Why no one person will ever own all of W19 (or even 50% of it)

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Imo there should be price money for a tribe that finishes first once the world ends. At least $100 each player in the tribe. Makers wouldnt even notice as at some points there were 40K+ people in the world with most buying premium and i would assume it doesnt cost a lot to run a server so yea... :icon_wink:

Never going to happen...

And just to point it out - worlds have ended on .de, and will end on .net most likely starting with W12.

(Top player on the first .de world to close had something like 11k villages or something - like double the second guy - tribes win worlds, not players - hence the name tribalwars.)

Last edited:

Weaselfierce

...this game will NEVER come down to one person owning the entire thing.

Does farming become useless at a certain point?

What is this 2.88 villages per day limit you speak of?

You said this was best case, what do you mean?

So lets see an example to really get an idea of how long this would take to?

The problem is that ideally you'd like to think in a game like this you are rewarded for being a skilled/aggressive player... rewarded for being someone who really understands what is going on, ratios of off/def villages, attacking schemes, nukes, trains, etc...

The reality however is that the people who benefit the most and get the furthest (ie: to the largest point totals) in this game are those that are helped by others...

My 2 cents:

If one person is left owning 10 villages and everyone else has quit, then that person owns the whole world when everyone else turns barbarian. There would be no need to noble it all

I think that I quit farming around 30k points. I'm not sure of how many villages I had but around 30000 point is when I cease to care about farmimg because it was becoming tedious.

No such thing as a 2.88 noble a day limit. I can theoretically save up packets for a few years and then when the mood struck, I'll be putting out mmm... lets say 12 nobles per village with academies per day? so if I had 100 villages I could be pumping out 1200 nobles per day for a while?
...just a thought.

you said it, not I. That would actually be a worse case scenario in my book.

Not long at all if everyone but I were to quit the game right now, today even. Then it would just be little ole me with a gazillion barbarian villages. All mine...

Actually I don't think that at all. The game name is Tribal Wars after all. I would expect that those who are most successful would be the ones who have mastered ALL aspects of the game. Being skillful at the mechanics as well as the diplomacy and social aspect of the game. If someone helps me within the rules of the game, then that IS indeed success on my part. After all, the whole concept of this game is TEAMWORK.

Jug-jug

Damn Weasel you actually made sense. Did ya run out of beer money?

Weaselfierce

I'm wired on like a gallon of coffee right now. Just got home from working night shift.
.... I'm buzzing hard on all that caffeine. :icon_eek:

chrisparty

just a follow-up, though I'm sure no one cares. After quitting this game 'forever' I returned to play W42 and find myself in the top 10 again (breaking a mil)... just goes to show how addictive this game is that even after coming to this realization I returned 8 months later to play again.

Since writing this I've come to the realization that this game is not about points, rank or prestige, but rather goals and the social aspect. If you have a mission (removing a player, or tribe) then this can be a lot of fun even though everyone realizes that in the end it's all for nothing (just 0's and 1's on a server that will all be extinct in 5-10 years)... game can be enjoyable for other reasons.

just though I'd share that as I'm sure there are countless others who have sworn to their retirement from TW... only to return months later and start all over again. I think we all need help :icon_razz:

They design the game to be addictive (in the way that to be sucessful you have to put in a lot of time), add the social interaction/entertainment value of making friends and enemies, then notch it up to a scale that the game is never finshed, won or lost.

It's great for them as a business, because it makes them money on the hooked players. And it's also why we won't see any real consideration for the fantastic suggestions for smaller worlds...

DeletedUser

It's great for them as a business, because it makes them money on the hooked players. And it's also why we won't see any real consideration for the fantastic suggestions for smaller worlds...

Join the Romanian server Lauren. From what I heard though it will bore you to tears, not enough players.

DeletedUser

Never going to happen...

And just to point it out - worlds have ended on .de, and will end on .net most likely starting with W12.

(Top player on the first .de world to close had something like 11k villages or something - like double the second guy - tribes win worlds, not players - hence the name tribalwars.)

Linky - This was managed in 3 years. the total points in the world, if you look at the tribes, comes to a little over 400mil. Considering the fact that he already has 130mil, It would only take him half the time again to get another 70mil, if that, bringing him to 200mil, half the entire points value of the world. Considering a constant rate of expansion based on the previous expansion of the account (certainly feasible), that would bring him to 200mil in, oh, about 4.5 - 5 years. That's a little bit less than 100, no?

and on a side note, I guess you haven't heard of half-priced packets, kindofabigdeal. the stage at which they are introduced varies, but when it is offered the world gets to vote on whether to halve the price of packets, assuming it goes though, that would cut the time needed in half.

Secondly, as I just noticed Weasel has also said: a player would not have to noble every village to own the entire world: barbs don't count towards dominance. Again by skipping the barbarians and simply taking out all remaining players, you could be the single player on the world by only taking about 75% or less of the villages.

