Newsletter #7 - 2010-02-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Is generally everyone? No.
For a fact speaking in my tribal skype chat alot of the players don't want to start a new world as starting up takes alot of time but want to play with Army Camps.
You do realize that that doesn't contradict my statement. The fact that you spoke to a few people that would like to see it doesn't mean the majority of the players in the world do.
Also for alot of people joining a newer world is out of the question for alot of people unless they want to quit a previous world which they have put effort and time into.
A vote is a vote. If the world votes no for it, fair enough. But if your not giving a chance then that's a different story.
The players don't even know how army camps are going to work; how could they possibly vote intelligently without knowing what they're voting on.

Typhi

When are the 6.0 settings being put on older worlds? (especially all the new pretty map color and built in Noble Claimer :icon_twisted: )

The latest news on the release date is in the announcement.

Typhi

2. Would it be possible to have the german guide to the features and benefits of army camps translated?

This looked like the most useful information from the German wiki article. Feel free to point out any other information you'd like (properly) translated.

Army Camp Information said:
Army Camp Events:
Army Camp or Construction Site demolition:
All armies present in the camp and en-route return home.

Tribe disbandment:
All Army Camps and Construction sites are demolished. All armies present in the camp and en-route return home.

Player leaves tribe:
All of the player's armies present in an Army Camp or en-route are sent back home. Gold coins donated to the tribe remain property of the tribe.

Player deletion:
All the player's armies are removed. Gold coins donated to the tribe remain property of the tribe.

Tribe points fall:
If the points of a tribe fall under the minimum amount that was needed to build their Army Camps, the Army Camps and Construction Sites will continue as normal.

DeletedUser

dunno if this has been asked yet, but apparantly these features will not be implemented in older worlds as i have read, but i am a little new to this mobile update, how exactly does it work? do you need to go to m.tribalwars.net? or just go to tribalwars.net and it automatically detects you using a mobile browser? also will the mobile version be implemented on older worlds?

DeletedUser

and do we need to access them by going to m.tribalwars.net or it automatically detects the mobile browser when we go to tribalwars.net

DeletedUser

I'm sure it has been asked before(I don't want to go back and read), but when is Version 6.0 being updated on the older worlds?

Its been 2 weeks, and both new worlds are out already, so I hope within a few days...

DeletedUser

and do we need to access them by going to m.tribalwars.net or it automatically detects the mobile browser when we go to tribalwars.net

there is an option once you log in that you can click on to get the mobile version

I'm sure it has been asked before(I don't want to go back and read), but when is Version 6.0 being updated on the older worlds?

Its been 2 weeks, and both new worlds are out already, so I hope within a few days...

Actually it hasn't even been a week since they were released. Just be patient and wait for the announcement

DeletedUser

ah ok thank you, and i assume this option will be on the main page?

DeletedUser

Timeout
Each army camp is only for a certain period. After this time, the appropriate army camp will be automatically dissolved.
Armies that are stationed at the time of the dissolution of the army camp in this, automatically return to their home village. Armies on the move in order to attack or support to cancel their orders. Armies, but from the army camp from the road to a goal to put their way to this goal continues.

What is the timeout time?

DeletedUser

You do realize that that doesn't contradict my statement. The fact that you spoke to a few people that would like to see it doesn't mean the majority of the players in the world do.

Your sources are?

The players don't even know how army camps are going to work; how could they possibly vote intelligently without knowing what they're voting on.

A vote for a trial run lasting a week.

DeletedUser

Your sources are?
The opinions of many hundreds of players on the public forums and through the ticket system.

A vote for a trial run lasting a week.
That simply couldn't work. In order to actually use them they'd need to sink a lot of resources into it that would be just lost if the setting was later removed.

DeletedUser71572

With the new map colour system, are we able to highlight other players individual villages?

Say you didnt want to noble a players 3k villages, but you wanted his 10k villages, for example.

DeletedUser

as far as i can remember No Shrek......

I still believe it's just the individual as a whole

DeletedUser71572

Cheers grabor, would make life easier if that happened, im surrounded by noobs :(

DeletedUser

Version 6.0 announced 2010,February 15th 19:03

Tuesday the 23rd of February worlds 47 and 48 started. Both be running on version 6.0.

It has now been two weeks since worlds 47 and 48 opened, and three weeks since the announcement of 6.0 release.

Still no word on the updates of the older worlds?

DeletedUser

Version 6.0 announced 2010,February 15th 19:03

Tuesday the 23rd of February worlds 47 and 48 started. Both be running on version 6.0.

It has now been two weeks since worlds 47 and 48 opened, and three weeks since the announcement of 6.0 release.

Still no word on the updates of the older worlds?

Yes it's been 2 weeks since they've opened. So now they have to go through the other 46 worlds and adapt the code to them. So, that game changing changes wont happen in those worlds. Then they have to set a time when they are going to update which worlds, as they have always done.

I don't expect to see the update till at least next month for the other 46 worlds. Plus if you aren't buying premium I really don't see why you are complaining about how long it takes

Status
Not open for further replies.