Top 20 Tribes

DeletedUser121997

I think what you meant is the difference in knowing game mechanics and understanding them.

Knowing : yh you how the game works N you play tw by the book

Understanding : instead of following the book page by page, you are able to understand the settings and piece together how shit actually works E. G. Knowing how the settings worked will effect aspect of the game and play around that.

To be honest I was just making a joke, as my name includes "sket". Pretty lame I guess :(, I will cry myself to sleep.

DeletedUser119075

Well I wasn't replying to your post, maybe read the context first.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as skill in this game after you play a few worlds? What's the difference between skill and just basic knowledge after that?

Absolutely. The ceiling is much higher than most people realize.

There's also lots of knowledge that isn't basic, or commonly known. But learning to adapt to every situation is the real thing that separates "good players" from the best players. Good players can do well, the best players are virtually guaranteed to overcome whatever odds you throw at them.

A group of 5 top players can quite often easily take out an entire tribe of 40 players by themselves. And I don't mean 40 abysmally bad players, I mean an average worlds rank 1-5 tribe vs 5 of the best players in the game, and the team of 5 is probably going to triumph.

DeletedUser

There's also lots of knowledge that isn't basic, or commonly known. But learning to adapt to every situation is the real thing that separates "good players" from the best players. Good players can do well, the best players are virtually guaranteed to overcome whatever odds you throw at them.

A group of 5 top players can quite often easily take out an entire tribe of 40 players by themselves. And I don't mean 40 abysmally bad players, I mean an average worlds rank 1-5 tribe vs 5 of the best players in the game, and the team of 5 is probably going to triumph.

I agree with most of this, except the last bit, at least in a world like this. Pissing off any of the top 5 tribes atm as a group of 5 players no matter how good you are, assuming they surround you, means you are screwed. Later on in the game though, sure.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I agree with most of this, except the last bit, at least in a world like this. Pissing off any of the top 5 tribes atm as a group of 5 players no matter how good you are, assuming they surround you, means you are screwed. Later on in the game though, sure.

Early stages the 5 player group would still probably win if it was a farming world, but I agree that here the lack of farming creates too much parity between the accounts of the good players and the average players.

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

The real skill is to be able to play at top level quality while not playing this game as your entire life. The people who do that are the real champions who will be able to break any other player by sheer consistency.

DeletedUser117033

ODZ is a bunch of Swedes, just throw everything you have on them between 01-04 server time and they will have problems.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Yeah i would have to say I completely agree that time-management is probably one of the best skills that you can learn in this game and when combined with a lot of playing experience it really is impossible to beat a well-organised team of highly coordinated and skilled players (baring external factors). Like i've gotten to the point where people start faking me for the build up to an op i can sit there and look at the incs over the next few hours/day and predict pretty much spot on what villages are being targeted, regardless of whether its 100 fakes or 10000. This gives me a ridiculous edge over someone who just doesnt have that experience. Then on top of that because i've been on the receiving end of so many ops i just know how to respond and how to react to almost any given situation because chances are i've already had to deal with it so i dont have to sit there and worry or think about what needs to be done.

Anybody can snipe 20 trains in an op over a day & organise their defense and do a decent job but being able to condense the same work into a couple of hours makes a huge huge difference in the long-run. Eventually most wars come down to "who is the most active" and who can continue to login day in/day out and do their job. Being able to condense your workload so it doesnt consume your life or leisure time is absolutely massive.

DeletedUser120425

having a great startup in a world with limited pp feautures + limited hauls, shows great skill.

This is unbelievably stupid to say.
In a world with settings such as w100, there is only 1 way to get ahead in start-up.
By offering upto 2:1 Trades, which is then accepted by either mule accounts or accounts that will be used to merge.

There is little "skill" I'd say more technique involved when it comes to village build, knowing when to stop building your pits and focus elsewhere etc.
But majority of the top players are using 2:1 Trades and most are very open about it through skype or discord.

DeletedUser

But majority of the top players are using 2:1 Trades and most are very open about it through skype or discord.

I've been in and out of top 25 and I'm not using these trades. Where am I going wrong?

DeletedUser120425

I've been in and out of top 25 and I'm not using these trades. Where am I going wrong?
You are one of the players I would say (not confirm, I don't know shit) that due to your experience/knowledge in the game is more than capable of knowing the start-up mechanics.
But yeah 2:1 Trades you could be rank 1, you missed out. Sword Smith this world right?

Last edited:

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Startup is a stage were skill shines, but not on limited hauls worlds. No, I'm not saying that farming is the real skill. What I'm saying is farming nets more resources, and accounts with more resources have more options available to them, the more options available the more chance to differentiate yourself from the pack. Someone decent and someone great will play limited hauls very similarly, give them both an extra 500,000 resources per day to spend and watch how they choose to spend those resources and you'll start to see the differences between them.

DeletedUser122061

Startup is a stage were skill shines, but not on limited hauls worlds. No, I'm not saying that farming is the real skill. What I'm saying is farming nets more resources, and accounts with more resources have more options available to them, the more options available the more chance to differentiate yourself from the pack. Someone decent and someone great will play limited hauls very similarly, give them both an extra 500,000 resources per day to spend and watch how they choose to spend those resources and you'll start to see the differences between them.

What I personally like about no haul worlds is the highly importance to perfect your build, which forces you to develope more thoughts behind your actions, for example that you need to know when to produce troops instead of resource-fields etc.

While farmning as you say gives more options and therefore more space to work with to your advantage, no haul challenges you to be careful about what you build and when you build it. Also being aware of your surroundings is alot more crucial here. So the skill is there aswell in no-haul worlds but in a different way.

The Frog

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
"21. Bugz - Just realized they changed from Antz ? No matter will be eaten eventually just a matter of does one of the top tribes want to go after known turtles at the start of the world which could slow them down."

well turtles seeing as we always fight against the big tribes.lol.. mr bit cloud the playing field is now evened out.. dont upset my guys who have asked me to post and politely say dont underestimate bugz. as said before i use english or foul in languages.. this time i choose english :)

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
What I personally like about no haul worlds is the highly importance to perfect your build, which forces you to develope more thoughts behind your actions, for example that you need to know when to produce troops instead of resource-fields etc.

While farmning as you say gives more options and therefore more space to work with to your advantage, no haul challenges you to be careful about what you build and when you build it. Also being aware of your surroundings is alot more crucial here. So the skill is there aswell in no-haul worlds but in a different way.

I agree to a degree, but I feel that playing no hauls correctly is largely common sense to a degree that isn't true on farming worlds. Leaving your mines low on no hauls is suicide, but I dn't think it takes a genius to recognize that and avoid that pitfall. Though even among the "good" players there are still some differences, ie. when exactly to make troops, and exactly how high to raise mines before academy, but the difference between 30/30/30 and 28/28/26 aren't exactly gigantic, you can succeed with either strategy, it's only the people that have 20/20/19 while you have 30/30/30 or 28/28/26 who royally messed up.

Last edited:

DeletedUser120160

I think BEAST could end up being the ones to beat but with that said alot can change quickly in a world where walls can't be pp'd in 5 seconds and we could see a few surprises.

Also don't think a wide spread is necessarily a clever move in a non pp limited hauls world so some of the fancied tribes may suffer for it, but we will see.