Ceasefire

Evando

To help prove this RB asked to merge with us only a few weeks ago...we refused them for the very reason that our ally HOT were at war with them and this is the tpye of respect we get back from HOT???

like how you compare RB to ST :icon_confused:

shameful actions by ST and HOT though why do they want to play sim-city like ATEN which has themselves throughly destroyed this worlds reputation as a fun filled fighting one and turned it into a game of attrition

just thought i should get my little bit in before go offline:)

DeletedUser1125

Aten

Let's not lose track of the real issues here.

The fact is that when the most recent major ST op failed to take even one of Idefix's vils the realization hit them that they could only prolong the war, but never win it. I don't think that there's anyone in ST who could honestly dispute this.

The recent memo of their leader confirms this. He cites real life issues, and says that many ST leaders will soon be leaving the game, and he doesn't know how they will survive if they do not merge with HOT.

Rl is Rl, but it is also part of the game. Obviously, the tribes with the most persistance, and the most players who stay active in this game will last the longest. Fact is, that Aten has beat ST, and everyone, especially ST leadership, realizes this. We have overrun their front lines, and are establishing clusters inside of them, while they cannot breach the Aten front lines.

It is also beyond dispute that HOT, Aten's longest standing ally, also did declare war on CEG once upon a time. At that time, the alliance of five publically stated that they would NEVER let up, and would hunt down all runners. This "Zero Tolerance" policy, I believe, was initiated by HOT.

Well, HOT, for their own reasons, did pull out of that war. However, the bulldogs of Aten, as they had promised, did not.

Now, after over six months of constant warring. The most intense, prolonged, war this world has seen, when even the St leaders are admitting that they cannot realistically hope to prevail, HOT, our most trusted ally, tells us that they are taking in this whole family of runners, (remember zero tolerance.....lol), as that is the only fair thing to do.....lol

I think fair is fair, and that HOT should respect their allies and keep their hands off of the spoils of war. I'll propose a deal though, I don't actually have the authority of the Aten High Council, but I'm sure that they will back me up on this.

Here's three things which I believe would be fair by anyone's standards:

#1. If, and when, HOT ever defeats the RB tribes, or they give up, and want to merge with HOT, then I think it would only be fair that we stand by, and let that happen. Aten will not demand that the RB tribes join Aten in exchange for 100 vils....lol. In fact, Aten will not even participate in any negotiations between RB and HOT.

#2. If HOT wants to get out of bed with Xig, and begin attacking them again in concert with their Aten and TW allies, then I think it would be only fair that HOT should be apportioned a fair amount of Xig vils when they are defeated.

#3. If HOT would join with their Aten allies and recomence hostilities against the other half of CEG, (ST), then we would not begrudge them any vils which they fairly conquer in the fight.

After all, the name of the game is Tribal Wars, is it not?

Scarus

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2566

good post scarus.

Hey, I am not trying to blast Aten with this. I am not saying you are the next CEG. I simply said can you see how some others Might view you as such?

Look at the real world. When there is a proper balance of power then things worked smoothly. When one power begins to become the overpowering power with no check or balance to it then the world begins to all focus in on them.

The world moved quickly on CEG as that was a threat to the balance. The Balance has once again shifted from a balanced state. So it seems certain tribes are trying to make a similiar move to CEG in order to rebalance it.

This is not me saying I agree with it. Just me stating what I see happening.

Am I wrong?

well if ceg never happened i don't think these other mergers wold have happened either. ceg was/is threat we responded to, the rest of what you said is speculating so i'm not going to comment it. and what others think7see isn't of my choosing. yet something to think for observers is that if hot does this for aten, what will they do to rest of their "allies"? i doubt it'll be my concern as we might be seen as you said, (therefor we'd get ganged on) but it's something that others should measure carefully?

Evando

if i just have posted scarus ST have lost/are losing this war well what does HOT have to loose

this has no doubt damaged relations between ATEN and HOT and no doubt ATEN will eventually take revenge once ST is finished

so if HOT want to prolong their life on this world their best choice would techincally be to stand against ATEN before all of the North falls under the power of one family tribe?

DeletedUser6319

i just can't help noticing that a few people have forgotten something...
the condition that HOT impossed to XiG when they made peace was that XiG will attack whomever HOT asks them to...
even thougt XiG is already at war with ATEN...it would still mean that HOT ST and XiG would form a real power for any tribe in the world...ST and XIG are great war tribes + the size of HOT they could be a serios threat even to ATEN and TW united...

