Armageddon, End of Existence, Mayan's Know etc...

DeletedUser96310

Ok, so as we all know.. the world is ending on winter solstice 2012 (Dec 21) and therefore I have a couple questions.

1. Now that we've address the end, who will be mass deleting on Dec 20 so they can spend the last day getting pissed?
2. Those who aren't, will you be celebrating with those who do or will you be here eating the easy food?
and finally,
3. Like me, will you be laughing at those who buy into this Mayan BS?

Actually, my plan is to convince everyone the sky is falling and they should send all troops to support shAve (mostly facebook staulkers) while they themselves run about screaming (or laughing) doom. <

Doom to us all, run my friends, run and find hugs everywhere before the chance for hugs is gone. Run to your homes and snuggle with your loved ones. Run to your homes and hold your children close. Run to your kitchens and eat that last meal but do so only after sending your armies out in support of me. The player who in W59, first gave you warning. :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Hey, you know, in all fairness, the mayans didnt predict the end of the world. Thats just the point where they said "Alright, we can make a new calendar in 2012, come out with a swimsuit edition for a change." :p

DeletedUser96310

not true... i refuse to believe this.. its Armageddon, everyone should flee in fright. :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Secret text much?

I believe on the last day of the world, i will have a nice chat with my friends and talk about how we'll get in touch in the afterlife and play tribalwars again :p

DeletedUser

Actually I do believe the world has been officially ending many many many times (I will not railroad off into a joke about tw's worlds here):

Looking it up there have been 242 occasions in the last 2000 years when the world was supposed to end.

Seeing as there's no way to prepare for it I think I'll just continue as normal :)

DeletedUser

Well Conspiracy Theory says that their building 2012 bunkers under Denver International Airport.
:D

slinkiestwizard

Bee i guess you wont be coming to my party then BTW ill need a permanent sit as of dec 20 th

DeletedUser

I think it is not the end of the word per se but more of a end of the world as we know it. BUT, I will be getting pissed just in case.

DeletedUser

Shouldn't this be under General? It has nothing to do with this world.

DeletedUser96310

it does too, you didn't read the secret text did you reaver?

:)

DeletedUser

isn't it solar flares that are supposed to happen...and knock out all the electricity. no alarms no refrigeration, man will destroy itself.

DeletedUser

I actually know quite a bit about 2012 as I have studied history and astronomy :icon_idea:
For this reason I know a fair share about the mayans and our galaxy etc.

People say "the mayan calendar will end in dec 21 2012". This is not true. It simply restarts.
Just as our calendar "ends" or "restarts" on jan 1.
The mayans had 3 major calendars they followed for different means of timing.
This is simply one of them, that is restarting on that date.
The mayans never predicted the world was going to end on this date.

They were very advanced in astronomy and mathematics, as many of you may know, so they did make predictions as to what would happen in our galaxy, with us, earth.
These predictions said that the sun would line up with a black hole in the center of our galaxy in perfect alignment on this date.
NASA has confirmed that even if this were to happen, that the effects on earth would be negligible, if any at all.

Another theory those is that the poles are going to change on earth.
Earth is surrounded by a magnetic field, therefore creating our "south pole" and "north pole".
This magnetic field is existent because earths core is surrounded by an ocean of hot liquid metal.
Earths magnetic field is constantly changing, it is not constant. This is true because the liquid metal surrounding our core is ever changing in how, and where it flows.

The poles do not switch, it is not possible. A magnetic reversal is possible, and has happened before.
This happens once every 400,000 years or so.
This is not a phenomenon that happens within a matter of minutes, it happens over time.
Scientists typically predict that a magnetic reversal will take place in roughly 1000-3000 years.

Even if the earth were to undergo a reversal of our magnetic field, it would not greatly impact the earth.
If this reversal where to happen our north and south would change.
This again, would be over time though. Compasses could begin to point north as an entirely different direction than north or south.
Again, this is because a magnetic reversal happens over years and years, not within a days time.
Another thing that could change, if this were to happen, is animals migrational patterns could change.

Another theory is that solar flares will fry us as we will not have a magnetic field protecting us from the sun while our poles "flip"
This could not happen.
Our magnetic field can weaken, and become stronger.
However, it could never completely "go away" and become non-existent for some time.
Even if our magnetic field were to disappear for some time, earth's atmosphere is thick enough to protect us from these solar flares.

The point is, nothing would happen that would trigger "the end of the world" if the magnetic poles were to shift.
Earth has been around for roughly 4.5 billion years, and with magnetic reversals happening every 400,000 years, that indicates approximately 11,250 magnetic reversals have happened to earth.
History of fossils, and rock layers, have not indicated, in anyway, that a magnetic reversal has severely impacted life on earth.
It has indicated the opposite, that life on earth simply went on living the way it was before a magnetic reversal happened.

I know it is a rather long read, but if you have the time take the time to read it over, it will explain any theories regarding 2012 and "the end of earth/life on earth".

Rvglos

maybe they ment an economic meltdown..... personally i dont see any signs of that.... oh wait ummmmm :lol:

DeletedUser103684

I actually know quite a bit about 2012 as I have studied history and astronomy :icon_idea:

People say "the mayan calendar will end in dec 21 2012". This is not true. It simply restarts.

They were very advanced in astronomy and mathematics, as many of you may know, so they did make predictions as to what would happen in our galaxy, with us, earth.
These predictions said that the sun would line up with a black hole in the center of our galaxy in perfect alignment on this date.
NASA has confirmed that even if this were to happen, that the effects on earth would be negligible, if any at all.

Earth is surrounded by a magnetic field, therefore creating our "south pole" and "north pole".
This magnetic field is existent because earths core is surrounded by an ocean of hot liquid metal.
Earths magnetic field is constantly changing, it is not constant. This is true because the liquid metal surrounding our core is ever changing in how, and where it flows.

The poles do not switch, it is not possible. A magnetic reversal is possible, and has happened before.
This is not a phenomenon that happens within a matter of minutes, it happens over time.
Scientists typically predict that a magnetic reversal will take place in roughly 1000-3000 years.

Even if the earth were to undergo a reversal of our magnetic field, it would not greatly impact the earth.
This again, would be over time though. Compasses could begin to point north as an entirely different direction than north or south.
Again, this is because a magnetic reversal happens over years and years, not within a days time.
Another thing that could change, if this were to happen, is animals migrational patterns could change.

Another theory is that solar flares will fry us as we will not have a magnetic field protecting us from the sun while our poles "flip"
This could not happen.
However, it could never completely "go away" and become non-existent for some time.
Even if our magnetic field were to disappear for some time, earth's atmosphere is thick enough to protect us from these solar flares.

The point is, nothing would happen that would trigger "the end of the world" if the magnetic poles were to shift.
Earth has been around for roughly 4.5 billion years, and with magnetic reversals happening every 400,000 years, that indicates approximately 11,250 magnetic reversals have happened to earth.
History of fossils, and rock layers, have not indicated, in anyway, that a magnetic reversal has severely impacted life on earth.
It has indicated the opposite, that life on earth simply went on living the way it was before a magnetic reversal happened.

I know it is a rather long read, but if you have the time take the time to read it over, it will explain any theories regarding 2012 and "the end of earth/life on earth".

Very intelligent and well written post here pownedu.

I would like to point out that if you are not at all interested in learning more about the facts behind the Mayans then please skip this as it will be a long post :icon_biggrin:

I have been fascinated with ancient civilisations from back when I was a kid. I have spent many an hour researching things such as these.

From what I have learnt I believe that a phenomenon similar to the 'earth crust displacement' theory is what has happened to our planet and was responsible for the last Ice age and the evidence scattered across the globe that almost every country has suffered a radical change in climate due to this.
Take for example Egypt and the HEAVY water errosion upon the exterior of the sphinx (considering the ground that the great monument stands upon has a habit of burying it if left as the sphinx was dug up in the 1800's... I believe). I could continue with various pieces of evidence however suffice it to say that it is POSSIBLE that the last ice age occured as early as 10,000 years ago!!!

I am now going to take this a step further, I am sure we have all heard of the story of Atlantis..?? It is highly possible for this story to be based upon FACTS.. (with of course many an embellishment and exaggeration upon the truth).. let us now return to the 'earth crust displacement theory', I will briefly explain however I am doing this from memory and It many years ago that I read this..
Earth crust displacement is a theory that the whole of the Earths crust SHIFTS around upon the magma base.. Do you remember your geography lessons and tectonic plates.. well Imagine ALL the plates moving together in one direction completely changing the layout out the earth's surface..

What if Antarctica used to be in a completely different location and the climate was warmer, liveable in fact..!?!

WHY is there ancient maps (a redrawing was found in France) that mapped the whole of the surface of Antarctica UNDER the ice (showing rivers etc) when the first time the 'modern world' only discovered the under surface of the continent in the early 1900's...???

There is also another very important thing to consider here.. if anyone knows of the deity's of the ancient civilisations, eg the Egyptians, the Mayans (not so ancient) etc then you would be surprised to note that many of the tales of these deity's are remarkably similar between all civilisations across the globe.
And WHY pyramids.. ?? - The most well known pyramids are found from both Mayan and Egyptian civilisations HOWEVER, there are actually pyramids all across the globe, some are still (supposedly) undiscovered. There are many in China and there was also a report from a aircraft pilot during the second world war who was flying through the Himalayas transporting weapons who lost control of his aircraft and had to pull down below the fog and saw a huge white blue capped pyramid but was unable to land. - This was reported but alas, never rediscovered at the time due to the war.

From my brief history lesson (lol) I am hoping that you are beginning to see a link between all ancient civilisations. The problem is that all those years ago there was no form of communication.. and Chitzen Itza and Memphis (or should I say Heliopolis) are a LONG LONG way from each other.

It is clear to me that there is some missing link... Now let me suggest something, what IF there was a gifted civilisation, an EDEN, an Atlantis, a place of higher intelligence and understanding which was to suffer a cataclysmic disaster.. a flood, what if the Earths crust were to 'shift'.. remember, this would imediatly casue a rapid change in temperature, climate etc. The poles would cease to be the poles and new poles would take their place - this would cause a huge meltdown and whilst the globe reclimatises the surface would experience intense weather and flooding, storms etc. - remember the great flood in the Bible.. what about the other holy books...???

Now imagine some members of this great civilisation were to escape and reach random points across the globe to reinhabit whilst maintaining some of the ancient traditions from this old civilisation! Now the pieces fit and we have a complete history that answers many questions like 'how were the Egyptians who were nothing more than simple farmers suddenly spring to life in 3150 BC and begin building great pyramids that still stand stronger (and geometrically ACCURATE) than any structure modern science could create. I would also like to point out that there is clear evidence that the Egyptian civilisation LOST sophistication over time, this is evident by the simple fact that the great pyramid was supposedly built in 2560 BC still stands and yet all the others that proceeded it are in various states of decay in particular those of the later dynasties!

This once again reinforces the idea that our eldest know predecessors were gifted with extraordinary intelligence.

So, now we finally come to the Mayan calender.. The Mayans have been renowned for their grasp upon the concepts of 'time'.. so the idea of a calender that predicts the end of the world is possible. However it is my contention that there is no 'prophecy' other than the calling of our own intuition and the call of a higher level of understanding anyone who knows the occult would know this.

Misconception and lies are the way of the modern world. This supposed prophecy is yet another distraction (as is this wonderful game that I enjoy) and is scaremongering among the masses.
However, it is said that there would be a 'great year' of light followed by a year of darkness.. to understand this then you should first understand the phenomenon known as precession of the 'equinoxes' (=x) this is a combination of both the Occult and known astronomy (although mainly the occult modern science is still catching up with it).

So the answer is simple... this is the end of the Mayan calender... the end of the year... the end, but not the final destination. We still have much to learn as a race.

I apologise for such a long post but it is necessary to understand the truth before making judgement.

Sincerely,
Liam

vato loco

This could not happen.

Very intelligent and well written post here pownedu.

I would like to point out that if you are not at all interested in learning more about the facts behind the Mayans then please skip this as it will be a long post :icon_biggrin:

I have been fascinated with ancient civilisations from back when I was a kid. I have spent many an hour researching things such as these.

From what I have learnt I believe that a phenomenon similar to the 'earth crust displacement' theory is what has happened to our planet and was responsible for the last Ice age and the evidence scattered across the globe that almost every country has suffered a radical change in climate due to this.
Take for example Egypt and the HEAVY water errosion upon the exterior of the sphinx (considering the ground that the great monument stands upon has a habit of burying it if left as the sphinx was dug up in the 1800's... I believe). I could continue with various pieces of evidence however suffice it to say that it is POSSIBLE that the last ice age occured as early as 10,000 years ago!!!

I am now going to take this a step further, I am sure we have all heard of the story of Atlantis..?? It is highly possible for this story to be based upon FACTS.. (with of course many an embellishment and exaggeration upon the truth).. let us now return to the 'earth crust displacement theory', I will briefly explain however I am doing this from memory and It many years ago that I read this..
Earth crust displacement is a theory that the whole of the Earths crust SHIFTS around upon the magma base.. Do you remember your geography lessons and tectonic plates.. well Imagine ALL the plates moving together in one direction completely changing the layout out the earth's surface..

What if Antarctica used to be in a completely different location and the climate was warmer, liveable in fact..!?!

WHY is there ancient maps (a redrawing was found in France) that mapped the whole of the surface of Antarctica UNDER the ice (showing rivers etc) when the first time the 'modern world' only discovered the under surface of the continent in the early 1900's...???

There is also another very important thing to consider here.. if anyone knows of the deity's of the ancient civilisations, eg the Egyptians, the Mayans (not so ancient) etc then you would be surprised to note that many of the tales of these deity's are remarkably similar between all civilisations across the globe.
And WHY pyramids.. ?? - The most well known pyramids are found from both Mayan and Egyptian civilisations HOWEVER, there are actually pyramids all across the globe, some are still (supposedly) undiscovered. There are many in China and there was also a report from a aircraft pilot during the second world war who was flying through the Himalayas transporting weapons who lost control of his aircraft and had to pull down below the fog and saw a huge white blue capped pyramid but was unable to land. - This was reported but alas, never rediscovered at the time due to the war.

