World 80 Blog discussion thread

DeletedUser114869

Ill openly call you out on this bullshit post.

Stop downplaying the fact that he is proud of being in a tribe that does work with every thing he mentioned. It is obvious that Regime is a skilled tribe - and nobody in their right mind would debate that opinion. Regime works together as a team which can be seen in the overwhelming victories against tribes that we do target with operations - current op is almost 100-2. Many players have in a nutshell said - i hate losing but i'm glad i've done so to a respectable tribe who didn't employ the use of dirty tactics to take an advantage. We are a dignified bunch of players and don't lose ourselves in a need to win at all costs, at a need to manipulate, at a need to recruit to win. Regime is an old school structured tribe and a lot of us enjoy that. A lot of tribes want that.

Your statement contains truth but is masked in insult. Regime IS an example of an effective method of Tribal Wars play - it's not the only style of play and not the only effective method but most people would agree that we do it right. We haven't been tested by a tribe that has been able to respond to those attributes Nest listed before.

You gents like to focus in on one or two sentences and form a tunnel visioned view of an entire post ignoring all the other content- Do you teach that in day one or day two?

ME EITHER

What are these dirty tactics? A game based on war there are no true techniques of winning a war. Most wars are not fair and the fun thing about this game is getting in ones head and playing psychological warfare. Maybe the only dirty tactic I did was helping Regime (UBM) with a few things. Yes, your tribe might be skilled in one way or another. This doesn't mean Gents, Bugz, Sabre, IT, or other tribes are not more skilled than Regime. You really should get your head out of your ass and start trying to make your blogs less biased towards one tribe. I have enjoyed some of your blogs, but when you talk shit about all tribes but the one you are in what do you expect? I understand you do not have a true aspect on how a tribe is ran other than yours. I do not believe you were tested at all with Do it! as they were just like our SBAR war. I recall you stating a month or so ago that Gents haven't been tested. I assure you that if your tribe was in Gents area it wouldn't been as successful as it is. You cannot say Gents is not tested. I cannot say it about other tribes, but I will will tell you that we welcome wars as it actually keeps me active.

DeletedUser109574

Ahem...UBM With all due respect, you bashed someone for "cherry-picking" a post with selective response, then immediately proceeded to do the same thing mate.

There was a valid observation made about Regime's premeditated start-up tactics...

In fact, at the time, I asked a friend in the tribe about the delay, and the response was that "the world was taking too long to fill up".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser92753

I feel very lucky I am in a tribe where all members agree: Regime should be an example of how to play Tribal Wars properly. With skills, team work, integrity, honour but foremost dignity.

So you state all other tribes do not know how to play properly? And we lack Skills, Team Work, Integrity, honor, And dignity? Please go into details how we lack any of these?

I hope you know the difference between an example as opposed to the example. If not, its no business of mine explaining it to you. But, I can put you in touch with my grade school teacher.

Otherwise, carry on. You guys crack me up when the blinders go on. Please don't break your keyboards. You'll need them when the next part of the blog goes up.

#SoGentsy

DeletedUser114869

I hope you know the difference between an example as opposed to the example. If not, its no business of mine explaining it to you. But, I can put you in touch with my grade school teacher.

Otherwise, carry on. You guys crack me up when the blinders go on. Please don't break your keyboards. You'll need them when the next part of the blog goes up.

#SoGentsy

I was asking for him/her to show how other tribes failed to do this.

#Regimeheadsupeachotherasses

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Wait a couple of days/week after world start to avoid getting rekt in the rim. >>> Grow exponentially like every other rim tribe due to inactives >>>> Win wars against noob rim tribes like -US- >>>> Take out shit core tribes like do it! with a 100-2 ratio within a week>>>> Demands respect​

Regime plans a strategic located start as most structured premades do >>> Grows in a contested area (both do it and -US- were top ten tribes) although I wouldn't classify either as a top tier >>> Impressive wins yes and as stated remain untested >>> Already has respect

To Terencinator - Not cherry picking more than just not feeding a trolling effort. Since you requested it though I'll oblige. To your point of course Regime wanted an ideal senario for joining and would have joined faster had the world filled up sooner. We had a place on the map that we wanted to join and we joined when we did. Fairly obvious from our location that it was a planned entry.

The point here is distraction rather than discuss the issue - which is how the blog was bias pro regime and "anti-gents" For some reason I'mYourAlly has decided to bring up Regime's startup methods rather than bring anything to the table about how the blog was bias. Compliments were in the Gents section of the blog yet those have been missed apparently by Gents posters as they like to be Negative Nancy when someone isn't kissing their forehead and telling them what a great job they are doing at all times. The times in which Regime is talked about in the blog - facts are stated. Are they from my vantage point sure - as Im the one who writes the blog. But as i've said before - nobody from Gents called it biased when I wrote my Gents articles that praised them. Funny how that perspective shifts when it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

DeletedUser

#UBMisActuallySteve #TheyBothNoobs

21cd17061d9a79bea2d24b2c24afa677.gif

Smokn

To say Gents has only won wars by recruitment and mails is not something I expected to hear from a tribe full of players who take pride in their ability to research facts and stats effectively. To think that every tribe just gave up once they were sent mails is beneath what I expected from you.

Regime looks like a solid tribe, nice tight group of players, obviously some intellegent players there. But to come out and say this is how every tribe should be, we are the best, everyone wants to be us, we are smashing our competition look at our stats, ect. ect.. You have had no competition. Obviously a well planned coordinated launch on an unsuspecting smaller tribe, I don't think anyone would have said Regime would have had any trouble with that fight, nor I think would any other tribe had they been the ones who declared.

You can give your opinions on Gents as a tribe compared to Regime, talk shit about them as you disagree with everything they do, but at the end of the day..

Gents is Rank 1 tribe, Rank 1 ODA, Rank 1 ODD. #SoGentsy.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
To say Gents has only won wars by recruitment and mails is not something I expected to hear from a tribe full of players who take pride in their ability to research facts and stats effectively. To think that every tribe just gave up once they were sent mails is beneath what I expected from you.

Where was this said?

Regime looks like a solid tribe, nice tight group of players, obviously some intellegent players there. But to come out and say this is how every tribe should be, we are the best, everyone wants to be us, we are smashing our competition look at our stats, ect. ect.. You have had no competition. Obviously a well planned coordinated launch on an unsuspecting smaller tribe, I don't think anyone would have said Regime would have had any trouble with that fight, nor I think would any other tribe had they been the ones who declared.

Firstly thank you for the compliment. I believe that Nest's comments were taken a bit personal and possibly even worded a bit funny as english is not his first language. That is no excuse but the meaning behind them was different than most people are receiving. Taking pride in the tribe you are in is not a sin according the gospel. If more people did that and acted that way then you guys could have a proper war.

DeletedUser109574

UBM. Appreciate the reply. My take is that maybe Gents felt you had joined the "piling on"...reinforcing the bashing (from such a substantial platform, no less).
We see it every world. The top ranked tribe becomes a target for scrutiny/insulting disregard, as others use it as a measuring stick.

Guess this means you and Brad are no longer lovers, lol.

DeletedUser118039

Wait a couple of days/week after world start to avoid getting rekt in the rim. >>> Grow exponentially like every other rim tribe due to inactives >>>> Win wars against noob rim tribes like -US- >>>> Take out shit core tribes like do it! with a 100-2 ratio within a week>>>> Demands respect​

Regime plans a strategic located start as most structured premades do >>> Grows in a contested area (both do it and -US- were top ten tribes) although I wouldn't classify either as a top tier >>> Impressive wins yes and as stated remain untested >>> Already has respect

To Terencinator - Not cherry picking more than just not feeding a trolling effort. Since you requested it though I'll oblige. To your point of course Regime wanted an ideal senario for joining and would have joined faster had the world filled up sooner. We had a place on the map that we wanted to join and we joined when we did. Fairly obvious from our location that it was a planned entry.

The point here is distraction rather than discuss the issue - which is how the blog was bias pro regime and "anti-gents" For some reason I'mYourAlly has decided to bring up Regime's startup methods rather than bring anything to the table about how the blog was bias. Compliments were in the Gents section of the blog yet those have been missed apparently by Gents posters as they like to be Negative Nancy when someone isn't kissing their forehead and telling them what a great job they are doing at all times. The times in which Regime is talked about in the blog - facts are stated. Are they from my vantage point sure - as Im the one who writes the blog. But as i've said before - nobody from Gents called it biased when I wrote my Gents articles that praised them. Funny how that perspective shifts when it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

Well of course we didn't, because your first article was full of objective stats that made us look good, because we have the best stats. Somewhere along the line you and some others on this world have decided to create this false narrative about Gents. That we are shady, we aren't real old pros who respect the game like regime and play it the right way. All this is at best your subjective opinion that you say as arrogant fact, and more likely a scheme you are using to turn the world against us and towards regime.

The fact is we have dominated this world so far in all categories of this game, and although that means very little as it is early and things can change very quickly, it is silly and cheap of you to not acknowledge that and try to spin it as we are cheats or something along those lines.

Using pnp like this blog to make it happen is fine, but I am going to call you out on it every time. You are coming across as a hypocrite right now, because you claiming that we use psychological tactics, is in fact a pnp psychological tactic, trying to turn this world against gents to help regime. I like your tribe and I like your posts, but we are the same, both trying to have a good time, work together with loyal ig friends and win this world, don't pretend you and your tribe are morally superior players in charge of the integrity of the game. And to those reading this continue to look at the stats and think for yourselves.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Well of course we didn't, because your first article was full of objective stats that made us look good, because we have the best stats. Somewhere along the line you and some others on this world have decided to create this false narrative about Gents. That we are shady, we aren't real old pros who respect the game like regime and play it the right way. All this is at best your subjective opinion that you say as arrogant fact, and more likely a scheme you are using to turn the world against us and towards regime.

Excellent post Jacob - I really enjoy it except the parts where you as other Gents posters continue to read between lines that aren't there or take things a bit too far in how you interpret versus how they are written and meant to be interpreted. Gents sometimes acts in between the area of black and white with tactics. I do not believe that is a misappropriation nor do I believe that Gents is the only tribe that employs these tactics. Gents is however the number one ranked tribe therefore will be looked at more so than a rank 19 tribe. I also pointed out that Lust recruited from an enemy it however came back to bite them a bit. I've never stated or insinuated that Gents are not professional and skilled players- in fact on many occasions have said quite the opposite. From the very start of the blog all of us understood that the blog is my opinion on matters - I try to keep it well balanced and it teeters back and forth. As far as a "scheme" to turn the world against Gents - not my cause mate.

The fact is we have dominated this world so far in all categories of this game, and although that means very little as it is early and things can change very quickly, it is silly and cheap of you to not acknowledge that and try to spin it as we are cheats or something along those lines.

Dominate in all stats including Tribe Changes I believe - (couldn't resist) and you are right - we are still in early world play and Gents are impressive as I have stated - again Gents tend to focus so much on the negative things said that they skipped right over the positive. If you were cheats i'd call you cheats - Please feel free to quote where I called Gents cheats - anywhere -

Using pnp like this blog to make it happen is fine, but I am going to call you out on it every time. You are coming across as a hypocrite right now, because you claiming that we use psychological tactics, is in fact a pnp psychological tactic, trying to turn this world against gents to help regime. I like your tribe and I like your posts, but we are the same, both trying to have a good time, work together with loyal ig friends and win this world, don't pretend you and your tribe are morally superior players in charge of the integrity of the game. And to those reading this continue to look at the stats and think for yourselves.

Meh - you lost me here - I've had worlds with pnp driven blogs - this is not one of them. We have been down this road before and the argument didn't root then either. Writing the blogs has great advantages for any player and any player is allowed to do so. I've had an open call since the start of the world for anyone who wants to write an article - help with the blog - yet very little help. The reason i have this open call is so that the blog can be more subjective than just my own personal views on whats going on.

To the second half of the paragraph - We are having a good time - we work together with our friends and trying to win the world and in that we are unified. The fault here is reverse tribism (it's a thing) Just because i am in Regime and write the blog it is seen as always told from a Regime point of view. Behind the scenes we are all having a laugh about these postings but again I have with open arms welcomed anyone to come help me out with the blog.

DeletedUser114869

UBM. Appreciate the reply. My take is that maybe Gents felt you had joined the "piling on"...reinforcing the bashing (from such a substantial platform, no less).
We see it every world. The top ranked tribe becomes a target for scrutiny/insulting disregard, as others use it as a measuring stick.

Guess this means you and Brad are no longer lovers, lol.

We are Still Lovers <3

tumblr_mptyiwEUSU1sxzeelo1_400.gif

An Bhoran

Every woman I've played with in a tribe was a decent player, in fact my opinion is women should generally be the better players outside of the gamer nerds with no lives. Of those women i've played with that were decent players the majority were stay at homes in their roles outside of the game. So they had lots of time to dedicate to getting good at the game. So the "oh you're a woman" has zero shock factor.

DeletedUser117534

So you state all other tribes do not know how to play properly? And we lack Skills, Team Work, Integrity, honor, And dignity? Please go into details how we lack any of these? We have yet practice war through recruitment. I would like you to explain yourself. From what I've seen Regime has yet been tested and has yet had a true war. I send the mails because I like the in game banter and plus I get to see when people are on and what accounts are perma sat. I cannot wait until Regime gets closer to us...

I think you have misinterpreted what I have said. I have referred to Gents specifically in context of UBM’s criticism over war through recruitment.

‘It must have been a bitter pill to swallow for all Gents and BugZ members openly criticised here for practising war through recruitment. That’s over 200 accounts and probably 400 players (counting BugZ family), so a large number of people would be displeased with this edition showing their dissatisfaction in the comments’.

I have expressed my dissatisfaction with the general quality of play on W80. I have mentioned Regime as I am proud of how things are run here and how much it is in contrast to what some other tribes do.

UBM is right, my wording wasn’t right here, if I haven’t included ‘With skills, team work, integrity, honour but foremost dignity’ at the end of that sentence you would probably have no problem with my post. I have not intended to imply that Gents are lacking those attributes. I have written rather positive article about Gents 3 weeks ago and I would be an utter hypocrite If I said that you don't have skills, team work, etc.

1) Even if UBM came out with complete shit you'd say it wwaas good

2) Before Gents recruited some Echo members, Gents were up in stats and villages conquered, most of echo were inactive, Gents recruited 8 members and are now reaping benefits.

3) IF gents were going to win the world through recruitment, you seem to have forgotten how the TOP PLAYERS IN IT PROPOSED TO MERGE INTO GENTS, BUT GENTS SAID NO.

4) One thing is for sure, REGIME WOULDNT LAST 3 MONTHS IN THE CORE IF THEY STARTED. Thats right, thats no example of how TW should be played when you are battling it with Barbs and killing off dead tribes like -US-, and Do IT!.

I know you are angry at my comment but to say ‘Regime wouldn’t last 3 months in the Core’ or that we are battling barbs is just silly. We are located where we are and we are growing in the most effective way considering our position.
US and DO IT! were in our way and we simply played 2 quick OP’s against them and you can say now that those tribes were not worthy opponents only because the OP's were executed well.

ToPaT

Every woman I've played with in a tribe was a decent player, in fact my opinion is women should generally be the better players outside of the gamer nerds with no lives. Of those women i've played with that were decent players the majority were stay at homes in their roles outside of the game. So they had lots of time to dedicate to getting good at the game. So the "oh you're a woman" has zero shock factor.

Wait, so if you're a man that stays at home you're a gamer nerd that has no life? But if you're a woman that stays at home that's fine as that's where you should be?

Also, women are only better then men at this game when they have activity skewed in their favour?

DeletedUser1082

Reading through all these posts, it would appear that debating facts has degraded into debating opinion. It all boils down to... "UBM, you're biased".

I'm honestly surprised at the ignorance, stubbornness and genuine stupidity of anyone in Gents that isn't saying; "wait...is UBM biased...or is he right?"

#that'ssoGentsy

DeletedUser112704

4) Rim tribe = noob

you apparently haven't been in a rim tribe that does its job properly. if anything, it is harder to build a good tribe on the rim, so it says a lot about Regime leadership and their leading skills.

in this case, I would not call Regime a pure rim tribe, world is too young for that and there still are a lot of chances for really good players to pop up here and there and join/form a decent tribe there. just because they have started in the core, it does not mean they're bad, it just didn't work out for them that well and there can be various reason for that. I can make a list if needed, but right now its not needed.

as for core tribes, again, world is too young to say they will dominate until the end of the world. today Gents are rank one, but they can easily vanish and be replaced by some other tribe.

I'm not in Regime, I'm in IT, but I do see their good sides from outside, imo, they are an experienced bunch and know what to do and how to do it.

An Bhoran

Wait, so if you're a man that stays at home you're a gamer nerd that has no life? But if you're a woman that stays at home that's fine as that's where you should be?

That's how your brain computes things.

That was not was said. "Gamer Nerd" is non-gender specific. Comprende?

Given that "stay at home" men are a very small portion of any population demographic I don't need to reference them.

Also, women are only better then men at this game when they have activity skewed in their favour?

Anyone is favoured by that advantage. Thus if the majoirty of stay at home people are women then that group will have an advantage over non stay at home people. Simple.