DeletedUser1125

like how you compare RB to ST :icon_confused:

shameful actions by ST and HOT though why do they want to play sim-city like ATEN which has themselves throughly destroyed this worlds reputation as a fun filled fighting one and turned it into a game of attrition

just thought i should get my little bit in before go offline:)

Sim City? Aten has been battling both ST and Xig for over six months......

Only TW, and Xig have warred as much as Aten has in the history of this World.

Scarus

DeletedUser

Sim City?

Its not about war, its about attitude. In world 2 when a tribe or a player has a problem they solve it using the tag, change it or spread it. You should know about it better than me.
Aten personifies this as it's the largest family at the moment. Merged your tribe, RUM47, CE, etc.
So did everyone else. But you guys got bigger, so you are a symbol. What adds up is that Atens main image in these forums is honour and respect and allies. It comes up in nearly every post, and quite frankly it gets annoying for the average reader, even an Atenian.

Not saying its wrong or right, just explaining why people associate Aten to sim-city. 19 tribes of friendly people whos only purpose is ensuring safety and helping its honourable allies. Apparently you guys will have company pretty soon so just endure a bit longer.

Mantho

and everyone who says that offer was good.. lolol.. it wasn't worth more than spitting on aten's face.

should hot pull the merger thru anyway and take in our bloody enemies, should they attack us for attacking st refugees, is up to them. we are only interested of our current enemies.

should aten get ganged and backstabbed, we've learned that honest ways leaves us with victory of winning of st, yet losing our villages (in worst case) to the sneaky.. well.. take our villages, more you won't be getting.

i expect to get even more busy soon.. so long.

bad

LOl backstabbed? BM you have it backwords we came to you open it is ATEN who tried to get ST to merge wit them lol So your propaganda is a little scewed but nothing new. At least this time you wont have hot support to make sure you keep those long distance villages. I look forword to this glad you guys voted the way you did. I guess the war stats Jan 31st because we ARE bringing in ST.

DeletedUser

LOl backstabbed? BM you have it backwords we came to you open it is ATEN who tried to get ST to merge wit them lol So your propaganda is a little scewed but nothing new. At least this time you wont have hot support to make sure you keep those long distance villages. I look forword to this glad you guys voted the way you did. I guess the war stats Jan 31st because we ARE bringing in ST.

...and uh...when will that war end Mantho? Feb 1st? :lol: HOT aren't known for sticking out the big wars, are they? Their claim to fame is destroying Shado, an indepandant tribe (at least to my recollection):lol:

Mantho

Yet another time that we have stayed true to our words, and will still be backstabbed by our "ally". Congratulations kids, you can now join Congo at the bottom of the barrel.

It seems that all that HOT have done so far in this world is seek the easiest way to get out of wars that they have the assets to end in a week, all in honour of looking like the biggest, baddest, and best.

HOT stood beside Aten, and TW, when they said that all that CEG stood for needed to be removed from this world, no matter what the cost. And now, they're forming their own mini-CEG.

The people at the top in HOT might think that this is a lovely move, and can obviously see the good sides to the changes. I wonder what the people in HOT that matter, think?

And, what do TW think about all of this?

Sorry to burst your bubble but even with ST's Hot will still be smaller then Aten so what does that make Aten?

Neb1

I would like to note that.
1) St is not defeated. I saw a few people twist words here, Saying that St has lost. I would say most certainly not. In War, there will be times where you are doing better or worse. Their are victorys and losses in a war. Dont make too big of a deal about it until The War is completely over.
2) St is outnumbered 3 to 1. Thats pretty hard odds to beat.
3) Even with a merger. Aten would be larger then ST + HOT.
4) As you pointed out. This is Tribal Wars. Not an election for most honorable tribe. Now, I am not encouraging people to use any method to win. But This is War.

And I wonder how a war would turn out if someone, almost Aten's size, fought back.

DeletedUser1125

Aten

Well, this is part of the problem. Our first knowledge of the HOT/ST merger was brought to us by the ever tactful, Mantho. What we were told by Mantho was that ST was going to merge with HOT, and if we did not accept that, that HOT would attack us.

Our initial response was that if St was going to merge with anyone it would be us, as we had brought them to their knees. However, I can honestly say that no one in Aten has ever seriously proposed merging any ST tribes, or even any individual players. Our goal remains the same as it did six months ago, a war with CEG to the end. We continue to attack both halves of CEG, (ST and Xig), and have never seriously considered stopping.

We have remained constant, and true to our allies that entire time.

Scarus

DeletedUser

lemme get this straight...

Aten is soon gonna take in some ST members and procede to kill off the rest while HOT, are loyal ally, is also thinking of merging with ST???

is what i said the summary of whats going on???

i would like to get it striaght before i give my opnion:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

i would like to get it striaght before i give my opnion:icon_wink:

Read the thread, if you can't figure it out by this not much point in trying to explain.
And refrain from giving me a witty response with bad spelling, this is a good thread so don't spam.

DeletedUser137

LOl backstabbed? BM you have it backwords we came to you open it is ATEN who tried to get ST to merge wit them lol

Aten has never tried to merge ST and although it is boring to hear us harp on about being honourable to our allies, we have never dropped an alliance or gone against one. Proof = 1st XiG war.
In hindsight for the good of Aten, we could have attacked XiG (At the time they controlled ALL the south of the world) as the tip of powers would have made Aten and the rest of our allies get loads of villages, and we would have been certain of winning BUT we have NEVER strayed from our mantra of never breaking an alliance and no tribe can ever deny us of that.
~Neo

@ Heavengirl911, we are NOT merging with ST no matter what, HOT is trying force the merger to happen by threatening us with war and then calling US backstabbers so we are arguing back.

Mantho

Well, this is part of the problem. Our first knowledge of the HOT/ST merger was brought to us by the ever tactful, Mantho. What we were told by Mantho was that ST was going to merge with HOT, and if we did not accept that, that HOT would attack us.

Our initial response was that if St was going to merge with anyone it would be us, as we had brought them to their knees. However, I can honestly say that no one in Aten has ever seriously proposed merging any ST tribes, or even any individual players. Our goal remains the same as it did six months ago, a war with CEG to the end. We continue to attack both halves of CEG, (ST and Xig), and have never seriously considered stopping.

We have remained constant, and true to our allies that entire time.

Scarus

Wrong again good thing Aten leaders like to spin. It was first brought to you by Colossus the leader of HoT. Now if you would like to argue that ask Jack,Rap they were there YOU WERE NOT.

Mantho

Aten has never tried to merge ST and although it is boring to hear us harp on about being honourable to our allies, we have never dropped an alliance or gone against one. Proof = 1st XiG war.
In hindsight for the good of Aten, we could have attacked XiG (At the time they controlled ALL the south of the world) as the tip of powers would have made Aten and the rest of our allies get loads of villages, and we would have been certain of winning BUT we have NEVER strayed from our mantra of never breaking an alliance and no tribe can ever deny us of that.
~Neo

Again wrong the idea was sent to Ry-fi and ST turned it down. So before you talk of somthing you dont know think again;p

DeletedUser137

Mantro likes to lie :icon_cool:

Aten has NEVER tried to merge ST, that is indisputable.

and what does it matter who said 1st, I heard 1st from a forwarded copy of HeroAJ, Scarus heard 1st from you and others in Aten had it filtered down.

Trying to argue with us on who said what 1st is the stupidest path to take this thread on.

DeletedUser

Don't know if this been posted yet ; anyways may interest you :icon_cool:

rap15's mail said:
Members of Aten,

Tomorrow the 30th of Jan at 06:00 we welcome new members to our family. Although this is not quite true...the members of STW joining our family are a group of players that have always been close to Aten, many of them abandoning CEG to first join Aten and then took their friends into a tribe that stood against CEG.

These members will be going into preexisting Aten tribes who will then be rebranded, Aten|W will change from Aten West into Aten Wolves, We will also be changing a second branch into AtenW2 as soon as the players from this branch have been moved into other Aten branches.

This move has been decided after discussions with STW that most of the high council and selected others were present at. This decision was then fully unanimously ratified by the high council on the forum. Please welcome our new brothers and sisters and make them welcome.

We also have some other very big news. Last Friday leaders of St and HOT met with leaders of Aten. St asked to surrender and informed us they would be willing to go public on the forums admitting defeat to Aten. HOT have told us that they will be merging with ST shortly. We have analysed the peace offer sent to us from HOT on behalf of St, we have decided to reject this offer and continue fighting St. HOT have indicated that they will merge with ST regardless, we are still in discussion with them over this as we regard anyone who flees ST without our permission as a runner and to be hunted down regardless of tribal tag.

As a precaution we would advise you to reinforce any villages near HOT. I would like to make it completely clear that HOT are our allies and we would hope to work through this. As such no villages belonging to HOT's existing tribes are to be attacked. If HOT attack us please forward your reports to myself, Cpt_jack, Scarus and your tribal leaders.

regards
Rap15
Aten Global Leader