Guide Library

DeletedUser

Something like that :icon_biggrin:
ahh so 36 weeks?

[spoil] :axemen::axemen: :lightcavalry::lightcavalry::scout::scout: :swordsman::swordsman: :spear::spear::spear: :ram::ram::cata: :cata: :heavycavalry::heavycavalry::villagers::villagers::villagers:[/spoil]
*whistles*

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Googly
Approaching Defending
Defensive Techniques
NOTE: These are technically two separate guides, however, the first guide is basically a guide to properly using everything described in the second guide.
Overall rating: 100/100

I've updated the defensive guide explaining how to snipe in various ways with a demonstration of a 1ms cancel snipe. Can I get that bonus point for good behaviour now Wolfy? :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Firstly, brilliant that all the guides have been put in one place, so much easier than I last remembering it being a few years ago. But can I make a suggestion for the list to the author, DaWolf85?

In his breakdown of each guide in spoilers, the author mentions very frequently that a guide hasn't been updated for so long. I think it would be very useful (read: virtually necessary) if next to each guide was the Last Updated date if possible. This is usually easy to find out since we're on a forum, and guides are in the form of posts, which usually have times and dates of when they were last edited/updated. Just a suggestion, and one I think could be very very useful to all those reading through this list as I was. You do mention quite a few times that such-and-such a guide hasn't been updated in a while, but there is no way of telling when you could have written that comment: it could have been 5 months or 5 years ago, and I think you'll agree with the fact that it's much better to trust and take information from a guide written 5 months ago than one 5 years ago: hence why I think we need a Last Updated line for each guide.

Thanks and all the best, Hashim

DeletedUser

Firstly, brilliant that all the guides have been put in one place, so much easier than I last remembering it being a few years ago. But can I make a suggestion for the list to the author, DaWolf85?

In his breakdown of each guide in spoilers, the author mentions very frequently that a guide hasn't been updated for so long. I think it would be very useful (read: virtually necessary) if next to each guide was the Last Updated date if possible. This is usually easy to find out since we're on a forum, and guides are in the form of posts, which usually have times and dates of when they were last edited/updated. Just a suggestion, and one I think could be very very useful to all those reading through this list as I was. You do mention quite a few times that such-and-such a guide hasn't been updated in a while, but there is no way of telling when you could have written that comment: it could have been 5 months or 5 years ago, and I think you'll agree with the fact that it's much better to trust and take information from a guide written 5 months ago than one 5 years ago: hence why I think we need a Last Updated line for each guide.

Thanks and all the best, Hashim

I could most certainly do that. My only concern is how long it would take me to realize that a guide had been updated, and change the "last updated" date. :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

I could most certainly do that. My only concern is how long it would take me to realize that a guide had been updated, and change the "last updated" date. :icon_redface:

Good point. To remedy that, maybe you could have a specific time in which you update the Guide Library and all the guides in it. So, say every week/two weeks/even every month if you're really busy. As long as something is set in place for it to be updated at a specific time, on a recurring basis. :)

To also add to the usefulness of this, maybe also have a Last Reviewed date, in which you just put the date you last reviewed a guide. So you'd have a Last Updated date for each guide, which is basically the date the author of the guide last updated, and a Last Reviewed date which is when you last checked over the guide for accuracy, etc. Hope that makes sense. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

or just have an area of currently Outdated guides with some reasons included as to why its Outdated.

DeletedUser

Hey, thought I would return and the first place I went to, was the guide library of course! Anything new coming up DaWolf? :(

DeletedUser

Mhmm and those things would be what exactly? :icon_neutral: And when? :icon_rolleyes:
That would ruin the surprise.
And force me to do things.

Nah, but really, I'm working on it. It may be a while, though, I'm making some fairly major changes.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
That would ruin the surprise.
And force me to do things.

Nah, but really, I'm working on it. It may be a while, though, I'm making some fairly major changes.

You could have just gone with the update I did for you months back :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

You could have just gone with the update I did for you months back :icon_cry:
I'm using it, but only partially as there are many changes I'm making that yours didn't include (probably because I haven't told you about them yet).
Also, I'm going to give the update (which will be version 4.0) a release date of late August/early September.

DeletedUser107086

1. I've looked at the library and there are some awesome guides that will help many people (me included :icon_biggrin: so thanks).

2. Can you tell us something about the update?

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'm using it, but only partially as there are many changes I'm making that yours didn't include (probably because I haven't told you about them yet).
Also, I'm going to give the update (which will be version 4.0) a release date of late August/early September.
:icon_cool: Extra credits ftw!

You should log in to skype for a catch-up. Did I mention I merged our account in to another one and set it to delete several days ago? :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Can you tell us something about the update?
The main purpose of Version 4 is to streamline the library. This involves making it easier to find guides, removing some older/inaccurate guides, standardizing everything, and making it look nicer. I'll also add some new content.
EDIT: I'll try and give a perspective on how much work has been done. There are 10 items on the changelog for V4. 7 currently have statuses of In Progress. These are mainly the most important and most time-consuming ones, like rerating all the guides. In Progress items also include a few items that are simple, but depend on the time-consuming items, such as adding "Last reviewed" dates to all the guides. The 3 other items have not yet been started, but they are mainly simpler items, such as writing an introduction to the library.

As for skype - I can't log into skype right now as my laptop is highly broken (GPU died) and it only boots in safe mode (which runs off the integrated graphics and therefore works fine). Skype, sadly, will not boot for me in safe mode.
However, what this does mean is basically the only thing I can do beside my usual internet browsing is work on the library. So productivity will be way up for the next week or so, until I get a new computer.

Last edited by a moderator: