W52 - Self-Updating Maps

DeletedUser

since you don't really know what should have happened in this merge, how can you tell if it failed or not ?

DeletedUser

we will see in 3 months who failed. thats all the time mike has left in w52. its simply a matter of settings, theres not much that can change the outcome here. id say nothing at all but tw could go out of business. that is really mikes only hope, as sad as that is. i hope not many people in mike are wasting money on this doomed world. pokemonEX.co.uk do you even know how worlds end?

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
how you know that?

things can change, 1 day it could all be going well and the next day it could go all horribly wrong. allies backstab you tribes fall apart. top players quit. stuff like that

DeletedUser

let me see. history tells me that. once a tribe gets over 70% of the world they win. thats just plan facts my friend. i see i must inform you of things like i had to with swat.

1-Tribe 37752
2-TBD 10369
3- MIKE 9500

now we look at the numbers. 1 ranked tribe holds 4 times the number of towns as yours roughly. add in 2 ranked and we own 5 times the number towns. tribes lose once a tribe gains 2 times the others size, your tribe is looking at well impossible odds. if you placed every tribe ion w52 together outside of number 1, the towns numbers would just be even. which will never happen. tribes fall apart earlier in the game yes. when there are many more tribes and far far longer to go then this one. at this point others are just ready to end it. players quitting true do happen. however tribe 1 is fully slotted with active accounts. unlike mike itself. so on average player loses hurt mike far more then the other tribe. plus frankly your players barb from attacks weekly. are you sure you have played tw for 5 years and not know all this? i know your there to give your players some hope, so i will let you. give me some numbers or facts to the fact that mike has a good chance to win w52? well besides the net going down, that one doesnt count.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The merge was a success for a number of people, but wasn't done as the leadership of original Bush wanted.

Nothing's going to change that, but it's definitely not a failed merge. Just, not as successful as it could have been.

I'm staying on this world long enough to do what's right for those who I came back for, and then I'll highly likely disappear for good.

shredded

The merge is a success in my eyes so far :) Our combined tribes will end this world within 3-6 months max...Mike is going down as easy as that :)

DeletedUser

hehehe looks like tw needs a new map site. this ones a little buggy :0

DeletedUser

Still a bit buggy
Bs n 2tuan = family
I doubt there's any point in saying this, but you kicked the guy who kept these maps updated and he's deleting his account. You're probably not going to see another update unless you contact Nick.

DeletedUser

---

I doubt there's any point in saying this, but you kicked the guy who kept these maps updated and he's deleting his account. You're probably not going to see another update unless you contact Nick.

What does that have to do with updating the maps? end of the day if he's been given a job role and a fairly important one then he should still carry out his duties and not let in-game events get in the way of it. If the player can't cope with the fact that he has been kicked then he should pass his map updating status to someone who is willing to do the job. No reasons why people in other tribes such as MIKE/PWN/~G/MOTA/ ATS should suffer for something which has nothing to do with them.

My opinion
MC

DeletedUser

What does that have to do with updating the maps? end of the day if he's been given a job role and a fairly important one then he should still carry out his duties and not let in-game events get in the way of it. If the player can't cope with the fact that he has been kicked then he should pass his map updating status to someone who is willing to do the job. No reasons why people in other tribes such as MIKE/PWN/~G/MOTA/ ATS should suffer for something which has nothing to do with them.

My opinion
MC

I dont suffer because i have premium therefore dont care :lol:

DeletedUser

he is saying tw outsources the tw maps to a third party. however, it being still apart of the tw forums, these type things make tw look like a second rate company, and will make some rethink joining it. if tools on their forum dont work properly, why should they expect the game they have to pay money for to. these type things make new players very shy about spending their money there. they should ether think on pulling the 3rd party threads from their forums as its shown unreliable, think on providing their own mapping tools for their forums, or themselves contact the 3rd party provider. this is just advise from me, im not tring to rant on tw. but image is everything with dealing with net based companies, and frankly if i was new and came into this world to see about joining and saw this mess i wouldnt play the game. it being in every world forum makes it default looked at as being part of tw as a whole. and right now thats giving tw a very bad image. all childish things aside this is a business.

DeletedUser

Nickjer's maps are not here because we pay them. They're simply a member initiative that's been granted a sticky. Similarly to the 'funny in-game messages', 'world xx milestones' and 'player made maps' threads. We don't know who pays for the hosting and we don't care. We don't need to know. Just like we have nothing to say about which upload site someone uses to host their signature. It could be imageshack, it could be photobucket. Does that matter? Not really. I assume Nickjer pays for it. If you are happy with them and want to contribute to the development of more maps you can consider making a donation to them. If you feel they are bad you are free not to watch them.

Similarly, we (In-game and forum staff) have nothing to do with who updates a world's maps. We don't screen or hire people for it. As far as the 'importance of the map updating job' goes, I'd say it's about as trivial as it gets. Again, who updates a map is completely up to Nickjer, as it is their site.

If we would remove everything that 'makes TW look like a second rate company' because the posts are not informative, not on-topic, fail basic capitalization, punctuation and spelling rules we would have to remove half the forum and roughly 99% of off-topica board just for the sake of appearing more professional. That's just silly. We are a community where everyone is welcome.

Again, if you feel this is too much you are free to not use the forums, or even quit the game. We are not forcing you to read these posts nor look at Nickjer's maps.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that 'tw' is not a company. Tribalwars is published by Innogames GmbH, which has multiple games in multiple languages. Tribalwars for instance has well over 30 - each with a separate moderation team and forum. Any business partner would know that they should look at Innogames's corporate website, and not at - for instance - your posts on this forum.