Ruffs gets Ruffed up

DeletedUser

"PS . Before I am told this is way too long and to make a summary as have happened in the past, I hope someone will appreciate this as contributing with some real content instead of all this flaming of others. If you think its too long then dont read it"

I assumed you were rainbow from w71, or w73. It was one of those anyway. Apologies, just remember him playing with someone called rainbow.

For a large part balian had players infront of him as a buffer, so why did he need his bacon saving now? why move now and not when it is needed, so he can claim he didnt move out of fear or because he got opped?

Perhaps because he is now solo, or sick of ruffs internal antics. I know balian wasn't the biggest fan of ryan, and ruffs arent the biggest fan of balian.

I know there have been nothing but propaganda for a few weeks now from all sides. But cant we just start to be just a little bit fair here? I dont like Balians choice of joining gents more than anyone else does. Since basically he is now fighting against some of the same people standing behind him from sabre was formed.

I dont know if anyone outside Sabre really knows what was going on there from it was established and until the merge with control. From everything I have read on here, it doesnt seem like they do.

Situation was Balian account from the beginning to the end did by far the most work. and by that I mean from Sabre was formed and until the merge. he had an endless amount of sits every single day, did an endless amount of snipes, and to that you can add all the work it takes to be a duke. If anyone he was the one not beeing selfish as in his account wasnt.

Of course here it is important to seperate Balian and Ryan as a person. Even though they played the same account, they indeed had very different tasks and doings. Ryan was the duke and at least from the looks of it Balian chose to leave that job entirely to Ryan. Regarding Ryan I doubt you can find a single person in former sabre that would say, that he didnt do an amazing job. He is a great person, and he was a great leader. He was fair and people rarely questioned his decisions. Just followed instructions.

Regarding all those sits the account was having Ryan presumably also had to sleep at some point. Then obviously Balian was taken over those sits. At the end of the day at some point you are also wondering if your efforts are appreciated enough for you to continue where you are. There is no doubt Ryan for the tribe did a lot more than Balian, but to say Balian did nothing is not fair. (I know you didnt by this quote Marmite. So that comment wasnt reffered to you, just to make that clear in advance)

Maybe Balian quit cause he felt like Ryans previous efforts werent appreciated enough? Maybe he did quit cause he didnt want to handle all these incs from Gents playing solo. Maybe he did quit cause he as others felt like this wasnt the project he signed up for. Noone knows but him.

I am not trying to defend his switch to Gents. As I allready said then I hate that decision, but I dont hate him. Since regardless of his current decisions I think its wrong to deny what has been done in the past.

As for your last statement Marmite I dont know where you have it from or if Balin have told you that. I sencirely doubt Balian has any problem with Ryan. I am pretty sure they are still good friends. And when you say "Ruff arent the biggest fan of Balian" that would depend who you were asking. Now after his change to Gents I am sure you are going to find a lot more people than before that dont like him. To me ultimately there is a difference between if you do "something immoral" gamewise , or if you with words or speech are personally insulting someone. The last thing I have never seen him do while playing in a tribe with him, therefore he remains the same person as before. I dont like his decision but I still think he is fairly nice as a person.

This might all sound like a defence speech, which it might also partly be. I really just wrote this to make people aware (those who didnt know allready), of how much of an effort that account have actually put in to make Sabre a good tribe. When Sabre became Ruff, whether or not that was a good or a bad thing it was a very big change. Therefore of course it is likely to think that some people would consider going other ways. I didnt talk to Balian since he changed tribe so I wouldnt know exactly why. But If anyone I do know for a fact what that account have been doing since Sabre was established.

DeletedUser110265

I was Gotsomebarbs

I co played on barb and on S-D and a few other tribes, people ask me to merge into them :)

also that was a taken reference, but since this is the internet, you thought that since you posted above me that I obviously was talking to you which is wrong. Was just a general statement, trying to keep things friendly but then you got butthurt :( sry for that!

