Why So Serious?

DeletedUser

Ok, this is a much different PnP than I am used to doing. However, I really felt the need to do this one as this has been a question that has long been burning in the back of my mind. This is a game, correct? And games are played for fun, are they not? Well then, why is it you come across these people who simply don't seem to be able to get any fun out of the game? Recently, as I am sure most of you savvy forum goers know, our good friend Link sent out this wonderful message to many of the leaders of the major tribes in this world:

[spoil]
link11223454 on 06.08. at 20:06
Greetings to the leaders of the Top 20 W48 Tribes.

I come to you today to speak about some very delicate matters regarding a discussion I had with a few famous (and infamous) W48 (and ex-W48) players.

Well, so far, this world has been tainted with what many consider "huggles". Here's looking at [ally]Quay[/ally], at [ally]EB-GBs[/ally], at [ally]Khaos[/ally], at [ally]Risen[/ally] and pretty much all of us at one point or another.

A curse of noobs, some call it. A means of avoiding war, others say. Ruins the game, that's the buzz.

Well I say, wrong! The endless supply of merging and intermingling and feeling the common love between enemies is perfectly acceptable, only problem being we aren't doing it right!

So I write this not just to explain the situation, but to propose an idea. An idea that will surely cause the tall pillars holding this world up to crumble and fall, only to be replaced by giant, fluffy, pillows.

I bring you: "The Family"

The Family has long been flamed in Tribal Wars as a scapegoat for n00biness. Little do most players know how wonderful it feels to have hundreds of players backing you up and cuddling you as you build your spear nukes.

Let us be technical for a moment and crunch the numbers. In our Twenty tribes, there are 1200 players. We would be correct to assume about 50 of them are inactive and are getting crunched up, if not more. That leaves 1150 players. Add to that number all the players in our respective family, brother, sister, academy tribes, we can get a number at or about 1500.

That leaves 1500 players to put into perfect 120 member tribes (any less is a sin, of course!). So, 1500/120 = 12.5 tribes. The .5 tribe can merge into them some continental tribes to reach the 120 member limit. That means 13 tribes, together, ruling the world, through peace, love, and all that is good in the world.

Call me an idealist, but if an idealist is supported by the masses, he gains a foothold. Imagine if an idealist is supported by leaders, the ideas become reality before one can figure out how to time an attack on an enemy tribe!

Once we proceed to merge our way into 13 perfect 120 player tribes, and have set up our diplomacy to include all of us in the "Allies" section, we must rename our tribes. No Fam1, Fam2, Fam3, or what not. We are all equal here, numbers are not approved. We will have a massive vote to choose the theme for our tribes, although I am strongly inclined to name them after a list of Care Bear characters or Ice Cream flavors.

Of course, this is still a work in progress and I will accept all suggestions and improvements, albeit they don't involve war, enemies, or anything this game stands for!

Thank you for taking the time to hear me out, and I'm sure you will all be absolutely delighted to follow up on this idea! After all, all previous evidence suggests that we are up for a massive merge between us all anyways! Might as well do it properly!

Much love, bears, hugs, and non-alcoholic beverages.

Truly,
-[player]Link11223454[/player]
[/spoil]

I applaud Link in his effort to bring humor and to make fun of this world's supposed penchant for playing Tribal Hugs. It was one of the funniest things I have seen in quite awhile.

The flip side, though, is it sparked a horrible response from one of those gun ho, take no prisoners, act before you think type players in !UN! In the spoiler is pretty much the whole conversation on our forums today. I didn't feel like doing the whole screen shot thing, so you will have to live with the copy and paste version. The only thing I have changed is some editing, to make it conform to the forum rules:

[spoil]
CCFCtrendy said:
family ? what the hell? i dont want to be in a family tribe un is un end of.

why all this hugging crap all of a sudden? maybe howey seen it coming? he was no hugger. i hate that [expeltive deleted].
kseb said:
Unusual_sarcasm_notice.jpg

CCFCtrendy said:
way things are going with all this hugging everybody will quit. grrrr

tw is tw if u wanna hug and make friends join sim city.

or play facebook or whatever.

getting beyond and i know for fact im not the only one getting pissed off with it.

kseb said:
Dude, seriously? You can't spot a joke when you see one?
Not to burst your bubble, but the whole family thing is a massive joke.

