tribe or a family. Sooner or later a tribe is going to come along, and crush IMT, same happens to every tribe. Don't make keep blasting out the flames here.

Say whatever you want. It just displays your ignorance for W14 history. Maybe IMT should join a good tribe (note the absence of 'family'). Or maybe we shouldn't. Maybe we should just sit here like a rock until someone tries something. I'd like to see a tribe come along and crush IMT. It would take a lot more than one tribe to do that. There isn't a tribe or family in this world that could crush us on their own. But I guess gangbanging is what W14 is all about.

DeletedUser

My take on what I read here is not that most are saying that creating a family is good or bad. Instead what they are saying is that if a family gets too big, then chances are it will not succeed.

How big is too big? That depends on the skills of those leading the family and how active they all can be over the long run as well as how the architecture of the family is established. Is this family too big? In my opinion, yes. But I am just one person and that is just one person's thoughts.

DeletedUser

We will see metaller, we will see.

For now, you are entitled to your own opinion.
And of course feel free to go against it if you wish.
That simply is my opinion of whats happening.
I am very sorry though if I dont think the same in game.

But again we will see what will happen.