Worlds Ending Early

DeletedUser

I am definitely unsure if other people have noticed this as well but. Going through different worlds, are people not seeing more and more hugging/merges/families? World 6 has been around and there were a far greater amounter of wars than on some of these earlier worlds. Yet, if you look at some of the other worlds maps...It is already dominated by TWO TRIBES, or in some cases the world is already decided.

Does the older worlds just have a more aggressive tendency compared to the newer worlds?

Just an example: http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=143664

DeletedUser

I thought at one point world 6 was decided. Although world 6 has proven me wrong XD
not sure who will win now, just a pile of inactiveness. If all the active members made a tribe, probably make about 50? if that. They would win it.

DeletedUser22924

older players are far more aggressive than newer generations of players.

Why?

Because we know, no other way:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

i am definitely unsure if other people have noticed this as well but. Going through different worlds, are people not seeing more and more hugging/merges/families? World 6 has been around and there were a far greater amounter of wars than on some of these earlier worlds. Yet, if you look at some of the other worlds maps...it is already dominated by two tribes, or in some cases the world is already decided.

Does the older worlds just have a more aggressive tendency compared to the newer worlds?

Just an example: http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=143664

matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

I know this post is kind of dead, but I got bored this morning and decided to check the old W6 forums..Basic definition is d-e-a-d. Still, this post intrigued me because it's things like this that cause most of the old school players to quit the game. There is no way a world should be decided that soon. I played on W6 for almost three years and the world never even got close to looking like that. Sad days in TW, really. The game has changed to wiping out the noobs as quick as possible and hugging the players who can beat you. No longer about politics and strategy really. Makes the game boring, which is why I'm pretty sure I'll never be returning. Anywho, hey guys, good to see a few of you still around.

DeletedUser

If you ever do think of returning shauntage, let me know. I have a project coming up for TW after the summer ;)

bloodz2

The way poeple play the game has changed no longer do they cluster build but vills are streched are far as the eye can see

DeletedUser

The way poeple play the game has changed no longer do they cluster build but vills are streched are far as the eye can see

True enough. Old school players could take a map that looks like this:

(Top left corner of a single continent (K20 specifically) because that's all the villages they had):

TROUBLE-1.png

Turn into this:

(Showing 16 Ks because map has changed significantly):

mapphp11.png

And do it in under two months.

Players like that don't seem to exist in this game anymore.

lt181

Old school players < Newer players. That's a generalization that I only half believe. The part I do believe is that old school players that don't learn what new players have to teach become irrelevant. Tribal wars evolves not unlike everything else in life. Adapt or get eaten. That's a good morale.

silvereclipes

You have to adapt if you even plan on playing long term if not then you will be owned by those who have,I am always learning new tricks to use against someone else if I don't learn something I start getting a mite worried I am losing my touch.Mega clusters are a help but having small scattered clusters make the game more interesting in testing your defending skills an test your attacking skills as well since you can't just send everything at once like you can from a mega cluster.

Jakub1992

Sure new strat has come out, things have been worked out better than they ever were before. But what you are forgetting is that the stuff the newer members are learning, generally comes from the small community of old school players who are still playing seriously. There is no doubting though, that tribal wars has as a whole become easier to learn, with all the guides floating about and teaching tribes ect... I hate to say it, but back in my day we had none of that, rather cliche, but true. You had to find the forums on your own, get on there, get flamed over and over again and eventually if you showed enough intelligence and had the basics down on your own, someone might take you under their wing, it was either that or progressively playing in better and better tribes and learning everything they had to offer.

To put it short, it used to be hard, now it's easy.

But that is not to say the knowledge of old tactics, does not come in useful. Plus despite being able to teach two protegees of mine how to play just as well as me in theory, they had all the tactics, could do everything that needed to be done and could gain top 20 in a world and hold it for a month within around 6 months and 2 worlds of me teaching them, in a real war situation, they were helpless, it's like learning to drive a car, sure a new driver can do it perfectly under good conditions, but they have to think and concentrate really hard while doing it, so when it get's dificult they simply don't have the time and fall to pieces. Whereas an experienced driver doesn't think any more about controlling the car, than he would walking. That is what seperates a new player and an old player and most the time that is all that needs to be present to tip the balance. Anyone can learn the facts and figures, practice the strat. But to think under pressure, to know which strat to deploy on a whim and to react. That takes time, it takes experience and there's only one way to do it.

Aside from that, tribalwars at the highest level is about discipline and adaption in equal measures at different times, to recognise the difference at the correct time, comes with experience. Pure strat isn't enough, the same thing will never bring the same results. It is the human element that makes a game that is so rigidly mathematical, so random and most of all playable.

So no, I would not agree that new players are better than old school players >.>

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The problem with the new worlds are that established players go in groups with supporters who are not going to stay on. So they get fed villages and grow fast. Core groups dominate the startups and then merge quickly and eat each others smaller players. Then they hit into the rim and work back to the core. And they simply merge the bigger guys and swallow the smaller ones.

My opinion is that the game has no hope of surviving because only experienced players are dominating. So the playing group base is shrinking fast because newcommers have absolutely no hope. They have access to all these new premium account facilities that makes it easier, but they have no hope of using it because it only makes it easier for the bigger players who benefit more because of their multiple villages. Stategy helps you nothing if your not here 24 hours a day. You try and back time an attack when your sleeping against a player that never sleeps and doesnt work. LOL. Stategy Strategy and skill.

Strategy to get your wife not to maon when she knows your are playing.
Strategy to get online when she doesnt want you to play.
Skill to not get cought while playing by snitches who tell your wife.

This game is not really that complicated.... theres the basic elements ingame multiplied by time spend playing it. 100% on all the elements times a 15% factor for time means you have no hope.

Its like cycling days. There are the professionals who do nothing else but cycle and they will always win against the okes who are there to see how the wheel works without a motor driving it. But if those okes werent ther to admire them....then they would be cycling to nowhere permanently and proving to themselves that they are the better cyclists. This while while the other okes are driving next to them in their cars and showing their kids ,..... look guys those are the cyclers I told you about.

I think the game is inevitably won by co played accounts of single people with no private life and who are unemployed but can still afford the band width time.

I think a world where no co playing is allowed would be best. And players with below average points should get 50% growth rate bonus for buildings and troops. If you can prove your married you get a permanent 50% growth rate bonus Then I can also feature. LOL.

I must tell you.... I was freaken shocked to find out that they allow co playing. If I had known that like 2 years ago.... it woulda been. click...on to the next browser based game. But now.... Im here to see the professional cyclers ride from my own bike. and yeah.... I help them pump their tyres when their support teams are to slow. LOL.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If you guys really wanted, you probably could just merge and end the world... But where's the fun in that I guess?

Jakub1992

merging is not the w6 way and that is why we have some of the finest players ;)

silvereclipes

yep W6 has been a war world always, we are not huggers like allot of the other worlds have become we would rather fight then stoop to the level of hugging.

DeletedUser11014

yep W6 has been a war world always, we are not huggers like allot of the other worlds have become we would rather fight then stoop to the level of hugging.

Lol, huggers of world 6 unite, oh wait you already have :icon_redface:

Shame on you.

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
OK so now all the personal allies are at last in the same tribe. Its gonna be fun to see them fight alongside each other instaed of against each other.

DeletedUser

why do you say that ??

Maybe cos everyone is in the same tribe... this is no way to end a world