Barb Nobling, Legend or Loser?

merritt olsen

many people talk about nobling barbs but sometimes when you are attacking a large player with lets say for example 57 villages and you manage to take 31 of his villages...then lets say for example you send a massive attack of 78 nukes and 26 noble trains to his remaining 26 villages (200-260 hours travel time with nukes and a bit longer with noble trains)...now lets say this player sees this and suddenly quits thus making his remaining villages barbs...the question is, does this now make me a barb nobler??? because if you look at the stats it will show that i nobled barbs...for 3-4 weeks i was on the top 10 noblers list and would have had more and been on for more weeks had it not been for players quitting before the rim was finished...so the stats are unreliable as it doesn't take into account players suddenly quitting..

DeletedUser

This was an off-topic post for the thread it was composed in. However I believe the question has some merit behind it and therefore it warranted a new thread.

Personally I believe that there is nothing wrong with barb nobling if the villages are 8,000 points plus. Villages still have to be cleared and coordination is still needed due to the fact that you aren't going to be the only player who wants the village. Therefore you have the preempt the idea that you will be taking the village off of a new player who has nobled it before your train has landed.

However I do hate those that live off internal noblings. I confess that that is all I am doing at the moment however my tribe on W16 is allied to the other super powers to the east and south and therefore I have nothing to noble.

bomberace101

I look at barb nobling with what is the reason for taking the village and what is it going to achieve. If you are securing more villages on a frontline it can be seen as a good move but others will argue the nobles should be used on war targets. Then you have backline barb nobling in safe areas but what is it achieving? If the intentions of doing the barb nobling put you into a better position to fight enemies then i have no complaints

DeletedUser

The only reason for back line noblings in my eyes is to create defence. My opinion is that the frontline should be offence and the backline defence. Makes for more powerful attacks.

I wont class the discussion of different stratergies as off topic for the most part. If flaming starts though i'll get out the ban stick ^_^

bomberace101

Then again if you by your strategy supporting newly taken villages will be harder since your D is so far away. :p

DeletedUser

Thats true, but why bother with defence when you can rip apart the opponents offence vills? Your right, my theory has a lot of flaws in it ^^

DeletedUser

Since my tribe is Apoc-C, my position on barb nobling is pretty easy to guess (don't do it).

It seems to me that there are always inactive enemies that can be nobled to increase a frontline if necessary, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as replacing active enemy clusters with active yellow ones.

DeletedUser

Barb nobling is an acceptable practice when certain criteria are met.

1) When you are moving to a frontline with no inactives. This is a rather rare circumstance, but it does happen.

2) When you are losing villages fast.
There are times when you have been overwhelmed because your tribe isnt supporting you or you are just outskilled when barb nobling is a way to retreat.

However a lot of players seem to barb noble, just to keep themselves occupied.
And when it comes to battle after months of only barb nobling their skills are lost.

All other circumstances seem, unnecessary.
If there are inactives on the front -- take them, why allow an inactive to come back and possibly use those troops on you?

And why play tribal wars if you arent going to fight people?

DeletedUser

Some people barb noble to cluster. However I often frown at these people.

DeletedUser

Clustering villages i can understand as well.

But there is little to no reason to cluster when you are clustering continents behind the warzone.

I can name names but we already have a map for the biggest barb noblers :D

DeletedUser

Some people barb noble to cluster. However I often frown at these people.

I was barb nobling to cluster for a while. Some of it was for pure density, near areas that were under heavy attack I wanted more short range defense. Most were to limit my enemies from building death stars in my territory. Its far easier to noble a village that has been precleared and kill the incoming train than it is to wait for it to turn red and kill stacks at 20 wall. Different locations require different strategies. If all your villages are behind enemy lines then short supply times are paramount and barbs need to be evaluated in terms of how much a detriment they would be to you if stacked and in enemy hands.

Referencing your other point about keeping all your offense on the frontlines, it is more important to have many trains than many nukes on the frontlines. If you face a smart enemy they will have sufficient stacks to neutralize any short range nukes. The backline and midline nukes clear stacks and the frontlines have a mix of nukes, trains and defense sufficient to make short range renobling by the enemy fail.

DeletedUser

Clustering villages i can understand as well.

But there is little to no reason to cluster when you are clustering continents behind the warzone.

I can name names but we already have a map for the biggest barb noblers :D

can you put the map?i think it won't be off topic..will show some interesting facts..

DeletedUser

Barb nobling is ok in circumstances like forkrul mentions. However, there is no need to barb noble to relocate as you will ALWAYS find inactives in all tribes. I jumped many Ks in all wars to get to the front and I never used barbs to get there. There are also so many sat inactives that if you are hit pretty hard by the enemy, you can easily replenish on those. There was a huge hole left in K46 when 3 huge accounts deleted within days of each other. Obviously those villages needed to be nobled.

For the purposes of stats, I can relate to Merritt and have been frustrated several times to be initially nobling a player only to see a barb conquer on my account. Why can't we have these villages called 'Player Barb', or something like that, to distinguish them from a regular farm?

DeletedUser

the said effect of barb nobling only is to lose your skill, however there is no problem with the actual act of nobling a barb. I have no issue with back line nobling. I made a cluster like that a long time ago. These villages are safe areas to build troops, they can help you expand, and can be gotten easily when you are low on troops, and as long as you noble a decent village, 8k and up at least, there is no issue. the effect of nobling only barbs is to lose your skill, or never get any, but villages that are barbs do not hold less troops, the troops do not move slower, the walls do not defend any less. Barbs should be nobbled in moderation with enemy villages, as they provide the same benefits any other village does.I dont noble back line anymore, but barbs backline or not are still just as useful as a village in the front that you used up 20 nukes to clear.

DeletedUser

I stopped nobling barbs in Nov 2008.

Most of the important points above have been covered.

1. Barb noblers GENERALLY have no PvP skill. Note word Generally. If I were to chose a tribe of players that are used to Player vs Player but 3M points each, or barb noblers with 10M points... I would chose the PvP group. There is NO DOUBT that these players, after months/years in wars... play a far superior game on every level.

2. Nobling barbs means your not CLEANING your local region. The best way to have a nice safe region to play in is to kill the enemy off. If there are no red dots for 60 hrs... then noone is going to hurt you there (or if they try they are going to have a very hard time). Focusing on barbs in a region mean REAL players (enemy) live.

3. Clusters - seems like a good idea in concept, but in reality its not necessary. Most top players are in 5-10 continents... that can hardly be called clustering. There ARE rare situations where clustering is good (see Forukul above)

4. Barb nobling is playing this game as an individual (selfish). Players that play in teams enjoy the game more, play longer, and play better.

5. The "I am building back defense" argument baffles me. Just build defense on the front line! If you had a choice between nobling a village on the front line, or nobling one 150 hrs away... why noble one 150 hrs away? By the time you send your defense to the village... it is either DEAD, or the front line has moved on and its in the back line and you have to send it back agian.

On a side note... the interesting topic of If you send vs a player , and they go barb, then you take the barb... I would MUCH prefer to see this not be counted as a barb in the overall stats (somehow). I realise that isnt probably easy... but in relaity it would be nice to keep track of such things.

Z

Rudegar

one thing myself and warayama did a while ago was look at the number of nukes players had Vs avaliable nobles....

if you figure it takes a nuke 2 weeks to build and work an around about figure of how many it takes to clear an active enemy village.. there is little point in having train in excess of clearing capacity.... if a player has nukes avaliable to clear 10 villages.... and has 100 avaliable nobles (25 trains) then they might as well use some of their avaliable nobles to noble either innactives or barbs or find someone whose ratio is reversed ie... able to clear many villages but without the nobling capacity to take them to work with... 1 clearing and the other nobling.

equally i would usually find that the players whose ratios are nuke light and noble heavy are usually of a lower activity level than those who are nuke heavy and noble light and hence for tribal purposes tend to play a better role as a back line defense builder who can log on and transfer their troops to stack a frontline player.

just my take on things... ive got nothing against the odd barb nobling, but its like alcohol..... everything in moderation etc.... i wouldnt criticise a zain or a secretagentbarbie or a maddawgmike for nobling a barb, but there are a significant number of players who lack the testicles to target anything but barbs (and or innactives)... and they just suck uberly

DeletedUser

how about me rude?don't be rude..lol..im being hammered badly here..losing villas daily..it's the beginning of the end..

Rudegar

checked stats.... its not looking too bad to me.... ur getting banged by players from 3 different tribes but still growing :D

DeletedUser

clustering is great...but you always need farms...in w23 i migrated to the rim after my core tribe disbanded...it was all fun and stuff...BUT i migrated in a way that i took 50 villages in a cluster without leaving any barbs in the cluster...now i have aproblem with farming and lack of coins/nobles because of that...if you aren't in a front line, DO NOT take barbs :p

DeletedUser

Thats funny xlxhx.. you nobled a few barbs near me a short time ago which i nobled back.. which is the other reason not to noble barbs, you'll just lose them.