Dust Empire V.S ~LS~

MichielK

Well, that's a rather insane way of looking at being part of a family. What's the point of starting a family if you're not willing to fight for eachother?

Oh, right...looking big. I forgot. Duh.

DeletedUser

What are you talking about? I said that these stats have nothing to do with most of the tribe. My tribe, Dust~2 are fighting a different war right now so why would we be supporting our other family tribes when we're already too busy. The same goes for Shroud and most of Dust. These stats are Dust~3 and 1/4 of Dust vs LS so it has no indication of the strength of the whole family at all. Do you research on our wars before you talk in this forum again.

Ever hear of the expression, "We're only as strong as our weakest link"? Does this not hold true?

If they are family, you should support them! Other wise, they are just a tribe that shares your name.

DeletedUser

Ever hear of the expression, "We're only as strong as our weakest link"? Does this not hold true?

If they are family, you should support them! Other wise, they are just a tribe that shares your name.

Did it ever occur to you that we are in more than one war right now? We can't support other tribes when we are being attacked ourselves can we? Understand?

DeletedUser

These stats are Dust~3 and 1/4 of Dust vs LS so it has no indication of the strength of the whole family at all. Do you research on our wars before you talk in this forum again.

I just need to make one thing very clear here....

You are not "fighting all of LS" but rather only about 10 LS members. And that estimated number is quite high I assure you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The 10 ~LS~ members who have more points than K97? True enough we haven't even gotten close to fighting all of them yet :p

MichielK

Did it ever occur to you that we are in more than one war right now? We can't support other tribes when we are being attacked ourselves can we? Understand?

In that case:

A) Your diplomacy sucked since it generates more enemies than you can handle
B) Your expansion strategy sucks since it put you in this position
C) Your branches are going for personal glory at the expense of the livelihood of the family
D) All of the above

Which one is it?

DeletedUser

In that case:

A) Your diplomacy sucked since it generates more enemies than you can handle
B) Your expansion strategy sucks since it put you in this position
C) Your branches are going for personal glory at the expense of the livelihood of the family
D) All of the above

Which one is it?

As Ende said, we didn't declare on anyone, we were declared on by other tribes. No tribe can stop another tribe declaring on them even if they don't attack the other tribe once. It's the other tribes who are going for personal glory here, not us. Our expansion strategy is fine, my tribe are all in the same areas in K89 and K99 and no one is isolated from anyone else.

DeletedUser

Try taking out one of your enemies first then concentrating on the next one, etc. etc.

DeletedUser

As Ende said, we didn't declare on anyone, we were declared on by other tribes. No tribe can stop another tribe declaring on them even if they don't attack the other tribe once. It's the other tribes who are going for personal glory here, not us. Our expansion strategy is fine, my tribe are all in the same areas in K89 and K99 and no one is isolated from anyone else.
Actually you can. Talk to the leaders of the other tribes, get to know them, check up on them every once in a while. Other than that I advize you keep your players from doing stupid things and that you don't try recruiting from other tribes (not saying you did, it just usually happens with family tribes).

If you keep on good terms with the other tribes, its very unlikely they'll declare war unless something major occurs. Not many people will want to fight their friends.

Now to sum up everything I just said in one word: Diplomacy

Which like MK said, yours must suck if you are in a lot of other wars.

DeletedUser

The "~LS~ war" is probably treated as just a minor skirmish by ~LS~, and the Apocos war in K88 is not really a war anymore after half their players deserted or tried to jump ship (ninjayat tried to jump ship, and since even we knew he was a major whiner, we forwarded his message to whoever was in charge in Apocos and he got booted).

See diplomacy isn't any use if there's another way to do it. C2 is a 85 million point tribe. Would you bother with diplomacy before you ate a smaller, 1mil rim tribe?

DeletedUser

Actually you can. Talk to the leaders of the other tribes, get to know them, check up on them every once in a while. Other than that I advize you keep your players from doing stupid things and that you don't try recruiting from other tribes (not saying you did, it just usually happens with family tribes).

If you keep on good terms with the other tribes, its very unlikely they'll declare war unless something major occurs. Not many people will want to fight their friends.

Now to sum up everything I just said in one word: Diplomacy

For the record we have been cool with every war, in fact we have positively encouraged those who have so far to declare on us... we have needed room to expand and have done so through the wars. The reasons others have declared on us is usually cos they thnk they can take us out and were brave enough to have a go. Everyone knows that the dominant tribes in each K attracts the mercenaries who simply hate u for your size lol

We are very organised and u wont find any rogue invites or hits on 'dangerous' tribes unless theyre run past me first... In fact i am the only person who is allowed to send invites from Dust... thats right i had a good chat with myself and decided i was the right man for the job...!

MichielK

Endemonadia, that's a valid point, but pretty far off from what the leader of one of your family branches said:

I'm tempted to believe CBK here, in which case it's bad diplomacy. If you're right, it's a bad expansion strategy. Either way, if you're involved in so many conflicts that one branch of the family cannot support the other, something is going dreadfully wrong.

DeletedUser

That goes on the assumption that 1. one of our family tribes somehow started the war and 2. hes complaining about being at war...