Thirdly, about the "skill/playing the game will result in mergewars experts taking the top places and eventually winning", I have three things to say:

a)Experience in war: A player who has been fighting for his or her villages since the start of the war will be MUCH more accustomed to... having to fight for them. Being mass attacked, having 3k+ incoming, dodging, stacking, sniping, timing.. all the skills that can only he honed through constant practice. You put one of those guys in a war situation and they excel at it. You put an internals and barb munching 15mil player in a fight with a war hardened 9mil veteran, and I'd bet on the 9mil, hands down. Even a 4mil player would probably be able to hold hit or her own, despite being 1/4 of the size of the bigger, which brings me to my next point...

b) Relative Inconsequentiality of Points Differences: once you get past about 1/2mil in a world, the total amount of points isn't really what matters anymore, to a large extent. What matters is LOCAL points differences, and Even then, it doesn't matter as much as it did for smaller amounts of points.

To give an example, I've played a 1.8mil account up to 4.8mil in the last 6 months. I think, in that time, I've attacked one player smaller than me, and most of the players I've been fighting with have been over 8mil. Has it stopped me from taking villages? No. Have I lost any villages to them? None. What it came down to was coordination, Activity and Experience. I was much more used to fighting then some of my enemies, I had a better position than others, Others crumbled and failed to function entirely when given over 1k incomings. Moral of the story? their points, gained through barb munching and gifted villages were effectively useless when they didn't know how to use them properly. However, the biggest factor in a war-hardened tribe succeeding is...

c) Tribal Coordination: Let's consider the BBC Gangbang that recently started. ASYLUM, who have had a large amount of experience in war, including a 4/5 month crash course in fighting two tribes that coordinate well, are well used to war. At the start of this (I don't know what it's like now) they were outnumbered 6:1 by their attackers. What are the scores? Well, nowhere near 6:1 anyway. In fact, it's not even 2:1. the BBC may be winning, but the ratio at which they're winning is atrocious in comparison to what they should have, if relative points difference is what decides whether you'll win or not. A well coordinated tribe, half the size of their enemy, can easily push back their opponents if they work together, strike together, and keep up the pressure, and a tribe which is hardened in war, with smaller but more experienced players, can easily manage this.

Finally ... I took too long writing the last part, and forgot to write down what my last point was. You may assume that it completely crushed any other argument that you had :p

In essence, the game balances itself. Players who don't fight for their vills don't know how to use them, and will lose them to better players. When the game gets slow, stimuli are introduced, like half price packets, which double the effective rate of nobling. Finally, a tribe of 40 could own the world if they all had 2.5 continents each. A crazy sounding proposition, but there is under 25mil points in any one continent. that means 2.5K's comes to about 62.5mil. The rank 1 player on w2 right now has 40 mil, after about 3.5 years of playing. So a tribe could theoretically manage to take every village in the world in... oh, about 3,4 years. Feasibly, it would probably take more towards a Decade :p

However, it is all entirely possible, and it won't necessarily be the mergers who do it.

DeletedUser

Never going to happen...

as a reference point ... the number 1 player on w4 has 3400 ish villages at this point in time (I <3 ismaild) ... and world four has been going for quite some time. (3+ years now i believe)

oh i slightly innebriated right now too ... so umm to relate to the "Tribal" emphasis wars part ... he's in my tribe in world 4 and obviously w19 ... tho he is the quiet beast :icon_razz:

just foreshadowing what you all have in store :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Once I become active again I will prove you all wrong and conquer the entire world by myself(it can be done,if everyone sends me there resources LOL).

A lot of you have made good points about the game getting boring once you become a "big" player...but the game is never boring as long as your fighting wars(if it is then tribe needs more enemies or stronger ones)...that's why I love XLR(there is always an enemy or 2 to fight!

LOVERLOVER

once i become active again i will prove you all wrong and conquer the entire world by myself(it can be done,if everyone sends me there resources lol).

A lot of you have made good points about the game getting boring once you become a "big" player...but the game is never boring as long as your fighting wars(if it is then tribe needs more enemies or stronger ones)...that's why i love xlr(there is always an enemy or 2 to fight!

turtle power!!

jimmy513

Linky - This was managed in 3 years. the total points in the world, if you look at the tribes, comes to a little over 400mil. Considering the fact that he already has 130mil, It would only take him half the time again to get another 70mil, if that, bringing him to 200mil, half the entire points value of the world. Considering a constant rate of expansion based on the previous expansion of the account (certainly feasible), that would bring him to 200mil in, oh, about 4.5 - 5 years. That's a little bit less than 100, no?

and on a side note, I guess you haven't heard of half-priced packets, kindofabigdeal. the stage at which they are introduced varies, but when it is offered the world gets to vote on whether to halve the price of packets, assuming it goes though, that would cut the time needed in half.

I think it is when the world has less then 1000 players?
I know on W13 we just got them a few weeks ago.
And we had to repeatedly appeal to TW about it before it happened.

Doomkill22

i believe in w7, the number 1 tribe literally owns half the world