Anime like it dislike it?

DeletedUser

I actually like anime to a point but it's full of gayness.

DeletedUser

Omg ani i just looked at your sig i love it.

*goes all nerdy over FMA*

DeletedUser

I'd say it depends what you're watching. There are great anime and there are trashbin anime, just like with just about anything else that exists out there.

Many, many out there for serious watchers offer a much more immersive and rich story in comparison to what rolls out of hollywood and the like. Different flavors of all sorts, and if you're watching a good one they often have a deep-seated theme or something you could strongly related to, just like a novel. And since a lot of people hate reading these days, that's probably a good thing there are such anime.

In the end the difference between anime and other forms of theater/screenplay/movies/etc. is just the presentation style, particularly in the art.

Although there are some cases where they force fanservice into the plot just because....those instances annoy me. But on the overall I don't see any reason to hate anime unless you hate stories in general. In the end, just like with all forms of story telling...there are great ones and then there is trash. Don't judge the whole on the trash.

darkaniken2

Faservice is indeed annoying, but it's no different than in regular movies and TV shows anymore. Just commonplace in entertainment these days.

DeletedUser

Wasn't there a anime where it was was like 60% fanservice?

DeletedUser

Back to anime.

I think code geass is for pedo's.

Wait what ? :icon_eek:

Btw, does any of you have any good dramatic anime +17 to suggest ? (something similar to code geass, death note, elfen cried)

Last edited by a moderator:

darkaniken2

It's not +17, but I'd suggest Clannad if you're looking.

Remember Odyseus and the Queens arranged marrige? :p

DeletedUser

Btw, does any of you have any good dramatic anime +17 to suggest ? (something similar to code geass, death note, elfen cried)

If you're looking for something with a lot of gore and a relatively decent subplot to give it background (I saw elfen lied mentioned), I'd suggest Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai (second season of it).

Code Geass and Death Note had high points with them having an extremely overcapable love/hate protagonists that had very strong tactical skills that generally controlled the plot. Off the top of my head I can't really think of too many that fall under that can rival those in that regard. Perhaps X/1999. Gungrave is also a really strong one. I could also suggest a few good action series that I enjoyed on the level of those two. Black Lagoon, Darker than Black, Black Cat, Ikkitousen, Black Blood Brothers, Ergo Proxy, Hellsing Ultimate (I hate the fact it takes them several months to release each new episode though, it's still not done :(), just to start.

If you're looking at a lighter side of drama (I say lighter, I find it much more emotionally gripping) try something like Ef - Eternal Memories, Chrono Crusade, Kanon, Air, or Clannad (particularly the second season, Clannad After Story). They've got a lot of emotional intensity and more relate-able tragedies involved than the take-over-the-world type stories of Lelouch and Light.

While many of these suggestions don't deal with adult characters, the themes and such are targetted for the same type of audience as the ones you mentioned enjoying previously, so I'd think you would probably enjoy them.

And if you already saw all those or they don't interest you, ask again! More parameters to your request this time, I could probably find you something more specific to your liking ;)

darkaniken2

Cheshire, I'm looking for a comedy similar to Kampfer if you've watched it. Something light and hearty. Just got finished rewatching Clannad Afterstory, so need cheering up. :(

DeletedUser96905

Im not anime junky but
My favorite -> Beserk

Runner Ups...
Neon Genisis: Evangelian
Cowboy Bebop

but some animes have like 400 episodes... thats just scary. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

If you're looking for something with a lot of gore and a relatively decent subplot to give it background (I saw elfen lied mentioned), I'd suggest Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai (second season of it).

Code Geass and Death Note had high points with them having an extremely overcapable love/hate protagonists that had very strong tactical skills that generally controlled the plot. Off the top of my head I can't really think of too many that fall under that can rival those in that regard. Perhaps X/1999. Gungrave is also a really strong one. I could also suggest a few good action series that I enjoyed on the level of those two. Black Lagoon, Darker than Black, Black Cat, Ikkitousen, Black Blood Brothers, Ergo Proxy, Hellsing Ultimate (I hate the fact it takes them several months to release each new episode though, it's still not done :(), just to start.

If you're looking at a lighter side of drama (I say lighter, I find it much more emotionally gripping) try something like Ef - Eternal Memories, Chrono Crusade, Kanon, Air, or Clannad (particularly the second season, Clannad After Story). They've got a lot of emotional intensity and more relate-able tragedies involved than the take-over-the-world type stories of Lelouch and Light.

While many of these suggestions don't deal with adult characters, the themes and such are targetted for the same type of audience as the ones you mentioned enjoying previously, so I'd think you would probably enjoy them.

And if you already saw all those or they don't interest you, ask again! More parameters to your request this time, I could probably find you something more specific to your liking ;)

I tried watching higurashi xD watched 1st season, was not brave enough for 2nd one :D (jk was not interested :p)
Btw, thx for all those suggestions, ill start watching them tomorrow :p

and i liked Code Geass really much because everything was perfectly made. Lelouch, CC, interesting story and really dramatic :p

DeletedUser

My top 5 anime are 1.Tri gun 2.Full metal alchemist 3.code geass 4.blue gender 5.Eva

DeletedUser92094

Anime was cool when i was 8 and i used to watch Poke'mon -.-'

DeletedUser

Cheshire, I'm looking for a comedy similar to Kampfer if you've watched it. Something light and hearty. Just got finished rewatching Clannad Afterstory, so need cheering up. :(

I hadn't seen Kampfer yet but I took a little time to watch some of it to get an idea of what you're looking for. Based on the first 2 episodes I'd suggest To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, To Aru Majutsu no Index (same characters and setting as railgun but a completely different story revolving around a different protagonist), or Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun.

A more serious one I still had a lot of laughs with was Durarara!!, it has a lot of great and unforgettable characters involved in it. I'd suggest that over the other three I mentioned but it has a different feel to it than Kampfer, so I'm suggesting it separately :3