Newsletter #8 - Premium change - 2010-03-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamaleden

as long as the premium cost too expensive i will keep leaving the worlds one after another :( after playing for three years

DeletedUser

@hIghQue: this is NOT sad stories, as even the poorest TW player can afford internet connection, good computer and time. I stated that I can see the price increasement more clearly then you with credit card and I don't think it worth it

DeletedUser

Are you guys still discussing this :)

I really feel sorry for the people having a hard time with the price increase. But honestly, you also need to start understanding how things work in the real world.

I know right? Why do these people keep posing feedback in the feedback section? Perhaps you should go over to whatever country it is that these posters are from and just sort it all out. By god man.. show them the way to capitalism, hook them up with some student loans and scholarships along with a country with a solid economy. Then they'll be firmly rooted in the real world too and you won't be bothered by their pesky posts anymore.

DeletedUser

I know right? Why do these people keep posing feedback in the feedback section? Perhaps you should go over to whatever country it is that these posters are from and just sort it all out. By god man.. show them the way to capitalism, hook them up with some student loans and scholarships along with a country with a solid economy. Then they'll be firmly rooted in the real world too and you won't be bothered by their pesky posts anymore.

Was this actually an attempt to make him look dumb? You missed the mark Daz, your rant was just pointless and sarcastic.

You clearly missed what he was saying. If people were saying "damn, i hate when prices get jacked up!", then that would be simple feedback. But what people are actually saying is that Innogames somehow is foolish for rasing prices, or should feel guilty for doing so. And that just screams ignorance. Prices go up with time. Thats the way things work in ANY country, not just capitalist countries with solid economies.

Debate it all you want, but it isn't my opinion. This is fact. And one year from now, another fact will be that Innogames profit margin went up this year.

@CodaAlFine:
No one ever said these crybabies don't have the RIGHT to play. What A Humble Player or myself was saying is that if you are fine with paying $4 a month for premium, but $6 means you can no longer afford it, then you probably shouldn't be playing to begin with. I won't lose any sleep over their inability to properly manage finances, but when an extra $2 a month will make you unable to afford something, then you shouldn't be paying $4 a month for it in the first place.

In my opinion, they should be wearing a uniform asking "do you want fries with that?" with their spare time. Because if $2 "breaks the bank", you've got bigger problems than an Innogames price increase.

DeletedUser

Was this actually an attempt to make him look dumb? You missed the mark Daz, your rant was just pointless and sarcastic.

Actually if anything it would be making him look insensitive. And I'm not sure there's anything I could post on top of his post to do that. You're right, it was a sarcastic post, you get a gold star for getting 1 of 10 observations correct. And never tell someone they missed their mark with a post when you don't even get the basics of what they are saying..

You clearly missed what he was saying.

No, I got it. He was saying if you are hurting for money and can't afford prem with the change you are screwed and should shut up about it. If they can't afford to play anymore and will be quitting soon, I believe they should have the chance to speak out.

You seem to be in the same boat as him. Seems rather rude and cheap to take shots at people whom by your own admission already have big problems.. very unclassy. Then again.. some people need to kick others when they are down, they are just not equipped to kick anyone else.

DeletedUser

Actually if anything it would be making him look insensitive. And I'm not sure there's anything I could post on top of his post to do that. You're right, it was a sarcastic post, you get a gold star for getting 1 of 10 observations correct. And never tell someone they missed their mark with a post when you don't even get the basics of what they are saying..

No, I got it. He was saying if you are hurting for money and can't afford prem with the change you are screwed and should shut up about it. If they can't afford to play anymore and will be quitting soon, I believe they should have the chance to speak out.

You seem to be in the same boat as him. Seems rather rude and cheap to take shots at people whom by your own admission already have big problems.. very unclassy. Then again.. some people need to kick others when they are down, they are just not equipped to kick anyone else.

LOL wrong, and wrong again. You clearly DON'T understand. I don't think any of these people are down, and need to be kicked. With the exception of Jezuz, who brought up an interesting circumstance, I think they're all just being petty and trying to guilt Tribal Wars for having the nerve, the audacity, the INHUMANITY to raise their prices for the first time ever. How dare innogames!

Apparently the posts went over your head. I'll spell it out a little easier for you. I think it has nothing to do with whether or not they can afford it, they just don't want to pay more money. Thats all it is. Reasonable? Of course, no one want to pay more money. But for them to bring in struggling economies and losing their jobs was just excessive and irrelevent, hence the cheap shots about big problems, an extra $2 a month, and shooting down their misrepresentations of economic principles. To some people, $2 a month is a lot. THOSE PEOPLE DO NOT PLAY TRIBAL WARS. Quit defending them as if they are children in Haiti.

Eh, why not, I will make it even simpler for you to understand: The people here who say they CAN afford $4 a month, but can NOT afford $6 a month are LYING. The truth is, people who cannot afford $2 a month extra cannot afford the initial $4 a month. Ponder that, perhaps you will finally get the distinction.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'll spell it out a little easier for you. I think it has nothing to do with whether or not they can afford it, they just don't want to pay more money. Thats all it is. Reasonable?

I think you're missing the point. I could care less about any of that, I just think the players have the right to speak w/o some jerry springer wannabe flaming them.

I think their actual means, situations, and everything else is subjective and neither you nor I have the means to verify any of it. To even try to go down that road is pointless unless you are a drama seeker.

DeletedUser

I think you're missing the point. I could care less about any of that, I just think the players have the right to speak w/o some jerry springer wannabe flaming them.

I think their actual means, situations, and everything else is subjective and neither you nor I have the means to verify any of it. To even try to go down that road is pointless unless you are a drama seeker.

You should know its time to stop talking when you resort to this. None of what I said was drama-seeking or anything resembling the behavior of Jerry Springer. Jerry Springer facilitates arguments, he doesn't participate. Nice try though :)

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
you are dictating to people what they should do with their money/lives, and that is just plain nasty. What you say is, in effect, the poorer ones don't have a RIGHT to play. If they can't afford it then they shouldn't be playing? Or should be working at Maccas? I'm sorry but we're talking about human beings, not statistics. Do you seriously believe that if someone happens to have a worse financial situation than yours has less rights to entertainment? I think keeping some games cheap and available to everyone is actually quite a valid argument. Maybe if people in our world shared things rather than just trying to get more for themselves we wouldn't have this situation and everyone would be able to have their choice of entertainment. But no, you think it's better just to go and work for some multinational that screws people in other countries, as well as underpaying and screwing western employees, to make sure YOU have what you want. Oh yeah, that's a good solution. Never mind about the people who live where the beef, wheat, etc are raised - screw them, they shouldn't even WANT to play, right?

DeletedUser

you are dictating to people what they should do with their money/lives, and that is just plain nasty. What you say is, in effect, the poorer ones don't have a RIGHT to play. If they can't afford it then they shouldn't be playing? Or should be working at Maccas? I'm sorry but we're talking about human beings, not statistics. Do you seriously believe that if someone happens to have a worse financial situation than yours has less rights to entertainment? I think keeping some games cheap and available to everyone is actually quite a valid argument. Maybe if people in our world shared things rather than just trying to get more for themselves we wouldn't have this situation and everyone would be able to have their choice of entertainment. But no, you think it's better just to go and work for some multinational that screws people in other countries, as well as underpaying and screwing western employees, to make sure YOU have what you want. Oh yeah, that's a good solution. Never mind about the people who live where the beef, wheat, etc are raised - screw them, they shouldn't even WANT to play, right?
So you're saying that Innogames doesn't have the right to charge what they want for the services that they provide, and that you have the right to get whatever you want for whatever you want to pay for it?

Sorry, but that's not how the world works. Nobody is saying someone doesn't have the right to play; in fact playing TW can be entirely free to someone who's suitably motivated. The actual point that is being made is that players are complaining that they cannot pay the new prices when in fact they just don't want to, which is fine, there's nobody demanding that they pay more, but that doesn't mean they're incapable of paying more. It means that they're choosing not to, which is very much their right. On top of that, they even have the right to complain about the price increases as long as the follow the forum rules in doing so; they even have the right to lie in that complaint (the forums rules don't forbid lying after all, or stretching the truth, exaggerating, etc.), but if someone would choose to take part in any of those actions other members are very much in their right to call a player out and challenge the content of their posts. That is what's called an argument, and as long as everyone is reasonable about it (and follows the rules) there's nothing wrong with it.

DeletedUser

funny i fit in the latter catagory... i manage to get pa...

FYI they did try the whole sharing, artificial prices.... last time i checked they didn't last.... something about economy failing.....:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

You should know its time to stop talking when you resort to this. None of what I said was drama-seeking or anything resembling the behavior of Jerry Springer. Jerry Springer facilitates arguments, he doesn't participate. Nice try though :)

I never called you Jerry Springer, I acknowledge that he succeeded in his goals. I believe I described you as a wannabe. Please start reading before telling others when to stop putting things down for you to read, it implies simple literacy impotence on your part.

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
probably the thing I find the worst about this price increase is that people who have been playing for years suddenly can't afford to or can no longer justify the cost. So that means that a game you have been used to playing and have been building up one account in one world (for example) is just thrown away. And no, don't tell me it's free, because I don't care how "motivated" you are - even if you want to spend all day, if you have over 1000 villages, you can;t manually build the villages and troops and send out attacks and tag incomings and mint coins, without premium, and keep up with the players who have premium. The argument that it's a free game is just nonsense beyond a certain stage of the game.

All the arguments about the cost rise amounting to $2 are just abstract. If a price increases from $4 to $6 dollars, that is half as much again - and that is just rude. It's not acceptable anywhere - and pushing long term customers away doing it has to be just stupid. The figures - like "$2" are irrelevant. It's the percentage increase that is so apalling. OK I can afford to keep playing, that's great - but I certainly can't throw premium points at sat accounts the way I have in the past, because those points are a lot more valuable now.

I am not saying that TW should be a charity, just trying to show that there are other ways of thinking beyond "how much more can I get?" It seems to me that a lot of people are forgetting that.

And the sharing and artificial prices...no, it has never been tried. Versions of the idea have been attempted, but it has never been done properly anywhere (except in some places on a very small scale - and has worked in those contexts). The reason for failure on a larger scale was - guess what? People trying to line their own pockets! Surprise, surprise....

DeletedUser

yes it has been tried..... think 'reds under your bed'... they are a rather large part of history

also how many players on the .net server have more then 1000 villages

the only benefit that is gotten from pa in regard to buildings is longrer que times... scripts are not allowed to build villages

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
as I have said, it has never been put to trial in a proper sense.

It is very convenient to be able to use a building overview, especially in conjunction with villages that need to be built having been grouped. None of that can be done without premium. The only option you would have without premium is to name the villages a certain way to be able to recognise them without clicking on every one, and then the enemy can work your system out too. And in any case building is the least of it because normally the majority of your villages will be built, only new villages or villages under attack have to be built (and there as I said it's very nice to be able to scroll down a building overview to see where the walls are low or whatever). Your problems are troop building which is constant, (well if you use the account properly which I guess you won't without premium), attack labelling and coin minting. Even sending attacks is annoying without premium because you have to open every village to see what troops it has. If you have ever tried to keep up on coin minting without premium with several hundred villages you would know that it takes more time than a desk job lol

DeletedUser

as I have said, it has never been put to trial in a proper sense.

It is very convenient to be able to use a building overview, especially in conjunction with villages that need to be built having been grouped. None of that can be done without premium. The only option you would have without premium is to name the villages a certain way to be able to recognise them without clicking on every one, and then the enemy can work your system out too. And in any case building is the least of it because normally the majority of your villages will be built, only new villages or villages under attack have to be built (and there as I said it's very nice to be able to scroll down a building overview to see where the walls are low or whatever). Your problems are troop building which is constant, (well if you use the account properly which I guess you won't without premium), attack labelling and coin minting. Even sending attacks is annoying without premium because you have to open every village to see what troops it has. If you have ever tried to keep up on coin minting without premium with several hundred villages you would know that it takes more time than a desk job lol

how more proper can you get then a national idealism....

DeletedUser

probably the thing I find the worst about this price increase is that people who have been playing for years suddenly can't afford to or can no longer justify the cost.

If a price increases from $4 to $6 dollars, that is half as much again - and that is just rude. It's not acceptable anywhere -

The rest of your post was just BS, here is the substance summed up in a nutshell. I like to think I have a knack for explaining things very clearly, but I guess I am kidding myself. I've shot these down repeatedly, but there are clearly a few who just can't understand.

To those people who believe these two excerpts, I recommend a career outside of economics or business (and no Coda, I am not saying they dont have a RIGHT to pursue that career). If you say to an economics professor that a price increase is "just rude", hes going to fail you, or just laugh hysterically.

The second quote is among the most childish and ignorant things I've heard on these forums and explaining to him/her how the world works just would be futile. Read back a few posts for clear rebuttal of the first quote. Sometimes I have the patience for continually breaking things down until 4 year olds can get it, but not today.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

oh, and here is one of the examples of clear exaggeration, yet again taking things well beyond the scope of the topic. None of the opinions, or baseless attempts at facts, are true in this entire post. Again, No one has said anything about having the right to play. But Innogames has the right to charge for a service it costs them money to manage and maintain, your self-centered ideals are clouding that reality. If Tribal Wars was a necessity, like food, shelter or clothing, then people should help them get it. But we are talking about a computerized game, the people who want to play have to pay.

If you want me to talk about rights that they dont have, here: They do NOT have the RIGHT to expect to receive free products or services that cost the makers of those services time and money, nor do they have the right to expect the prices of those goods or services to remain constant for years and years.

DeletedUser

yo-1.png

I find this rather odd...

Status
Not open for further replies.