World 80 Blog discussion thread

DeletedUser92753

People tune in to hear UBM's thoughts, then get all bunched up over anything he says they don't agree with.

DeletedUser116463

I thought the gender/sexism thing wasn't necessarily needed, I've never seen anyone judge a player by whats between their legs.. everyone knows a female tw'er that would reck most players world after world so it's incoherent for me.

Still, sexism is a hot topic for some and they will make a deal out of it, even though it's as rare as it is and only the simplest of minds will be sexist over a game.

Also guys some of you fail to see it is a blog after all not every piece of material, that has been worked hard on and thought about can be presented to you in a super entertaining PnP fashion. As a spectator on w80 I did learn a few things with the last update so credit were it's due ;)

cant help myself not to shout these words....

Butt kisser!

lol

DeletedUser117702

im secretly trying for the #1 UBMinion title but keep it quiet ;)

DeletedUser109515

UBM i really like the TW relationship with female players. My very teacher and guide on everything TW was female and had a very cute daughter :icon_biggrin:. i was only 13/14 at the time so god knows i was a decent amount of slack but i know all i know because of her. She was my TW mama

Smokn

It was actually hard to read, I skipped alot of it. I feel like maybe you did to good of a job on the first couple and now everyones expectations are set to high. Or maybe the content just wasn't what I was looking for personally. But I'm sure some will find it entertaining eitherway.

DeletedUser114869

It was actually hard to read, I skipped alot of it. I feel like maybe you did to good of a job on the first couple and now everyones expectations are set to high. Or maybe the content just wasn't what I was looking for personally. But I'm sure some will find it entertaining eitherway.

Or maybe it was steered a little bias towards one certain tribe?

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Rather than talk about this is bias or that is bias -- we have been at this juncture before -- offer your own views on the situation. It is very easy to say this blog was pro Regime even though the opening was my own ego, the war article was not specific in naming any tribes (possibly if you felt it was then examine why you associated yourself with it) but rather the state of a whole world minus a few tribes, the Ctrl v It has nothing to do with Regime, the Females in TW article has nothing to do with a Pro Regime outlook other than the fact we have some in our tribe. I guess i just don't see how anyone without a tunnel vision view on 2 articles in the blog could say that the entire blog was a pro regime propeganda. People will see what they want to see and this isn't my first Rodeo. The same was said during the Invict blog, the same was said when MvDC was called out for some things. I will be pro regime from time to time - i've been pro gents before - ive been pro ctrl before - i've never been pro bugz - i've been pro a lot of tribes and ive been anti- some tribes.

I don't mind the comments and although i may not agree with them - i do encourage expanding rather than just complaining. Some posters have done so or at least expanded on the reason for not liking it such as Smokn. When we were taught to critique in design school we were taught not to like or not like something but rather talk about the elements we did or did not like and how we might improve them, offer a different vantage point and I encourage the same. I've talked to a lot of people over the past few weeks and i get a lot of different chatter about this and that. I'm not the only one with these views.

As far as getting in depth - what are you guys looking for? both wars covered are fairly new - i have certain obligations not to release specific information and i stick to that rule as much as I can.

Last edited:

DeletedUser112461

I seem to be in the minority here, but I thought I would post my thoughts on the recent blog update (which I quite liked). Unlike most illiterates on the forums (sorry) I will hopefully leave some constructive criticism. This is my own personal opinion, some may agree, some may not. That's just the way of the world.

Firstly, what I enjoyed most in your previous blog posts was your use of visual aids. Some writers hate using such aids as, in their eyes, it detracts the reader from their writing. However when it comes to tribal wars, I feel that the use of maps, gifs, pictures (you name it) really improve the quality of a blog post. The use of more visual aspects to the blog attract the reader and make the blog itself more attractive. Rather than just skim reading over a large block of writing. Although I thoroughly enjoyed your writing, I think some people miss the talent that you have for writing.

Another thing is, I felt that maybe your blog was a bit too clever for the average reader. I'm honestly not trying to big myself up to be some sort of Charles Dickens (or Jane Austen for the ladies), but given that English may not be the first language of some players, it may have been difficult for some to pick up/understand your biblical references. I'm not sure how you would 'fix' this. Personally I don't think it needed fixing, but I can understand why some people skimmed over those parts.

I can also see how some would view this as a piece of Pro-Regime propaganda, but what did they expect? As you said, you've been pro other tribes in the past. But as soon as you start betting on your own horse the masses go wild. Nothing you said was false or overly dramatic. I don't fully understand the backlash here.

I think, given the hype, people expected some sort of blogging master piece filled with hundreds of pretty pictures and in depth analysis about every player in the world. They don't understand that you don't write tribal wars blogs for a living. (Some) don't understand the amount of time and effort you put into just a single section of your blogs. You have your real life and then your online persona. I don't think people fully grasp that.

I would have liked it if you had emphasised certain pieces. For example, the FamousInferno information was very interesting. (For those that don't know, FamousInferno was a Ctrl. spy in Lust.) I would have liked to have read more on this, maybe a sub-section on spying in itself. An interview with the player(s) involved, etc.

I liked the section on female tribal wars players, however I felt that a section of that nature should maybe tag on at the end of the blog. Before the females attack me for sexism, I personally think anything Real Life/Tribal Wars related should come after the juicy tribal wars gossip. That is the reason people are reading your blog in the first place, right?

In addition, rather than focusing on IT/Gents and Ctrl./Lust I would have liked to have read more on smaller skirmishes in the world. More in depth details of this world's politics. Who knows who, what happened with what player (Steve for example - maybe an interview here). I understand these have been touched upon across the forums but I think it would be a nice addition to your blog. Especially for those players, like myself, who aren't exactly knowledgeable of who is who on the forums and in game.

DeletedUser

UBM i really like the TW relationship with female players. My very teacher and guide on everything TW was female and had a very cute daughter :icon_biggrin:. i was only 13/14 at the time so god knows i was a decent amount of slack but i know all i know because of her. She was my TW mama

We need more people like her to co with people like me and newbies so we can learn the game instead of being flamed all over *COUGHWATERLOOCOUGH*

DeletedUser117534

Maybe I am a little bit different from most of you but I enjoyed the article more than usual. I like discussions about real problems concerning us (the players), our in game behaviours and decisions we make in order to stay alive.
The article might feel heavy for many because UBM is pointing out and criticising behaviours and in game tactics so many of us are guilty of doing or using.

How many male players have never though about sexism as an issue in TW? How many of you have been sexist and thought its just a good joke? Even few is still too many.

It must have been a bitter pill to swallow for all Gents and BugZ members openly criticised here for practising war through recruitment. That’s over 200 accounts and probably 400 players (counting BugZ family), so a large number of people would be displeased with this edition showing their dissatisfaction in the comments.

We could all pretend we are living in a perfect world, playing top quality Tribal Wars and ignoring the inconvenient issues. But lets face it, the truth is ugly and the world is far from being perfect. The quality of W80 is below average and we have really not much to be proud of after 3 moths of playing. Something worth thinking about when next time you are going to abandon your tribe at first sight of enemy incomings and an intimidating circular mail.

I feel very lucky I am in a tribe where all members agree: Regime should be an example of how to play Tribal Wars properly. With skills, team work, integrity, honour but foremost dignity.

UBM your writing is exceptional, a marvellous part of our small community. It was definitely worth waiting for.

Nest

DeletedUser116463

My reason for not liking this update as much than the previous post was the diversities, transparency and the excitement factor of the post.

diversities
i havent read the root cause analysis of Gents-IT wars/Ctrl-Lust. their key pointers (like the previous post), look ahead or anticipated result of the wars. perhaps the precautionary steps or projected involvement of local tribes during/after the wars. perhaps opinions of different leaders regarding these wars.

Transparency.
You know, you must to play the readers mind and give them unlimited anticipation rather than manipulation.
I used to read hundreds of submittials, correspondences and high level contract based letters and insurances letters and disputes.

Please note that UBM done this to his previous post and imo that was very exciting to read but this one, seems like venting and not quality post.

DeletedUser114869

Maybe I am a little bit different from most of you but I enjoyed the article more than usual. I like discussions about real problems concerning us (the players), our in game behaviours and decisions we make in order to stay alive.
The article might feel heavy for many because UBM is pointing out and criticising behaviours and in game tactics so many of us are guilty of doing or using.

How many male players have never though about sexism as an issue in TW? How many of you have been sexist and thought its just a good joke? Even few is still too many.

It must have been a bitter pill to swallow for all Gents and BugZ members openly criticised here for practising war through recruitment. That’s over 200 accounts and probably 400 players (counting BugZ family), so a large number of people would be displeased with this edition showing their dissatisfaction in the comments.

We could all pretend we are living in a perfect world, playing top quality Tribal Wars and ignoring the inconvenient issues. But lets face it, the truth is ugly and the world is far from being perfect. The quality of W80 is below average and we have really not much to be proud of after 3 moths of playing. Something worth thinking about when next time you are going to abandon your tribe at first sight of enemy incomings and an intimidating circular mail.

I feel very lucky I am in a tribe where all members agree: Regime should be an example of how to play Tribal Wars properly. With skills, team work, integrity, honour but foremost dignity.

UBM your writing is exceptional, a marvellous part of our small community. It was definitely worth waiting for.

Nest

So you state all other tribes do not know how to play properly? And we lack Skills, Team Work, Integrity, honor, And dignity? Please go into details how we lack any of these? We have yet practice war through recruitment. I would like you to explain yourself. From what I've seen Regime has yet been tested and has yet had a true war. I send the mails because I like the in game banter and plus I get to see when people are on and what accounts are perma sat. I cannot wait until Regime gets closer to us...

DeletedUser

Nest

1) Even if UBM came out with complete shit you'd say it wwaas good

2) Before Gents recruited some Echo members, Gents were up in stats and villages conquered, most of echo were inactive, Gents recruited 8 members and are now reaping benefits.

3) IF gents were going to win the world through recruitment, you seem to have forgotten how the TOP PLAYERS IN IT PROPOSED TO MERGE INTO GENTS, BUT GENTS SAID NO.

4) One thing is for sure, REGIME WOULDNT LAST 3 MONTHS IN THE CORE IF THEY STARTED. Thats right, thats no example of how TW should be played when you are battling it with Barbs and killing off dead tribes like -US-, and Do IT!.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
So you state all other tribes do not know how to play properly? And we lack Skills, Team Work, Integrity, honor, And dignity? Please go into details how we lack any of these? We have yet practice war through recruitment. I would like you to explain yourself. From what I've seen Regime has yet been tested and has yet had a true war. I send the mails because I like the in game banter and plus I get to see when people are on and what accounts are perma sat. I cannot wait until Regime gets closer to us...

Ill openly call you out on this bullshit post.

Stop downplaying the fact that he is proud of being in a tribe that does work with every thing he mentioned. It is obvious that Regime is a skilled tribe - and nobody in their right mind would debate that opinion. Regime works together as a team which can be seen in the overwhelming victories against tribes that we do target with operations - current op is almost 100-2. Many players have in a nutshell said - i hate losing but i'm glad i've done so to a respectable tribe who didn't employ the use of dirty tactics to take an advantage. We are a dignified bunch of players and don't lose ourselves in a need to win at all costs, at a need to manipulate, at a need to recruit to win. Regime is an old school structured tribe and a lot of us enjoy that. A lot of tribes want that.

Your statement contains truth but is masked in insult. Regime IS an example of an effective method of Tribal Wars play - it's not the only style of play and not the only effective method but most people would agree that we do it right. We haven't been tested by a tribe that has been able to respond to those attributes Nest listed before.

You gents like to focus in on one or two sentences and form a tunnel visioned view of an entire post ignoring all the other content- Do you teach that in day one or day two?

ME EITHER

1) Even if UBM came out with complete shit you'd say it wwaas good

2) Before Gents recruited some Echo members, Gents were up in stats and villages conquered, most of echo were inactive, Gents recruited 8 members and are now reaping benefits.

3) IF gents were going to win the world through recruitment, you seem to have forgotten how the TOP PLAYERS IN IT PROPOSED TO MERGE INTO GENTS, BUT GENTS SAID NO.

4) One thing is for sure, REGIME WOULDNT LAST 3 MONTHS IN THE CORE IF THEY STARTED. Thats right, thats no example of how TW should be played when you are battling it with Barbs and killing off dead tribes like -US-, and Do IT!.

1. Impossibility

2. rinse - repeat

3. Oh you do know how to say no - impressive

4. If gents started by Regime and other things that didn't happen

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Ill openly call you out on this bullshit post.

Stop downplaying the fact that he is proud of being in a tribe that does work with every thing he mentioned. It is obvious that Regime is a skilled tribe - and nobody in their right mind would debate that opinion. Regime works together as a team which can be seen in the overwhelming victories against tribes that we do target with operations - current op is almost 100-2. Many players have in a nutshell said - i hate losing but i'm glad i've done so to a respectable tribe who didn't employ the use of dirty tactics to take an advantage. We are a dignified bunch of players and don't lose ourselves in a need to win at all costs, at a need to manipulate, at a need to recruit to win. Regime is an old school structured tribe and a lot of us enjoy that. A lot of tribes want that.

Your statement contains truth but is masked in insult. Regime IS an example of an effective method of Tribal Wars play - it's not the only style of play and not the only effective method but most people would agree that we do it right. We haven't been tested by a tribe that has been able to respond to those attributes Nest listed before.

You gents like to focus in on one or two sentences and form a tunnel visioned view of an entire post ignoring all the other content- Do you teach that in day one or day two?

ME EITHER

Effective way too play tw:

Wait a couple of days/week after world start to avoid getting rekt in the rim. >>> Grow exponentially like every other rim tribe due to inactives >>>> Win wars against noob rim tribes like -US- >>>> Take out shit core tribes like do it! with a 100-2 ratio within a week>>>> Demands respect

So much bullshit right there don't even try it here it won't work, your latest thread was garbage ( I was waiting for it because I thought it would be a little less bias and little more reporting sorta thing) and everyone outside of Regime would say the same.

1. Impossibility

2. rinse - repeat

3. Oh you do know how to say no - impressive

4. If gents started by Regime and other things that didn't happen

1) Just happened

2) No point of arguing

3) Try something more than that when what I said just crushed your whole judgement on gents

4) Rim tribe = noob

Last edited by a moderator:

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Effective way too play tw:

Wait a couple of days/week after world start to avoid getting rekt in the rim. >>> Grow exponentially like every other rim tribe due to inactives >>>> Win wars against noob rim tribes like -US- >>>> Take out shit core tribes like do it! with a 100-2 ratio within a week>>>> Demands respect

So much bullshit right there don't even try it here it won't work, your latest thread was garbage ( I was waiting for it because I thought it would be a little less bias and little more reporting sorta thing) and everyone outside of Regime would say the same.

Please explain the bias - Nobody has yet to point out the bias yet everyone Gents is screaming BIAS

#JustGentsythings