From my brief history lesson (lol) I am hoping that you are beginning to see a link between all ancient civilisations. The problem is that all those years ago there was no form of communication.. and Chitzen Itza and Memphis (or should I say Heliopolis) are a LONG LONG way from each other.

It is clear to me that there is some missing link... Now let me suggest something, what IF there was a gifted civilisation, an EDEN, an Atlantis, a place of higher intelligence and understanding which was to suffer a cataclysmic disaster.. a flood, what if the Earths crust were to 'shift'.. remember, this would imediatly casue a rapid change in temperature, climate etc. The poles would cease to be the poles and new poles would take their place - this would cause a huge meltdown and whilst the globe reclimatises the surface would experience intense weather and flooding, storms etc. - remember the great flood in the Bible.. what about the other holy books...???

Now imagine some members of this great civilisation were to escape and reach random points across the globe to reinhabit whilst maintaining some of the ancient traditions from this old civilisation! Now the pieces fit and we have a complete history that answers many questions like 'how were the Egyptians who were nothing more than simple farmers suddenly spring to life in 3150 BC and begin building great pyramids that still stand stronger (and geometrically ACCURATE) than any structure modern science could create. I would also like to point out that there is clear evidence that the Egyptian civilisation LOST sophistication over time, this is evident by the simple fact that the great pyramid was supposedly built in 2560 BC still stands and yet all the others that proceeded it are in various states of decay in particular those of the later dynasties!

This once again reinforces the idea that our eldest know predecessors were gifted with extraordinary intelligence.

So, now we finally come to the Mayan calender.. The Mayans have been renowned for their grasp upon the concepts of 'time'.. so the idea of a calender that predicts the end of the world is possible. However it is my contention that there is no 'prophecy' other than the calling of our own intuition and the call of a higher level of understanding anyone who knows the occult would know this.

Misconception and lies are the way of the modern world. This supposed prophecy is yet another distraction (as is this wonderful game that I enjoy) and is scaremongering among the masses.
However, it is said that there would be a 'great year' of light followed by a year of darkness.. to understand this then you should first understand the phenomenon known as precession of the 'equinoxes' (=x) this is a combination of both the Occult and known astronomy (although mainly the occult modern science is still catching up with it).

So the answer is simple... this is the end of the Mayan calender... the end of the year... the end, but not the final destination. We still have much to learn as a race.

I apologise for such a long post but it is necessary to understand the truth before making judgement.

Sincerely,
Liam

Very Nice reads both of you, I for one thoroughly enjoyed reading them and myself am facinated by ancient civilisations, In particular the Ancient civilsations of the Mayans, Inca's and Aztec's. Also sites such as Puma Punku In Tiahuanaco, Stonehenge, give a good insight in how advanced some of these civilisations were, which makes u wonder... How did they build the structures they did, with the "Supposed" Resources they had. But the two sites that intrigue me the most is the megalithic structure at Sacsayhuaman in Peru, Machu Pichu and Ollantaytambo Fortress (Which is near Machu Pichu)

Show early signs of Engineering, Architecture, etc - And like Liam said of an ancient civilisation, that may have split up, which had the capabilities to do things that we in the modern day are barely able to do....

I could go more in depth, and half prob looks like jibber jabber, but i just woke up...

Again nice read's u two

PS- dnt know how to do spoilers on these externals =\ Sorry lol

VL.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I think it is not the end of the word per se but more of a end of the world as we know it. BUT, I will be getting pissed just in case.

So no mass delete party? :icon_sad:

Guess we have to put up with humanity a little longer then, oh well :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I have to question why this is here?

I totally agree, I said something earlier this should be in general. But waves made excuses as to why it should be here, meh I didn't argue. I figured the public would realize it but guess not.

slinkiestwizard

Ok, so as we all know.. the world is ending on winter solstice 2012 (Dec 21) and therefore I have a couple questions.

1. Now that we've address the end, who will be mass deleting on Dec 20 so they can spend the last day getting pissed?
2. Those who aren't, will you be celebrating with those who do or will you be here eating the easy food?
and finally,
3. Like me, will you be laughing at those who buy into this Mayan BS?

Actually, my plan is to convince everyone the sky is falling and they should send all troops to support shAve (mostly facebook staulkers) while they themselves run about screaming (or laughing) doom. <

Doom to us all, run my friends, run and find hugs everywhere before the chance for hugs is gone. Run to your homes and snuggle with your loved ones. Run to your homes and hold your children close. Run to your kitchens and eat that last meal but do so only after sending your armies out in support of me. The player who in W59, first gave you warning. :icon_twisted:

I totally agree, I said something earlier this should be in general. But waves made excuses as to why it should be here, meh I didn't argue. I figured the public would realize it but guess not.

Some things you just have to try and read between the lines