DeletedUser

Yea, noone is truly innocent. At the end of the day we all know the rights and wrongs on these statements here on externals. Those that are a part of these wars know what happened. You would assume that externals are also here for the reason, so smaller players outside the toptribes can follow the happenings. I have seen a few people asking for some actual info a few times. Cause they have been so confused about all this that have been written, that they dont even know who have current wars with eachother. No wonder they are confused.

Its only natural that each tribe leave out a few things that would make them look worse. Nothing wrong with that. But there is a difference between doing that and then straight up lying, or trying to discredit a person who dont deserve it. All I was trying to say before was

1) Balian and Ryan are two different people. Balian made the decision to join Gents and Ryan quit
2) That account was the founder of sabre and gave all those accounts in it a new chance on this world after the MVDC crash
3) I understand why ruff members would be angry and feel betrayed cause it kind of is like that.
4) Just cause you hate Balians choice it doesnt mean you have to hate the person itself. He had his reasons to change, whether they are legit or not to others is another matter.

EDIT: I now see your post is deleted . None or the less ill post it anyway since i spend time writing it :)

ProyousArt

"PS . Before I am told this is way too long and to make a summary as have happened in the past, I hope someone will appreciate this as contributing with some real content instead of all this flaming of others. If you think its too long then dont read it"

I know there have been nothing but propaganda for a few weeks now from all sides. But cant we just start to be just a little bit fair here? I dont like Balians choice of joining gents more than anyone else does. Since basically he is now fighting against some of the same people standing behind him from sabre was formed.

I dont know if anyone outside Sabre really knows what was going on there from it was established and until the merge with control. From everything I have read on here, it doesnt seem like they do.

Situation was Balian account from the beginning to the end did by far the most work. and by that I mean from Sabre was formed and until the merge. he had an endless amount of sits every single day, did an endless amount of snipes, and to that you can add all the work it takes to be a duke. If anyone he was the one not beeing selfish as in his account wasnt.

Of course here it is important to seperate Balian and Ryan as a person. Even though they played the same account, they indeed had very different tasks and doings. Ryan was the duke and at least from the looks of it Balian chose to leave that job entirely to Ryan. Regarding Ryan I doubt you can find a single person in former sabre that would say, that he didnt do an amazing job. He is a great person, and he was a great leader. He was fair and people rarely questioned his decisions. Just followed instructions.

Regarding all those sits the account was having Ryan presumably also had to sleep at some point. Then obviously Balian was taken over those sits. At the end of the day at some point you are also wondering if your efforts are appreciated enough for you to continue where you are. There is no doubt Ryan for the tribe did a lot more than Balian, but to say Balian did nothing is not fair. (I know you didnt by this quote Marmite. So that comment wasnt reffered to you, just to make that clear in advance)

Maybe Balian quit cause he felt like Ryans previous efforts werent appreciated enough? Maybe he did quit cause he didnt want to handle all these incs from Gents playing solo. Maybe he did quit cause he as others felt like this wasnt the project he signed up for. Noone knows but him.

I am not trying to defend his switch to Gents. As I allready said then I hate that decision, but I dont hate him. Since regardless of his current decisions I think its wrong to deny what has been done in the past.

As for your last statement Marmite I dont know where you have it from or if Balin have told you that. I sencirely doubt Balian has any problem with Ryan. I am pretty sure they are still good friends. And when you say "Ruff arent the biggest fan of Balian" that would depend who you were asking. Now after his change to Gents I am sure you are going to find a lot more people than before that dont like him. To me ultimately there is a difference between if you do "something immoral" gamewise , or if you with words or speech are personally insulting someone. The last thing I have never seen him do while playing in a tribe with him, therefore he remains the same person as before. I dont like his decision but I still think he is fairly nice as a person.

This might all sound like a defence speech, which it might also partly be. I really just wrote this to make people aware (those who didnt know allready), of how much of an effort that account have actually put in to make Sabre a good tribe. When Sabre became Ruff, whether or not that was a good or a bad thing it was a very big change. Therefore of course it is likely to think that some people would consider going other ways. I didnt talk to Balian since he changed tribe so I wouldnt know exactly why. But If anyone I do know for a fact what that account have been doing since Sabre was established.

+1 to your last two posts. It is rare that we come across posts that are so balanced and we must publicly commend them.

monstaz2

As a frontline player I'd like to say well done to Ruffs! We're getting a fun fight here and I'm enjoying the challenge you're giving. Also well done to our guys, everyone is giving it their all in this war and it's great to see tribal wars being fought.

DeletedUser

So a person's acts do not show what kind of a person that is? That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. I am not going to even comment about the rest of that, this was the main idea with just fancy words and crying.

Balian had a shitton of internals, started wars and then left to the enemy because he had 8 train :lol: coming to him. Amazing leader kudos to him.

DeletedUser76845

So a person's acts do not show what kind of a person that is? That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. I am not going to even comment about the rest of that, this was the main idea with just fancy words and crying.

Balian had a shitton of internals, started wars and then left to the enemy because he had 8 train :lol: coming to him. Amazing leader kudos to him.

i feel you broooooww

Mr. Cringer Pants

Basher of pigs, nice post but on the flip side: what about non-leadership accounts that sit mass accounts, but bust ass for the tribe and do all those great things and get left to rot? As a duke he has a duty to sink with the ship, but no dukes do that.

So it's a two way street.

DeletedUser

#thatssogentsy

DeletedUser

Basher of pigs, nice post but on the flip side: what about non-leadership accounts that sit mass accounts, but bust ass for the tribe and do all those great things and get left to rot? As a duke he has a duty to sink with the ship, but no dukes do that.

So it's a two way street.

Balian as a person was never duke, his account was. It worked like this, that clearly Ryan was the duke of things and Balian did his own thing. Ryan quit Balian made the change to gents. That Balian didnt do anything leadership wise doesnt mean he didnt do anything for the tribe. He was at least top 5-6 regarding sits I would say, and besides that as some regular members did, he contributed with ideas to do further progress for sabre. I dont sympathize with his decision, and I think that it is a very controversial one to make. I just as others apparently allready have, dont forget that just a few weeks ago he was playing day and night for the sake of others

Regarding the non leadership accounts doing stuff, I would be one of those. I doubt that some accounts have had more sitting hours and snipes than I did if any at all in sabre outside leadership doing the time in Sabre. Later I became leadership so I dont know if I would count as that. I became leadership for the only reason to help out Ryan , cause a lot of the burden was on him regarding basically everything in that tribe. There were a few others who did a really good job too helping out and I think they allready know who they are themselves. Balians change to Gents would be as bad for my former account as others location wise. Despite the fact that I quit myself 5 days ago, I care a lot for my co players and how they do, and I really would have no reason as such to support Balian.

I failed miserably in beeing in council, and couldnt get anything going. Whether or not that was due to lack of trust from members, lack of abilities, or whatever it was I wouldnt know. At least I have got a big fat underlining that I should never be in any kind of leadership again. Point is my own assumption is, Ryan had too much work for too long, first left leadership, then later quit. Since he was such a big part of sabre, the tribe for good or bad became a very different one after he left. Now things look totally different, but still has the potential to become great if everything works out. Hopefully it will. A new great duke, but its a tough job when you are having all these wars and suddenly integrate 30 or so new members at the same time. If that can be done that will truly be a great achievement and I hope it will.

I try to argue for my case and then you state thats the dumpest thing you ever heard? Unless I am mistaking you are a former control account? So I dont know how you would know what he did or didnt do, besides that you can read his conquers and other visible doings on stats. All I said was that maybe it would be fair to consider past history before throwing an endless amount of personal insults at him as people have allready done different places.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1
Always good to read constructive and genuine posts such as these.

