4Chan Invasion - Ban Hammer Needed

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Yes i know that, I was pointing out that Nauz seems to rate himself and your tribe too highly and is too blind to see that there is alot of other good players out there, not just him if you count him as 1...

You seem to have a strange misconception.

I don't think there aren't many good players.

I think good players are a very small minority, but there are absolutely still lots of them. The truly great players make up about .05% of the playerbase, ie. 1 in 2,000 or so. That'd mean there are about 12 or so such players on w72 perhaps.

I've never claimed to be the best, I however acknowledge very few people as being "better" than me, I however consider quite a large number of people to be comparable to myself. There is a skill ceiling, many people are nearly at it, ranking those people against each other is nearly impossible.

As for your earlier questions: Someone who can consistently get rank 1 at 5k, 10k, 100k, etc. is indeed much higher skilled than the average player that finishes a world at rank 1. This really isn't anything anyone intelligent has tried to debate in a long time, because it's largely considered a given for the following reasons:

Startup is centered on the idea of vulnerability.

One mistake can be the end of your account.

To survive at times requires nothing less than perfection.

As your account grows in size you can afford to make more mistakes without it mattering. The same mistake that might have gotten you rimmed at startup might lose you one out of hundreds of villages later on. Such a loss is trivial, late-game is not about having a solid skillset so much as it is about organization and dedication.

Late-game also demands MUCH more activity (when warring that is, not when simply nobling barbs and internals and building villages with FA), at times you will have incomings landing nonstop for days on end, and to do well you must give up all semblance of a social life, and/or be account sat around the clock. That isn't my idea of fun. If I want to go out to the bar after work and get smashed I don't wan to have to log on to TribalWars first and set a sitter, or check if my co-player can be logged on, I want to live my life as I see fit, and play TW as a means of passing time, not let it dictate the activities of my daily life.

Now, to your other question, why did I bring up your accounts miserable stats?

Easy: It takes one to know one.

You are not a good player, as such you are not fit to decide who is and who isn't good. You're not good enough to recognize when someone else is good. Better than you is recognizable, sure, but better than you isn't anything particularly special.

DeletedUser

As I am sure everyone in W72 has noticed (or anyone in K46) we have been invaded by 4Chan. Don't misunderstand me, I have been a /b/ro for 10 years now, but there are some places where /b/ has no presence and Tribal Wars is one of them.

I say this because the Tribal Wars community is a mostly laid back, respectful, and an all-around more refined community than 4Chan. 4Chan is, as we have been described by several news reporters, the "asshole of the Internet". We have justly gained that reputation and I do not want that reputation for Tribal Wars.

The ban hammer is needed in most of the tribes in K46.
Look at the names of the people in Be, DOGE, boxxy, DESU, CCCP, -OK-, Lel, NWO, LOLI, HORN, CP and almost every other name in my area.

Come at me, /b/ro's.
You won't win this war.
I will not forgive your invasion.
I will not forget your invasion.
I am not Anonymous here.
I am Legion.

Smell like Propagandah to me.

DeletedUser

4chan "invasions" have been happening as long as I can remember. And they're good - there are quite a lot of players who've stuck around and are now part of the most active part of the community. Hey, some are even part of our team.

Unless rules are _actually_ being broken no-one will get banned. If you see a rule breach you should report it via the support ticket option.

This post can actually be rewritten as: "If you interact with someone in said cluster that is probably 4chan, look carefully and report anything you might think that should be reported as a breach with ToS." Can be even rewritten to "Wanna get rid of some rivals just report them". Just like the OP in this thread intended. Why endorse that?

Also ... changing the invite system to 5 player only. How is that gonna help prevent organizing clustering? Simple answer.. it won't. Basic math. To prevent a cluster from forming clusters would require that people can only invite less than 1 player to start nearby. Also obvious why such a change wont ever be implemented is that every premade is allowed to cluster before the world starts. So basically clustering is normal game policy allowed for premium players to keep spending money. It remains unchanged. If you happen,as a new random player, to end up in one of these sanctioned clusters no moneyspening on PP can prevent you from becoming a farm or be threatened into submission. Or nobled.

Just my 5 PP's.

edit: Also in other threads have been compliments on how well spread the "Orcs" are on the starting map. Anyone really think that just 'randomly' happened? They started after the 'pre-subscribing' so are on the rim. How many times did their players reroll to get that kinda spread? Your guess would be as good as mine. More importantly.. How many inactive villages got removed in that particular region and not become barbs? Isn;t clustering just as bad as deliberately spreading? Are people looking into this?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser67788

I don't get the big deal about the invasions by these groups. There was a 9GAG invasion of some world I played and it was pathetic. Their goal was to 'ruin' the game for other people, but they didn't seem to realize they were joining and playing exactly how the game was meant to be played. Not only that, but most of them were so bad at playing that they were simply farms and caps for better players. They thought they were making a dent, but they really weren't.

The worst part about those communities is how goddamn stupid their members are, and then they write it off as trolling.

daddy-jam

agree with above post. we have commonwealth members starting new accounts already and breaking rules, all because they got hit today with catts.

and because they cant cut it, they spoil it for the players who join their tribes who are not 4chan members.