World 64: Global Teaching Tribe

• Thread starter Cats Axe Rams Nobles
  • Start date

DeletedUser

A big problem I see is that people refuse to self reflect when they lose. To much of an impulse to try and rationalise it the wrong way in an attempt to validate themselves or justify why they lost. You cap your skill very early, and learn very little. Sure experience and practice play a big part in being good but for some people if they just self reflected more their results would improve rapidly.

DeletedUser

The latter. The problem isn't the members being taught, it's the members teaching. There hasn't been a well led and well organized attempt since W26.

Are you sure? On UK I've led a couple of rim tribes and as much as I've tried to filter applicants and filled the forums with digests, I've never seen more than one or two members even comment on them, let alone act on them.

Most people just don't see the competitive side of TW, or dismiss it as irrelevant (Well, they tend to put it a lot less eloquently...). A person has to want to learn, if a teaching tribe is reaching the right audience, even an average player such as myself can pass on a lot of knowledge. I don't think a teaching tribe should be about getting people to the top ranks, but rather giving them a decent understanding as a foundation, then letting them learn from their own mistakes. Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, etc.

DeletedUser1082

Leadership here seems solid, idk about the members, personally i write a fair few guides and was going to make a guide thread soon anyway

DeletedUser

my tribe is still small. however if i have a place there i would appreciate it