XL punishment is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven Devils

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
View attachment 10472
The account gained more ODA than ODD during the "forced internal". The argument for this being legal is "We're saints we'd never cheat. Look we killed 2 nukes at home", the evidence for sub 40 day pushing is sending majority of the accounts troops at the enemy then nobling the (probably near) empty villages. To me it seems clear that the numbers outweigh the credibility of XL to not break the rules (provided you "accidentally" broke them earlier).

On the osrs reddit (there is no used forum) people moan about their bans and sometimes the mods come and destroy the cheaters life (given sometimes incorrectly). It would make my week to see this style TWmod smackdown in this thread, but we can't :(

We understand how this looks 100% , never said anything else. Thats why we sent a TICKET asking if this was fine, the respons was "IF force is used its fine"

Check the walls, would you down walls on FL villages if they were free?

IF it was our account, why wouldn't we have waited 2 more days to make all of this legal?

Pretend you are in our situation, you know you did nothing wrong. Would you accept this costumer support? I get that you are our enemy and you don't care about fairness, so...

mindGames

Reaction score
I had no contact to any mods yet, but It seems like they are doing a terrible job. There as been so much obvious pushing alias "nobling a village built by a friend without making ODA". This has been obvious to everyone and had real impact on the game. By doing that the players got real advantages and their growth accelerated. There are cases where people get small village penalties for pushing and can directly recap them, so that they still have a advantage from the pushing, despite the punishment.
And now I see all this banns which are the complete opposite. Now the mods take huge impact on the game for a rather small rules offenses. What XL did was obviously stupid, they could have waited 2 days. But they got only minimal advantage of it and the punishment has caused them enourmos harm.
Moreover it seems very biased, since only some tribes get punished while it seems that others can do what they want.
It is like before the XL bans mods used water guns but against XL they use took out the nuclear weapon.

Kinda ironic that XL is destroyed by mod bans, despite they might have been the only skilled tribe which didn't start with push accounts, which helped by cleaning and gifting villages.

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Two points worth to mention:
  • When banned, you are told which rule you breached, and if pushing, you get to know which account were classified as your push accounts.
  • Everyone gets permbanned, but is lifted after appealed and accepted any given punishment. True Permbans are very rare.

Mc DaDdy

Reaction score
Two points worth to mention:
  • When banned, you are told which rule you breached, and if pushing, you get to know which account were classified as your push accounts.
  • Everyone gets permbanned, but is lifted after appealed and accepted any given punishment. True Permbans are very rare.
how did you know it was perma? that was quick!

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
how did you know it was perma? that was quick!
What the fuck are you talking about, people wrote in this thread that the bans were "permbans" and making it sound worse than it actually is, since they give you a permban until appeals are done.

I mean the announcement states "merging" and "if you want to play together, you should start together"
This is clearly not that kind of situation.

Although I agree it's hard for the support team to differentiate if this a case of pushing in disguise or if the events actually transpired as the XL players described I think there are a few important factors that should be looked at.

No one with a reasonable brain will risk getting 5 main accounts banned by internalling a massive account 2 days before the merging rule ends when they don't absolutely have to.
Even if this is a case of pushing, the mods have to realize that banning 5 frontline accounts of a tribe under fire and outnumbered, should be handled very carefully, which was not done here at all. In no way should this situation lead to 5 permabans when more obvious cases of much heavier pushing such as the Lite User case has led to him getting 2 villages removed and a 24-hour attackable ban.

That is just plain unfair

Deleted User - 10017355

What the fuck are you talking about, people wrote in this thread that the bans were "permbans" and making it sound worse than it actually is, since they give you a permban until appeals are done.
He's taking the piss because a number of people created accounts today to accuse anyone who knew about the bans soon after they were added of being in the mods pockets.

PAUL WALKER

Reaction score
If you scan your items and pay at the check out and realise you didn't pay for all items, did you committ a crime? Well, yes, it is shoplifting. However you did not intend to do it, correct?

In the same way we were caught the first time, we were not aware. The second time, we had sent tickets making sure we could do this, Googly approved of this, thus we continued.

Now we get hit 8-10 days later. We have a moderator telling us, it is fine - Go ahead. But all the sudden we are called liars.

We got hit on the 40 days rule, nothing else.

I hope you get the same treatment one day, do not call it unjustice then.

If the account is throwing all of its troops and suddenly all defence on the enemy in FL position and saying "I will be quitting" or some dumb shit like that, would you be like "Ya, we will wait 2 more days. I mean, the enemy will also get hit by the 40 days rule if they noble them before us" ?

This wasn't a internal, this was a forced internal on some dude who wouldn't even listen.

To all of you above, you miss the point. I get it, you are in family and are hoping you will get a shitload of villages, and you will. But we will fight you for them to the end while giving them away to other tribes. Now that is beside the point.

My point is, we as a community - Should we accept poorly handled support tickets? It was XL this time, who say it can't be someone else the next time? I am sure other tribes and players have had a pretty bad experience with the support. We should demand better and more fair support.

