The W16 megatribe

MichielK

In diplomatic terms, one argument would have it that the seeds of CND's destruction lay in two events - the ORC-Plight war, and the MILK war.

In the former, CND had allowed it's two main allies to go to war. Honourably, it stood aside and remained neutral... too neutral, perhaps. It didn't (as far as I know) try to get it's allies round the table, and so a prolonged war ensued, at the end of which Plight was nearly at implosion, and a war-weary ORC was catapulted into a war with a tribe called BANG!... who CND had allowed to reap much of the spoils of the MILK war (whilst actively excluding ORC, it has to be said). Ultimately, CND's options ran out, and they were faced with not one, but zero options. C2's attack, when it came, was strong, and CND's allies were otherwise engaged - ORC with the tribe that CND had helped to create (BANG!), and Plight with, well, itself, really.
]

I was not that familiar with the north at the time, so I enjoyed this analysis a lot :icon_biggrin: One point though for the sake of accuracy: CND attacked C² first, not the other way round.

The truly ironic part of this to me is that CND set the tone by staying out of a war between two of their allies, and when they went to war their allies simply followed suit. This limited their chances severely when it turned out C² was able to more or less hold the line: we had rim access, more recruitment possibilities, and only needed to hold the line while we gained bulk and experience.

DeletedUser

Sea i said ive played 8 yes, but ive also had reference from plenty of other players opinions on almost all the worlds before starting this thread... please give me some credit for benig informed on my point lolAnd its 100% that everyone whose played here and elsewhere think this is the most huggy world theyve come across. This is where my view is formed not in the simple 8 ive played. Its something ive heard alot recently and wanted to air it with everyone... Like one of my points says... all tribes have lost players to focus on other worlds and the common reason they leave is that W16 just dont interest them in comparison to the other worlds... Why r they not interested? well their reasons all fall under the umbrella that its too huggy in one description or another (although they dont actually say this exactly theyre all related to this problem)

DeletedUser

Sea i said ive played 8 yes, but ive also had reference from plenty of other players opinions on almost all the worlds before starting this thread... please give me some credit for benig informed on my point lolAnd its 100% that everyone whose played here and elsewhere think this is the most huggy world theyve come across. This is where my view is formed not in the simple 8 ive played. Its something ive heard alot recently and wanted to air it with everyone... Like one of my points says... all tribes have lost players to focus on other worlds and the common reason they leave is that W16 just dont interest them in comparison to the other worlds... Why r they not interested? well their reasons all fall under the umbrella that its too huggy in one description or another (although they dont actually say this exactly theyre all related to this problem)

thats not %100.... ive played on here, as well as worlds 18, 20, 28, 30, 37 and 41..... and i thought that 18 was the most huggy world there.... you cant say %100 unless you have %100 of the opinion....

DeletedUser

im saying the opinion is 100% on the opinion its huggy not that i have reference to all 100% worlds...

DeletedUser

oh i see.......

its still not though. i dont think its that huggy lol :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

im glad u have pointed out u think that 18 is more huggy cos then we have hope! lol ---And of course i can only reference what everyone i know have said about W16 of course... Thats why im asking for people to show me a more huggy world than here!

DeletedUser

Well, if you were searching someone who played, talked with players on other worlds alot (im still in contact with a nice amount) and read the forums longer enough to be able to judge such a thing, I may be your man :)

Ive played all world since W11 and played at least 20 of them seriously enough to be able to compare them, and to have a nice view on .net (yea... I played too on other servers)

In my opinion, I think your right but as I see it, its only slightly more dead, inactive etc...

there are the reasons I would gave

I remember a while ago on the general forum (I think) a thread with a map of every world that existed. the goal of this thread was to see how much barbarians there were, and W16 had the most if we were looking at the map. (things may have changed...) non growing barbs and slow speed gives the nice amount of barbarians here... Maybe on this point we have lost players who liked to make clusters or to grow by barbs simply... But this also gives an aditionnal value to the villages who are not tiny.

This being said, W16 earlier was (still my opinion) slightly more in war than normal because the way to grow at a nice rate needed a bit more nobling between players.

Due to settings again(like world speed) and events on the worlds, many players left W16 and many players also were rimmed (a bit more than normal as explain before) (this occur on many worlds, dont worry I know xD)

Saying also that this world exist for some time already and also new players cant come in for some time... The number of players, and active players cant really show activity as much as there can be on other worlds younger. An old world is less active if we think that less players are playing it. If theres less players with more villages, at a certain point the time allowed to each village decrease also... (on ealry stage we farm like hell, and now we arent doing this hell farming with each of our villages...) This can also be revelant on fighting between eachother. Also, with less tribes, theres less conflicts...

EN10 Enter World 10 Section
707 players, 347,485 villages, 94 tribes
EN11 Enter World 11 Section
1,166 players, 332,980 villages, 90 tribes
EN12 Enter World 12 Section
828 players, 336,211 villages, 98 tribes
EN13 Enter World 13 Section
1,411 players, 318,375 villages, 126 tribes
EN14 Enter World 14 Section
1,073 players, 230,797 villages, 80 tribes
EN15 Enter World 15 Section
1,066 players, 323,034 villages, 105 tribes
EN16 Enter World 16 Section
1,890 players, 309,738 villages, 197 tribes
EN17 Enter World 17 Section
2,160 players, 290,844 villages, 167 tribes
EN18 Enter World 18 Section
1,860 players, 333,756 villages, 169 tribes
EN19 Enter World 19 Section
2,349 players, 311,033 villages, etc...

To compare worlds you have also to compare them when they have the same age, and take in consideration the speed of the world... (a speed 2 world becomes older twice more than a speed 1 world by example, its not accurate like this xD)

Due to the speed world again, you must take in consideration that everything is slower here than some other worlds. The duration of the war is longer, and the duration of recovery from a war is longer, the duration between 2 conflicts is longer etc... Were just in a part that recent and fast changes put the emphasize on what wasnt moving.

My last point is about the merges. being on a slow world (like explain on other posts) encourages diplomacy, so merges are pretty much encouraged also. We must consider that we are humans playing TW so we are not different from the other worlds players, but playing on different conditions. Merges are a good way to end unsolvable conflicts who takes jsut too much time for our patience. If there would be a winner fast, im pretty sure this would not end like a merge... So, saying that the top tribes will not war but merge is false I think, they will probably merge because they warred ;) (remember that your most vulnerable in time of war, and that it can be a wise move to stop being vulnerable to others, and double stronger by the merge ;))

sorry for such a long post...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I thought it'd be rude to post in the other topic without making an attempt at some actual input here so I'll try to say some things that havent already been said.

Endemonadia you identified the simplest and easiest argument against your point of view in your first post. Previous wars, you can't just ignore them; HRV vs ~I~, Plight vs ORC and Guns, Carnage vs CND, BANG vs ORC they all happened whether you'd like to believe it or not. The players who were involved in these conflicts havent gone anywhere, we're still here even if a couple of people have become inactive and no matter how much respect we've gained for our tribemates and those who have ended up on the other side of the various borders we aren't going to lose our violent tendencies. Respect is not the same as fear.

Maybe right now we are in a bit of arms race situation, the more villages full of troops the top tribes have on the rim 5 continents away from a border the higher we can build a stack on the border when the time comes, there are several reasons however that this can't go on forever. Firstly we're running out of rim (well Carnage is at least) and all the other tribes will sooner or later which will put an end to our feeling that we can be better prepared for war in another month. Secondly players go inactive when there's nothing going on to sustain their interest, I know there are people in Carnage who would kill for a half a chance to go noble the nearest non tribe village (hell I think some of them would even go for dark blue ones given a chance). I don't belive the current state of affairs means the world is descending into a tangled web of alliances, I think we're probably in a better position than ever to see some new large scale conflicts brewing.

Sorry for the lack of a coherent argument or point, just a couple of thoughts.

DeletedUser

Nice post auguthy2, very well thought out :)..............Great to hear an experienced player with lots of other worldly experience adding his thoughts... although i dont agree the clique will actually war for the reasons ive stated, its nice to hear a good arguement for why they actually will even if u agree with me that they will eventually merge.............I would like to hear your view on how huggy this world is compared to the others u have played because everyone i know has said this is the most huggy world in TW and i tend to agree... by huggy i mean that the top tribes r all buddied up and wont ever war. Is there another world where all the top tribes r buddied up as tight as here?

DeletedUser

I thought it'd be rude to post in the other topic without making an attempt at some actual input here so I'll try to say some things that havent already been said.

Endemonadia you identified the simplest and easiest argument against your point of view in your first post. Previous wars, you can't just ignore them; HRV vs ~I~, Plight vs ORC and Guns, Carnage vs CND, BANG vs ORC they all happened whether you'd like to believe it or not. The players who were involved in these conflicts havent gone anywhere, we're still here even if a couple of people have become inactive and no matter how much respect we've gained for our tribemates and those who have ended up on the other side of the various borders we aren't going to lose our violent tendencies. Respect is not the same as fear.

Maybe right now we are in a bit of arms race situation, the more villages full of troops the top tribes have on the rim 5 continents away from a border the higher we can build a stack on the border when the time comes, there are several reasons however that this can't go on forever. Firstly we're running out of rim (well Carnage is at least) and all the other tribes will sooner or later which will put an end to our feeling that we can be better prepared for war in another month. Secondly players go inactive when there's nothing going on to sustain their interest, I know there are people in Carnage who would kill for a half a chance to go noble the nearest non tribe village (hell I think some of them would even go for dark blue ones given a chance). I don't belive the current state of affairs means the world is descending into a tangled web of alliances, I think we're probably in a better position than ever to see some new large scale conflicts brewing.

Sorry for the lack of a coherent argument or point, just a couple of thoughts.

I agree with evetrything u write exceot the relevance of the previous wars... cos most of the players and tribes in those wars r now gone and we r left with all the players who r all buddied up. There r only a very smal amount of tribes left not in the clique and that points to the likely outcome being a merger not a war........ CBK said the same as u that the issue with this world is boredom which is a consequence of all the main tribes simply working together and not making foreworks in W16 to keep players interested... itll simply be decided by players who can login over the most months and grow rather than the best tribe(s) at war...... i just want these tribe to get on with it and merge now lol

DeletedUser

I'm wondering if you even realized that, barring all the other posts made in this thread against your statement so far, that you just voided your own statement. You continuously state that its your opinion, and that you got the opinion of others about this world.

Well an opinion is a thought or a feeling of a subject. That doesn't make it a fact though. A fact has proof behind to prove that it is a fact. You could literally state something random about a random topic and claim that that is your opinion, and no one can argue with it. However, you can not try to pass off an opinion as a fact and not have people argue with you over it, because, quite simply you are wrong.

I've also noticed a few others things in general; I'm not even going after specific points yet.
1. Ende posted this criticizing the "top 5 tribes." Then as soon as someone even said the word "Dust," he claimed that we were trying to attack Dust. So you can claim to just be a "bystander" and attack other tribes, but as soon as anyone else even comments on your own tribes, its suddenly some big offense?
2. Multiple times it was pointed out that PnX was in the top 5 two weeks ago and at war with two tribes. Despite that, you continued to try to persist with your statement. Somewhere (I'm sorry but I didn't feel like wading through six pages of spam just to find one measley quote) you even stated that you are just talking about events in the last two weeks. Well first of all, that is just plain stupid to talk about 2 weeks when this is a game that goes on for YEARS. Secondly, its changing what you originally said and just makes you look stupid by trying to talk your way out of it when you had already been proven wrong.
3. Back towards the opinion thing, I stated that a fact is something that can be backed up with proof. Well where's your proof? And I mean concrete proof, not just every little pixie fairy thought that magically pops into your head to suit your thinking. Instead of posting something like that, you are expecting others to post proof to back their own statements up, and when they do, you ignore it and continue to rant about us "huggy tribes"

Now I may have missed a bit. Stopped half-way through to eat and lost my train of thought...Sorry if the conversation moved on in that time as well.

DeletedUser22370

I agree with evetrything u write exceot the relevance of the previous wars... cos most of the players and tribes in those wars r now gone and we r left with all the players who r all buddied up. There r only a very smal amount of tribes left not in the clique and that points to the likely outcome being a merger not a war........ CBK said the same as u that the issue with this world is boredom which is a consequence of all the main tribes simply working together and not making foreworks in W16 to keep players interested... itll simply be decided by players who can login over the most months and grow rather than the best tribe(s) at war...... i just want these tribe to get on with it and merge now lol

Oh yeah sure... most of the players and tribes aren't still going. You make less sense by the minute.

DeletedUser

It was obvious at the start of this thread that most players in W16 would take offense at this world being classed as the most huggy but thats my opinion formed through experience of my position in this world and those i meet and chat to... and of course those who have since moved on.... It had to be bought up for everyone to discuss this accusation. Im still waiting for someone to show me a world in which the top group of tribes r not at war with each other and have even tighter diplo between those tribes than here... i personally dont think one exists but im happy to be corrected if there is such a world cos then we can lose the accusation im levelling once and for all...

DeletedUser

So you agree that we're in a better position than ever to see a new large scale conflict?

A quick evaluation of the top 40 Carnage players (yeah its half the tribe but its where the vast majority of the power based on points/troops/activity is) reveals this:

Well I was going to post the list but it looked kind of stupid and spamish so I'll just regale you with the stats. 25 of the top 40 Carnage players are players who fought for C² in the last major war vs CND. A further 13 players fought for CND in the same war. That leaves just two players currently in our top 40 who weren't involved in the war meaning a majority of 95% have fought in at least one major war on world 16 and in many cases several more.

DeletedUser

It was obvious at the start of this thread that most players in W16 would take offense at this world being classed as the most huggy but thats my opinion formed through experience of my position in this world and those i meet and chat to... and of course those who have since moved on.... It had to be bought up for everyone to discuss this accusation. Im still waiting for someone to show me a world in which the top group of tribes r not at war with each other and have even tighter diplo between those tribes than here... i personally dont think one exists but im happy to be corrected if there is such a world cos then we can lose the accusation im levelling once and for all...
Yes, because your position on the rim cut off from the rest of the world and being the leader of a notorious family tribe amply qualifies you to declare that the rest of the world is hugging.

And maybe no one is answering your question because
1. It's off topic in this thread.
2. It's off topic in this forum.

DeletedUser22370

Maybe if you stopped badgering on about nonsense somebody would give you a dignified answer. Oh wait, many already have. You said that they were directly offending Dust. If you want a dignified answer you have to be able to accept it.

DeletedUser

So you agree that we're in a better position than ever to see a new large scale conflict?

A quick evaluation of the top 40 Carnage players (yeah its half the tribe but its where the vast majority of the power based on points/troops/activity is) reveals this:

Well I was going to post the list but it looked kind of stupid and spamish so I'll just regale you with the stats. 25 of the top 40 Carnage players are players who fought for C² in the last major war vs CND. A further 13 players fought for CND in the same war. That leaves just two players currently in our top 40 who weren't involved in the war meaning a majority of 95% have fought in at least one major war on world 16 and in many cases several more.

Im not disagreeing that there r plenty of vets from the historical wars in W16 still here, and all of them have played a great part in forming the world we see now... im stating that what we r currently left with r tribes who r all buddied up. I just cant see anyone up there going to war against another one for the reasons ive said previously.... the next big move will be a major merger and that merger will probably result in the tribe who win this world. My prediction.....

DeletedUser

Yes, because your position on the rim cut off from the rest of the world and being the leader of a notorious family tribe amply qualifies you to declare that the rest of the world is hugging.

And maybe no one is answering your question because
1. It's off topic in this thread.
2. It's off topic in this forum.

crikey where does it matter where the accusation comes from, just cos u dont like me dont mean i cant speak...... like i said, its something that needed to be said cos W16 is getting this rep and it needs to be addressed.

DeletedUser

Maybe if you stopped badgering on about nonsense somebody would give you a dignified answer. Oh wait, many already have. You said that they were directly offending Dust. If you want a dignified answer you have to be able to accept it.

If u read back my only reference to Dust being discussed was cos 2 (or 3) people starting changing the subject to Dust/LS/HRV and i was trying to bring it back on topic...

DeletedUser

crikey where does it matter where the accusation comes from, just cos u dont like me dont mean i cant speak...... like i said, its something that needed to be said cos W16 is getting this rep and it needs to be addressed.
It matters because you stated that your position gave you this ability to judge the rest of the world. I addressed your statement, and then you just dismissed it entirely, putting us back at square one with you being wrong.