A Eulogy to ATEN

Mysticjelly2

interesting thing with this quote is that HOT did this not once but twice lol.

DeletedUser2566

nice post junkmonger but aten died long ago. they only held out last year by merging loads.

nort

marlowdude i think will share his beer with me. So cameron i shall come for you. but unfortunately i dont know who to send attacks to as there is no cameron. GAHH! stop hiding! this is not scotland yard and i dont make a good detective. I am more like a genghis khan. Burn the village to kill the one i need if i have to! so REB VILLAGES MUST BURN! you all shall die! i am on a camie hunt! lets go HUNTING!!!!

Down with the REBels. NO more anarchy! first i shall attack slacker REBels so that the easy stuff is consolidated under my rule. then i shall move on to the bigger fish and use the might of my armies and words to wear them down until they give in to despair as they realize they cant stand before the sexy cool nort! LONG LIVE THE NORT!

nort

and if that dont work. i shall try throwing enough bad puns at them that they are sick of hearing it and just leave to get away from me...

nort

AHA! see my plan is working already. cameron went to a fortune teller and was warned that he would eventually face me and my bad puns and left years ago! ohh yes my plans all are coming along nicely! next up... hmm have to find someone!

DeletedUser

I was the fortune teller, oh how i am great. :)

I was 14 or 15 when I made the account silly goose :p I'm now a young man :)

So your name was telling the truth but speaking in present day tense, it is a lie?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Welcome back, (for a bit) then :D

Thanks. :)

@DarkChaos - Yet again you make my point seem futile and almost meaningless. Very well put my friend - and I must admit, I did find myself wondering whether it was really sufficient to reach the end game stage just yet. I guess I was allowing myself to hope, rather than doing the leg work to find out that my hopes were probably unfounded. Alas, I can only keep hoping that we maintain a majority, and make enough headway against REB that the admins provide us with the end game phase. Viva la revolution!

On another note... the monkey is back. :icon_surprised:

walleye

Ask Redsha if all we do is eat Barbs. lol!! We pretty much had no choice but to eat barbs, as many of our members left and there were greys everywhere. REB knows this because they've been eating those Barbs just as much as we have. I just think you're upset because the roles have been reversed. I don't think our tribe is 2nd rate at all. Our tribe still existing should be proof enough.

Thats a lot of Barbs -- http://www.twstats.com/en2/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&id=46699&pn=1&type=&enemy=-1&enemyt=-1&min=0&max=0

whats the difference between a set of barbs and an account that doesn't have an owner? NOTHING. moron. worst example to give, it almost proves {whoever's} point about LWS and their barb-fetish.

DeletedUser

Hey Junk, good initial post.

As a long time ATEN|E member I do miss the old days.

We did defeat Rum. We did fight many enemies and often stood alone.

The only war we did not win was the war against the Saints. They ran to HOT.

Now I get to participate in the destruction of the Saints and actually return to my homelands that are currently occupied by HOT/REB.

The original Olderthandirt aka __Predator__

walleye

Hey Junk, good initial post.

As a long time ATEN|E member I do miss the old days.

We did defeat Rum. We did fight many enemies and often stood alone.

The only war we did not win was the war against the Saints. They ran to HOT.

Now I get to participate in the destruction of the Saints and actually return to my homelands that are currently occupied by HOT/REB.

i only count one ex-saints member in the REB line up. am i missing people?

DeletedUser

I think it's more what the land represented at one point or another.

It's like if you were to have a grudge against indigenous people from ages ago, so you attack the people who occupy the land now. There's little relevance as far as the people are concerned. But, considering this is a war game, it works as a reasonable motivation.

Reasonable because no one's getting hurt. Otherwise it's slightly random.

walleye

I think it's more what the land represented at one point or another.

It's like if you were to have a grudge against indigenous people from ages ago, so you attack the people who occupy the land now. There's little relevance as far as the people are concerned. But, considering this is a war game, it works as a reasonable motivation.

Reasonable because no one's getting hurt. Otherwise it's slightly random.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???
thats neither true in the real world nor this world, its not reasonable in either, and its not whats happening now in world 2. i dont know where you pulled that from.

its just that there's a conceived notion that REB is somehow a saints reincarnation (in part), and as i said before, there seems to be only one ex-saints account, unless im missing a few people

DeletedUser

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???
thats neither true in the real world nor this world, its not reasonable in either, and its not whats happening now in world 2. i dont know where you pulled that from.

its just that there's a conceived notion that REB is somehow a saints reincarnation (in part), and as i said before, there seems to be only one ex-saints account, unless im missing a few people

REB have villages in locations similar to where Saints had villages back when olderthandirt was fighting them. That means the location olderthandirt was familiar with as enemy territory is where REB is. This translates to REB helping olderthandirt "participate in the destruction of the Saints" in a similar logic to the scenario "you have a grudge against indigenous people from ages ago, so you attack the people who occupy the land now". That is where the similarity is.

It is true in the real world and is often called a misunderstanding, or flawed logic, or irrational, or similar to these three. A practical scenario has happened in history before, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

I said this is reasonable only because "no one's getting hurt" as "this is a war game". This irrationalisation works well as motivation to play the game and is therefore reasonable in the context.

Furthermore, what I'm saying is only to explore the reasoning displayed in olderthandirt's post to supply an explanation to why your inability to count more than "one ex-saints member in the REB line up" doesn't conflict with olderthandirt's post.

walleye

It is true in the real world and is often called a misunderstanding, or flawed logic, or irrational, or similar to these three. A practical scenario has happened in history before, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

please find out, id very interested in hearing it, but already i can tell itll be a highly debatable grey area.

as for the rest of the post, i understand where youre coming from, but i still disagree with it. agree to disagree.

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
please find out, id very interested in hearing it, but already i can tell itll be a highly debatable grey area.

as for the rest of the post, i understand where youre coming from, but i still disagree with it. agree to disagree.

It's pretty much the same as: you have two countries. Country A and Country B. Country A does something at year 1000 to piss Country B off royal, and they war a while, then it dies out. At year 1500, ten generations later, Country B goes to war over it again when they've strengthened up. The people that did it, they're five generations gone. Whatever identity they hold now, doesn't matter. It's the revenge that counts, the symbolic conquer of the lands that did something against them.

Kinda... :p

DeletedUser

Tenerife is wonderful this time of year. You all should try it...seriously, like straight away for a month or two at least.

I thought I should answer some of the comments being made here. Apologies if I miss any...I’m still catching up the lost sleep.

Vaia....which no support incident were you referring to? If it was Knightheart, this was about 5 months ago and the convo went something like this...
Babs – Please can REB send support to Knightheart in k41/42 (I forget which)
Hooch – Where exactly does he need support and when do the attacks arrive? We are getting spread pretty thin.
Babs – list of villages...these are the ones most in need.
Hooch – When exactly do attacks land? We are fairly close and can cover close ranch if we know when its needed, but we need to be careful with support because we have several players needing support.
Babs – I’m not going to insult him by asking him that. He said he needs support and that should be good enough.
...yes I know I’ve missed chunks out, but this was quite a few months ago. Well I sent support personally and i asked others to do same, and i know it was done because at least one complained that Knightheart didn’t even say thank you. In the 3 or 4 months that my support was in knight heart’s villages I received not a single red, green or any sort of report of my troops being touched. I don’t filter out reports.

Can’t remember who said this, but it was something about Aten’s problem with the war was lack of close range targets. I can clearly remember Dougalo7 offering some of his own villages to Aten to give them a new foothold closer to the action. No-one took up the offer. I also offered up Redsha villages....again no-one took up the offer. So I have to ask why is that? Was it because you were too busy clearing the greys and inactives from your own areas and so were happy to let REB carry on with the war? I’m not complaining...we prefer a red diet to any grey or blue one. But now your greys and inactives have nearly all gone so it seems you’ve looked for an excuse for closer targets, specially since Ysiek is off the menu.

Nort ...why did I take in Ysiek? The big, big question. Well at the time you and Ysiek were both pushing for an invite to REB. It was very clear from what you were both saying that you were not prepared to play on the same side any more. So we asked Aten which would they prefer to keep. The answer came back Nort...and I can see now why. When Mikeys kicked Ysiek I picked him up because REB could not afford to let ATEN be diverted from the real battle. I admit I was hasty, but I honestly thought you’d given up on him and were preparing to rim him. Everything pointed to that...Mikeys gave Ysiek 48 hrs to comply, but kicked him out inside 24 hrs and you were claiming his villages on the noble planner. You threw him away so we picked him up.

Jirki....funny comments. And not so long ago that you were asking for an invite to REB yourself. For yourself and a certain other Swedish player. But I insisted you spoke to Modesty first and as I expected she would, she talked you out of switching sides. Yes...there is still some honour among thieves.

But I would like to thank you all for the honour and respect you’ve given us. Its one usually reserved for the tribe all others fear, the one they think is most likely to win. Hey, guys..look we are only rank 3 so I’m not sure its deserved, but thanks anyway...we’ll do our best not to disappoint you.

And a special message for Mikeys and Jas. Mikeys...you asked for our help in the war against TW, You vowed that TW were not going to win W2 whatever happened....but now after years of fighting you seem to want to give it to them gift wrapped. Strange that. Yes we’d toyed with the idea of a ceasefire with LWS and SPQR....but only because we felt we’d already done more than our share and because I had sympathy and respect for our enemy. We toyed with the idea...but even though you clearly didn’t count me as a friend any more, we chose not to stray from the battle.

Jas...hate to say this mate, but when people said to me EA are just Aten in another name I always said no...they are independent. Good luck. I hope one day you learn to stand or even walk without the assistance of strings or any hand firmly placed in your down under region. If not you may as well just go all the way and become EGAtenB....but wait...now I see another plan emerging....perhaps LWS aren’t going to come out victorious after all.

And I'd just like to finish by mentioning a few names. Some of you will realise why these names are significant...others, well try guessing. :)

Colossus - bart and milhouse ...yes that one hurt me a lot...but i got over it.

ternith, paper, raivyn...again...we moved on and still same side so no worries.

jacton? hmmm maybe,

Redsha......we didnt have to..but he was moved

name omitted??...left in LWS for a reason and not by REB

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
You know I'm just shitstirring here, and everyone knows I won't sit out any opportunity to bash ex-HOT, especially not Hanlin (yeah Hanlin, if you're the original and read this... I ain't forgotten TAINT). :icon_wink: