Dust Empire V.S ~LS~

DeletedUser

Okay i know a lot about LS from marcobergamani. But i do love that quote.:icon_wink:

marcobergamini maybe?
And how does he know about ~LS~? He's not from, nor has he ever been in that tribe.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you don't like your allies, don't trust the and are considering backstabbing them, by all means don't form an alliance. However, I see no reason a solid alliance based on trust, communication, mutual respect and a history of cooperation should end in backstabbing.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

DeletedUser

If you don't like your allies, don't trust the and are considering backstabbing them, by all means don't form an alliance. However, I see no reason a solid alliance based on trust, communication, mutual respect and a history of cooperation should end in backstabbing.

Dude inevetally allies will become enemies it inevital as the world stats coming to an end, so why have an allie when they will become an enemy.

At least in dust we can say we got where we are by ourselfs.

DeletedUser

It's not really inevitable... Do worlds close when there's only 1 tribe remaining? :p

DeletedUser61336

It's not really inevitable... Do worlds close when there's only 1 tribe remaining? :p

No one really knows...Not a single world has gotten to that point yet...Not on a single server...:icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Actually you can. Talk to the leaders of the other tribes, get to know them, check up on them every once in a while. Other than that I advize you keep your players from doing stupid things and that you don't try recruiting from other tribes (not saying you did, it just usually happens with family tribes).

If you keep on good terms with the other tribes, its very unlikely they'll declare war unless something major occurs. Not many people will want to fight their friends.

Now to sum up everything I just said in one word: Diplomacy

Which like MK said, yours must suck if you are in a lot of other wars.

Hehe, I think Ende raised the point that this isn't tribalhugs. The point of this game is to win wars and get to the top by destroying everyone else. Why would we or anyone else want to be allies with everyone around us? If you asked all the most experienced players on this game about this, you would find that you cannot avoid another tribe declaring on yours because any decent tribe will go to war with the tribes near them. It happens all the time on every single world so this is an unbelieveably inaccurate statement that you've just made. Even if you keep on good terms with other tribes...even if you are allies with them, that tribe will usually kick you in the butt at some point. I've seen it happen so many times so please don't try to defend your comment there. I really wouldn't be amazed if HRV for example declare on LS at some point in the future. I don't know that much about HRV, but if they are the sort of tribe as I've been described, then they'll declare on their allies when they are done with them...it happens, you just have to get on with it.

As for not wanting to fight your friends, I've fought many friends on this world. I fight them, then become friends and only when I'm done nobling them do I stop fighting them. This isn't the case for everyone, but you'd be suprised about the number of friends that fight one another. A lot of guys take this as a game so fighting your friends is a lot more fun that fighting some other dude who insults you the whole time.

DeletedUser61336

Hehe, I think Ende raised the point that this isn't tribalhugs. The point of this game is to win wars and get to the top by destroying everyone else. Why would we or anyone else want to be allies with everyone around us? If you asked all the most experienced players on this game about this, you would find that you cannot avoid another tribe declaring on yours because any decent tribe will go to war with the tribes near them. It happens all the time on every single world so this is an unbelieveably inaccurate statement that you've just made. Even if you keep on good terms with other tribes...even if you are allies with them, that tribe will usually kick you in the butt at some point. I've seen it happen so many times so please don't try to defend your comment there. I really wouldn't be amazed if HRV for example declare on LS at some point in the future. I don't know that much about HRV, but if they are the sort of tribe as I've been described, then they'll declare on their allies when they are done with them...it happens, you just have to get on with it.

As for not wanting to fight your friends, I've fought many friends on this world. I fight them, then become friends and only when I'm done nobling them do I stop fighting them. This isn't the case for everyone, but you'd be suprised about the number of friends that fight one another. A lot of guys take this as a game so fighting your friends is a lot more fun that fighting some other dude who insults you the whole time.

He's not saying that you need to group hug with everyone...He's saying to find a few allies worth having and keep them with you...That way they won't attack you at any given time...As for the whole friends thing vs. random guy, that's not entirely true...I get kicks out of making random people cuss and threaten at me...It's just down right fun!:lol:

DeletedUser

No one really knows...Not a single world has gotten to that point yet...Not on a single server...:icon_neutral:
A German server closed before. I saw a map of it from when it ended. One tribe almost completely dominated the world. No one else even had a chance so everyone was quitting so TW just closed the world.

