2009 Awards Thread

DeletedUser

best conflict: i must say,conflict among the APOC tribes..for their enemies like us,it is more interesting than any other conflicts within the tribe or against any other tribes..

DeletedUser

If you are going to concatenate "they" and "are" please do it correctly or the meaning of your "contribution" is lost. The word you were looking for is "they're".

Outside the poor English (which is generally more commonly perpetrated by native English speakers) your nomination is vapid and pointless. Please try again...

DeletedUser40757

best conflict: i must say,conflict among the APOC tribes..for their enemies like us,it is more interesting than any other conflicts within the tribe or against any other tribes..

such a conflict would have to exist for it to hold any meaning in this thread. no such conflict has really existed to the extent that it could be considered noteworthy.
An example would be one full tribe(or even partial(20-30% of the tribe would be the minimum, imo) vs another tribe(or even partial tribe.
This hasn't happened, except in your dreams. Perhaps you meant to post this in the 2010 predictions or whatever it is?

DeletedUser

lol..ok,never thought language will be an issue here..no worries..consider my nomination pointless was just writing what im thinking..
as for the word conflict,we argue about the word resilient and all it's meaning,so i thought conflict would suggest also different meanings..

"this hasn't happened,except in your dreams." strong words..all the reason why we love to play this game..;-)

DeletedUser

Ok I'll put my two cents in for on the best defender as well as why I see it as such:

Sechul Lath hands down. There are other good defenders around such as Zurtle and Kuyokot was great at def but not at all on off. I saw a great snipe by kee on the korlik account when him and sn were playing it. Hakushaku did decent at some def once upon a time. So here is the take of an offensive player on good defenders. The players that have been mentioned in other parts of this thread so far the main contenders of this defenders portion of the thread are swordnuke (where I give kudos for keee doing the sniping when I took 500|500 from them), so I've dealt with that accounts defensive skills.

aa is another player that's been mentioned I'll not give any kudos for as his defensive play vrs me was pretty well non existant, I have taken several of his vills and have nuked to that others can take others of his vills so def skills were not on par with his reputation, main skill seems to be stacking. (Note I am not saying or implying that I could do to much better either).

Sechul Lath from what I saw of his account and from the volumes I have learned from that player I would give him the rating as the w18 greatest defensive player. I would in no way shape or form hesitate if he was to come to me and say he couldn't play so much anymore but that he could coplay with me and do my defenses. He'd be my coplayer as soon as I could arrange it.

So there is my view which is the view of a player who attacks others and has had dealings in one way shape or form with the main contenders of the title best defender.

DeletedUser

"aa is another player that's been mentioned I'll not give any kudos for as his defensive play vrs me was pretty well non existant, I have taken several of his vills and have nuked to that others can take others of his vills so def skills were not on par with his reputation, main skill seems to be stacking. (Note I am not saying or implying that I could do to much better either)."

i agree

DeletedUser53573

Actually he did list them. This is what he listed.

"I also had most of APOCS top players all hitting me. Zain, Zurtle, Davide, Rashelle, Orsio, LMB, cossack, squgillaume, Cal-, Rattlesnake, Telmaar and plenty more."

Perhaps you should read the post that my post is in response to before running off a reply. It has been moved to the Apoc Vs the World thread, feel free to read up.

Having taken 10 or so villages from korlik during this time, with very little effort on my part, and I mean extremely little, I can honestly say that Sechul is by far the better defender. Korlik made no attempt to dodge nukes, no attempt to renoble villages taken, no attempt to snipe, and no attempt to stack or snipe against a 90 hour train. And when the 90 hour train landed in the middle of 10 of his villages, with no support inbound he made 1 half assed attempt to retake it like 20 hours later. Are you really trying to make a case for him as defender of the year? And Adanouch is even worse, so don't even bring him up, he is incapable of defending without outside support.

U always talk about knowing which villages to defend and which to not.
Did u ever think I'd rather keep 54 villages over k55 villages? It worked until I had that two week stretch of being extra busy and by the time I got back it was too late

Realize that what separates a great defender from a bad or mediocre defender is not skill but work, so don't take this as a slight to your skill level. Of course you and SN are capable of sniping trains, renobling villas, etc etc, but you were too lazy for some of the time, and this is what separates you from Sechul. It's the same as my offense, it will never be great, because I am simply too lazy when attacking to make it great.[/QUOTE]

DeletedUser

Player of The Year
Zain & Zurtle

Tribe of The Year
Apoc -C & Apoc-D

Family of The Year
Apoc

Best Offensive Player
Zain

Best Offensive Tribe
Apoc-D

Best Defensive Player
Zurtle
Sechlul Lath - Volume

Best Defensive Tribe
MI. Heavy Def in the South.

Most Innovative Player ...
Sechul Lath
& My Team ;)

Most Innovative Tribe
Apoc-C

Most Promising Player
There are so many in Apoc to name.....
& My Team ;)

Most Promising Tribe
Apoc-F & Apoc-N, so much potential

Best Conflict
Soon, ~S~. :p

Best Forum Propagandist
PeterPaine & Andrew

Most Entertaining Forum contributor
MrMacMan

Best Leader
Apoc's Council

Best Relocation (Player)
DreamerTX
& My Team ;)

Best Relocation (Tribe)
Apoc-C

Comeback of The Year (Player)
Sorinius & Grimthk
& My Team ;)

Comeback of The Year (Tribe)
BA family

Most Resilient Player
Sechul Lath

Most Resilient Tribe
Apoc-D

DeletedUser

Its not really defensive skill, just how many hours you can play a day

DeletedUser

no more fighting?!;-)..i guess it is christmas after all..merry christmas everyone..;-)

DeletedUser

Player of The Year: The Mudge
Tribe of The Year: INF
Family of The Year: MIM
Best Offensive Player: The Mudge
Best Offensive Tribe: INF
Best Defensive Player: AdAnouch
Most Promising Player: maddawgmike
Most Promising Tribe: MI
Best Conflict: ongoing apoc vs the world
Best Forum Propagandist: Cadara
Best Leader: Rudegar