What do you think will happen in this world?

Zeddy le mange

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I heard Jacob Rees-Mogg has just set up an account and is planning to run a rim tribe in k34.

Could be interesting.

Zeddy le mange

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
She's in Kent. There's a new series coming up.

Weirdly, she's also recently set up an account and is looking to run a rim tribe in k34.

Reaction score
Is Perve the new Anneka Rice? I think we may need some psychological testing on Perve for some answers, the one who moved (escape may be more honest answer) to Kent to start a documentary on cleaning up the "trash". I'm thinking we have an escaped asylum convict the more detail we piece together, sounds legit :D

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Just the usual barb nobling boredom. How did this game get to be about nobling barbs and easy targets? Yeah yeah, I know, pp

Vlad Putin

Reaction score
Just the usual barb nobling boredom. How did this game get to be about nobling barbs and easy targets? Yeah yeah, I know, pp

Premium points have been around since the beginning. They're not to blame. I'd say that the world-starting tutorial and the scavenging feature are far bigger culprits.

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Are you complaining that the game is to easy?
Just saying that before people could buy resources with premium points, and speed build etc., they had to focus on farming and destroying each other. It was dishonourable to make your first conquer from anything but an equal player - and this made sense and it worked in that environment, because everyone had the same thing in mind and nobody was able to get a leg-up nobling barbs. You fought other good players so to gain the advantage, not out-nobling the competition to be bigger. Barb noblers would soon be weeded out by other players who played for competition.
Just saying the game was a lot more fun when it was about fighting from day 1. Now you just get your tub of popcorn and watch the inevitable overrun of the world by whoever got out in front earlier in the game by spending more pp and outgrowing everyone else. Didn't do it by besting the players around them in early game.
I'm not saying the winning players don't have skill anymore, of course they do, of course they know the game mechanics. But I do think many winners today would've been laughed out of the early game back in the day. Back then , if you had a lot of points but your OD sucked, you were putting a target on your forehead.
It's a different game today, and I can't dictate to people if that's good or bad - people like what they like. All I'm saying is that for me it's a lot more boring when you can just overrun other players without a real fight. I'm someone who enjoys a struggle, otherwise it's boring. It's a matter of taste.

Reaction score
Just saying that before people could buy resources with premium points, and speed build etc., they had to focus on farming and destroying each other. It was dishonourable to make your first conquer from anything but an equal player - and this made sense and it worked in that environment, because everyone had the same thing in mind and nobody was able to get a leg-up nobling barbs. You fought other good players so to gain the advantage, not out-nobling the competition to be bigger. Barb noblers would soon be weeded out by other players who played for competition.
Just saying the game was a lot more fun when it was about fighting from day 1. Now you just get your tub of popcorn and watch the inevitable overrun of the world by whoever got out in front earlier in the game by spending more pp and outgrowing everyone else. Didn't do it by besting the players around them in early game.
I'm not saying the winning players don't have skill anymore, of course they do, of course they know the game mechanics. But I do think many winners today would've been laughed out of the early game back in the day. Back then , if you had a lot of points but your OD sucked, you were putting a target on your forehead.
It's a different game today, and I can't dictate to people if that's good or bad - people like what they like. All I'm saying is that for me it's a lot more boring when you can just overrun other players without a real fight. I'm someone who enjoys a struggle, otherwise it's boring. It's a matter of taste.
I totally disagree with you that the today's players would have been laughed out by early players (I have been playing since 2007). In essence this is a mathematical game, and over the years players got more and more clever in how to optimize their growth, thus today's top players would smoke early players who were discovering the game dynamics and how to optimize it. Indeed market exchange has changed the dynamic of the early game, because if you have pp to spend you can still spend nobles on barbs and end up profitable in the end when it would come to fighting a big opponent. But there is a point where pp don't matter and ultimately time spent, strategical skills, and most importantly teamplay are the decisive factors in who wins the world.

I mean, has anyone got a theory about an unexpected upset here?

So you clearly see a winning tribe at this moment?

Last edited:

Vlad Putin

Reaction score
I totally disagree with you that the today's players would have been laughed out by early players (I have been playing since 2007). In essence this is a mathematical game, and over the years players got more and more clever in how to optimize their growth, thus today's top players would smoke early players who were discovering the game dynamics and how to optimize it. Indeed market exchange has changed the dynamic of the early game, because if you have pp to spend you can still spend nobles on barbs and end up profitable in the end when it would come to fighting a big opponent. But there is a point where pp don't matter and ultimately time spent, strategical skills, and most importantly teamplay are the decisive factors in who wins the world.

So you clearly see a winning tribe at this moment?

HA! HAHA! HA! HAHAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA!

That's cute. Utter garbage, but it's cute.

The "elite" player of today would absolutely have been run off back when this game still great. Back then, worlds filled up and had to be close because there was no room left on the map. Nowadays, worlds die after a few months because there's no point in joining them. The end is already pre-determined and you are merely waiting to have the information revealed. Nobody is going to "win" this world by accomplishing anything of significance.

You say the game is about math. That is where you are wrong. This is [supposed to be] a strategy game. Strategy games are never pre-determined. Their final disposition is the result of a ever changing dynamics as opponents maneuver, change, adapt to each other, attempt to out guess and out smart each other's moves, so on and so forth. But a math game is just a math game. Math is only interested in unyielding, unmovable facts.

People like you are weak, plain and simple. And you make excuses for your weakness by saying that you've found a way to make it a strength. Buying PP to turn around and buy your way to victory is exactly that.

You're not playing a game. You're simply paying to have the neurons in your brain stem stimulated. Coda is more generous than I will be. I say there's no skill involved at all anymore. The only reason people think there is, is because what constitutes "skill" nowadays is such a watered down concept that anything goes.

Euler-

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
HA! HAHA! HA! HAHAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA!

That's cute. Utter garbage, but it's cute.

The "elite" player of today would absolutely have been run off back when this game still great. Back then, worlds filled up and had to be close because there was no room left on the map. Nowadays, worlds die after a few months because there's no point in joining them. The end is already pre-determined and you are merely waiting to have the information revealed. Nobody is going to "win" this world by accomplishing anything of significance.

You say the game is about math. That is where you are wrong. This is [supposed to be] a strategy game. Strategy games are never pre-determined. Their final disposition is the result of a ever changing dynamics as opponents maneuver, change, adapt to each other, attempt to out guess and out smart each other's moves, so on and so forth. But a math game is just a math game. Math is only interested in unyielding, unmovable facts.

People like you are weak, plain and simple. And you make excuses for your weakness by saying that you've found a way to make it a strength. Buying PP to turn around and buy your way to victory is exactly that.

You're not playing a game. You're simply paying to have the neurons in your brain stem stimulated. Coda is more generous than I will be. I say there's no skill involved at all anymore. The only reason people think there is, is because what constitutes "skill" nowadays is such a watered down concept that anything goes.

how many worldwins you got? cant see any