Newsletter #8 - Premium change - 2010-03-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Helping with premium

Over the years, helped several players with small gifts of points. Some were from central Africa, some were American kids. I've never regretted doing this. In every case, it gave our tribe a stronger member. The payback has always been rich and rewarding.

DeletedUser

Giving gifts is one thing, but its a decision you can make for yourself. I understand the rewarding feeling you get from giving something that is small to you, but large to someone else ... its why i give to a different charity annually. All I am debating is that his case is somehow a reason that TW is unreasonable for raising prices. I just don't agree, I think TW has been more than fair.

Like any game, everyone has problems with some aspects of it. I really enjoy TW. And when I compare even the new prices to other MMO games, it matches up favorably.

DeletedUser910

Well, I'm happy I purchased another 50pts before the price went up. I actually ended up with extra months because of it. I original had 40pts left when I purchased the extra 50pts. Each 5pts is 30 days (1 month). So technically I had 18months worth of premium. After Innogames changed the pricing structure I ended up with 4140 pts. So now 200pts is 30 days. So do the math. That's 20.7 months of premium. So I got an extra 2 months. Good Deal.

DeletedUser

Dark Conviction if more would help out it would do a lot but they don't. Many can't afford it or don't know how to buy it in the first place. The age do vary a lot. Now if I let the enemy noble the third of a front just to wait so someone else will send premium then it's better quit. Either put effort in something or don't, if you wont then it's better to quit. I decided to win before I do so however, the only problem is that people in need of premium seem to increase.

And buying 5000 amounts is the only option for me, yes. The problem is that the amount I had to pay for increases.

I'm sure that it isn't only me who cover others with premium, not all of us see any fun in hanging around at a public forum. If there's always just a few accounts who need premium before a whole tribe would have premium under that time, then perhaps several others would see it as acceptable to spend a smaller amount.

The ones who gets good and really active are mainly those with barely any life, there's surely quite obvious reason why they doesn't have money over. The other part would mainly be kids, a lot aren't allowed to waste money for their parents. Of course some can pay(I paid from my cellphone as well a while), but not everyone can.

And yes the economy over close to the whole world is bad. But I made a specific example in case someone were going to tell that their countries economy were good. Americans are a perfect example of people who would deny their situation if it's bad.

If people aren't willing to pay more by that "principle" of theirs, then perhaps a way change it would be useful. And yes a lot is speculation, but it's just as well obvious situations that do occur.

DeletedUser84191

Raising the prices is just stupid. So what you gave us more features, i don't use half of them. Why not make the people that use them pay more. I'm not assed about the ads, so why make me pay more to remove them?

You are going to loose so much more money due to people not being able to afford it due to the worlds current situation then the raise is price will gain for you. I know for sure you've just lost me from the game. I'm guessing a lot already have/will leave in the near future.

A humble player

Raising the prices is just stupid. So what you gave us more features, i don't use half of them. Why not make the people that use them pay more. I'm not assed about the ads, so why make me pay more to remove them?

You are going to loose so much more money due to people not being able to afford it due to the worlds current situation then the raise is price will gain for you. I know for sure you've just lost me from the game. I'm guessing a lot already have/will leave in the near future.

:icon_rolleyes:
I'm sorry you can't afford 2 extra dollars per month. Maybe you should have not been buying premium in the first place.

DeletedUser

That isn't really reply that should be given to a customer. You aim to keep and gain customers, not make them leave(of course you don't work at innogames and they never succeeded in making any good announcments either). The main problem is that people paid by either Phones or cellphones. Sending and sms or making a call were cheaper before. If you got a certain amount of money at your cell each month then perhaps it isn't worth to spend the increased cost for a game since you need the rest for other calls.

Nelinski, as a customer who see this game as boring you got no idea how much I want to quit. If nothing keeps you in the game then quitting will give you more freetime. I would if there wasn't anything left to finish.

Enjoy real life.:)

A humble player

That isn't really reply that should be given to a customer. You aim to keep and gain customers, not make them leave(of course you don't work at innogames and they never succeeded in making any good announcments either). The main problem is that people paid by either Phones or cellphones. Sending and sms or making a call were cheaper before. If you got a certain amount of money at your cell each month then perhaps it isn't worth to spend the increased cost for a game since you need the rest for other calls.

Nelinski, as a customer who see this game as boring you got no idea how much I want to quit. If nothing keeps you in the game then quitting will give you more freetime. I would if there wasn't anything left to finish.

Enjoy real life.:)
Wait, innogames wants to keep the customers that vehemently speak out against the company?
You seem to have no idea how to run a business well.

To add, not a single innogames employee has responded to you yet, only players. Even the mods aren't innogames employees and neither are the admins. You seem to think that anyone who posts here is instantly an innogames rep. You are wrong. You seem to think innogames with loose many customers. You are wrong. You seem to think that the loss of 1 or two customers will hurt innogames, you are wrong.
No, most customers pay by credit card or paypal.
I will go back to my previous argument: if the 2 dollars a month is turning out unpayable, why on earth were you buying prem before? (this doesn't apply to sms people who are charged more not because of inno but because of phone companies).

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Perhaps it's you who lack the knowledge.

I state that Innogames never gave out any real reason or announcement at why they chose to increase the premium cost. I see that as a fail company, horrible and lack of knowledge to run it. While you might run a company, another might do it a hundred times better. This is the case here, they created a game without the knowledge at how to run it.

And I still stay by that Tribalwars is one i.f not the worst games I came across, if it weren't certain people and that I wanted to win then I would have quit long ago. The game is horrible, the new "features" doesn't make it any more fun from what peoples opinions say either. A reason why many left is obvious and much can be improved.

Unfortunately for you, I do know how business run. A lot more voiced their opinions as well and I saw them innogames like dumb chickens in my view.

And no, people got a limit they're willing to spend. I wouldn't spend to much since I want a good life as well since I see this game as the worst one invented as far that I know. I'm a bad player who would never recommend it to any other, I'm actually telling anyone who ask what I'm playing to not play it. It's a waste of time without joy in my view, it was a waste of time and later on I just had to play so it were possible to win.

So of course they see the rise as expensive, a lot can't pay the extra since they calculated their cost against income and doesn't see the value in this game.

That not a single Innogame employee replied about their new prices is just showing how horrible they're run, people without knowledge or common sense. They're relying people they just used for free to cover up for them. While Admins might have a pay(I'm not sure that they do) the rest is used and doesn't, of course many shouldn't receive a pay. There's nothing more useful than people you can use for free, basics of entrepreneurship.

And the last reply, the amount before was acceptable because you could split the amount of the game and the calls you make.

Lets say you receive 4$ for your cell, instead of a third you'll have to pay half or even more to cover a month. Of course people wouldn't be willing to pay.

Remember the excuses made are nothing coming from Innogames, these are as well the so called speculations. Nothing is announced from the main company, just they're employing more which is the obvious reason. Of course there's no leak about a new game or anything that gives a reason.

A humble player

Perhaps it's you who lack the knowledge.
I doubt it.
I state that Innogames never gave out any real reason or announcement at why they chose to increase the premium cost. I see that as a fail company, horrible and lack of knowledge to run it. While you might run a company, another might do it a hundred times better. This is the case here, they created a game without the knowledge at how to run it.
Maybe you should reread the original announcement made my morthy. General increased prices in the sector+inflation+inno is expanding
And I still stay by that Tribalwars is one i.f not the worst games I came across, if it weren't certain people and that I wanted to win then I would have quit long ago. The game is horrible, the new "features" doesn't make it any more fun from what peoples opinions say either. A reason why many left is obvious and much can be improved.
then why did you start? Considering the amount of prem you buy, you like it a lot.
Unfortunately for you, I do know how business run. A lot more voiced their opinions as well and I saw them innogames like dumb chickens in my view.
oooh, insults, how mature
And no, people got a limit they're willing to spend. I wouldn't spend to much since I want a good life as well since I see this game as the worst one invented as far that I know. I'm a bad player who would never recommend it to any other, I'm actually telling anyone who ask what I'm playing to not play it. It's a waste of time without joy in my view, it was a waste of time and later on I just had to play so it were possible to win.
And another candybar each week will ruin you...
So of course they see the rise as expensive, a lot can't pay the extra since they calculated their cost against income and doesn't see the value in this game.
If they were that close to the wire, they shouldn't have been buying before.
That not a single Innogame employee replied about their new prices is just showing how horrible they're run, people without knowledge or common sense. They're relying people they just used for free to cover up for them. While Admins might have a pay(I'm not sure that they do) the rest is used and doesn't, of course many shouldn't receive a pay. There's nothing more useful than people you can use for free, basics of entrepreneurship.
Admins aren't payed (though morthy is technically a CM?). There are all of 4 people that work for inno who actually have accounts on the forums. They speak through the admins/CMs.

And the last reply, the amount before was acceptable because you could split the amount of the game and the calls you make.
SMS queerness isn't innos fault.
Lets say you receive 4$ for your cell, instead of a third you'll have to pay half or even more to cover a month. Of course people wouldn't be willing to pay.
Again, SMS is different than every other payment method, and not innos fault.
Remember the excuses made are nothing coming from Innogames, these are as well the so called speculations. Nothing is announced from the main company, just they're employing more which is the obvious reason. Of course there's no leak about a new game or anything that gives a reason.
[/quote]
Ummm, go to UK. a new game much liek grepolis was just beta'd. That brings inno to 4 games. So, you are wrong.