DeletedUser

Try doing a bit of backround research before you open your mouth next time. Ask an experience player? Both MichielK and I are in C2, the number 1 tribe in the world. I'm ranked 158 in the world, and MK is at 26.

Now are you really accusing us of playing TribalHugs? The tribe that is very consistantly the fastest nobling tribe? We are ranked 3rd in ODA and first in ODD as a tribe.

And being a part of C2, I've seen both the effects of good diplomacy and bad. We've bordered Bang!, TKR, =HRV= and ~LS~ for some time now, and with the CND merge our borders also touch those of ORC and Plight. Yet currently we are not at war. Do you think that's just luck?

Do I think allies will turn on each other eventually? Yes. But only once everyone else is gone. That's the point of an alliance in the first place. But as shown by your tribe's lack, you wouldn't know any of this.

DeletedUser61336

A German server closed before. I saw a map of it from when it ended. One tribe almost completely dominated the world. No one else even had a chance so everyone was quitting so TW just closed the world.

Oh? I never knew that one of the german worlds closed...I've been taken down! But I've never really look at any of the other servers...Good eye Jurasu!:icon_wink:

MichielK

Dude inevetally allies will become enemies it inevital as the world stats coming to an end, so why have an allie when they will become an enemy.

I disagree. Only one world has ever come to a complete end, and that was the first world that was ever created (DE1). It was ended because one tribe dominated the entire world, but who's to say that's the only way a world can end?

E.g., why would it be impossible for two or three close allies to ask TW to close their world when they've killed everyone else and decided never to attack eachother?

At least in dust we can say we got where we are by ourselfs.

And C², HRV, Plight, ORC, BANG and LS didn't? Diplomacy is an integral part of this game, and good diplomacy is a prerequisite for being succesful at it.

Quit acting as if it's a somehow inferior way of playing the game when it's actually part of it. That's like building your first village to 12K+ points and saying "atleast I can say I got where I am without nobling" :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I disagree. Only one world has ever come to a complete end, and that was the first world that was ever created (DE1). It was ended because one tribe dominated the entire world, but who's to say that's the only way a world can end?

E.g., why would it be impossible for two or three close allies to ask TW to close their world when they've killed everyone else and decided never to attack eachother?

And C², HRV, Plight, ORC, BANG and LS didn't? Diplomacy is an integral part of this game, and good diplomacy is a prerequisite for being succesful at it.

Quit acting as if it's a somehow inferior way of playing the game when it's actually part of it. That's like building your first village to 12K+ points and saying "atleast I can say I got where I am without nobling" :icon_rolleyes:

if you run to allies when ever your getting attacked you are inferior simple as you just show how much you can look after yourself :icon_rolleyes:.

yo want allies for protection learn to pritect yourself noob

MichielK

Hehe, I think Ende raised the point that this isn't tribalhugs. The point of this game is to win wars and get to the top by destroying everyone else.

Says who? Read my previous post for an example.

Why would we or anyone else want to be allies with everyone around us?

Who said you should be allied with everyone around you? You're either incapable or unwilling to distinguish between playing tribalhugs and playing TW with good diplomacy, and it's getting kinda old.

If you asked all the most experienced players on this game about this, you would find that you cannot avoid another tribe declaring on yours because any decent tribe will go to war with the tribes near them. It happens all the time on every single world so this is an unbelieveably inaccurate statement that you've just made.

That's a very shortsighted argument. War is not the only future available for an alliance. Some alliances (the good ones) hold forever, or get resolved in other ways (e.g. a merger). My tribe has allies, and we have no interest at all in attacking them now or in the future if the relationship between them and us stay the same.

Also, make your own point, or show me proof that all the most experienced players would say that if you asked them about it. Quit hiding behind the "everyone would agree with me if I asked them" routine.

