Worlds Ending Early

DeletedUser

Since this world is on the way to finishing, does anyone want to last minute join Jakub1992's pre-made tribe?

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Ok, i see a few mistakes here.

i know for a simple fact, that NEW PLAYERS > old schools.

I have several examples, but wont mention names. As pointed out, guides, scripts, and cheat sheets are everywhere. I have recently started three new worlds, and seen an awful lot of skills coming out of players who only played from w40 onwards.... o_O

I know, its kind of ridiculous, but TW as a game has evolved. Backtimes, hc nuke strats, even methods of farming more efficiently have been shown to me by newer players than w30... There are more than a few old schoolers that refuse to learn new ways, adjust to the metagame of their new worlds, etc... I am willing to bet not more than a handful of you could start in a new world core, and survive very long, or do very well.. And by you, i mean remaining w6 players.

Here is where several of you voice up about how you did start a new world, blah blah blah> Did your new world hug? were there several merges within a short time of nobles coming out? Because i do know what it takes to start a new world core, and not many people from this world (or even w30 people) could start and succeed....

As for the crap about W6 being a war world? are you kidding me??? In the times of hire and its seven families, F-F and its family of three tribes, plus BDR fam! What about O~Sin and A~sin, and all the naps/alliances and dirty deals that Nakoro made in his time??? Then what happened with the most recent bullshit i saw, when mick was leading HD into that uber merging of 60+% of the world???

Dont pretend w6 was all that much about war, because if it truly was??? more players would have quit by now, and you would have fewer players. Worlds where there is more fighting run out of players faster, as they are forced to leave- nothing increases real life issues like massive incomings... w6 has always had its scum and losers that lingered on the edge of the world, doing nothing, hiding...waiting for the skill players to leave. There was a laundry list of those kind of players, i just never got around to making sure they didnt survive. Case in point is Tornado.. that kid and his old man could never play, yet he is a top player here, and still hugging around...and was leading a shell of my former tribe, Fear, last i seen...

If you guys actually fought around here, there would be a lot less players.. Get er done, instead of merging your way to the finish. Im actually disappointed to state that i made my start in w6.... :icon_eek:

DeletedUser93439

Just gonna lower that statement a bit.

Some here know it, but I'm playing saradoc for some time now so I just come here and lurk a bit.

I've been playing since W2 (you can check if you like) and have done multiple coplays, merging accounts etc. Every world has his good and bad players (obviously).
Wether you call it a war world or not doesn't make the world. I've seen the bad sides of such an old world and the good sides (which I'm sure some here who read the ingame forums will know what I mean).
Surviving in the starting core of a world doesn't hang on skill alone, neither on scripts or whatever, a great deal of it is the luck that you don't end next to other equally good or better players than you (or some freak with more time on his hands).

Every world likes to pretend its the best, don't shoot at them for that, its normal, certainly on such old worlds as they have been WORKING on it for so long now.

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Just gonna lower that statement a bit.

Some here know it, but I'm playing saradoc for some time now so I just come here and lurk a bit.

I've been playing since W2 (you can check if you like) and have done multiple coplays, merging accounts etc. Every world has his good and bad players (obviously).
Wether you call it a war world or not doesn't make the world. I've seen the bad sides of such an old world and the good sides (which I'm sure some here who read the ingame forums will know what I mean).
Surviving in the starting core of a world doesn't hang on skill alone, neither on scripts or whatever, a great deal of it is the luck that you don't end next to other equally good or better players than you (or some freak with more time on his hands).

Every world likes to pretend its the best, don't shoot at them for that, its normal, certainly on such old worlds as they have been WORKING on it for so long now.

ya, well the new worlds there is a much higher learning curve than any in our time on w6.

I am pajuno, i had an account here a couple years ago... and i was the one that triggered the largest war to date in w6 history... I know what this world was like, and have been watching it for some time now from afar. This world was a war world early on, but then the stache guys left.. and once they left, the world became a hugger world...After Snafu and i deleted, this world kind of nose dived into diplomacy and friendly hugging.....

Again, visible proof is so many players still here. Im just using w30 as an example, but we drive players to quit all the time... Its part of every day war.. in three years on w6, i NEVER was pressured as much as i have been on w30. Wars were slow, leisurely nuking fests, and nobles had no nobling range that i knew of... Maybe that lends to the lifespan of some accounts, but i highly doubt it.

one of my small regrets is that Nuewar is no longer on the map.... Those guys were the legit cockroaches of W6... could never kill them!

ps. dude, activity is a skill...

DeletedUser101510

I gotta agree with Pajuno on most of this. Sadly, it took me until W46 to really understand how to snipe properly and farm like crazy just to grow (Embarrassing... I know). The game has really changed since early W6 times. One thing I do have to say, though, is that W6 is really where all the fun was. Though it wasn't really with major fighting across the map, the fun was within the tribes, within the forums, where I had reason to stay for three years. Over in K49, not much went on after the times of Troy and END fighting Sin/Or.D/Smurfs to barely hold our ground.

Btw guys, Sajoco17 here, with another...new...account. (DANE's been coplaying me, so he may choose to post from here too).

DeletedUser93439

Activity is not a skill, it just shows who has the most time on his hands. By that statement, a pc with a bot running on it could be called highly skilled.

DeletedUser

I agree with Pajuno.... as the worlds progressed so did the skills of players. To be honest i learned much more on w15 then on w6, and when i played w38 i added even more techniques i hadn't known thanks to various experiences among great players.

In such games activity is a necessity.... you're not active, you're not good, that point stays valid for any mmo. The fun part of the old worlds was that if you were a tad bit inactive you still could have survived. And honestly, you didn't really have to wake up at 3am to snipe a train or pray to god that your sitter knew what to do. Also there were a lot of people that didn't know to play the game so good which led to a variety of experiences that were rather fun, in my book.

But yea w6 was quite a laid back world lol If i played here as i played on w38 i would have probably been much much bigger then i was when i quit. Was kinda three quarters a n00b then.

And in comparison to players in new worlds today, i would be a n00b too since i totally forgot how to play it, and activity ain't my forte xD.

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
One thing I do have to say, though, is that W6 is really where all the fun was. Though it wasn't really with major fighting across the map, the fun was within the tribes, within the forums, where I had reason to stay for three years. Over in K49, not much went on after the times of Troy and END fighting Sin/Or.D/Smurfs to barely hold our ground.

Hey sajoco, vaguely recognize the name..

This part of your post, i whole heartedly agree with ... I loved the forum banter, the forums, ingame spats/etc via msn and eventually skype... :D This world still has a ton of memories for me.. But that said, its still upsetting the way the world will be ending... Rivalries are what made up for the lack of real fighting.. ingame and pnp...

Anyways, Marcus, yes.. activity is a skill. I work 14-16 hour shifts, 45-85 hours a week depending on business... plus i maintain a healthy social life outside of work and tw. I use my online time efficiently, and wisely.. to get the most from my account. I have been under constant cat attacks for well over a year.. with maybe one month total time free from incomings in that entire year. Yet only the last few weeks have i finally lost some villages, due to inconvenient online times... But i still manage. That takes skill. (and an amazing ability to work that many hours on 4 hours sleep nightly!!)

DeletedUser93439

That's efficient use of your time and I certainly agree that that is an important skill.
But there's also the real nolifers that can be on 45-85 hours a week and sit there on tribe forums etc. I am sure you know the type from newer worlds. Those are active too, but they don't use their time efficiently thus lack that skill that you (amongst others I'm sure) are very good at.

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Of course, we all know those types of players... But their activity can be a skill, just by being able to send at you nonstop cause they are online all the time. They also may make more mistakes, and forget to follow up due to forums and skype..

In reverse, the people of older worlds (myself included when i was playing here) could go a day or two without logging in, or take a night off to watch movies... But they become complacent. I think that most of the players left in these older worlds at this point, would be hard pressed to convert to a new world.

That said, im sure there are some fossils here that have adapted to new worlds, i myself have done quite well. but few and far between... i just see an awful lot of players stuck in old habits, and getting slaughtered while doing it..

l0rd i0n

yes i agree w6 was basically where I learned the most basic parts of tw ->w26 i learned how to properly fight and send trains w43-> I was pretty darn good and i learned to farm as well, but i wouldnt have been able to do that without learning to attack and noble correctly on w6

AND activity IS a major part of the newer worlds, ie farming the most=more ressies=more troops and quicker nobles=more oda and villages

silvereclipes

Starting any of the newer worlds activity is one of the most important parts of the game,farm till your fingers bleed get your troops up get more villages farm even more keep growing at a faster rate ect. as for W6 I miss the days of the gheyness of STACHE an all the fun we had here, then allot was all the forum spam we would force tatars to patrol an clean up not to mention the craziness we had in our own forumes or the wars we fought, we had our fun an when the rest of the guys an gals left only a few of us remained behind an without them W6 lost all the meaning we enjoyed.I am sure if they an all of us had known about scripts we would have all stayed longer but we were old school to the core rebuilding everything by hand which is a pain when your so big that you lose the enjoyment of the game but that is the what ifs that keep dancing in my mind of old age of being one of the last STACHE players playing on TW but even I am losing interest in the game when you play so long an have lost all those you knew an had fun with.

