2009 Awards Thread

DeletedUser

I'm not sure you know how well Lath defended himself in terms of sniping trains, maximization of troops, knowing where he can lose villages... when to retake lost villages.

Go ahead and ask your own players about their experiences, i'm sure they will describe scouting empty villages only to have their nobles sniped, upon sending nukes they hit stacks.

Lath knows how to use his mobile defense, no doubt in my mind.

DeletedUser

Sechul Lath just got uber stacked before the war the same way Korlik did, nothing resilient about it. AA however was on his own, i have no doubts in saying he is the most resilient.

Having taken a significant number of AA's vills, many of which were stacked, I can say from personal experience that he received a LOT of help from MM. Unfortunately quite a lot was too late ;-) Of course plenty got there in time, hence the serious ODD.

I'm not sure whether we are working on a voting system or we are making a case to truscott. Assuming the latter I am more than willing to hear your case/evidence for AA being on his own...

DeletedUser40757

. AA however was on his own, i have no doubts in saying he is the most resilient.
Thats why I had MI supporting my new villages however briefly until they recalled the support?:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser53573

Player of The Year
Davidemah

Tribe of The Year
Apoc -C and Apoc-D, the two tie to #1 in my opinion

Family of The Year
Apoc

Best Offensive Player
Zain

Best OffensiveTribe
Apoc-D

Best Defensive Player
Sechul Lath

Best DefensiveTribe
I was going to say ~S~ but they only support their own leaders, so my vote goes to Apoc-C

Most Innovative Player

Most Innovative Tribe
Most Promising Player

Most Promising Tribe
{BA} and [BA]

Best Conflict
Apoc and allies vs the world

Best Forum Propagandist
MrMacMan

Most Entertaining Forum contributor
MrMacMan

Best Leader
Apoc leadership, Zain and Masterfool

Best Relocation (Player)
Many top players have relocated, and most continue doing so every day, so no special mention.

Best Relocation (Tribe)
Apoc-C's jump

Comeback of The Year (Player)
KarenMirkwood, MrMacMan, Grim

Comeback of The Year (Tribe)
None that I know

Most Resilient Player
Sechul Lath

Most Resilient Tribe
None comes to mind.

Personally I can't see the point of blatantly partisan "nominations" such as the one above. How about providing a justification for each? That should at least give the illusion that rational thought intervened in the process...

I agree Mr. Dong

DeletedUser53573

I'm not sure you know how well Lath defended himself in terms of sniping trains, maximization of troops, knowing where he can lose villages... when to retake lost villages.

Go ahead and ask your own players about their experiences, i'm sure they will describe scouting empty villages only to have their nobles sniped, upon sending nukes they hit stacks.

Lath knows how to use his mobile defense, no doubt in my mind.

Cause thats so hard? Be real Maccy.

Even during summer school+football summer camp I still managed to not lose more than 1 or 2 villages, and we were defo positives. Then kee decided to try school n quit (nub) n I had a 14 hour day with school+football so i was busy too. Still defended well.

Only about half of k54 had support in it, usually 2-4 each. However, every single nuke that hit one of the k54 villages, met a stack of 7+ villages.

Its not hard at all.

DeletedUser

I'll elaborate a bit so swordnoob doesn't give us another triple post.

Player of The Year
Davidemah: Anyone who knows Davide knows why he deserves to be player of the year. No other player (that I know) grasps the game in so many levels at the same time, and succeeds in all of them. Not only he is an amazing offensive player, but he is also great at coordinating, defending, planning strategy, not to mention just a great friend.

Tribe of The Year
Apoc -C and Apoc-D, the two tie to #1 in my opinion. Both tribes have moved several continents forward since the SIM war started. Both show impressive coordination and cooperation.

Family of The Year
Apoc. The only family that is *actually* a real family. All Apoc tribes work together in offenses, help each other, and actually like each other.

Best Offensive Player
Zain. Zain's offensive prowess is not only having an amazing ODA, which he does, I doubt anyone would disagree with that (except maybe AA who once said that Zain's ODA came from clearing barbs :icon_rolleyes: ), but when you get 2000+ incomings from Zain, there really isn't much to be done but quit.

Best OffensiveTribe
Apoc-D. Just like Zain there are a bunch of super strong offensive players in this tribe. Their coordination is truly amazing. Few players can stand the full offensive power of Apoc-D, in fact I have yet to see one withstand their attacks.

Best Defensive Player
Sechul Lath. The reasons for him being the best defender have been stated before me and with much more fluency. But to make things short: He is not uber stacked like some people claim, sure some villages are stacked. He has not only defended 24/7 for the last 4-5 months, but in this time he has also grown a lot. The ability to snipe trains, mark thousands of incomings, and hardly lose any village is worthy of the best defensive player title.

Best DefensiveTribe
I was going to say ~S~ but they only support their own leaders, so my vote goes to Apoc-C. Apoc-C when needed can get their players a ton of defense in just a few minutes, their strong is communication. Sure ~S~ held off a nice offensive against them in K34, but the players under attack were the leaders, the rest of the tribe, the foot soldiers don't get even a spear for support, so they aren't the best defensive tribe, just are able to stack their leaders while leaving the rest of the tribe to die.

Most Innovative Player

Most Innovative Tribe
Most Promising Player
There are many players who aren't in the top 20 yet they are a force to watch: GJKevin, 0u1ncy, ChicagoDash, dhudson07, SpecD, and so many others.

Most Promising Tribe
{BA} and [BA]. The BA family is a very strong and powerful one. Now that they have taken care of their cannibalization I am sure we will see them make great advances against ~S~, and if so they chose to, against MIM as well. BA is a well-oiled war machine.

Best Conflict
Apoc and allies vs the world. It's the first, and probably last full world war. While Apoc & BA are making enormous progress in the North and Core, MIM are pushing the frontlines in the south.

Best Forum Propagandist
MrMacMan. His posts are always intelligent and fun to read, also his sarcasm is quite enjoyable.

Most Entertaining Forum contributor
MrMacMan. See previous.

Best Leader
Apoc leadership, Zain and Masterfool. Running a big family like Apoc is no easy job, not to mention each individual tribe and their own accounts. Thumbs up

Best Relocation (Player)
Many top players have relocated, and most continue doing so every day, so no special mention.

Best Relocation (Tribe)
Apoc-C's jump. Yes, they jumped over allies, but they didn't land in the frontlines nobling a bunch of barbs, they attacked active players, and grew to control the continent in a short time.

Comeback of The Year (Player)
KarenMirkwood, MrMacMan, Grim. Karen and MrMac both took long hiatuses from the game, they are both now back and quickly growing, but not growth due to barbs or cannibalizing players, but taking villages from the enemy. Grim was almost rimmed by Apoc during the legion war, yet he has returned, joined Apoc and is now growing at an incredible rate as well.

Comeback of The Year (Tribe)
None that I know

Most Resilient Player
Sechul Lath. Read up on best defensive player.

Most Resilient Tribe
None comes to mind.

DeletedUser

Cause thats so hard? Be real Maccy.

Even during summer school+football summer camp I still managed to not lose more than 1 or 2 villages, and we were defo positives. Then kee decided to try school n quit (nub) n I had a 14 hour day with school+football so i was busy too. Still defended well.

Only about half of k54 had support in it, usually 2-4 each. However, every single nuke that hit one of the k54 villages, met a stack of 7+ villages.

Its not hard at all.

To compare yourself and the defense you made in the core to Sechul Lath is fairly humorous. You list a group of heavy hitters that were all attacking you, yet fail to mention that none of them ever made any real effort to either nuke you or fake you. I probably sent less than 100 total attacks at you, and probably 20 real nukes TOTAL. You were never a priority, because you were never a threat, and so you never faced even a fraction of any of the attacking players normal offense. What you faced wasn't even remotely in the same universe as what Sechul Lath faced and still faces every day.

Defensive player of the year: Sechul Lath. (This is really a no brainer for anyone in S or apocalypse and is familiar with what he is receiving for both attacks and support. he has continually dealt with an incoming list in the thousands for months on end with no stopping. He has received outside support, but nothing compared to the incoming he has received. He also has had a great crew of sitters when needed, but this does not take away from the fact he is doing by far the majority of the work defending his account. He has demonstrated time and time again that he knows and uses all the tools required for making and performing a great defense.) For anyone arguing Adanouch, you have no clue, he rarely if ever demonstrates the use of any defensive tools outside of stacking, However, on that note.

Most resilient player of the year: Adanouch (as there is some debate over the definition of the word resilient, I will post it.)
1. springing back; rebounding.
2. returning to the original form or position after being bent, compressed, or stretched.
3. recovering readily from illness, depression, adversity, or the like; buoyant.

There are not many that can even vie for the position, the most notable contender against Adanouch being Wartigger I believe. Although I think that Adanouch has shown to be more resilient than Wartigger thus far. Of course it is possible that I have missed a player or two that might be able to make a good argument for the spot.

final note, you state that "the account is defended 24/7 so that's at least 4 people" How do you figure? I play my account 24/7 and I'm only 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Posts have been deleted, given a reason to reinstate them I will but I thought this thread was about positively nominating players not discussing Apoc Vs the world.

DeletedUser53573

To compare yourself and the defense you made in the core to Sechul Lath is fairly humorous. You list a group of heavy hitters that were all attacking you, yet fail to mention that none of them ever made any real effort to either nuke you or fake you. I probably sent less than 100 total attacks at you, and probably 20 real nukes TOTAL. You were never a priority, because you were never a threat, and so you never faced even a fraction of any of the attacking players normal offense. What you faced wasn't even remotely in the same universe as what Sechul Lath faced and still faces every day.

Defensive player of the year: Sechul Lath. (This is really a no brainer for anyone in S or apocalypse and is familiar with what he is receiving for both attacks and support. he has continually dealt with an incoming list in the thousands for months on end with no stopping. He has received outside support, but nothing compared to the incoming he has received. He also has had a great crew of sitters when needed, but this does not take away from the fact he is doing by far the majority of the work defending his account. He has demonstrated time and time again that he knows and uses all the tools required for making and performing a great defense.) For anyone arguing Adanouch, you have no clue, he rarely if ever demonstrates the use of any defensive tools outside of stacking, However, on that note.

Most resilient player of the year: Adanouch (as there is some debate over the definition of the word resilient, I will post it.)
1. springing back; rebounding.
2. returning to the original form or position after being bent, compressed, or stretched.
3. recovering readily from illness, depression, adversity, or the like; buoyant.

There are not many that can even vie for the position, the most notable contender against Adanouch being Wartigger I believe. Although I think that Adanouch has shown to be more resilient than Wartigger thus far. Of course it is possible that I have missed a player or two that might be able to make a good argument for the spot.

final note, you state that "the account is defended 24/7 so that's at least 4 people" How do you figure? I play my account 24/7 and I'm only 1.

Then you have not slept in over 18 months? Please do not lie.

keee

Zurtle lol, If SN had to list the "big hitters" attacking him, you wouldn't probably even make the top 20. You shouldn't be so presumptious to assume your input is so much greater than others. 100 nukes sent will inevitabley be defended the same way 100 nukes from a rank 300 player would be.. You are right in saying Sech received more attacks than Korlik did.. By a margin of about 30% according to the stats (is that so humorous?).

Point being there is really two sides to defensive play.. One is the ability to be stacked by your tribe (which should receive it's merits too - it still requires alot of effort)... And the other being the actual ability to dodge/snipe/etc.

The following players have obviously shown that they have the ability to rally support on their tribes behalf, but the difference between #1/2/3 really comes down to the tribal input rather than the work of the player. And as such i don't find it particuarly accurate to crown a "best defensive player" based on such a communal effort.

1 Sechul Lath 198,89 Mio.
2 AdAnouch 181,75 Mio.
3 ZZdragon 157,32 Mio.
4 Korlik 139,12 Mio.
5 Alf Hucker 134,27 Mio.

I can't speak for other top ODD gainers however I can't begin to imagine how many co-players actually play Sech (correct me if i'm wrong), but i know SN has literally had to sock it out alone (for probably 90% of the MI/APOC war) and for that he deserves some accolades.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Zurtle lol, If SN had to list the "big hitters" attacking him, you wouldn't probably even make the top 20. You shouldn't be so presumptious to assume your input is so much greater than others. 100 nukes sent will inevitabley be defended the same way 100 nukes from a rank 300 player would be.. You are right in saying Sech received more attacks than Korlik did.. By a margin of about 30% according to the stats (is that so humorous?).

