Top 20 Tribes Opinions #2

Matalito

No, you are entitled to your opinion, but your facts saying that quitting 3 or 4 weeks was totally off and dead wrong.

Ease up a bit michael. He already said it wasn't a fact, but an exaggeration. It's actually a literary device called hyperbole. I cant define it better than Wikipedia so here:
Hyperbole: is a rhetorical device in which statements are exaggerated. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.

I think most readers knew he wasn't putting down an exact time frame. Either way, the difference between 3 weeks, or 5 or 6 weeks or whatever it was makes little difference in his argument.
I think its clear you really took exception to what he said and so you tried to call him out on the one part of his comment that you could actually rebut, in an attempt to lower his credibility, thereby nullifying his comments altogether.

And if you were really tired of being classified this way, you would ignore posts like this instead of giving so much attention.
The truth is everyone in Haze knows how good they are, or they wouldn't be sitting there with so few members still. They do well at not acting arrogant on the forums and claiming to be 'leet' and all that. But they know how the general population of TW views them.
Don't just say 'we are nothing but friends playing a game'. While that may be true, we all know there is more going on then that.
So just relax a bit man, and don't try so hard to rebut a pointless part of his post.

Now this part is for fun:

somnathroy said:
Wrong. That's Hug's reputation. Everyone loves to flame us, not 1/0. Next time, I suggest you check the forums a bit.

Attention whore much?

somnathroy said:
I can't see how you would term them as "fail" and a "big disappointment" considering they have maintained top 10 rank since their creation. True they have fallen in the rankings, but that's due to other tribes merging and having higher number of members. If you see the players' rankings, they have quite a few in the top 20. I don't think ranks really matter to them. I am sure they can take out a few of the tribes above them in rankings who are equal in size and points to them.

Kiss ass much?

DeletedUser

Attention whore much?

Kiss ass much?

Lol you don't have anything to do seriously than to flame Hug all the time, eh? I said what I felt like saying, if you don't like it, shut up and don't comment. Somehow I find you saying "attention whore much" in virtually every post you make, better make it your sig so that you don't have to type it everytime. :icon_rolleyes:

Matalito

Lol you don't have anything to do seriously than to flame Hug all the time, eh? I said what I felt like saying, if you don't like it, shut up and don't comment. Somehow I find you saying "attention whore much" in virtually every post you make, better make it your sig so that you don't have to type it everytime. :icon_rolleyes:

Are you serious? First of all, quote me one place on the forums where I have flamed Hug... Because I certainly didn't do it here. (Or anywhere else for that matter. I may have joined a discussion or two and posted a few arguments backed up with some evidence to support what I said. But that is a proper debate format, and very far from the definition of flaming.)
These comments were directly about you, not your tribe.

And I don't feel like I have been saying attention whore in that high of a percentage of my posts. I think I did say it once yesterday. Thats probably what you're remembering. (And if you look below, you will see, I have no sig, so it would be kinda hard to make that my sig, don't ya think?)

In response to your entire post I will repeat something you just said:
I said what I felt like saying, if you don't like it, shut up and don't comment. then too bad. (See I'm not presumptuous enough to feel like I can tell you what to do. You are free to post as you want on here.)

Now if you are going to respond to this post, I just ask that you put a little effort into it, instead of just showing anger. But of course you are free to keep posting crap if you choose.

DeletedUser

Are you serious? First of all, quote me one place on the forums where I have flamed Hug... Because I certainly didn't do it here. (Or anywhere else for that matter. I may have joined a discussion or two and posted a few arguments backed up with some evidence to support what I said. But that is a proper debate format, and very far from the definition of flaming.)
These comments were directly about you, not your tribe.

And I don't feel like I have been saying attention whore in that high of a percentage of my posts. I think I did say it once yesterday. Thats probably what you're remembering. (And if you look below, you will see, I have no sig, so it would be kinda hard to make that my sig, don't ya think?)

In response to your entire post I will repeat something you just said:
I said what I felt like saying, if you don't like it, shut up and don't comment. then too bad. (See I'm not presumptuous enough to feel like I can tell you what to do. You are free to post as you want on here.)

Now if you are going to respond to this post, I just ask that you put a little effort into it, instead of just showing anger. But of course you are free to keep posting crap if you choose.

First of all, my comment about Hug being the object of highest flaming was said jokingly, if you didn't get that. I don't mind anything "attention whoring" in it. And secondly, I stated a true fact which doesn't account to kissing ass (although you would probably feel like that). The author made derogatory remarks and I corrected (or tried to correct) him and it doesn't amount to praising Haze in any way. But you just had to comment for the sake of commenting just to start up another useless flaming episode and deviating the topic from its original purpose.

DeletedUser

and that was theresults of a spy who had war plans and still couldnt prevent us from capping more than they did .Sars! is done without outside help and KK proved it hes a noob at best. Sad full village ennoblement info and we still took a lead ,minus there recaps they did nothing

as everyone knows spies are as good a weapon if not better than an axe or a lance

dont invite spies into your tribe and things like that wont happen , the fact of the matter is you didnt cap more than you did

DeletedUser

The author made derogatory remarks and I corrected (or tried to correct) him and it doesn't amount to praising Haze in any way. But you just had to comment for the sake of commenting just to start up another useless flaming episode and deviating the topic from its original purpose. [/FONT][/SIZE]

i would hardly call a slight joke about certain members quitting after 3 weeks derogatory

DeletedUser

Btw when you claim incessantly it was a intelligently used hyperbole, fine. I EVERY single one of 1/0's players are shitty posters who just troll stuff they dont know anything about. When actually, largely I just find you an incredibly shitty poster who trolls something that you know nothing about, and it's just a false statement that can be proven to be false but we'll go by your definition CHECK OUT MY HYPERBOLE GUYZ :)

your hardly an advert for poster of the year yourself with this junk

lets be honest the standard of posting from 99% of the people who post on here is not the best , infact id go so far as to say the w49 forum is one of the worst iv encountered

and the lowest common denominator of these forums happens to be in your tribe so bear that in mind next time your calling shitty posters :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

i would hardly call a slight joke about certain members quitting after 3 weeks derogatory

You fail to grasp the fact that Haze aren't Fame. Fame. had around 35 members, some quit and some relocated after the war with Adroit. Most gave up (excluding the Haze members), Elise played on the rim for a while, but she switched to W50 when it came out.

DeletedUser

You fail to grasp the fact that Haze aren't Fame. Fame. had around 35 members, some quit and some relocated after the war with Adroit. Most gave up (excluding the Haze members), Elise played on the rim for a while, but she switched to W50 when it came out.

ok , anyways this discussion is about top 20 opinions . not opinions about quivvers top 20 opinions

iv said my piece , lets just leave it at that :icon_rolleyes:

Michael Corleone.

Ease up a bit michael. He already said it wasn't a fact, but an exaggeration. It's actually a literary device called hyperbole. I cant define it better than Wikipedia so here:
Hyperbole: is a rhetorical device in which statements are exaggerated. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.

I think most readers knew he wasn't putting down an exact time frame. Either way, the difference between 3 weeks, or 5 or 6 weeks or whatever it was makes little difference in his argument.
I think its clear you really took exception to what he said and so you tried to call him out on the one part of his comment that you could actually rebut, in an attempt to lower his credibility, thereby nullifying his comments altogether.

And if you were really tired of being classified this way, you would ignore posts like this instead of giving so much attention.
The truth is everyone in Haze knows how good they are, or they wouldn't be sitting there with so few members still. They do well at not acting arrogant on the forums and claiming to be 'leet' and all that. But they know how the general population of TW views them.
Don't just say 'we are nothing but friends playing a game'. While that may be true, we all know there is more going on then that.
So just relax a bit man, and don't try so hard to rebut a pointless part of his post.
Oh really? Explain to me what is going on then.

Matalito

Oh really? Explain to me what is going on then.

I don't know man. Nothing as serious as you took that to mean.

I just mean, they all know how good they are and they want to do something special or great I'm sure. They didn't join just to get in a circle jerk with each other. They probably want to accomplish something while they are here.

You are overreacting again to the wrong things here. Nothing I said was intended to be hostile. And the original post that got your attention, while his judging of Haze might have been a bit harsh, I don't think it was meant to be hostile and anger anyone.
He was very direct about what he has seen. He gave his opinion, if it is ill-informed, the come in and join the discussion. You chose to jump in and flat out insult him over a technicality of a couple weeks. Just be aware that doing that reflects badly on you, not him.

somnathroy said:
First of all, my comment about Hug being the object of highest flaming was said jokingly, if you didn't get that. I don't mind anything "attention whoring" in it.

Well I did get that it was a joke actually. Thats why it was attention whoring. You took comments about someone else and tried to draw attention to you and your tribe instead.
Believe me, I thought all that out before posting, if I had thought you meant that, I would have called it stupid.

somnathroy said:
But you just had to comment for the sake of commenting just to start up another useless flaming episode and deviating the topic from its original purpose.

This isn't exactly accurate though. The bulk of my post was very much on topic with the thread. I simply threw a couple flames at you for fun at the end. I didn't know it would be so easy to get a reaction out of you...
You know, if you just ignore a flame it goes away quickly and no one will remember it. Now we are still discussing it almost a page later.
But it was a joke so don't worry about it.

Ihatetherain said:
Btw when you claim incessantly it was a intelligently used hyperbole, fine. I EVERY single one of 1/0's players are shitty posters who just troll stuff they dont know anything about. When actually, largely I just find you an incredibly shitty poster who trolls something that you know nothing about, and it's just a false statement that can be proven to be false but we'll go by your definition CHECK OUT MY HYPERBOLE GUYZ

And to the jackass who clearly deleted his post, but thankfully someone already quoted it:
First of all, I didn't claim anything incessantly, I stated it once. And you clearly missed the point, because I never said that his opinion of Haze was a hyperbole, I said the comment about 3 weeks was a hyperbole. It was an obvious exaggeration used to try and emphasize his opinion.
Your comments are absolute garbage, and if you cant respond better than that don't expect me to reply to your posts again.

EDIT: Anyways, that post above mine is really great. Nice work Sileroka. Everyone just ignore me and reply to his post.
EDIT 2: Thats wierd, it disappeared along with KK's response to it...

Last edited:

DeletedUser

3 BMF - have a good grip on their area and perfectly poised to pounce on their big neighbours

This 3rd ranked tribe has decided to attack us CURE, ranked 20. We've already killed a bunch of trains :icon_cool:
Seems like they don't want to take advantage of being "perfectly poised to pounce on their big neighbors"

I find it hilarious that 3rd ranked BMF needed to tell us that "script problems" were the reason for the incomings.

DeletedUser

This 3rd ranked tribe has decided to attack us CURE, ranked 20. We've already killed a bunch of trains :icon_cool:
Seems like they don't want to take advantage of being "perfectly poised to pounce on their big neighbors"

I find it hilarious that 3rd ranked BMF needed to tell us that "script problems" were the reason for the incomings.

Hehehe being that no villas have been nobled in the last week by BMF on your tribe i find it hard to beleive they are seriously attacking you.

Bmf seem to take out tribes that are in the 15-25 rank area from what i have seen from stats. They probably just want another k lol. but when real attacks come they seem to do pretty well from what Ive seen.

But hey if they do start to noble atleast you will have some fun.

DeletedUser

EDIT: Anyways, that post above mine is really great. Nice work Sileroka. Everyone just ignore me and reply to his post.

my rating system was not approved :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

ya, im gonna go through and censor it at some point today :icon_wink: You mind reviewing my censored one before I post?

DeletedUser

First, let me say that I do not frequent the forums, so flame on it will be a week before i see it.

Secondly, most of you really do not care, and seriously I do not either, but I'd like to point out how little many know about the rankings.
AR is fighting paint very well, I know because I am in the area and keep track of them. Seems the noobs have at least found the effort to be on line enough to ruin a few days of paints efforts. I will say it appears to be all of AR vrs 5 paint members, but it shows that at last that paint is not sure what they want, and AR is ready to put their best forward.

SO..... I wonder how ill founded other opinions are?

DeletedUser

Just a question if the member of hugs can give their time RL really.or this game has become their obsession

DeletedUser

For id say a good 50% of us it has become an obsession thats everyone not just hug hehe. The game grows on you and then takes over your mind. but a lot of the good players do have a fair bit of free time.

DeletedUser

And to the jackass who clearly deleted his post, but thankfully someone already quoted it:
First of all, I didn't claim anything incessantly, I stated it once. And you clearly missed the point, because I never said that his opinion of Haze was a hyperbole, I said the comment about 3 weeks was a hyperbole. It was an obvious exaggeration used to try and emphasize his opinion.
Your comments are absolute garbage, and if you cant respond better than that don't expect me to reply to your posts again.

I deleted as I couldn't be bothered to go for ages with back and forth arguing (and btw, that was about a quarter of my post) and the derailment of this thread. It's really ironic how you are often saying "relax" or telling people to not flame when what was your opening line in response to me? Yeah. An uninformed insult on someone you don't know.

ps I can never be bothered to argue on these forums so I wouldn't expect a response again. :icon_rolleyes: