2009 Awards Thread

bomberace101

I still reckon we should just argue the case and let the mod decide, im sure by the end of the year he will have stopped doing as much work

DeletedUser

I agree - he can listen to the justifications given and make a decision from those. Far more sensible than letting people like you or I decide ;-)

DeletedUser

why do i get an impression you dont have a rl? D:

You are a funny one.

Offensive player of the year. Zain-Ba-I (When he starts to attack you, it's probably a good time to quit, or at least take a vacation.)

DeletedUser

--Cut off the last like... 2-3 months, as I haven't been around much.

Player of The Year
Hmmm, some people don't get the credit they deserve... I think the
top 3 are top 3 for a good reason... From those 3... Hard to tell, but
I guess Andy.

Tribe of The Year
Even though people don't like them... Apoc-D, Apoc-C (the ones that "fought"
FEAR, no?) were disappointing because of how they recruited "nubs" from the
tribe they had just beaten. Don't get me wrong, but, they were in the middle
of nowhere... With time to take more, and the choice was to recruit, lame.
So, anyway, I think the best is Apoc-D, because of how they managed to take
the num. 1 spot and have managed to stay there, while gaining massive amounts
of ODD and ODA.

Family of The Year
Probably BA, they have gotten to the point that, who they decide to attack, could
change the balance of one side, to the other...

Best Offensive Player
Maybe I'm biased... But Mudgy is scary...

Best OffensiveTribe
Apoc-D.

Best Defensive Player
Regardless of how, AA has been pounded for a while now... And he still is there...

Best DefensiveTribe
There is no one tribe that is best at the defending, there are players in each tribe
that are good at defending... So, let's just go with MI.

Most Innovative Player
Haven't seen any new stuff in a while...

Most Innovative Tribe
Ditto.

Most Promising Player
The last couple months Mudgy has been growing, and growing... He's finally
getting attention (more?), and for a good reason...

Most Promising Tribe
BA. Mentioned why above.

Best Conflict
S vs MM was cool, because of how both tribes eventually respected each other.

Best Forum Propagandist
MrMacMan is god... No doubt.

Most Entertaining Forum contributor
Ditto. MrMacMan.

Best Leader
Even if not the best leader (I'm not sure tbh)... I think Bella is one of the cool people around...

Best Relocation (Player)
Mudgy has written this all over him, although... Hans Bros also. So either one.
Also, uh, Rashelle... And Davie-mam.

Best Relocation (Tribe)
It would be Apoc-C, if it weren't for... (read above)... So, I would think some of
the MM players moving up, back during the S war.

Comeback of The Year (Player)
I'm not sure if you could call it a comeback, but, Mudgy lately has been climbing
rankings like a madman.

Comeback of The Year (Tribe)
None.

Most Resilient Player
AA. I don't even like him, but gotta admit how he's still around, with his... Personality.

Most Resilient Tribe
Deffo, S.

DeletedUser

--Cut off the last like... 2-3 months, as I haven't been around much.

Tribe of The Year
Even though people don't like them... Apoc-D, Apoc-C (the ones that "fought"
FEAR, no?) were disappointing because of how they recruited "nubs" from the
tribe they had just beaten. Don't get me wrong, but, they were in the middle
of nowhere... With time to take more, and the choice was to recruit, lame.
So, anyway, I think the best is Apoc-D, because of how they managed to take
the num. 1 spot and have managed to stay there, while gaining massive amounts
of ODD and ODA..

Apoc-C is in the north and didn't fight FEAR.

Player of the Year - Davidemah
Tribe of the Year - Apoc-D
Best Offensive Player - Zain-BA-I
Best Offensive Tribe - Apoc-D

DeletedUser

Which one was the FEAR one? I suck at remembering stuff.

DeletedUser

Apoc-F focussed on PAIN and also hit FEAR. Apoc-N & Apoc-W focussed on FEAR.

Apoc-C are in the north, between -D and BA.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you have my respect now zurtle...

defensive player of the year: ptagi

:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser44927

Tribe of the Year

Tribe of the Year

This one is difficult 'cos there are only a couple of major tribes that have actually been around for anywhere near a full year in their current forms. The obvious contenders (Apoc-D and MI) are both the products of mergers, as is Apoc-C, ~S~ and IM. That leaves only the BA tribes, Apoc-N and Apoc-F that are essentially unchanged over the year.

As the #3 tribe Apoc-F is probably the most deserving and their demolition of PAIN (and FEAR) reinforces their credentials as a well organised and effective tribe. Their next challenge is MIM to the south...
Andrew I dont see how you can pick Apoc-F when they are doing so badly at the moment.
You couldnt vote for MI for most resilient due to the loses against Apoc-D, F are suffering just as much in the South. I know its a differant category, but even so.

So...

Tough one. Im going to go with a tribe that isn’t in existence anymore, but were for a great part of 2009.
Although I havnt always got on with some of them, since them merging I have got to know them a lot more and have been impressed with the majority of its members. They have been in constant fights and were the first to take the fight to Apoc out of MM, S and INF.
INF

DeletedUser44927

Family of the year.
To be honest, I really only see one Family Tribe, and even if I counted the others as family it would still be them. To keep it all together take a lot of time and energy.
Apoc

Best Offensive Player
I do only vote for those I know. So although Zain has SUPER oda and many others have more then the player Ive chosen, I have no first hand experience of their attacks (phew). Of those I do know , several stand out, a drunk ozzy, a woman who thinks she a doll, but the one ive chosen has got on with the job quietly and I have had to face him in battle (a long time ago).
Hans Bros

Best Conflict
All of them :)
Any fight is a good fight. Its what the game is about.
MM vs S was good fun. Should never have been started in the first place and was stopped for the wrong reasons. But a good job it was to, the only people unhappy about it stopping were the winners of the fight, Apoc.
World vs Apoc. This is a going to run and run. Hopefully.

More to come later.

DeletedUser44927

Best Leader
As I’ve said before, leading a large tribe is not a one person job, and takes a good team. Hats off to the Apoc leadership for keeping it all together (apart from DreamerTX, who has a sulk over 1 vill). But again I’m voting from personnel experience and it has to go to..
MSBella

Best Relocation (Player)
Really tough one. You only have to look at the map thread for the top 20 players and see that the majority have moved with the wars. Most of the top 20 have moved away from their starting point and followed the frontlines wherever that may be.
To Close to call

Best Relocation (Tribe)
Only one tribe has really made that big jump and that is Apoc-C. But, Im sorry, It just doesn’t feel right. Yes you moved, but jumped over the family to get there. And yes it took work and effort to get people to move, but you had the rest of Apoc to help you.
None

Most Resilient Player
There are few people more disliked and loved than this player. He has been a major target and while he has relocated and lost vills, many others would and have quit in similar circumstances. He and I have had our ups and downs and im not his favorite player or he mine, but for still being here, when ½ the world wishes he were not
AdAnouch

DeletedUser

Tribe of the Year

Andrew I dont see how you can pick Apoc-F when they are doing so badly at the moment.
You couldnt vote for MI for most resilient due to the loses against Apoc-D, F are suffering just as much in the South. I know its a differant category, but even so.

Of course Apoc-F took on a significant number of the old Apoc-W and it is those players that are suffering. Of course "all for one" etc, so their losses don't sit well with anyone, but I don't expect the current loss rate to continue as the MIM (ex FEAR) pocket is removed and the main Apoc-F players head to the front.

Bottom line: I don't think the recent losses are truly representative of Apoc-F's capabilities or potential. Given my (self imposed) limitation w.r.t. "of the year" awards (i.e. that the nominee should have been around for the year) then I am happy that Apoc-F is the best of those that remain.

IF if were to open the nomination to include tribes that no longer exist then INF would certainly be in the shortlist.

DeletedUser

Most Resilient Player
There are few people more disliked and loved than this player. He has been a major target and while he has relocated and lost vills, many others would and have quit in similar circumstances. He and I have had our ups and downs and im not his favorite player or he mine, but for still being here, when ½ the world wishes he were not
AdAnouch

I guess we have to define resilient. If resilient means successful resistance to continuous on-going in-game bombardment then Sechal Lath gets it. He has managed to last a lot longer than AA and is still a force to be reckoned with.

If it means having the attitude "you'll never get rid of me no matter what you throw at me" then AA would be top of the pile.

DeletedUser

Resilent is the one that can withstand pressure, someone that wont give up after the first punch into the kidney...

DeletedUser44927

I didnt put AA down as best defensive :)

Never fought or had any dealings with Sechal Lath so I really cant comment.
Many players would have just quit if they were knocked back as hard as AA was.
Again, my choices can only be from players I have had dealings with.

DeletedUser

Player of The Year
My vote is also with davidemah, obviously for the great progress he´s had recently, but also for his attitude to the game, to his tribe and his friends, as a whole.

Tribe of The Year
Apoc-D.

Family of The Year
Apoc. A bit of a biased view, perhaps, but I believe I would have thought the same also if I belonged to the opposition. Love it or hate it, it is THE family of w18.

Best Offensive Player
Zain-BA-I. (When he goes nuking, all chats echo with "wheeeee", and even his own tribemates try to keep a distance.)

Best Offensive Tribe
Apoc-D for the big guns.
Apoc-C for the near seamless teamwork.
-MI- for being the strongest enemy tribe.

Best Defensive Player
Sechul Lath. Sometimes the obvious choice really is the right one.

Best Defensive Tribe
I´m not really sure. It seems to me that there aren´t so many tribes which can brag to be defensively good as a whole. All tribes will have good defensive players, and all tribes will have some smaller teams which together can work wonders defensively (and offensively, for that matter). But I doubt any tribes are really good defensively as a whole tribe. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Most Innovative Player
From those I know, I´ll have to answer Secul Lath to this one as well. I can´t give the full reasoning behind, as that would reveal too much, but he has described a couple of ideas for operations - both smaller and larger - which were really good, and definitely innovative.

Most Innovative Tribe
I doubt that such a thing exists, but in lack of a candidate I´ll say Apoc-C for their big jump... knowing who was the real inventor behind it though, I guess the award should go to someone else, but that person is a person, and not a tribe...

Most Promising Player
Our darling Sorinius. Main reason given further down.

Most Promising Tribe
There are no tribes at this stage which I´d say are "promising". It´s too late in game for such terminology.

Best Conflict
Apoc vs World

Best Forum Propagandist
PeterPaine

MrMacMan

Best Leader
Zain-BA-I.

Best Relocation (Player)
I actually really like my own; coming back to the game after originally having quit, without as much as a single frontline village, I´m quite pleased about the new location(s). But if it is the best one, I wouldn´t say. In a way I guess WarTigger is a decent candidate, but seeing it as he went from our side to the other, telling us he´d quit then didn´t, and only to noble literally a ton of barbs, I have strong bias against him. But no denying his new location is really good.

Best Relocation (Tribe)
Apoc-C

grimhtk75, "Natasha", "Tyra"

Have any tribes had a comeback this year?

Most Resilient Player
Sorinius

Most Resilient Tribe
Hmmm... I guess it must be WarGod. Just for still being there. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Player of The Year
Davidemah

Tribe of The Year
Apoc -C and Apoc-D, the two tie to #1 in my opinion

Family of The Year
Apoc

Best Offensive Player
Zain

Best OffensiveTribe
Apoc-D

Best Defensive Player
Sechul Lath

Best DefensiveTribe
I was going to say ~S~ but they only support their own leaders, so my vote goes to Apoc-C

Most Innovative Player

Most Innovative Tribe
Most Promising Player

Most Promising Tribe
{BA} and [BA]

Best Conflict
Apoc and allies vs the world

Best Forum Propagandist
MrMacMan

MrMacMan

Best Leader
Apoc leadership, Zain and Masterfool

Best Relocation (Player)
Many top players have relocated, and most continue doing so every day, so no special mention.

Best Relocation (Tribe)
Apoc-C's jump

KarenMirkwood, MrMacMan, Grim

None that I know

Most Resilient Player
Sechul Lath

Most Resilient Tribe
None comes to mind.

keee

Sechul Lath just got uber stacked before the war the same way Korlik did, nothing resilient about it. AA however was on his own, i have no doubts in saying he is the most resilient.