World 9 Blog (Questions and Comments here!)

rbh135

Unfortunately yes :\
My internet is a lost cause though so forget about it :\

samulis

A possible solution as well... try this one on the second link page:

Wait for the play button to appear, wait a minute (don't do anything in the background) and press play at the end of the minute. This way, if the file either has to download or 'stream' from the site, it will have time to 'collect its self'.

rbh135

That was a good effort tbh :D
So it directly opened, the music did not queue though who cares :p
I clicked on the bonus features and it froze :\
tried it again and clicked on stats and froze again
whatever I did, it froze. Guess it was never meant to be :icon_cry:

samulis

Hmm... I still feel bad... I will try to make a low-sized no-music poor-quality pictures (or none... they're not that important anyway... other than the maps...) one to be uploaded and posted on a second link.

samulis

I am proud to announce that the next blog should come out at the end of May. I am extremely sorry about the incredibly long wait... I got tied up in other projects and real-life issues.

zerointelligent

I am proud to announce that the next blog should come out at the end of May. I am extremely sorry about the incredibly long wait... I got tied up in other projects and real-life issues.

Nuff excuses, you were lazy, its understandable :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Laziness hits me... literally all the time. Currently it is 10 to 11pm. I have a greek civilisation coursework at about 5000 words due in at 2nd period tomorrow morning at school. And guess what! Ive done 200 words :)

wolstein

Can't wait to see it. I hear it will include some improvements :)

samulis

SPOILER ALERT! IGNORE THIS POST IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED BY THE CHANGES!

Just a few improvements I have planned. If you don't want to spoil the fun of seeing new changes, then don't read this!

• The standard .swf (interactive video file) will be much smaller because I am making it so it streams audio that I upload separately, that way, you don't have to wait 20 minutes to play the movie... and it also lets you decide which song to play and if you want to pause or change the volume, it's your call. Lastly, that allows me to use better recording quality music... and saves a LOT of scripting.

• Scrollable features... that means I can display nearly limitless amounts of graphics and text in a small area.

• Copyable writing in the War Stats department... thus letting players directly quote and copy the stats I post up... and also copy the blurb I write about the war.

• Extremely small and almost completely text-only version for poor internet connections or weak computers... I might also make a basic .doc document or something too.

• A new part that features little blurbs written by yours truly, the leaders of the top 5 tribes, hopefully monthly. These purpose of these is to display the un-censored bias and opinion, along with hard facts, utilized by leaders of the world, along with displaying the diplomatic and charismatic abilities of those leaders. It also allows leaders to directly contact much of the world and write against other leaders of the top 5 tribes, who are given the chance to rebuttle. That will hopefully spark debate on the forums and among the people.

• MABYE a new way of doing maps... but that is still a big MAYBE... and in the works.

samulis

I feel accomplished... today I sat down and wrote four articles. Here's the picture of what that page will look like (there is a small problem in the last articles' title):

twblog_s2-1screenshot.png

I also worked out how I am going to do the Low-quality version and made the navigation system, so I'll be all set for next weekend.

DeletedUser

I think the blog should also include dxn99's Greek Civilisation coursework. We need to see if he gets as aggressive in his coursework as he does in the forums.

"Damn you teacher! Sparta was far superior to Athens!"

samulis

Only if you can get him to come forward with it.

I would enjoy presenting such a work to the world. XD

samulis

Update on the situation: Still waiting for the DNS and TW to come forward... all the other interviewees have replied... Both have said they would in a day or two yesterday, so it's all waiting.