Premium Boycott

• Thread starter DeletedUser47445
  • Start date

DeletedUser47445

World 20 has stood strong and together before .

Remember the half priced coins ?

Now we all have more nobles, and all our enemies are feeling the added pressure.
Why doesnt world 20 once again, join forces and boycott buying premium due to the new prices .

How Long ?

As long as it takes

Tribalwars believes it can do whatever it wants.

Its reason ?

We have made 'Great' updates.

What will happen next year ?

Year by Year , We will be held to ransom

No doubt I will likely be infracted for this , but is that even allowed ?

Freedom of speech .

Tell your friends on other worlds to do the same thing

Power To The People

Lets Start A Riot

Alone I Am Strong, Together We Are Unstoppable

DeletedUser

I was halfway through deleting this thread as I believe it's against forum rules I think.. not to sure, but alas I thought- I might as well have some fun and argue against such idea (As a normal member view of course).

You moan that half price nobles puts pressure, so you recommend boycotting premium.
How would that help the situation? infact it would put you under more pressure :S

Most TW changes come from the majority of the public's view btw- they submit loads of ideas, the good ones are taken.

If my memory is correct, I recall you asking for premium a few months back. To me this idea is biased just cause you can't for whatever reason pay for premium, that you want to remove the new updates, even though in theory you gain more for you money as now ads are removed free :S.

(Mod argument now)
• We have introduced a whole lot of new Premium features and other features (mobile version in the last update) in the last years, but the prices remained until today. Compared to other games we still have very low fees!
• We have not raised the prices in a long time.
• To be able to keep on working and implementing new features in Tribal Wars.
• When you have a premium account you automatically will no longer have ads in the game. Don't need to buy something extra for it.
• Marketing prices are getting more expensive.
• The price change is necessary for us to be able to keep on being available on the wide markets.

DeletedUser

I think its fair to say that this PP rule sucks, it does not cost money for INNOGAMES to think of new ideas. By putting the prices of PP up they will loose money, mark my words.

DeletedUser

I think its fair to say that this PP rule sucks, it does not cost money for INNOGAMES to think of new ideas. By putting the prices of PP up they will loose money, mark my words.

It costs money to implement them though.
Alas, that's the world recession we live in. TW still is from my experience the cheapest online game I've played.

All games pretty much have up'd there premium- RS is now £6 a month (Happened to have a mate moan at me about it a few days ago.. honest)

Would you prefer TW didn't exist?
Or would you prefer a minor increase in cost?

DeletedUser47445

It costs money to implement them though.
Alas, that's the world recession we live in. TW still is from my experience the cheapest online game I've played.

All games pretty much have up'd there premium- RS is now £6 a month (Happened to have a mate moan at me about it a few days ago.. honest)

Would you prefer TW didn't exist?
Or would you prefer a minor increase in cost?

Minor increase in cost? I don't happen to have the mail with me at this point, but what used to give me two weeks of Premium now gives me three days. In order to keep my premium i had to go out and create an account, get a card, so i can get paypal, so i can keep paying.

I steal my premium from some noob on w2.

Please don't muddy up the thread with useless drivel...

2ND EDIT: Whole point is, we pay Premium, which keeps the wheels of the game turning. We should have at least some say-so in how much it costs and what happens to the money we spend.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I just bought mine before the price increased. Then I'm probably not buying any more. If a month of membership for an online game costs more than $5 I stop buying it. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Minor increase in cost? I don't happen to have the mail with me at this point, but what used to give me two weeks of Premium now gives me three days. In order to keep my premium i had to go out and create an account, get a card, so i can get paypal, so i can keep paying.

If you buy 2 weeks premium at a time, your wasting your money anyway, compared to a few months :icon_confused:.

2ND EDIT: Whole point is, we pay Premium, which keeps the wheels of the game turning. We should have at least some say-so in how much it costs and what happens to the money we spend.

Your allowed to make suggestions, you never wasn't allowed. Though whether it's accepted is another matter.
Letting the public choose what to pay for premium would lead to everyone saying 1p-£1 or something ridiculous for a few months.

The money you spend goes to the company. Where else would it go?
If your giving money to someone to keep, it's up to them what they do with the money as it's not yours any more surely?
Eg. Does your boss after he pays you then ask to know exactly what you spent the money on? I would assume not, or unless your boss likes to know personal details :icon_neutral:

rich26ca

i see the big deal for those that didn't remove ad's.

this is a fairly big increase and i don't agree with it. i feel that players that wish to have a separate gaming software on there cell phones which is a good idea but also feel they should bare the cost of those options. i personally know many that will never use this option yet will pay for it.

other then that i don't see a need for the increase other then recession and ino-games wanting more money for the same basic things that they were already offering. some payment is need and i feel the previous structure was fine cost to pay. elders and in game staff do put in quite a bit of time so that cost and needs to be paid as well the creator have to see profit other wise why continue.

but this cost increase feels a bit like taxation with out representation....