DeletedUser22924

Ok, i see a few mistakes here.

i know for a simple fact, that NEW PLAYERS > old schools.

i think that statement is wrong, mostly because you are only thinking of the few jewels you have found, in a great ocean of bad players.

the average old player WILL in general be better players than the average new player.

just because you found a few gems of new players who learned quickly does mean that newer players are better.

that is just wrongfully, interpreted, anecdotal evidence.

P.S on the subject of why newer worlds end sooner, is not because new players are more hugging or luving each other too much.

i think it is because the amount of strong pre-made tribes formed by old-school players, in every single new world, the newer players simply can not handle the strong pre-made tribes, one shining example is w32, and the tribe Time!.

i think it is also a reason of why the TW playerbase, keep getting smaller everyday, it is because in truth it is extremely hostile to new players.

Last edited:

DeletedUser100313

I have played a lot of worlds, and the only world that was a better war-world then w6 was w19. But then again, w19 has a max of 40 members / tribe. w54 for instance was down to 2 tribes without 1 decent war between equal tribes. w26 had a couple decent wars, but none that didn't end in a huge merge quickly. w29 had a couple good wars early on, but was dominated by 1 tribe pretty quickly. There have been other war worlds, but I have seen few that were so exciting as w6.

Yes Pajuno, you need to keep learning to be able to keep up with the competition, and a lot of 'old skool' players forget that because they think that they know it all since they once achieved something in the past. But you're saying only a couple players will be successful on newer worlds? I'm sorry, but most of the players that were the better players in their time here on w6, have already proven that they weren't just lucky or that they failed to adapt to newer strategies/skills. I'm not going to name names, because the list of skilled players that have been very successful new worlds is a very long list.

~Warham

Mick876

To the point of HD, i would like to point out the reasonings behind it. As you are well aware paj the time i was spending on W6 fighting wars, as you often complained i was spending too much time fighting on W6. The new HIRE took 1000's of caps against Or.D. The purpose of HD was not to hug the world, but to take the active members of Or.D and then declare war on the remaining tribes in W6, Which happened. If HD have hugged the world since my depature then thats out of my hands, but when i was co-duke with onny the last thing the 2 of us wanted to do was hug the world and eat barbs and inactives.

Mick876

Although i would like to point out the frustration i had with players who did just want to "Hug" within that tribe, if only all the active members had that fighting desire, but as paj has stated alot of the members of HD did just want to do that, log in once every 2 days, and casually noble barbs and not have to dedicate any time to the game what so ever.

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I have played a lot of worlds, and the only world that was a better war-world then w6 was w19. But then again, w19 has a max of 40 members / tribe. w54 for instance was down to 2 tribes without 1 decent war between equal tribes. w26 had a couple decent wars, but none that didn't end in a huge merge quickly. w29 had a couple good wars early on, but was dominated by 1 tribe pretty quickly. There have been other war worlds, but I have seen few that were so exciting as w6.

Yes Pajuno, you need to keep learning to be able to keep up with the competition, and a lot of 'old skool' players forget that because they think that they know it all since they once achieved something in the past. But you're saying only a couple players will be successful on newer worlds? I'm sorry, but most of the players that were the better players in their time here on w6, have already proven that they weren't just lucky or that they failed to adapt to newer strategies/skills. I'm not going to name names, because the list of skilled players that have been very successful new worlds is a very long list.

~Warham

Ahh.. but war, how many on that list have kept restarting new worlds? Im referring to the many that have and still do play old worlds, and have not really started a new world in a while. They will get uber owned, period.

I know most of your list, some of them i have run with at various times, and others i have kept tabs on over the years. for the most part, old schoolers think they know it all and wont adapt to new times...

And castro.... Im not just referring to the few "gems" in my tribe. there is a whole list of players in the top echelon of w30 that started on that world... And every world i start, i find new players that started in the last ten worlds, that make MY head spin... :D

The average player now will kick the hell out of any average player way back when...