Anime like it dislike it?

darkaniken2

Indeed. But series with no plot whatsoever are almost always to be avoided. It's just too hard to get into the story when there isn't one to get in to.

DeletedUser

Back in the day i used to watch dragonball and pokemon. Since then i dont really watch Anime. Nothing against it just would rather watch non animated TV's and Movies

DeletedUser

A while back i heard about someone making a halo anime (not from those guys at rooster teeth either) was gonna be about the spartans and them fighting in the civil war before the covenant attacked and all.But i havent heard anything else about it lately :S

DeletedUser

A while back i heard about someone making a halo anime (not from those guys at rooster teeth either) was gonna be about the spartans and them fighting in the civil war before the covenant attacked and all.But i havent heard anything else about it lately :S

Haven't watched it nor even played Halo, but this seems like it might be what you're looking for, just based on a little search:

http://animeseed.com/index.php/site-content/anime-pages/halo-legends/?p=1173

DeletedUser92094

Back in the day i used to watch dragonball and pokemon. Since then i dont really watch Anime. Nothing against it just would rather watch non animated TV's and Movies

Same here.
beside the occasional Family Guy :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Has anyone watched all episodes of Hellsing here? i have few stupid questions :p

DeletedUser

I enjoyed anime if the plot interest me, but I'm also the type that when i start something I must finish it. Bleach is my current one but I remember the days of Dragonballz. Chobits and Dears was more for cute than anything else and Zoids Genesis ftw never made it to America but did better than the originals in my opinion.

But yea if it has a plot I usually enjoy it or looks some what entertaining.

DeletedUser

Which one?

The one with the real plot still has 3 more episodes to be released.

I watched with 13 episodes one but i feel like they hurried up and have not finished the story.

now im watching Hellsing Ultimate and it explains more about every character but its not as good as one with 13eps because they skip many things that was explained in 13eps one :|

now try to understand what i said :D

DeletedUser

I just watched 5cm per Second cause it was recommended to me. I was skeptical that I would like it since it's only an hour long.
Well it certainly didn't go the direction I thought. At the end I was like, "wait, what? It's over???" T.T it was very good, though

DeletedUser

Don't manga still have filler archs and the like? i mean bleach is the worst about it so is naroutu all there manga had massive filler arches.

arcs, yes, but im talking about the waiting time for goku to finally let that kamehameha go, or for naruto to stop monologuing/charging his fox chakra.

DeletedUser

I watched with 13 episodes one but i feel like they hurried up and have not finished the story.

now im watching Hellsing Ultimate and it explains more about every character but its not as good as one with 13eps because they skip many things that was explained in 13eps one :|

now try to understand what i said :D

The 13 episode one severely deviated from the true plot. You're right in that it was hurried up and they didn't finish the story, because it made its own story. There was no real conclusion or direction to it at the end. Hellsing Ultimate follows the manga, therefore does not cover certain things they did in the 13 episode one that did not actually occur in the plot of the manga. It's more extensive, deeper, and has a real story to it. The art is also significantly better and personally I find it much more intriguing than the 13 episode one.

Unfortunately there's still 3 episodes left to be released from what I've read and it takes them several months to release each episode. Watch all 7 episodes of Ultimate that are out now and you'll see.

DeletedUser25046

Indeed. But series with no plot whatsoever are almost always to be avoided. It's just too hard to get into the story when there isn't one to get in to.

does that just go with common scene you can't get into it if its not there?
And anything without a plot is just pointless unless its nothing but random battles in which case the combat somewhat makes up for it.

darkaniken2

does that just go with common scene you can't get into it if its not there?
And anything without a plot is just pointless unless its nothing but random battles in which case the combat somewhat makes up for it.
To Love-Ru has few battles, no overall plot, and fairly boring characters. It's hard to watch. :p

DeletedUser

I used to feel the same barfy, but a few years ago a friend suggested I watched FMA, and I got hooked. I've even started buying series' of some of my favourites. :O

I checked most of the animes posted here and none of them is as good as Code geass

if only you can suggest me some dramatic, with good story anime :p CG was the best one for me and Death note/Elfen lied were not bad

If you haven't watched it already, try Vampire Knight + Vampire Knight Guilty. I've just finished watching it, and it's pretty gripping (mainly Guilty, but you have to watch VK for the storyline, but it's still really good. ;o).

Here's a few I really like:

Fullmetal Alchemist + Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood + the film. :p
Elfen Lied
Death Note
Code Geass
Ergo Proxy
Vampire Knight + Vampire Knight Guilty
Wolf's Rain
Trinity Blood
I do like Bleach and Naruto Shippuden (Naruto too, but only up to ep 100, after that it's just fillers. :|) too, but only the main storyline, so about half the anime. :')

My faves so far are probably FMA, CG, Death Note and Elfen Lied. (y)

I'm actually looking for some new ones to watch... Anyone able to recommend something similar to any of the ones above? ;D

Last edited by a moderator:

darkaniken2

^ Marry me? :D

You should watch Full Metal Panic if you haven't. Sorta like Code Geass. Elfen Lied sorta stands alone in my anime library. And the rest I can't think of any names off the top of my head.