DeletedUser

I know that due to the price increases during global recession meaning i have less money coming in means that my last premium purchase is just that, my last... Oh it will be fun trying to go back to the stone ages and play the game with out the little add ons that premium gave me but guess what, it can be done..

DeletedUser

well see, i dont like the increase, btu i see where they are comming from. i mean lets be realistic, every company will raise prices at some point. we pay for new features and stuff yes. but i see where us as players come from also. i think that the price increase was a little high. but the way i see it is, if you want us to pay more, then you should let us have a little more imput on game updates and make them a little more frequent. we have to pay for it more than we used too (reason i play this game was cuz it was cheap, but not so much now. and trust me im broke all the time) so we shoudl get more input then we used to.

DeletedUser47445

If your giving money to someone to keep, it's up to them what they do with the money as it's not yours any more surely?
Eg. Does your boss after he pays you then ask to know exactly what you spent the money on? I would assume not, or unless your boss likes to know personal details :icon_neutral:

But heres where im going dawrv: If i was required to pay to play, then yes i prolly wouldnt be nagging in here. But the simple fact (Like Sir Jta stated first) is that i can just say "Screw it" and go to the stone ages.

DeletedUser

i am a W26 player but seeing as the topic in this world has gotten more attention i will post here

Dwarveneree said:

hmm lets see the difference...Tribal Wars is a text based game..less work needs doing on it..
as you said...the Idea's are suggestions from a player..A. thats one player. B. that player gave his/her opinion on how they think the game could be better and now pays extra for it?
your 'making the game better' so more people will play yet your increasing the prices so meaning current players and most likely new ones will leave..
less premium will be bought...
and omg we get removed adds for free??? that is awesome? whats the catch? nothing you say? just the fact we have to now pay more....well thats great seeing as the fact i never used premium points on that anyways.

Dwarveneree said:
Eg. Does your boss after he pays you then ask to know exactly what you spent the money on? I would assume not, or unless your boss likes to know personal details

so basically we aren't allowed to know what you are spending our money on and whether or not its actually going to improve TW?

I love Tribal Wars but i sadly would be one of many who would leave this game...in the end it would just be cheaper to buy a computer/xbox/ps3 game and play that online.

Looking forward to the infraction for posting my opinion...

DeletedUser

But heres where im going dawrv: If i was required to pay to play, then yes i prolly wouldnt be nagging in here. But the simple fact (Like Sir Jta stated first) is that i can just say "Screw it" and go to the stone ages.

No one can control what you do on a game. If you want to play without premium that's your choice. Innogames expected a large % of players to quit/stop buying premium. Your not required to pay to play, the games playable without premium, just a lot more harder.

well see, i dont like the increase, btu i see where they are comming from. i mean lets be realistic, every company will raise prices at some point. we pay for new features and stuff yes. but i see where us as players come from also. i think that the price increase was a little high. but the way i see it is, if you want us to pay more, then you should let us have a little more imput on game updates and make them a little more frequent. we have to pay for it more than we used too (reason i play this game was cuz it was cheap, but not so much now. and trust me im broke all the time) so we shoudl get more input then we used to.

Suggestions and Discussion forum - your input has always been there since the start of TW.

i see the big deal for those that didn't remove ad's.

this is a fairly big increase and i don't agree with it. i feel that players that wish to have a separate gaming software on there cell phones which is a good idea but also feel they should bare the cost of those options. i personally know many that will never use this option yet will pay for it.

other then that i don't see a need for the increase other then recession and ino-games wanting more money for the same basic things that they were already offering. some payment is need and i feel the previous structure was fine cost to pay. elders and in game staff do put in quite a bit of time so that cost and needs to be paid as well the creator have to see profit other wise why continue.

but this cost increase feels a bit like taxation with out representation....

Only Admins get payed, elders, ingame/forum moderators don't get any real money. Just premium benefits for us and for 2 friends.

Even so quite a large % of users use the mobile option. If it was a pay extra to use feature, you will have hundreds of players complaining that there cheating, and that the game is unfair as you can "buy advantages" and whatnot- it's better to have it and need it than need it and not have it.
No matter what, someday you may use you phone to get on TW to defend incommings while your at work/school etc. As nowadays you get free Internet on most sim companies.

--------------------------------------

I didn't mean to pick apart your argument, but it just happened like that :icon_redface:

Looking forward to the infraction for posting my opinion...

If you want to argue your point- by all means your allowed, don't act like that as it clearly diminishes the effect of your post :icon_rolleyes:.

hmm lets see the difference...Tribal Wars is a text based game..less work needs doing on it..

If you don't know what your talking about, don't speculate. Please?

as you said...the Idea's are suggestions from a player..A. thats one player. B. that player gave his/her opinion on how they think the game could be better and now pays extra for it?

Would you prefer if innogames raised all the prices then released all the recent updates?

More updates are soon to come. I could understand your anger if there was no updates then the price jumped over the same product. But this is the complete opposite.

your 'making the game better' so more people will play yet your increasing the prices so meaning current players and most likely new ones will leave..
less premium will be bought...

Players will forever buy game premium, people will always be able to afford TW premium. To keep with the global market, TW had to modify it's prices, as did many other major online games. Less premium may be bought, but at least the game continues going.

and omg we get removed adds for free??? that is awesome? whats the catch? nothing you say? just the fact we have to now pay more....well thats great seeing as the fact i never used premium points on that anyways.

So now you get more for your premium.

so basically we aren't allowed to know what you are spending our money on and whether or not its actually going to improve TW?

Refer to my previous comment.
Though common sense would display that if players pay for premium for a game- that game has to keep attracting customers to buy premium, so the money is going to improve TW.

I love Tribal Wars but i sadly would be one of many who would leave this game...in the end it would just be cheaper to buy a computer/xbox/ps3 game and play that online.

What if people can't afford xbox/ps3?

(rough quick google prices)
Xbox - £150 + monthly internet
PS3 - £220

Games roughly £40.
The difference is a lot of games are single player. Multi player games are mostly limited to a number of users- COD's 20 I believe? Not to mention price of an xbox connecting online to get that. But once you complete a game then what? It's finished- nothing new comes out of it.

TW is 17,000 players a world with new worlds always coming out? Playing is continuous, and a whole new style of game play.

You can't even compare them. Though i think it's safe to say TW is cheaper than what anyone would spend on an xbox/ps3 and all the games they own. :icon_rolleyes:

Also, take this in good light pl0x?
I don't want to have these debates/opinions/arguments turn into players posting loosing their tempers.

DeletedUser47445

I didn't mean to pick apart your argument, but it just happened like that :icon_redface:

Players will forever buy game premium, people will always be able to afford TW premium. To keep with the global market, TW had to modify it's prices, as did many other major online games. Less premium may be bought, but at least the game continues going.

So now you get more for your premium.

Refer to my previous comment.
Though common sense would display that if players pay for premium for a game- that game has to keep attracting customers to buy premium, so the money is going to improve TW.

Actually so far dawrv i don't believe that you have picked it apart...yet

A heres the thing, thinking that players will alway buy premium is exactly the problem. If we were to take this to the discussion forums what would happen dawrv? Absolutely nothing. Whatever i put there would just turn into a locked thread and i would have one or two more infractions than i did before.

And to attract more costumers you have to 1) Have a decent product (It seems pretty good to me) 2) And have a decent price for said product.

so, take this in good light pl0x?
I don't want to have these debates/opinions/arguments turn into players posting loosing their tempers.

If that were to happen i really wish you would lock it. But considering noone is really posting anymore it may just die off in a few days

DeletedUser

Actually so far dawrv i don't believe that you have picked it apart...yet

Lol I did originally then I cut it down quite a bit and made it seem less harsh.
I miss the good old flame/pick comments apart days - can't quite get away with that now I'm a moderator :p

A heres the thing, thinking that players will alway buy premium is exactly the problem. If we were to take this to the discussion forums what would happen dawrv? Absolutely nothing. Whatever i put there would just turn into a locked thread and i would have one or two more infractions than i did before.

And to attract more costumers you have to 1) Have a decent product (It seems pretty good to me) 2) And have a decent price for said product.

Depends how you word it, trying to organize a boycott would probably lead to that yeah or worse (if Jirki reads it :p). I'm just a more friendly laid back mod who's willing to let things like this go through discussion and put a stop to the confusion. But even so there's a thread provided to discuss the change in PP.

If that were to happen i really wish you would lock it. But considering noone is really posting anymore it may just die off in a few days

Depends, I might delete, I might lock depends on the situation, even so I'll keep this thread cool headed.

DeletedUser

My post got deleted?:icon_cry: Or was I drunk and didn't send it:icon_confused:

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
My post got deleted?:icon_cry: Or was I drunk and didn't send it:icon_confused:

lol, Air..Maybe it got deleted :)

This is a good topic, Increase in price means better service. But if you increase it to much and the proper type of service is not serve..Well you get the drift.

I'll support Asderf on his stand, I hope this would lead to a better service to all.

DeletedUser

I think its bogus, Who cares that we dont get adds ingame anymore, they dont bother me, and i never payed to have them removed, so basically, there FORCING us to pay for the removal of the adds.