CCFCtrendy said:
dont find it funny and why arent we at war? no wonder loss of activity and good players, we need war, is this a building game? hmm let me think....no i wont think il nip out buy some lego blocks and play build a village.... maybe i build a bridge so everybody can unite? [expeltive deleted] that.

kseb said:
Actually, it's a strategy game that incorporates both building and war.

But, on a side note:

OffInternet.jpg

CCFCtrendy said:
what do u mean u sanctimonious sandman? ur instigating sim city while quite happy to piss off everybody in the process all the pictures and [expletive deleted] remarks dont change the fact the tribe is going down hill because if people like you.

CCFCtrendy said:
[expeltive deleted] it u want me to end your game?

not a problem sleep with 1 eye open pall.

why is it the crap players always mouth off?

kseb said:
CCFCtrendy said:
why is it the crap players always mouth off?

You should really think about this post right here.

But, since I can:

[image removed]

CCFCtrendy said:
watch ya back last comment from me.

kseb said:
CCFCtrendy said:
watch ya back last comment from me.

I always love to see players who are tribe players like you. :icon_rolleyes:

This is a game. This isn't real life. You shouldn't be taking real life this seriously, let alone a stupid game.

But, hey, I'll watch my back, you watch the PnP. ;)

CCFCtrendy said:
funny kid, watch out for the crossed swords in da right corner of you screen ;)

kseb said:
You are definitely the best type of tribe member. One who would attack a fellow member just because you didn't like something they had to say. You say it is hugging that makes people quit this game. I say it is people like you who can't take a joke who ruin it for the rest of us who are here to have a good time and to laugh and to enjoy all aspects of the game.
[/spoil]

So, I don't know if this has a point, other than to push Trendy's buttons some more. I really think he takes this game too seriously. But, before I wrap this up I want to pose this question to you: Do you take this game way too seriously? If you do, well, the burning question for me is, why? And if you don't take it so seriously, what do you think about the players who do?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

oh, i totally take the game too seriously...

Im not in the middle of !UN! and still attempting to flame them ;D

I wanna noble CCFC really badly now :(

louisachewit

Lol, I don't take this game seriously at all. I don't mind getting infractions (To much), I don't mind losing a village (To a extent) but as long as I have fun it's good. Also I don't really play this game to build my villages and all that. I play it for the community, the community of people known as Pyker, Lewder, Link. They make the game much funner than sending 50 attacks to a noob :)

DeletedUser

:p lol, i didnt know you could "play" facebook :p must be an epic game ;D

DeletedUser

that mail was awesome, how you could take it that seriously ill never know tho. That poor guy must be wound up so tight, I'd hate to know him in RL :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Ok 2 things, Kent my name is not on that list and I have seen CCFC go off twice now LOL last time was on me when howey added me to the skype chat and he was convinced that I was a spy when all that was being discussed on that chat was a fight between me and a couple members that ended up in !UN! and me and those players were having a laugh about it. You can ask any player that fights with me in game I mail them alot and joke around with them. I am now personal allies with one of the players that severely stunted my growth in the begining and we still talk.

DeletedUser

im not real serious about the game. Im more for being in the community and talking with funny people like pyker42 n lewder, but I wont lie I love rimming people who take this game seriously.

DeletedUser

HA pyker serious thats a bigger joke than not wanting a howey hug

DeletedUser

If you are referring to me and believe that I take this game seriously, then you do not know me at all.

He flames you in a private forum, you try to mock him in the public forum. *shrug* whatever.

I guess the real subject of this thread is which is worse: Passive Aggression or Aggressive Aggression.

DeletedUser

He flames you in a private forum, you try to mock him in the public forum. *shrug* whatever.

I guess the real subject of this thread is which is worse: Passive Aggression or Aggressive Aggression.

Why should my tribe be the only one who gets to see someone get so totally owned for being an idiot? :lol:

If you notice, he tried to flame me for something I didn't even say(at least not seriously, anyway), then he got all butt hurt because he didn't find the joke funny and started ranting about how the huggles were killing the game.

I'll also say this, I backed up my threat. I told him to watch the PnP, and here it is.

DeletedUser81336

I play (or played) tribalwars with a serious-fun style of play, if you know what I mean.

DeletedUser

pyker, nothing you just said refutes any part of my comment. just for the record.

Oh, and you should know that Link and trendy agree. It just so happens trendy didn't seem to realize Link was being sarcastic in order to make a serious point.

Last edited by a moderator: