World War-Alliances and Scenarios

Snowbrand

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I like short fictional novels. When will the next edition come out?

The only thing I would like to point out is Jheeez isn't the only tribe stopping Cicada from a world win. There are many talented players in MUNCH and PMS. This is my first world since W86 so don't be offended if you are in a tribe I didn't listed. I simply am not caught up with the newer great players, or older players playing under new names.

With the settings here honestly it won't matter about talent when it comes to win this world. It will come down to which tribe masters the op planning with the settings. You can have great players, and great leaders who can't adapt to the no outside tribe support rule with watch towers and never figure out how to defend the villages they take and therefor will never win this world. With the challenging settings this world offers. The winner of this world will be the tribe that learns to adapt their op planning to the settings of the world.

Would you honestly bet your money on either Munch or PMS to beat Cicada without merging with them? Just a honest question. Got some experience and from what I've heard about Munch I can't see them beating the Spanish and Cicada tbh. PMS is a big tribe and they could suprise me, but I think they would crumble if they had to face Cicada alone based on my experience. Just my two cents tho

Last edited:

Radioactive

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Would you honestly bet your money on either Munch or PMS to beat Cicada without merging with them? Just a honest question. Got some experience and from what I've heard about Munch I can't see them beating the Spanish and Cicada tbh. PMS is a big tribe and they could suprise me, but I think they would crumble if they had to face Cicada alone based on my experience. Just my two cents tho

Well I honestly think all tribes even Cicada are still adapting to this world settings and I think no matter the talent or leadership within a tribe. This world will be won by the tribe that stays active even after poor op performances, and adapts to the world settings. Not based on talent.

So my opinion is yes both Munch and PMS have talented players and without being inside their tribe to see how they are adapting the settings I can't answer this question any better. But if they learn to adapt to the settings and not try and win this world like a normal world then I think they both have a shot for sure.

Mastah

Reaction score
I think it is important to keep in mind the starting premades. SINTM family, Cicada and JheeeZ among the larger tribes right now if I can recall correctly. It takes a lot more work to build up a good tribe within the timeframe of the world compared to already have that put in place. Even if we in PMS should for some reason manage to climb to the number one spoit pointwise I think that all these tribes currently utilizes their troops more efficiently. Hopefully we can manage to remedy that come a final war should we get there, but I think that the favourite to win the world should be among these three tribes as long as any of them remain in a competitive position.

At the moment we have a SINTM & Cicada war against JheeeZ and that seems highly unfavourable for them so in my mind Cicada or SINTM family is the most likely winner at this point. I believe that a war between SINTM family and Cicada without any outside intervention would be a pleasure for every objective player to watch.

//
M

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I think that the favourite to win the world should be among these three tribes as long as any of them remain in a competitive position.

Premades often come with more problems than other tribes, unless handled exceptionally well. A solid leadership and an attentive player base is all any tribe needs to do well, and often premades collapse from their own internal issues or become targeted by other premades. Case in point, there were about 6 premades that went South-East on 112. There are only 2 now left standing, who have been in an evenly matched war for close to 120 days. The other 4 were all targeted by either Cicada or JheeeZ purely for being premades or else imploded because either their leadership or player base wasn't 'solid'.

Personally, unless I have 100% confidence in a premade's leadership (which I have personally found severely lacking in the vast majority of premades I have seen since the W60s), I would never join them as I'd expect them to collapse far faster than any tribe set up once a world starts :)

Deleted User - 3135

Premades often come with more problems than other tribes, unless handled exceptionally well. A solid leadership and an attentive player base is all any tribe needs to do well, and often premades collapse from their own internal issues or become targeted by other premades. Case in point, there were about 6 premades that went South-East on 112. There are only 2 now left standing, who have been in an evenly matched war for close to 120 days. The other 4 were all targeted by either Cicada or JheeeZ purely for being premades or else imploded because either their leadership or player base wasn't 'solid'.

Personally, unless I have 100% confidence in a premade's leadership (which I have personally found severely lacking in the vast majority of premades I have seen since the W60s), I would never join them as I'd expect them to collapse far faster than any tribe set up once a world starts :)

Leader of premade states leading premade most exceptionally difficult task...

Surely you don't really believe that. 2 out of 6 premades might be left in the south east, but how many non premades are left there? Would you really expect all 6 premades to still be around 7 months in?

You're viewing non-premades through the lense of survivorship bias while using the reverse logic for premades, it doesn't make any sense.

The challenges may be different, but non-premades quite clearly face the more difficult task.

Mastah

Reaction score

I definitely understand your point. Although I suppose the premades that still are left would have collapsed already if they had difficulties with leadership and therefore now maybe has the advantage of a tight group and good leadership? If you already have worked out ways to structure how you sort everything from how to request deff, snipes etc. in smooth ways before and everyone is on board; I have a hard time to see that as an overall negative thing.
Of course those are stuff that you generally work out along the way if you manage to get to endgame, so far from PMS side though; we have not really been in any major defensive struggle together and I am sure it will take its toll on us sooner or later.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Although I suppose the premades that still are left would have collapsed already if they had difficulties with leadership and therefore now maybe has the advantage of a tight group and good leadership? If you already have worked out ways to structure how you sort everything from how to request deff, snipes etc. in smooth ways before and everyone is on board; I have a hard time to see that as an overall negative thing.
Doesn't this also apply to non-premades?

More to the point, no premade is ever identical to a tribe you've run on another world; just like how sports teams keep their same name, but each year's team is very different from the last. The same strategies, tactics, and leadership methods you've used before might not work. But in a premade, you might have the idea that they will. This is why championship teams in sports often tend not to win the championship the next year - they try to do the same things over again, but the team isn't the same, and it just doesn't work out the same way.

Starting a tribe from scratch mid-world forces you to rethink things and develop strategies that will work in that specific situation. Meanwhile, others may underestimate you, thinking that you don't have the same cohesion. In theory, premades should be better than other tribes. But that's often not how it works out when you take into account the fact that there are people playing this game - not robots. We're not perfectly predictable, and human factors lead to results that wouldn't make sense on paper. That's the fun of the game.

Blue monke6

Reaction score
Pre made/non pre made. I dont think all that really matters too much. Your leadership makes or breaks a tribe. If your leadership has whole tribe buying in and putting in the effort, then pre made/non pre made wont matter. Its up to your leadership team to keep the tribe active and engaged for 9+ months to win a world. All good tribes have talent. The level of engagement is what seperates.

Blue monke6

Reaction score
For example. Cicada has a strong leadership structure. They are open and transparent and let the whole tribe know why we do things how we do and the reasoning behind it, so even if you disagree with what they want the tribe to do, you understand the reasoning behind it. And if that ends up being a mistake they own up to it, and they do the best job they can to make things fair. And that kinda tribe brings the best out of their players.

In this world, most of my tribe would consider me a fairly team first beast, in past worlds and even in NP earlier, without a strong leadership structure, i was known as a headache and a pain in the ass to try to duke that wouldnt do more then the minimum. So that just goes to show you the differences a good leadership team can make. They bring the best....or the worst out of their players

Mr.Hustle

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
For example. Cicada has a strong leadership structure. They are open and transparent and let the whole tribe know why we do things how we do and the reasoning behind it, so even if you disagree with what they want the tribe to do, you understand the reasoning behind it. And if that ends up being a mistake they own up to it, and they do the best job they can to make things fair. And that kinda tribe brings the best out of their players.

In this world, most of my tribe would consider me a fairly team first beast, in past worlds and even in NP earlier, without a strong leadership structure, i was known as a headache and a pain in the ass to try to duke that wouldnt do more then the minimum. So that just goes to show you the differences a good leadership team can make. They bring the best....or the worst out of their players

besides strong leadership structure, right diplomacy in this world is really important, I think no tribe will ever win without an ally in this world settings, take for example the Jheeez alliance, Cicada-Sintm alliance, PMS -SINTM-WB alliance, Munch-Run alliance those premade tribes still recruit other players strong ones to make their core group stronger, its still up to the leaders on what direction they would take

Salvador Dali

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
besides strong leadership structure, right diplomacy in this world is really important, I think no tribe will ever win without an ally in this world settings, take for example the Jheeez alliance, Cicada-Sintm alliance, PMS -SINTM-WB alliance, Munch-Run alliance those premade tribes still recruit other players strong ones to make their core group stronger, its still up to the leaders on what direction they would take

what is this? a (somewhat) coherent and sensible comment from Hustle himself?

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Leader of premade states leading premade most exceptionally difficult task...

Did I say that? No.

No need to put words in my mouth. What I actually said was this:

Premades often come with more problems than other tribes.

These are what I find happen more in premades than ingame recruited tribes, generally speaking. There are of course exceptions such as Cicada, as I don't think I've really seen most of the below issues here.
- More egos
- More players clashing
- More players attempting to force their way into leadership roles (although this does seem to happen more often than it used to in non-premade tribes)
- More arrogance
- More people ignoring diplomacy
- Higher expectations from other tribes (which can make diplomacy more difficult)

Ergo, often more problems to deal with.

In an attempt to preempt what I'm sure will be another arrogant post that seems to believe that you know me and my way of thinking:

This is a personal, subjective opinion. Which means it doesn't have to match your own views, and can still be my opinion.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3135

The reason you have more players to deal with in premades is largely because you have more players. Non-premades tend to not have 1-3 coplayers each. Usually they have none at all.

From your perspective as leader it's annoying because there's more to deal with, but that doesn't stop it being a huge bonus when it comes to creating a good tribe.

Having those coplayers there without needing merges which often lead to incompatible matches and players quitting after a merge (even when they do accept) and the tried and tested coplayer partnerships who always stick to good premades because they want to win, is a massive massive advantage.

They also tend to have a much larger network in which to draw from, while they play with many of the same unit of hardcore players world after world and take turns pp farming. These are all advantages non premades simply don't have.

Arguing that there are challenges or requirements that are synonymous with either type of tribe doesn't negate the advantages that premades have.

No one is diminishing cicada or others merit in getting where they are. And while the challenges may be different, it seems disingenuous to say those challenges are equal. Because they are not.

Last edited by a moderator:

idontfight

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
These are what I find happen more in premades than ingame recruited tribes, generally speaking. There are of course exceptions such as Cicada, as I don't think I've really seen most of the below issues here.
- More egos
- More players clashing
- More arrogance
- Higher expectations from other tribes (which can make diplomacy more difficult)

You cant honestly say that multiple people in your tribe ran in to this issue?

As an ex-member of Cicada, i can vouch that they did , no matter what you say.

valtheran88

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
What is really going to happen is for the first time since I came back I will be truly left alone to grow until it is far to late and I will pull off the first solo account win...Probably not...probably will have more incoming after this post is finished...hey though it would be nice.

Mastah

Reaction score
I thought it could be interesting to split up the winning tribe in brackets of 1 vs 1's until only one is left ;) We'll see if I can get to the point where I can make that real. (Although after this comment there might be a chance that I will be removed from PMS leadership before I can implement this even if we should win)

Radioactive

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I think it is important to keep in mind the starting premades. SINTM family, Cicada and JheeeZ among the larger tribes right now if I can recall correctly. It takes a lot more work to build up a good tribe within the timeframe of the world compared to already have that put in place.

As googly said perfectly and I think a couple others touched up on it. Pre-made's honestly often lead to cocky players who don't do the proper preparation for a long world. With personal experience I took a tribe of only 1 world winner all recruited in game based on farming/scaving and wisely getting ODA based on villages captured. We took on a premade tribe which mainly pp abused. Went to war with them walled their first op. Instantly started causing ciaos within their tribe. Had 3 of them message me to join my tribe. Our first op on them we took 68 villages. After one op they split into 3 different tribes and we shortly started rimming them all.

So premades almost never lead to world wins without great leadership to keep everyone focused on the main goal, with great players who understand their roles within the tribe. Even the 800k player backline plays a vital role in a tribe and needs to remain active as he may be one of the first ones to snipe and save frontline troop soldiers if trains are coming from long distance. Or provide frontline stacks with long range trains to move the enemy defense around. I can go on and on about how vital even the smallest player is to each tribe.

going2killu

Reaction score
At a practical level it makes sense for premades to run into issues. For me personally, after winning a world it took me some time to regain the hunger I used to have to do well, and I'm sure that turnaround isn't instantaneous for many people. The amount of worlds won by premades is pretty small, iirc