Premium Boycott

• Thread starter DeletedUser47445
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I used to think this thread was pointless till ive just gone on my phone and bought £6.00 worth of premium and only had enough points for 14 days, that means i have to pay £9.00 for 28 days now.

Considering buying via sms is my only option it costs too much, and playing with no premium takes too much time, so its been a good 3 year run but there is no way i can afford to continue so ill continue playing until my premium and 14 Days runs out... :(

DeletedUser

Only new worlds have uber lag, occasionally an old world gets lag when the server changes/update or whatnot- depending what time of day it is.

Otherwise lag is your end, not TW's.
There's various ways to help speed up TW, which TW has recommended.

Everyone must be doing the same stupid stuff then on the same worlds.. cuz it gets pretty damn laggy on days when there is absolutely no updating going on. And it's not just me, it might not be everyone at the same time that's affected.. but everyone is affected at some time or another. I know of a number of people that have quit on older worlds just because of bad lag while under mass attack. Makes it pretty impossible to do anything when you need to be doing everything.

Political map/showing the merchants can be de-activated if you don't like them/takes too long for you, they work fine for other players but even so you can't use that example as those things are optional anyway.

Really? You know how to get rid of the merchants column in my village overview? I'm all ears.

And it's not that I can't figure out how to not use the political map, I just don't want it to be included in things I have to pay more for. I mean.. you could populate the worlds with birch trees for prem users too and call it an update.. but I'd consider that about as useful as the political map.

DeletedUser

Dwarveneree, use map arrows for a while, and you will see that refresh work pretty bad and after little time it do not synchronize your map from left with that from right part.

It is a issue of my Internet connection or just a TW bug.. who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No one can control what you do on a game. If you want to play without premium that's your choice. Innogames expected a large % of players to quit/stop buying premium. Your not required to pay to play, the games playable without premium, just a lot more harder.

Innogames are pulling one over on the kids, we have no jobs, how are we suppose to pay ?

Suggestions and Discussion forum - your input has always been there since the start of TW.

Only Admins get payed, elders, ingame/forum moderators don't get any real money. Just premium benefits for us and for 2 friends.

Which is why you and the other admins are for it, you dont have to pay, your viewing it from your point of view not ours, you cant argue its not much when you are not paying for it, we are probably the ones that pay for you and other admins to have free premium.

Even so quite a large % of users use the mobile option. If it was a pay extra to use feature, you will have hundreds of players complaining that there cheating, and that the game is unfair as you can "buy advantages" and whatnot- it's better to have it and need it than need it and not have it.
No matter what, someday you may use you phone to get on TW to defend incommings while your at work/school etc. As nowadays you get free Internet on most sim companies.

So what about the small percent who dont use the mobile phone thing ? We have to pay for something that does not benefit us ?

--------------------------------------

I didn't mean to pick apart your argument, but it just happened like that :icon_redface:

If you want to argue your point- by all means your allowed, don't act like that as it clearly diminishes the effect of your post :icon_rolleyes:.

If you don't know what your talking about, don't speculate. Please?

Would you prefer if innogames raised all the prices then released all the recent updates?

More updates are soon to come. I could understand your anger if there was no updates then the price jumped over the same product. But this is the complete opposite.

Change of the defense picture, wooo spend 40% more than you normally do and you get pretty sword icons ;) yay.

Players will forever buy game premium, people will always be able to afford TW premium. To keep with the global market, TW had to modify it's prices, as did many other major online games. Less premium may be bought, but at least the game continues going.

So now you get more for your premium. TW is not like other online games, not many browser based online games charge as much if any charge at all.

Refer to my previous comment.
Though common sense would display that if players pay for premium for a game- that game has to keep attracting customers to buy premium, so the money is going to improve TW.

What if people can't afford xbox/ps3?

(rough quick google prices)
Xbox - £150 + monthly internet
PS3 - £220

Games roughly £40.
The difference is a lot of games are single player. Multi player games are mostly limited to a number of users- COD's 20 I believe? Not to mention price of an xbox connecting online to get that. But once you complete a game then what? It's finished- nothing new comes out of it.

Wrong, check the prices you can pick up a new game as it comes out for £30 online an xbox is only £100 and is £60 a year to play online, it probably works out less or near on the same as INNOGAMES are charging for premium, now theres value for money xD Games normally 100% of the time have replay value or have online which is constantly changing, even then a game realses DLC (downloadable content) which gives you extra mission or maps e.t.c

TW is 17,000 players a world with new worlds always coming out? Playing is continuous, and a whole new style of game play.

Having a church is not a whole new style of game, TW is still TW :/

You can't even compare them. Though i think it's safe to say TW is cheaper than what anyone would spend on an xbox/ps3 and all the games they own. :icon_rolleyes:

But you still get more for your money, more play time, and you can also re sell a console when a new one comes out which means you wont have to spend a lot the next time round.

Also, take this in good light pl0x?
I don't want to have these debates/opinions/arguments turn into players posting loosing their tempers.

Just my view on what you have said.

DeletedUser

Sorry for me writing inside the quotes im not sure how everyone else does it like they do :( If someone could change it for me that would be great.

DeletedUser

28 Days is pretty much a month. Granted that's 1,2 or 3 days lost per real month.. which can be an extra months payment. But nevertheless, it's pretty much a month.

You make it sound like everyone in the world is just getting enough to live on.
£4 isn't that much a month, heck £4 wouldn't last long in the real world.