No one in Dust is crying about being at war and ive already stated, these tribes try to jump us. CBK is cool with the few wars we r in and his tribe is doing great in the one its in. Of course he has full parent tribe support and gets whatever he needs from us.

The one point i think ur trying to make, which is valid, is the fact we have kept ourselves in the shadows and not tried to play the game of Tribal Hugs and make as many powerful friends as we can.. Is that something to be commended or criticised... who knows... This tribe has been built 100% on our own efforts with no help from the 'big boys' and by that i even mean trying to collect NAPs from them to stop them going for us... something u must admit ALL of the big tribes do... maybe because their location dictates if they dont then they will be too busy fighting ;)

DeletedUser

~LS~ attacked Dust~3. Dust~3 initiated nothing, they were just going along, minding their own business. But they're doing a heck of a job defending themselves and they're even taking out ~LS~ villages.

It's odd, that the character of Dust is being attacked here. I guess ~LS~ is worried about losing face in addition to losing villages.

DeletedUser

5abriel, I agree with you up to a point. The viewing of this conflict as a skirmish by ~LS~ is probably true seeing as how they didn't post this. I never really watched Apocos, didn't even know they were at war. They just seem to be all over the place.

But your understanding of diplomacy is flawed. Your example would be stupid. We would eat the smaller tribe. Diplomacy is used as a non-violent way of keeping another tribe or tribes who is/are bigger or around the same size from attacking you, not the other way around.

Ashara, villages are taken on both sides in a war. But what Dust 3 has done so far is nothing to be proud of. Look at the stats. They grossly favor ~LS~. Dust 3 has barely scratched the surface. My guess (without looking) is that they just managed to retake some villages that had been recently taken from them. And ~LS~ isn't attacking the character of Dust. As far as I know, no ~LS~ member has really posted here, except maybe Salvkas, but I'm unfamiliar with ~LS~ members. Mostly its MK and myself entertaining ourselves by pointing out the holes in your arguments.

Saved Ende for last since he posted the most. Your first statement about encouraging others to declare war on you is contradicting (something you do a lot of) You say you never declare war, but you want expanding room? That just seems like stupidity to me.

A mercenary is someone who is paid to fight. I'm not sure what definition of mercenary you were going for.

Your lack of proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling leads me to think that you guys aren't very organized if you are the leader.

In the other Dust war thread (by the way, why are there two now?) you keep bringing up the point that ~LS~ didn't declare war and how unfair it is. That seems like "crying about the war" to me.

Once again you contradict yourself. In the same sentence you say you hide in the shadows but you aren't playing TribalHugs...Now to stay in the shadows in this game, you can't really enter any major wars...which means you aren't playing TribalWars. The only alternative is TribalHugs.

And this was also addressed in the other topic. Its called diplomacy and its essential to playing the game. If you don't have any allies or NAPs, you have the possibility of being attacked by anyone at anytime with no help or warning. If you don't have allies of your own to help you, that is your own fault.

I always end up writing more than I originally think I would...

DeletedUser

And this was also addressed in the other topic. Its called diplomacy and its essential to playing the game. If you don't have any allies or NAPs, you have the possibility of being attacked by anyone at anytime with no help or warning. If you don't have allies of your own to help you, that is your own fault.
Diplomecy is good but is eventually broken by one tribe so why be freindly with a tribe then backstab them?

Although it doesnt seem like it i do agree with you to a point but as stated above i dont like backstabbing or being backstabbed. So its personal choice about allies and who you can trust.

thats sounds stupid even to me but hey you will know what i meen i think.

MichielK

The one point i think ur trying to make, which is valid, is the fact we have kept ourselves in the shadows and not tried to play the game of Tribal Hugs and make as many powerful friends as we can. Is that something to be commended or criticised... who knows... This tribe has been built 100% on our own efforts with no help from the 'big boys' and by that i even mean trying to collect NAPs from them to stop them going for us... something u must admit ALL of the big tribes do... maybe because their location dictates if they dont then they will be too busy fighting ;)

That was part of my point, yes. Keep in mind that TW is a strategy game, not a first person shooter. The idea is not to fight as many people as possible at any given time, but to enter only into those conflicts that benefit you or allow you to achieve your goals, while staying away from the conflicts that threaten you and prevent you from achieving your goals.

With that in mind, I see one of your branches (Dust~3) being smashed to bits while another branch (CBD's branch, I think that's Dust~2?) has no chance to help out due to a conflict of their own. That doesn't seem like good conflict management to me.

MichielK

Diplomecy is good but is eventually broken by one tribe so why be freindly with a tribe then backstab them?

If you don't like your allies, don't trust the and are considering backstabbing them, by all means don't form an alliance. However, I see no reason a solid alliance based on trust, communication, mutual respect and a history of cooperation should end in backstabbing.

DeletedUser63994

and how exactly do you know anything about LS? :icon_wink:

it is far better to remain silent and simply look foolish then to open your mouth and remove all doubt :)

Okay i know a lot about LS from marcobergamani. But i do love that quote.:icon_wink: