Guide Library

DeletedUser

Tonight's update is actually fairly substantial, given that I was at a family gathering most of the day and didn't have much time. Got done rating Qwe4rty's intermediate guides and Red's efficiency guide.
Tomorrow I hope to rate the final four guides in the intermediate section and move on to rating the advanced guides.

DeletedUser

sounds like tiring :icon_sad:
is it necessary to rate the guides yourself?

why not set something like other sites do,
letting readers to give their own ratings?

Then u will have less job to do :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Because crowd-sourcing ratings often gets you inaccurate ratings from people who didn't actually read what they are rating.

DeletedUser

But it served as a general view of the majority of readers/viewers
sure some views may be different or skewed by own supporters
I may sometimes get disappointed in watching a highly rated movie/anime which is worse than kids' film play
but overall, most of the highly rated ones are still better to watch than the lowly rated ones

DeletedUser

But it served as a general view of the majority of readers/viewers
sure some views may be different or skewed by own supporters
I may sometimes get disappointed in watching a highly rated movie/anime which is worse than kids' film play
but overall, most of the highly rated ones are still better to watch than the lowly rated ones

I disagree with that. I find the ratings of movie critics to be far more accurate than crowd-sourced ratings.

That argument aside, it's also near impossible, logistically, to set up a ratings system. I could use the forum rating system, but that's out of 5 and has no comments.
Plus, I already do use some of the comments on guides to help me determine criticisms of the guide, and see if I missed anything of value.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Can I suggest that once the ratings have been done, the order of each section is re-arranged so the higher guides are at the top of the spoiler, and then it goes down in decreasing value for guides? Purely so that people can easily see where the more useful guides would be located out of the ones for each section :)

DeletedUser

Can I suggest that once the ratings have been done, the order of each section is re-arranged so the higher guides are at the top of the spoiler, and then it goes down in decreasing value for guides? Purely so that people can easily see where the more useful guides would be located out of the ones for each section :)

Already intending to do that, but thanks for the suggestion :icon_wink:
I started to consider it when I noticed that the top guide in each section got the most clicks on its link.

EDIT: Tonight's update consists solely of the rating for repinki's village and troop build guide. Sorry guys, some stuff happened in RL plus there was a bout of spam threads on W50 I had to deal with. I'll try to get more done tomorrow :icon_razz:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hey DaWolf I'm back! Long time no read. Thanks for updating this, now it is time for me to start reading =-).

DeletedUser

Hey DaWolf I'm back! Long time no read. Thanks for updating this, now it is time for me to start reading =-).

Thanks for updating, he says... I haven't updated this in months :lol:

DeletedUser

I found an interesting guide that I couldn't find here but was very informative and had information I haven't seen in the guides linked from here. http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=227586 Very well done in my opinion even though it was never finished :(. Has builds but at the same time the builds have descriptions for when and how to use them. It has ones that aren't recommended with reasons why and ones that aren't tried etc. Kind of a compilation of sorts as well as a guide.

DeletedUser

I found an interesting guide that I couldn't find here but was very informative and had information I haven't seen in the guides linked from here. http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=227586 Very well done in my opinion even though it was never finished :(. Has builds but at the same time the builds have descriptions for when and how to use them. It has ones that aren't recommended with reasons why and ones that aren't tried etc. Kind of a compilation of sorts as well as a guide.

That is an exceptionally long guide. I'll add it in the next update though, under the compilations section.
And yes, another update is actually coming soon.

DeletedUser

Wonder if this is Blizzard's definition of "soon"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wonder if this is Blizzard's definition of "soon"

It's my definition of soon. Which usually means "sometime this year".
Though in this case you're in luck because I meant "this weekend".

Repinski

I really need to update my guide. Meh forget it. It's a good guide even though I've altered my builds slightly. The building format remains the same. Troops not much of a change.