DeletedUser54578

"

If we're completely honest, he left because he didn't want to lose points. He wasn't even Duke anymore. And who leaves a tribe because someone else's feelings might have been hurt? Just another repeat lesson of not letting one player get too many internals. Once they get the high of having a high rank they get corrupted and start valuing points much more than they would have. This generally leads to unwillingness to support tribe members despite the large amount of villages he controls and of course with such a huge account relative to the rest of the tribe focused on self preservation, the tribe starts losing vills, and eventually the player just bounce towards greener pastures. (slippery slope fallacy I admit) but I've seen this happen hundreds of times before and it'll continue to happen so take it however you like. Normally tribe leadership would've cracked down on excessive internalling but.. his account was Duke.

DeletedUser76845

If we're completely honest, he left because he didn't want to lose points. He wasn't even Duke anymore. And who leaves a tribe because someone else's feelings might have been hurt? Just another repeat lesson of not letting one player get too many internals. Once they get the high of having a high rank they get corrupted and start valuing points much more than they would have. This generally leads to unwillingness to support tribe members despite the large amount of villages he controls and of course with such a huge account relative to the rest of the tribe focused on self preservation, the tribe starts losing vills, and eventually the player just bounce towards greener pastures. (slippery slope fallacy I admit) but I've seen this happen hundreds of times before and it'll continue to happen so take it however you like. Normally tribe leadership would've cracked down on excessive internalling but.. his account was Duke.

+1 to you old pal

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Ohhhh, thats low, do you have any proof regarding his internals, and also coming from him that he actually don't want to lose point.....Also, if this the case the best way is him being assasinated by your tribe and catting all his villages down, continous nonstop fakes and coordinated attacks...

You gotta punish a player like that...:icon_cool:

But you know for some degree I disagree with some of your post....Not all topranked players are greedy with their troops, not all top ranked players are corrupted

Last edited:

DeletedUser54578

But you know for some degree I disagree with some of your post....Not all topranked players are greedy with their troops, not all top ranked players are corrupted

I never said all good players are like that, but there are definitely some and Balian seems to be one of them. I have to note that not all top ranked players have vills frontline and they instead expand towards the rim without any duress. You won't know a player's true colors until he's under heavy attack in this game. Some choose loyalty, others choose prudence and the rest go inactive.

Last edited:

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Once they get the high of having a high rank they get corrupted and start valuing points much more than they would have. This generally leads to unwillingness to support tribe members despite the large amount of villages he controls and of course with such a huge account relative to the rest of the tribe focused on self preservation,

hmm, then whats the meaning of this?

I never said all good players are like that, but there are definitely some and Balian seems to be one of them. I have to note that not all top ranked players have vills frontline and they instead expand towards the rim without any duress. You won't know a player's true colors until he's under heavy attack in this game. Some choose loyalty, others choose prudence and the rest go inactive.

well yea, for some I agree, to some extent even small players are like that

Last edited:

DeletedUser54578

hmm, then whats the meaning of this?

I don't understand where you're going with this. Do you legitimately not understand or are you just nitpicking my phrasing.

Last edited:

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I don't understand where you're going with this. Do you legitimately not understand or are you just nitpicking my phrasing.

You said in your post that

" Once they get the high of having a high rank they get corrupted and start valuing points much more than they would have. This generally leads to unwillingness to support tribe members despite the large amount of villages "

which leads me to question it...Which you answered

"I never said all good players are like that,"

Im just pointing out the fact that your generalized that all players having high Rank are corrupted...If you intend to target Ballian you should have mentioned that Balian is a high rank player who is corrupted and just values points....

oh well might get in trouble with my post...Meh who cares with high Rank if, if he values his points to much then its better for you tribe to get those villas for your tribe by force
:icon_cool:

DeletedUser54578

referential phrasing, I don't know how you turned my "they" into all top players. but regardless you should know what I meant.

Im just pointing out the fact that your generalized

... you don't have many friends do you.