Now you make it sound like chaos is coming and the markets will keep decreasing :icon_confused:.
Compared to most sights, TW hasn't raised it's prices in over a year, before w9 was even created I think.. though don't quote me on that.

Currently TW is located in the major global markets.

I don't think closing down TW was an option. :icon_rolleyes:.

Just take it Tribal wars is loosing its finacial backing and is starting to loose track so its charging more to keep it running :lol: j/k

DeletedUser

Everyone must be doing the same stupid stuff then on the same worlds.. cuz it gets pretty damn laggy on days when there is absolutely no updating going on. And it's not just me, it might not be everyone at the same time that's affected.. but everyone is affected at some time or another. I know of a number of people that have quit on older worlds just because of bad lag while under mass attack. Makes it pretty impossible to do anything when you need to be doing everything.

I've been on W1/2 for more years than you have played most probably, the only lag I've ever received as with many is either a slow wireless Internet connection or a new world.

At bold comment, there are ways to still tag incommings under bad lag. There's many different methods of combating lag/slow Internet connection as explained previously - I won't find the thread or list them as I'm tired, and I'm not going to teach you how to play.

Really? You know how to get rid of the merchants column in my village overview? I'm all ears.
I thought you meant the map overview of merchants. But merchants column of the village overview doesn't effect your game play to the point where it's unplayable.

And it's not that I can't figure out how to not use the political map, I just don't want it to be included in things I have to pay more for. I mean.. you could populate the worlds with birch trees for prem users too and call it an update.. but I'd consider that about as useful as the political map.

When it came out, you didn't need to pay more for. Whether you find it useful isn't the point, others still do. Updates don't revolve around you. If you don't like it, simply do not use it like I do.

Dwarveneree, use map arrows for a while, and you will see that refresh work pretty bad and after little time it do not synchronize your map from left with that from right part.

Next time it happens send in a SR. There might be a problem with your world, but to me it sounds like your Internet connection.

Sorry for me writing inside the quotes im not sure how everyone else does it like they do :( If someone could change it for me that would be great.

I can't read that at all I'm afraid. Adding a wall of text to my wall of text is a bitch to read =/

HeftySmurf

Its Because Tribalwars has fallen behind Grepolis and The West :p

DeletedUser

this is a business and well they are here to make money they have expenditures maintaining this game does not come free we all play it and we are their clients and they are tittled to make a profit they can not have expenditures costing more then what they bring in as it is not economically viable yes im a little annoyed with the price rise but hey its cheaper then xbox live, world of warcraft and a drug addiction i much prefer to spend 10 dollars a month on tribal wars then god knows how much on a drug addiction so i stand by the price rise and ill always buy my premium and i thank Innogames for giving us such a good game to play.

DeletedUser

Personally speaking, although there has been a rise, I don't think it is particularly excessive when compared to other pastimes (going to the movies, going for a drink in a bar, getting a take away meal etc).

However, I too have noticed lag of late. It seems worse when you are sitting an account and try to look at overview screens of any kind. Again, when sitting, if you click on village co ordinates which have been posted in a tribal forum, you go the the village overview as expected, but you are magically back in your own account, not the one you are sitting !!

Also, when I take a village my overall points do not rise for anything up to half an hour which is kind of odd!

It is unfortunate that the premium rise came into force just after the release of the new version of TW, because having to pay more for more fiddly and less enjoyable gameplay kind of sucks!

HeftySmurf

Personally speaking, although there has been a rise, I don't think it is particularly excessive when compared to other pastimes (going to the movies, going for a drink in a bar, getting a take away meal etc).

However, I too have noticed lag of late. It seems worse when you are sitting an account and try to look at overview screens of any kind. Again, when sitting, if you click on village co ordinates which have been posted in a tribal forum, you go the the village overview as expected, but you are magically back in your own account, not the one you are sitting !!

Also, when I take a village my overall points do not rise for anything up to half an hour which is kind of odd!

It is unfortunate that the premium rise came into force just after the release of the new version of TW, because having to pay more for more fiddly and less enjoyable gameplay kind of sucks!

Double post ftw.

Innogames has had a lot of server problems lately, i cant explain it and neither can Dwarven, i would nag Morthy but all his servers crashed yesterday and he seems annoyed also, so its a game of wait and see.

DeletedUser57383

I am addicted to Tw so like any drug addict or alcoholic Ill have to pay :) ... It cost the equivalent of a six pack of beers a week to play with premium (considering I play 3 worlds) its about the price of a bottle of good brandy lol. So guess what I just stopped drinking lol

DeletedUser

I am addicted to Tw so like any drug addict or alcoholic Ill have to pay :) ... It cost the equivalent of a six pack of beers a week to play with premium (considering I play 3 worlds) its about the price of a bottle of good brandy lol. So guess what I just stopped drinking lol

A 6 pack of beers in a week isn't alcoholism lol. I drink at least 3 times that the nights I drink o_O. That's not every night though. Probably every other night.

DeletedUser

i def think drinking is a higher priority than this game. i would gladly give up twars if it caused me not to be able to drink or smoke. this game isnt that fun.

DeletedUser82372

it is not just you mate...i play 4 different accounts, w20 w21 w25 w39 w49 and i have the same synchronization problem with the map...is this what you call "better service"? :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

well, what can i say.. i believe I will spend more money for this:
http://i41.tinypic.com/34pb887.jpg

Map do not syncronize good, and also look, it won't show also anything if you are 'lucky'. Just my bad internet connection.. who knows!
I hope my ticket to admin to give a reply to that issue :(