Even if you keep on good terms with other tribes...even if you are allies with them, that tribe will usually kick you in the butt at some point. I've seen it happen so many times so please don't try to defend your comment there.

Considering what I've seen of you, I can imagine that your diplomatic skills would bring on a reaction like that, yes :lol:

I really wouldn't be amazed if HRV for example declare on LS at some point in the future. I don't know that much about HRV, but if they are the sort of tribe as I've been described, then they'll declare on their allies when they are done with them...it happens, you just have to get on with it.

I don't know the extent of tribal relations between HRV and LS, so I can't comment on this. Maybe you should do the same, instead of calling the biggest tribe in your quadrant untrustworthy.

I'd rather fight the guy that insults me the whole time. Sadly, Jurasu is a tribemate so my duke would be pissed off at me. Here's what he'd look like --> :icon_evil:

Seriously though, there are players outside my tribe that I would not fight under any circumstances. Only a few, but they exist. This comes down to the basic point that you're unable to grasp: diplomacy is an integral part of this game. As a result, some people are worth more to me than simply the sum of their villages, so taking their villages would be a bad strategic move.

DeletedUser

if you run to allies when ever your getting attacked you are inferior simple as you just show how much you can look after yourself :icon_rolleyes:.

I see...hmm...

Ok lets take a hypothetical situation. Say Bang! and ORC put aside their differences and teamed up with Plight to attack C2. If we asked =HRV= for help, that would make us inferior even though we are outnumbered 3 to 1?

@MK - Maybe if you weren't three times my age, I wouldn't call you old. Besides, I still remember that comment about marrying my goat

Also, I've talked about this with my friends at school. We decided that a case like this isn't insulting. It's building character. And as my mom said, "You built the **** out of their character"

MichielK

How is that in any way connected to what I wrote?

Check my ODD, and your spelling :lol:

DeletedUser

Its amazing that he can think that diplomacy is not a good thing, while everything that has been successful in W16 (and other worlds, I assume) uses it to its full extent...

Saying that diplomacy is for losers and that even allies are untrustworthy, makes having you in the neighborhood a liability. I can imagine that all the tribes around you are attacking you. Leaving you there is like leaving a rabid dog in a corner.

MichielK

Its amazing that he can think that diplomacy is not a good thing, while everything that has been successful in W16 (and other worlds, I assume) uses it to its full extent...

Saying that diplomacy is for losers and that even allies are untrustworthy, makes having you in the neighborhood a liability. I can imagine that all the tribes around you are attacking you. Leaving you there is like leaving a rabid dog in a corner.

QFT. It's one thing to be unable to form tribal relations, it's a whole different issue to announce it on the public forums.

DeletedUser

@Dust members

If you just study TW history one of the most succesful tribes got where they were with allies or lost because of absence of them.
For example lets take Die. they were considered one of the elite tribes ever and they had a strong alliance with CTRL.
OE on w4 was also considered one of the best tribes ever. They fell because when they went to help their allies other tribes gangbanged them(hence the absence of diplomacy).

Also as to the comment we came to the spot where we are by ourselves doesn't bring to much merit.
1. you don't have a back to take care of.(its like leaning on the wall)
2. You are a family you recruited everything there is to recruit on your continents.
3. You were protected by ~I~ who were so paranoid of us that they didn't even notice you...

DeletedUser

@Romulus13

Hey great to have someone finally post whose not being bitchy and is actually tackling the Dust enigma with a fair analysis :)

To reply to your observations...

1. Very true and we know we are lucky to be in this situation... although that advantage is quickly countered by the fact everyone who spawned in the middle have had months more time than us to grow and strengthen. I know id prefer to have been in the middle earlier than on the rim with a wall behind me lol

2. That is totally untrue. U have simply said what all other families do, we really havent recruited blindy. Our dominance in our area is not from recruiting everyone, its from destroying enemy tribes and taking their villages... our ODA clearly shows this.

3. ~i~ didnt go for us for many reasons and your reason is probably one of the main ones.

DeletedUser

Side 1:
Tribes: ~LS~
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: Dust Dust~2 Dust~3 Dust~5 Shroud
Players:

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 112
Side 2: 4
Difference: 108