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Wait, innogames wants to keep the customers that vehemently speak out against the company?

maybe a better idea not to do things that upset people that badly

I will go back to my previous argument: if the 2 dollars a month is turning out unpayable, why on earth were you buying prem before? (this doesn't apply to sms people who are charged more not because of inno but because of phone companies).

don't be ignorant. This argument has already been thrashed out in this very same thread. Your argument is that of an over-affluent snob who has no understanding of what any other lifestyle might be like. Apart from the moral bankrupcy of arguing that people with little money have no right to play, you are also forgetting that the cost translates differently in different currencies, and what may seem like a little money to you might be a large amount in other countries - but wait, they don't have a right to play either, right?

lol well said

DeletedUser

"sector+inflation+inno"

I don't believe that the server cost made any larger difference, the new recruitment weren't the reason for the price change either apparently which have been said several times in the thread. Making up excuses later just shows the lack of common sense.

The inflation should benefit Innogames as people spend more time on games.

And no, I do not like this game and several doesn't. The only thing I want is to win, taking responsibility and finishing what you started is only the right thing to do.

However I can see the reason why the need a larger staff. EA who often fails to deliver quality games made somewhat a rip-off from Tw, however they made it a hundred times better. I still got a lot to try out, it's however a pay to play version unless you don't want to fall behind(not that it wouldn't be possible to play without paying).

I get no joy from this game. The only joy would be to win so that I can quit, either one succeeds or fail.

"If they were that close to the wire, they shouldn't have been buying before."
Isn't a company trying to convince costumers to buy their product even if they lack money? For the money, the customers gain something equal and people would pay a certain amount until a price change occurred which didn't make the game worth it.

"Admins aren't payed (though morthy is technically a CM?). There are all of 4 people that work for inno who actually have accounts on the forums. They speak through the admins/CMs."

Using what you can use.

"oooh, insults, how mature"
That's how I see them and it's not just an insult, it's my and several peoples picture of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

All Admins are paid Innogames employees. And i can count 31 posts made by them.

I know people on the breadline who can afford an extra few ££ a month for pp. So i'm pretty sure it isn't that hard to manage.

A humble player

maybe a better idea not to do things that upset people that badly
Maybe a better idea to shut down innogames?

don't be ignorant. This argument has already been thrashed out in this very same thread. Your argument is that of an over-affluent snob who has no understanding of what any other lifestyle might be like. Apart from the moral bankrupcy of arguing that people with little money have no right to play, you are also forgetting that the cost translates differently in different currencies, and what may seem like a little money to you might be a large amount in other countries - but wait, they don't have a right to play either, right?
A person living in Vietnam, one of the poorest countries to play TW, need only give up 3 bowls of soup each month to pay the increased cost. (bowls of soup are a bad example, as they are quite probably important, but they are the only thing I know the Vietnamese price of off the top of my head)
I never argued that people who are poor have no right to play. (I have no job, live with my parents etc. Yet, I can pay for premium on 2-3 accounts constantly. That is, by myself, not my parents paying for it, me.) I argued if you were so completely poor that you cannot afford the increase of 2 dollars per month, then you shouldn't have been paying before, you should have been putting that money into savings. TW is F2P, they can play anyway.

lol well said
DarkChaos answered that quite well.
"sector+inflation+inno"

I don't believe that the server cost made any larger difference, the new recruitment weren't the reason for the price change either apparently which have been said several times in the thread. Making up excuses later just shows the lack of common sense.

The inflation should benefit Innogames as people spend more time on games.

And no, I do not like this game and several doesn't. The only thing I want is to win, taking responsibility and finishing what you started is only the right thing to do.
You don't know any of that. If you are buying more servers, starting new games, hiring more staff (which wasn't actually proven), giving out raises etc. you might have to raise costs. The bottom line is, there was reason. Some people just seem to selectively read.
And I laughed, if you hate it so much, why did you start?

However I can see the reason why the need a larger staff. EA who often fails to deliver quality games made somewhat a rip-off from Tw, however they made it a hundred times better. I still got a lot to try out, it's however a pay to play version unless you don't want to fall behind(not that it wouldn't be possible to play without paying).

I get no joy from this game. The only joy would be to win so that I can quit, either one succeeds or fail.
But in TW, you don't fall behind, and that is the attraction.

"If they were that close to the wire, they shouldn't have been buying before."
Isn't a company trying to convince costumers to buy their product even if they lack money? For the money, the customers gain something equal and people would pay a certain amount until a price change occurred which didn't make the game worth it.
Different companies have different business plans. Private jet companies don't market to lower class people, or people in third world countries. You sound like you want to run innogames, yet hate them. Maybe apply for a job?

"Admins aren't payed (though morthy is technically a CM?). There are all of 4 people that work for inno who actually have accounts on the forums. They speak through the admins/CMs."

Using what you can use.
DC already proved me wrong, so nether this nor what I previously said has any standing.
"oooh, insults, how mature"
That's how I see them and it's not just an insult, it's my and several peoples picture of them.[/QUOTE]
No, its plainly and simply an insult.
All Admins are paid Innogames employees. And i can count 31 posts made by them.

I know people on the breadline who can afford an extra few ££ a month for pp. So i'm pretty sure it isn't that hard to manage.
Thought it was on Community managers :/
meh

DeletedUser

I'd like to tell the story this way about the poor players that cannot pay for the price increasement:
I live in a conuntry where people are not used to online trading, for a large majority of population money mean cash, not a number in banks. Even if we have a bank account, trade online is very hard since we have to send there a certain amount of money (say 1.000 USD, kind of money-that-change-life in my country). So in order to buy TW PA, we deal with black market and pay by cash.
With the old price, I thought: Well, the game is interesting and people are friendly, I can afford that much to keep playing :).
When Innogames increase price, I can see the extra cash transfer to that dealer, not just number like you people, so I hesitate and don't want to pay for the game anymore (and no the extra doesn't cost 3 bowl of soup, it's 3 meals, we Vietnamese eat 1 bowl/meal)

DeletedUser

Raising the prices is just stupid. So what you gave us more features, i don't use half of them. Why not make the people that use them pay more.

Agreed, all these updates seem to do for 90% of it is send paying customers scurrying for the bug report section. All for updates I could really care less about. Don't like the noble planner(cept for my own personal marking purposes, but not to claim really anymore), I've clicked on the political a few times, mostly by mistake.

Some of the stuff is nice, like the trustees and the new map marking things.. however.. we've been asking for that stuff for years now and I have already gotten used to using outside tools such as twmap or using mails to keep stuff off the forums.

I'm not assed about the ads, so why make me pay more to remove them?

I have to assume that because people like me who got sick of being redirected by malicious ads just started using adblockers, so they weren't getting paid either way. It's terribly annoying to deal with that crap when you have a few thousand incs and are busy sniping and stacking.

DeletedUser

ok i get the need to rise prices some times but why do the set up have to be change to? now having so much points needed to be by and use for premium will be allot more complicate

and to be truth, it makes it look like the company is try to hide the increase of cost and confuse customers =/

A humble player

ok i get the need to rise prices some times but why do the set up have to be change to? now having so much points needed to be by and use for premium will be allot more complicate

and to be truth, it makes it look like the company is try to hide the increase of cost and confuse customers =/

asia server change, they needed one premium system. This has been answered an immense number of times.

DeletedUser

Are you guys still discussing this :)

I'd like to tell the story this way about the poor players that cannot pay for the price increasement:
I live in a conuntry where people are not used to online trading, for a large majority of population money mean cash, not a number in banks. Even if we have a bank account, trade online is very hard since we have to send there a certain amount of money (say 1.000 USD, kind of money-that-change-life in my country). So in order to buy TW PA, we deal with black market and pay by cash.
With the old price, I thought: Well, the game is interesting and people are friendly, I can afford that much to keep playing :).
When Innogames increase price, I can see the extra cash transfer to that dealer, not just number like you people, so I hesitate and don't want to pay for the game anymore (and no the extra doesn't cost 3 bowl of soup, it's 3 meals, we Vietnamese eat 1 bowl/meal)

I really feel sorry for the people having a hard time with the price increase. But honestly, you also need to start understanding how things work in the real world. Whether we are talking 1 candy bar, 3 full meals or a full months salary, the fact is anyone who has the right to complain have been using premium before the price change. Worst case increase is 50%, best case is basically no change in price. Thus in worst case you paid 1 candy bar, now you pay 1½ candy bar or worst case you paid 3 full meals, now you pay 4½ meals or worst case you paid 1 full month salary, now you pay 1½ month salary.

Point is, TW has always been a leisure activity, and if you were starving 1 day or spending your month salary on an on-line game, you should be happy that the price raise finally made you realize, that you don't have your priorities right concerning your money. If on the other hand, the price change adds up to something like a candy bar, you have the option to either eat one less candy bar, or stop playing. Either way, no need for sad stories. We all have our economical capacities. I am a student. I can't afford a private helicopter. I can't even afford a new computer without careful planning. But complaining about it, is not going to make people sell me helicopters or new computers at a price that suits me. We all have to accept, what we can afford in life and what we can not.

Status
Not open for further replies.