Point being there is really two sides to defensive play.. One is the ability to be stacked by your tribe (which should receive it's merits too - it still requires alot of effort)... And the other being the actual ability to dodge/snipe/etc.

The following players have obviously shown that they have the ability to rally support on their tribes behalf, but the difference between #1/2/3 really comes down to the tribal input rather than the work of the player. And as such i don't find it particuarly accurate to crown a "best defensive player" based on such a communal effort.

1 Sechul Lath 198,89 Mio.
2 AdAnouch 181,75 Mio.
3 ZZdragon 157,32 Mio.
4 Korlik 139,12 Mio.
5 Alf Hucker 134,27 Mio.

I can't speak for other top ODD gainers however I can't begin to imagine how many co-players actually play Sech (correct me if i'm wrong), but i know SN has literally had to sock it out alone (for probably 90% of the MI/APOC war) and for that he deserves some accolades.

Actually he did list them. This is what he listed.

"I also had most of APOCS top players all hitting me. Zain, Zurtle, Davide, Rashelle, Orsio, LMB, cossack, squgillaume, Cal-, Rattlesnake, Telmaar and plenty more."

Perhaps you should read the post that my post is in response to before running off a reply. It has been moved to the Apoc Vs the World thread, feel free to read up.

Having taken 10 or so villages from korlik during this time, with very little effort on my part, and I mean extremely little, I can honestly say that Sechul is by far the better defender. Korlik made no attempt to dodge nukes, no attempt to renoble villages taken, no attempt to snipe, and no attempt to stack or snipe against a 90 hour train. And when the 90 hour train landed in the middle of 10 of his villages, with no support inbound he made 1 half assed attempt to retake it like 20 hours later. Are you really trying to make a case for him as defender of the year? And Adanouch is even worse, so don't even bring him up, he is incapable of defending without outside support.

Realize that what separates a great defender from a bad or mediocre defender is not skill but work, so don't take this as a slight to your skill level. Of course you and SN are capable of sniping trains, renobling villas, etc etc, but you were too lazy for some of the time, and this is what separates you from Sechul. It's the same as my offense, it will never be great, because I am simply too lazy when attacking to make it great.

DeletedUser

best defensive player: solly for you

without any help from the tribe and no premium,he does well sniping and stacking his villas..

DeletedUser

i would vote for APOC-D as tribe of the year...(if INF still exists i think we will be one of the top contenders)
reason is they have the big guns there and they are scary..;-)

best offensive tribe: INF but not existing so APOC-D..

best leader: i would vote for marksyourdaddy for keeping the south firm amidst the chaos and different egos..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't see why dead tribes shouldn't be allowed into the vote. For if they were around in 09 surely they deserve a space in the thread?

DeletedUser

best defensive player: solly for you

without any help from the tribe and no premium,he does well sniping and stacking his villas..

i wouldnt call him a good defender, but he did make me feel like an idiot after the first wave of my attacks on him >.>

DeletedUser

I don't see why dead tribes shouldn't be allowed into the vote. For if they were around in 09 surely they deserve a space in the thread?

My constraint was purely self-imposed. Personally I think any "of the year" title should require that the entity involved has been around for the whole year - I guess this could be stretched to include enitities that have morphed from/to something else, provided their fundamental approach/ethos hasn't changed too much.

Apoc-D perhaps should not be excluded for exactly these reasons; its approach/ethos - and leadership for that matter - are exactly the same as at the beginning if the year but... Apoc-D was formed from two tribes (RKN-C and TWA-N3) during the period (on or around May 14) and so, in my view, its membership has fundamentally changed, hence the exclusion.

All other titles should be up for grabs, with the exception of most resilient which heavily suggests the nominees should still be around!

Of course, as I said before, this differentiation is a rule that I have applied to my own selections. Others are free to follow a similar line of reasoning or their own.

Andy

DeletedUser

i wouldnt call him a good defender, but he did make me feel like an idiot after the first wave of my attacks on him >.>

if you play him one on one with no help from the other members of the tribe and with same number of villas,it would be hard..and also basing that he has no premium,i assume that if he has and learn how to use it,imagine what progress can he make..so that's why i vote for him..;-)