Well Seven, they are doing their best. IT AINT GOOD ENOUGH. We had GREAT customer support on the Swedish server - That was NEVER an issue, why is it now so difficult to keep the same level of support here?

No, to those of you who agree with me regarding better support - Demand it. Don't just settle and agree to take any BS from support.
Your statement would be valid if the acc out suiciding his troops didn’t send a cm to entire XL stating “kk boys I sent out all troops on enemy now noble me” and also stating in other ingame mails that he was told to send troops out by leadership before quitting.
Not even going to mention that this “random troop suicide” on the family stacks was followed by noble attempts on these family villages by these now banned accounts.

Deleted User - 11105474

M9276c9.gif

TG Smurf

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
same people saying now the punishments are overly harsh that only a couple of days ago was claiming the punishments was only a “slap on the wrist”

Elagabalus

Reaction score
Yea because a couple of days ago the punishments were 1 or 2 villages barbing and now they are permabans, there is something in between there that would be a happy medium

Draw the Owl

Reaction score
Punishment seems harsh. There is a world in which the player actually sent out all his troops and genuinely quit with no intention of pushing or gifting, and XL acted accordingly and took them by "force" as advised by the support team, as if it was any player or enemy, but were able to take them fairly freely as the troops belonging to the account were dead. The support team then decides to assume ill intent rather than to err on the side of caution, which I find crazy considering the potentially world-defining consequences for the affected accounts.

Also makes me wonder, let's say a player genuinely quits, who's allowed to take those villages, barbed or not? Tribe? Allies? Randoms?

-Done*

Reaction score
If a player quits you must let enemies take them. Otherwise it is considered pushing

PAUL WALKER

Reaction score
Punishment seems harsh. There is a world in which the player actually sent out all his troops and genuinely quit with no intention of pushing or gifting, and XL acted accordingly and took them by "force" as advised by the support team, as if it was any player or enemy, but were able to take them fairly freely as the troops belonging to the account were dead. The support team then decides to assume ill intent rather than to err on the side of caution, which I find crazy considering the potentially world-defining consequences for the affected accounts.

Also makes me wonder, let's say a player genuinely quits, who's allowed to take those villages, barbed or not? Tribe? Allies? Randoms?
That’s a ridiculous assumption to make based on all the evidence. The issue has never been “lol tribemate quit we can’t noble them?” The fact has been that it was a preemptive action by XL and just blatant pushing.
1. The player who “quit” literally sent out a CM to the entire tribe that he’s quitting and sent all troops on family stacks.
2. The family stacked villages had a noble op on them from the other XL accs that are now banned, timed to land after Lord Samas troops. (Timed nobles after lord sama troops hit)
3. Lord Sama(push account) admitted in ingame mail that he was quitting and was burnt, so he was instructed by his leadership to send all troops on gypsywarrior stacks.
4. The whole push rule was broken before by XL and now broken for the second time. “Emptying out villages for friends of tribemates” before 40 days was not allowed.
5. The acc was a front account and Family had an op landing on the front 12 hours later, XL knew this due to a spy and therefore got Lord Sama(who was very inactive at that time already) to send out all troops on family stacks which were essential to the Family OP as they had numerous noble trains built in the villages.
6. The excuse of “oh it was day 38 who cares” fails as if the acc wasn’t internaled that day, those inactive player villages would have been lost to Family due to Family OP. That’s why XL got greedy and internaled the account early, as to not lose those front villages and ALSO hit Family stacks to slow down the Family OP.
7. Those DV villages being emptied on Gypsywarrior stacks meant that XL saved 15 frontline nukes not having to clear them to take the villages, which you cannot lie is a big deal.
8. I forgot to add this one, the two villages “xL cleared” were nukes that were sent to empty out on Gypsywarrior stacks, but the stacks were broken and therefore those nukes traveled back home. The intention was for XL to NOT use a single troop internaling “Lord Sama” account,
9. As Seven Devils stated: “we took down the walls in these villages so it’s definitely forced!!!”. Lmfso as if wall levels have any value compared to frontline stack preemptively cleared and all troops sent out, meaning free villages instead of using 2+ Front nukes to clear a DV.
10. The players “defending” XL cheating are doing so because they gain politically on the world from it. Obviously these tribes don’t want Family to noble XL villages and grow, so I do get why others are defending XL even though there was huge outrage against lenient bans as late as yesterday.
But keep up with the excuses, XL has tried to bend the rules from the very beginning with the 30% double dip, the grey area pushing which queen salt got a ban for and now they got too greedy and they got caught with their pants down.

Last edited:

TG Smurf

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Yea because a couple of days ago the punishments were 1 or 2 villages barbing and now they are permabans, there is something in between there that would be a happy medium

the punishment was loss of the villages and 48hr attackable ban. Just like with everyone else. If the punishment has been increased XL only have themselves to blame for mod bashing and using abusive behaviour.

the truth of it is the only reason XL have reacted the way they have as it was a convenient excuse to quit a war they know they couldn’t win

Status
Not open for further replies.