World War Z part 2 : Humans vs computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I really think your opinion doesn't matter. Go talk like that somewhere else.

And if your opinion were relevant or even well-considered I might have asked for it. Given I haven't I don't really care what you have to say. If you dislike my posts, you aren't forced to respond.

DeletedUser

Why dont you tell us what account he plays ? Also njc never said they will be gone soon. He said they will be gone, and hes right eventually they will be.
^ see what happens when you skim text going2killu?

DeletedUser105025

Dam, can never turn that bot off.

If you're in |TheR| F. then yes, eventually your villages will be gone. Once we take them from you :)

Feel free to remain anonymous, but what account do you play in game ?

go
o 10 8 N
o 10 9 N
go

DeletedUser107808

borg1.gif

I guess this is |TheR|'s view of Auphan ?

nowitsover

There was already a Auphan-|TheR| war thread here so I am directing the discusion back to this one.

I have been thinking a bit about Auphans timed OP:s as it seems to be difficult to defend against (Just thinking out loud atm so feel free to correct me anytime if there is anything wrong with my way of reasoning here).. There is no way to just stack all villages getting attacked (which you are not supposed to either.. You cover the frontline and snipe incoming trains heading further back and those you can`t, you recap asap - common knowledge). Although if a mainly frontline account receives about 70-80 trains hitting at the same time, it`s kinda hard for the defending account to take care of those. It is hard enough when getting massnuked/faked continously and keeping troops from getting killed at home (..unless you aren`t a certain njc3).

As this is a game of teamwork both offensive and defensive, simply one or a few not too far and mainly backline account(s) needs to take care of the sniping by sending support trains . The distance is of importance so best to use is HC (good thing nobles are so damn slow so you can tag them and inform in advance). HC is covering more than one K distance with less than 24h. Making a almost full HC pop will take at most about one month.

I am just playing with the thought of having a total of approximately 120 HC villages not too far from frontline and those are being commited to t-train support to OP:ed villages. I don´t think this is an unreasonable idea. It is of high importance to prevent an OP to succeed and in my personal opinion, a couple of accounts co played and able to send t-train support should be able to cover most of the trains. If it`s about split nuke trains, 500 HC each should still prevent losses. I think it is also reasonable that every village should contain a minor amount of HC for sniping purposes.

The above are a mix of the larger |TheR| accounts (+ZIPS F. & Auphan F.). There are a couple of them suitable locationwise for the task (not telling who is where, anyone familiar may probably figure things out anyway as it is). Also as long as there isn`t a focused and well timed mass counter with as many participants as possible, only defending and split efforts of attacking will not gonna be enough. If I had to choose an area to counter on, it would be K47, focusing on one front at a time to exhaust the targets while trying to minimize losses on other fronts each time.

I am a neutral nub who isn`t even really playing anymore. I also actually cheer for Auphan for several reasons as an outside viewer. Just putting my opinion here as I am expecting a good show and wishing good luck to boths sides.

If the way I think is flawed, it would be nice to get some other opinion. This is after all a game and I think there is no harm in sharing opinions about strategies.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Although if a mainly frontline account receives about 70-80 trains hitting at the same time, it`s kinda hard for the defending account to take care of those. It is hard enough when getting massnuked/faked continously and keeping troops from getting killed at home (..unless you aren`t a certain njc3).

Wanna know my secret? Suitup sucked at pulling off their ops. In the op where all three tribes threw in a little against me I had trains landing over the course of two days. This is why they weren't successful; I didn't even have to snipe any trains because i had so much time available to rotate D and kill each individual train AND it's preceding nukes (in most cases), all this while maintaining my own frontline stacks. It's easy to defend when no one knows how to attack. I also had eaten away most of suitup's front around me so that it was localized and the frontline stacks that I maintained with my own troops weren't as numerous as they would have been in the past.

DeletedUser

If the way I think is flawed, it would be nice to get some other opinion. This is after all a game and I think there is no harm in sharing opinions about strategies.

Actually, as per the closed auphan v. TheR thread, it is apparently off-topic to discuss and share strategies about the relevant war on the relevant war thread. But no matter. Your strategy is something that involves too much logic for anyone to process... Plus I don't think either side would be able to pull it off tbh.

nowitsover

Wanna know my secret? Suitup sucked at pulling off their ops. In the op where all three tribes threw in a little against me I had trains landing over the course of two days. This is why they weren't successful; I didn't even have to snipe any trains because i had so much time available to rotate D and kill each individual train AND it's preceding nukes (in most cases), all this while maintaining my own frontline stacks. It's easy to defend when no one knows how to attack. I also had eaten away most of suitup's front around me so that it was localized and the frontline stacks that I maintained with my own troops weren't as numerous as they would have been in the past.

Still, it`s an accomplishment. You were attacked over a long period, you weren`t sucking mass support, was involded in all three fronts and sat accounts as well.

Edit:
Actually, as per the closed auphan v. TheR thread, it is apparently off-topic to discuss and share strategies about the relevant war on the relevant war thread. But no matter. Your strategy is something that involves too much logic for anyone to process... Plus I don't think either side would be able to pull it off tbh.

I think and hope it might pass as relevant.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Well, if everyone can agree on a topic that's different than the thread's original topic, then I will have no problem allowing it (this was sort of what I was doing before, but not consciously, so it wasn't consistent). But when people are discussing multiple different topics in a thread, that's when I'll go and remove the off-topic stuff.

So if everyone's talking strategy, I have no problem. If some people want to talk strategy and some people want to stay on-topic, I'll remove the strategy talk. But for the moment, since there's not much discussion at all, I have no problem letting it go, or even contributing my (probably incorrect) thoughts about strategy if someone wants.

DeletedUser105025

Well, if everyone can agree on a topic that's different than the thread's original topic, then I will have no problem allowing it (this was sort of what I was doing before, but not consciously, so it wasn't consistent). But when people are discussing multiple different topics in a thread, that's when I'll go and remove the off-topic stuff.

So if everyone's talking strategy, I have no problem. If some people want to talk strategy and some people want to stay on-topic, I'll remove the strategy talk. But for the moment, since there's not much discussion at all, I have no problem letting it go, or even contributing my (probably incorrect) thoughts about strategy if someone wants.

Feel free to delete any talk of botting or cheating from this thread.

If you could change the name so it becomes relevant once again, say ' Auphan vs TheR ' or something along those lines.

DeletedUser

Still, it`s an accomplishment. You were attacked over a long period, you weren`t sucking mass support, was involded in all three fronts and sat accounts as well.

I never touched -a-.. too scary :lol:... or I just like clustering too much

Feel free to delete any talk of botting or cheating from this thread.

If you could change the name so it becomes relevant once again, say ' Auphan vs TheR ' or something along those lines.

And thus the joke thread becomes the serious thread...

DeletedUser105025

If it was a joke, then the hundreds of posts before hand in other threads would have been enough, and this wouldnt have been created.

The reason why this is here is in spite of them losing the war.

Thought you'd have know that much at least.

DeletedUser

You aint won yet,bots or not.

Do the robots do rebulding once an account gets catted?

DeletedUser

Well at the time of the said "on-topic" discussion of strategy was involved, the "off-topic" (and illegal) discussion of cheating/botting was taking place. So just because the guy's post was in a sea of offtopicness and illegality, it was deemed as such and consequently deleted. So straying from the topic of discussion, despite the going discussion's topic-relevance, is considered off-topic in itself. Good to know

In honor of maintaining consistencies, the following post should be removed. We are discussing strategy and nothing has been brought up about botting/cheating in this thread for several days/weeks, until he mentioned it, which is straying from the topic of conversation, unless nowitsover's convo topics are so inferior they are dismissed within a couple hours. :( Harsh world we live in, I'd say :icon_cry:

Feel free to delete any talk of botting or cheating from this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.